Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#601598 Oct 16, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you cannot control what people do and Boooots is capable of defending himself. Many people, including myself, tried to dissuade him from calling the police; we knew law enforcement would not intervene ..
<quoted text>
.. my crystal ball is somewhat cloudy today ..
<quoted text>
.. when someone says, "Humans are worthless," I refuse to remain silent. Even from a Christian perspective, such a statement is vile. If man is made in God's image, this very statement defiles their God. To have my post met with "LOL's & Goofy" slams all humanity ..
.. if you could paint a picture of God, what would it look like? Would He be stern, prideful, stubborn and mean? Or, kind, compassionate and benevolent? If humans are created in God's image, what would your picture reveal ??..
.. if Christians are suppose to be the reflection of a god, MOST paintings would resemble the final chapter of A PORTRAIT OF DORIAN GRAY ..
My picture would be of a magician pulling a rabbit out of a hat..........Pulling a coin out of a childs ear.........

I undertsand what your saying about worthlessness, I've had that arguement here also. One of the worst phrases in the bible and there are plenty to choose from, for me is 'even your best deeds are like filthy rags'..

About Ians and Darwin you dont need to look into the future. Scrap the magic 8 ball. Just look back at the past. Plenty of evidence. I cant believe you haven't seen it. mUst be to busy looking for it in Xtians to notice..........

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#601599 Oct 16, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Rider!
Good for you Rider. What you have accomplished is great. You ate not the only one who dropped out of school my friend. I dropped out 3 times. Twice in one year. I eventually got my GED But you have made it with out all that.:)
HFN
Hey HFN Thanks,

We were runnin against the wind..........

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#601600 Oct 16, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi HRN;
They were all was going at it and all I could think about was come up for air and a drum roll. So throwed it on a post. I'm sure happy I do not live in the fast lane no more. I got snow here today know it abit silly to be happy over snow but the air is always so fresh and clean and the bite of the cold on the face is even welcome. For me it bring pleasure and apprication.
Correction should read HFN
Some of my keys have lost the letters.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#601601 Oct 16, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought about trying to explain that to him and then...why bother...
I understand.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#601602 Oct 16, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi HRN;
They were all was going at it and all I could think about was come up for air and a drum roll. So throwed it on a post. I'm sure happy I do not live in the fast lane no more. I got snow here today know it abit silly to be happy over snow but the air is always so fresh and clean and the bite of the cold on the face is even welcome. For me it bring pleasure and apprication.
I’m happy I don’t live in the fast lane anymore either. I got in too much trouble. LOL

Like we discussed before I like the snow but I don’t like that cold. I would like it if it didn’t get below 50 degrees. My husband likes the cold better too. He use to freeze me but finally he likes it a little less cold in the house. I would like to get out and walk around in the snow. If it’s silly to be happy over snow then I’m silly too. I love watch it cone down. I usually get a cup of hot tea and sit by a window and watch it.

I went to a park a couple of days ago to eat and feed/watch the ducks. I think they are so colorful. The teal on them is beautiful. Sometimes I just admire Gods handy work. The earth is like His canvas.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#601603 Oct 16, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey HFN Thanks,
We were runnin against the wind..........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =trgMs8Kv0PIXX
Thank you Rider, I love that song.

I’d say we have both done our share of running against the wind.

:)
HFN
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#601604 Oct 16, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction should read HFN
Some of my keys have lost the letters.
:) Mine have too.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#601605 Oct 16, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Good, I’m glad you are Fantastic tyfa.. I’m good, pretty darn good. Things are looking up.
*looks up*

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#601606 Oct 16, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. I also got my GED and some secondary education.
Ya, I wasted a couple years after I got sober wishing I had done things differently and then moved on. cant change the past so may as well get busy living..........
So right.

"Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'"
-Morgan Freeman

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#601607 Oct 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
THe big, badass lawyer doesn't know that 'white trash' is an insult?
Don't play coy, Catch. You exposed your racism. Own it.
Oh, sure, I'll accept that it's an insult.

But it's the fact.

Tell me why it's racism though.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#601608 Oct 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
*looks up*
:)

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#601609 Oct 16, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
You can probably count with your fingers how many people follow Zeus or Quetzalcoatl or Adonnis. So if a god or gods lacks a sizable human following---that to me is a good way to start the elimination process. So then we are down to a couple dozen or so:
Christianity 2.1 billion
Islam 1.5 billion
Secular*/Nonreligious*/Agnosti c/Atheist&#8804; 1.1 billion, Hinduism 1billion Chinese traditional religion* 394 million Buddhism*376 million - 1.2 billion Primal-Indigenous religions 300 million
African Traditional & Diasporic religions 100 million Sikhism28 million Shinto 27-65 million Juche* 19 million Spiritism15 million
Judaism 15 million Baha'i 7 million Jainism 5 million Cao Dai4 million Zoroastrianism 2.6 million Tenrikyo 2 million Neo-Paganism 1 million Unitarian Universalism 800,000 Rastafarianism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_religiou...
So now we are down to a couple dozen that are legitimate religions and philosophies---not thousands. I say a person has more than enough yrs in their life to look closely into those two dozen or so religions to see which ones appeal to them as the truth.
<quoted text>We would be getting along better from the start if you would have simply with civility joined the discussions that were going on before you and the other humanists tried to rudely crash the billboard.
I ruled out Vishnu because of the historical context of Hinduism. Again the historical context of religions and philosophies makes a difference.
Again, Christianity was the religion of my youth. So to me it was natural to start there after the beliefs I pursued as an adult did not satisfy.
The core belief of "No God" of Buddhism, did not make sense. Especially in light of the modern scientific skepticism of any plausible explanation of how people and planets began. To me science did nothing to refute the thousands of yrs status quo of >God is<
To be a legitimate God--That God has to be able to relate to humans on a human level and vise versa. Yeshua to me is that.
"The difference appears to be that you had your needs met by that assumption, whereas mine were not"---Correct.
"I needed it to be internally consistent and to make sense, but it never did"---Correct again. or you cannot believe.
Some Jews and the Muslims to me experience God. It come down to >>inner peace<<. Do they sincerely have inner peace with the God they experience? Only they can answer that.
It's always fascinating to see how a theist tries to apply reason and logic to: "This is why I believe in the imaginary deity I believe in"

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#601610 Oct 16, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, sure, I'll accept that it's an insult.
But it's the fact.
Tell me why it's racism though.
'Trash' is a slang and derogatory term, used to typically describe poor people in trailer parks. To you, someone that's "economically challenged". It's a bigoted statement, you'd probably think that people living in trailers are all poor. That's bigoted.

Adding 'white' to it, "White Trash" points it at a particular race of people, making it racist.

It's just as racist as 'black thieves' that you hammered me on.

Hey, you're a racist too. Nice to meecha. I'm glad you finally came out.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#601611 Oct 16, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
I’m happy I don’t live in the fast lane anymore either. I got in too much trouble. LOL
Like we discussed before I like the snow but I don’t like that cold. I would like it if it didn’t get below 50 degrees. My husband likes the cold better too. He use to freeze me but finally he likes it a little less cold in the house. I would like to get out and walk around in the snow. If it’s silly to be happy over snow then I’m silly too. I love watch it cone down. I usually get a cup of hot tea and sit by a window and watch it.
I went to a park a couple of days ago to eat and feed/watch the ducks. I think they are so colorful. The teal on them is beautiful. Sometimes I just admire Gods handy work. The earth is like His canvas.
When it comes to Nature think some people just take it for granite.
Like watching the wonder of a baby duck coming out of the egg and all wet and drying off small head and eyes and the tiny webbed feet and soft downy. And lol sure does not take them long to know what water is for either. No swimming lessons required. I think they are so cute when they crawl under mother and then sometimes they peek out from under the mothers wing and check us human out.
Yes,God made everything with perfection but some just cannot see that how very sad and what is missed out on in this process. Almost makes one cry from the sorrow of it all. Oh dear the pictures of the mind I need to hush. have a good one. God bless.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#601612 Oct 16, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
it seems that you really should believe all that's in the 'secret and forbidden' books to the exclusion of the authorized ones so run with it all the way, baby boy;)
You are so brainwashed you don't even have a clue what I was saying do you?

Fremont, CA

#601613 Oct 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
'Trash' is a slang and derogatory term, used to typically describe poor people in trailer parks. To you, someone that's "economically challenged". It's a bigoted statement, you'd probably think that people living in trailers are all poor. That's bigoted.
Adding 'white' to it, "White Trash" points it at a particular race of people, making it racist.
It's just as racist as 'black thieves' that you hammered me on.
Hey, you're a racist too. Nice to meecha. I'm glad you finally came out.
Sorry dude.

Calling black people monkeys, as you have done, is racism (it's trashy, too).(BTW,your "black thieves" comment is like Skom's pickles: never happened.)

Calling a white guy white is not racism.

You are white, and you are trashy.

You are white trash.

White trash. Get it?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#601614 Oct 16, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
It's always fascinating to see how a theist tries to apply reason and logic to: "This is why I believe in the imaginary deity I believe in"
It's always fascinating to see how a supposed "atheist" tries to argue and reason against a Deity that said "atheist" claims is imaginary.

Curious that.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#601615 Oct 16, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry dude.
Calling black people monkeys, as you have done, is racism (it's trashy, too).(BTW,your "black thieves" comment is like Skom's pickles: never happened.)
Calling a white guy white is not racism.
You are white, and you are trashy.
You are white trash.
White trash. Get it?
It's racist.

Many trailer parks down these parts. Go in one of them and call the white people there "White Thrash" and see what they do to you.

Fremont, CA

#601616 Oct 16, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>It's racist.
Many trailer parks down these parts. Go in one of them and call the white people there "White Thrash" and see what they do to you.
What's with the trailer park stuff?

I never mentioned trailer parks.(Or thrash, either.)

All I said is that RR is white trash.

And I stand by my remark, by the way.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#601617 Oct 16, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What's with the trailer park stuff?
I never mentioned trailer parks.(Or thrash, either.)
All I said is that RR is white trash.
And I stand by my remark, by the way.
Then you're a Racist.

Congratulations.

Trailer Park or not most white people would take offense at being called "white thrash". It the same as the "n" word against blacks. It denotes a >less than< status. Inferiority to "other" whites or in the "n" word inferiority to whites. A white that
>not measure up<. it's a racist term. How you can defend that I not know. Maybe it due to how you were raised.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min River Tam 49,439
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 12 min ChristineM 445,753
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 18 min anonymous 43
i need a man to get me pregnant no strings atta... (Dec '12) 1 hr Breedu 69
Illegal to hoard or store extra food under USA ... (Jun '08) 1 hr Darkbolt500 22
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Annaleigh 105,683
Maturbating now 1 hr Johny 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr truth 646,943
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr The Hangman 971,805
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 4 hr WasteWater 27
More from around the web