Lenoir City, TN

#601572 Oct 16, 2013
I skipped forward

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#601573 Oct 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

...The ESV is an incorrect translation...
BenAdam wrote:
ROFLMAO
A Christian saying other Christians are all liars, frauds and idiots.
How did you twist what I wrote into "liars, frauds and idiots"?!?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#601574 Oct 16, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus isn't a name or Jesus isn't God ?
Whi8ch is it christard ?
God is not God's name.

"God" is what God is.

"Human being" is not your name, "Human being" is what you are.

I don't expect you to understand.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#601575 Oct 16, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus isn't a name or Jesus isn't God ?
Whi8ch is it christard ?
To answer your question, I refer you to Proverbs 30: 4-6

Who has gone up to heaven and come down?
Whose hands have gathered up the wind?
Who has wrapped up the waters in a cloak?
Who has established all the ends of the earth?
What is his name, and what is the name of his son?
Surely you know!

Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.
Do not add to his words, or he will rebuke you and prove you a liar.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#601576 Oct 16, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
I skipped forward
I like skipping.

When I skip, I say "Skippity doo dah, skippity dee yah! My oh my, what a wonerful day!".

*skips away*

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#601577 Oct 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So if I called you "Yellow Trash" that's not an insult, right?
What if I called Catcher "Brown Trash" and then claimed that's ok because it's his middle name...?
Gimme a break, River. "White Trash" is a racist insult that your racist buddy Catcher used.
It's his words, let's see if he owns up to them.
Why is white trash a racist insult?

And what's brown trash all about?
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#601578 Oct 16, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Rider!
Good for you Rider. What you have accomplished is great. You ate not the only one who dropped out of school my friend. I dropped out 3 times. Twice in one year. I eventually got my GED But you have made it with out all that.:)
HFN
Oops

Should be you are, not you ate.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#601579 Oct 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
White Trash was never my label, that's the label your racist friend Catcher gave me.
No matter how you cut it, calling someone white trash is a racist remark. I can't believe that you're defending him.
You still haven't explained why it's racist.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#601580 Oct 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. Only we humans cannot "copy" God and cannot "do the same thing" as God.
The ESV is an incorrect translation. It should read "Follow God's example, therefore, as dearly loved children."
Why do you think it is incorrect?

Others will say it is actually more accurate.

Here...

http://evangelicalbible.com/why.htm

The English Standard Version (ESV), in contrast to most modern translations, is not entirely "new." The ESV is the product of a rich translation legacy which spans some 500 years. The beginning of this heritage was William Tyndale's New Testament (1526). The starting point for the ESV was the 1971 Revised Standard Version (RSV). Over 90 percent of the RSV is retained in the ESV. The RSV was regarded by many as the best modern translation in terms of precision and literary elegance.

The ESV improves upon the RSV in 3 important ways.

(I will let you read for yourself the 3 ways they claim it is improved.)

Summary (back to the article)

The ESV is a grand "improvement" upon centuries of English Bible translations. With a zeal for faithfulness to the original text, and a desire for traditional literary excellence, the ESV is the best modern translation in the English language. We have attempted to explain why these qualities are essential to Bible translation.

An "essentially literal" translation attempts to make the original biblical languages as transparent as possible to the reader. It gives the reader the best view of the original wording of the biblical writers. The focus of the "essentially literal" translation is on word-for-word precision. On the other end of the translation spectrum, are versions which attempt to translate the ideas of the biblical authors. These are often characterized as thought-for-thought translations. Most translations fall somewhere within this continuum. It is true that less literal translations may be more "readable," but often at the expense of accuracy and intended cross reference. The ESV is a superb choice for those who hold transparency to the original text, as a premium for an excellent translation.

I guess it is no wonder that I am no longer a Christian...I was raised on the KJV...I hear it is no longer considered the "true word of God"...or something like that.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#601581 Oct 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I like skipping.
When I skip, I say "Skippity doo dah, skippity dee yah! My oh my, what a wonerful day!".
*skips away*
LOL
Hey RR,
I use to like to skip. I havenít tried it in a long time. Maybe I will. It might still be fun.:)
How are you doing RR?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#601582 Oct 16, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is white trash a racist insult?
And what's brown trash all about?
THe big, badass lawyer doesn't know that 'white trash' is an insult?

Don't play coy, Catch. You exposed your racism. Own it.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#601583 Oct 16, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =v0_qZtJdqzUXX
Come up for air
Breath deeply
The wonder of it all.
Hey Lady.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#601584 Oct 16, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Here...
The English Standard Version (ESV), in contrast to most modern translations, is not entirely "new." The ESV is the product of a rich translation legacy which spans some 500 years. The beginning of this heritage was William Tyndale's New Testament (1526). The starting point for the ESV was the 1971 Revised Standard Version (RSV). Over 90 percent of the RSV is retained in the ESV. The RSV was regarded by many as the best modern translation in terms of precision and literary elegance.
The ESV is a grand "improvement" upon centuries of English Bible translations. With a zeal for faithfulness to the original text, and a desire for traditional literary excellence, the ESV is the best modern translation in the English language. We have attempted to explain why these qualities are essential to Bible translation.
An "essentially literal" translation attempts to make the original biblical languages as transparent as possible to the reader. It gives the reader the best view of the original wording of the biblical writers. The focus of the "essentially literal" translation is on word-for-word precision. On the other end of the translation spectrum, are versions which attempt to translate the ideas of the biblical authors. These are often characterized as thought-for-thought translations. Most translations fall somewhere within this continuum. It is true that less literal translations may be more "readable," but often at the expense of accuracy and intended cross reference. The ESV is a superb choice for those who hold transparency to the original text, as a premium for an excellent translation.
I guess it is no wonder that I am no longer a Christian...I was raised on the KJV...I hear it is no longer considered the "true word of God"...or something like that.
Hey Annie.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#601585 Oct 16, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Here...
I think it's a less reiable translation for reasons like theone we're discussing. The ESV mistranslates it to "immitate" when it should be "follow".

There are a lot of errors, human errors, in the ESV.

The KJV is a medieval translation, written by medieval minds. It's extremely crude and outdated.

it's not The Word of God that's messed up, it's simple human error.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#601586 Oct 16, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
LOL
Hey RR,
I use to like to skip. I havenít tried it in a long time. Maybe I will. It might still be fun.:)
How are you doing RR?
Fantastic! tyfa

How are you?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#601587 Oct 16, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
You still haven't explained why it's racist.
You know that white trash is a racist term.

You used it, racist.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#601588 Oct 16, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post was pointless. I thank you for illustrating it!:)
would you like me better if i had a muff?:-(

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#601589 Oct 16, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
When you take God's order, do you find yourself asking, "Would you like fries with that"?
funny, i guess, but of course disrepectful & blasphemous.

then all y'all wonder & whine "why are these cristers so mean to us lesbos....wah wah wah...."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 2 min truth 5,455
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 3 min andet1987 4,972
INSIDERJOHN.COM REVIEW : BinaryApp-810 SCAM 13 min dess71 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 19 min truth 765,473
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 26 min truth 555,197
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 47 min AussieBobby 263,715
Moses never existed 1 hr truth 568
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 7 hr BottomNow 1,191
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Feb '14) 11 hr Dubai Massage 055... 141

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE