“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#601470 Oct 16, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I do.
I know that your posts are full of misinformation and outright lies.
You're the admitted liar here, dude.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#601471 Oct 16, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
;0)
Thanks for sharin that LW..........
I dropped out. Its a fact of life, I regret it, but I've moved on and I've done the best I could with the education I have.
There is no shame in that. Good for you!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#601472 Oct 16, 2013
<quoted text>
;0)
I dropped out. Its a fact of life, I regret it, but I've moved on and I've done the best I could with the education I have.
Don't worry about it, bro. I dropped out, too. Halfway through 11th grade. I regret it. I got my HSD though, 4 years later when I was applying for the Army.

I also regret not having enough intelligence to create a time machine to go back and change it.

:)

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#601473 Oct 16, 2013
<quoted text>
You defended Boots for his part in it.
You dont think Darwin wants drama? You dont think Ians wants drama.
I do, and I for one will no longer try top be courteous. Its hopeless..........
Ya know Rider...you and I have managed to remain "friends" and "civil" to one another despite a few bumps along the way. I understand about the trying to remain courteous...I think at times it is hopeless...unless that you just want to remain...silent. Hard to at times express your own beliefs without offending others at times.

I see a different side to some of your posts that I have read...do you not think that some "regulars" also love the drama?

You mentioned yesterday that there were those ganging up on LW, Skom and Riverside. First off...I think RR loves the drama...he did after all follow them here...he didn't post on this thread before the "others" became regulars. He posted with them on other thread though...so he knew their opinions.

I think LW likes the challenge...she seems to derive some joy from being able to "fight back". I don't know...just what I see.

As far as them ganging up on Skom...do you really think that he is all "innocent"? Steve has always been involved in most "debates" that take place here...I truly don't see him as a victim. I think he gives as well and sometimes better than what he receives.

Oh well...I am almost through with this thread anyway...I spend most of my time here writing posts and then deleting them...just as I probably should this one.

Later gator...

...and BTW...a man is not judged by his education...but how he uses what he does know...at least in my opinion. The man that had the biggest influence in my life...had little formal education after the 3rd grade...after that...what he knew...he worked hard to learn.

Just wanted you to know that.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#601474 Oct 16, 2013
<quoted text>
You defended Boots for his part in it.
.. you cannot control what people do and Boooots is capable of defending himself. Many people, including myself, tried to dissuade him from calling the police; we knew law enforcement would not intervene ..
<quoted text>
You dont think Darwin wants drama? You dont think Ians wants drama.
.. my crystal ball is somewhat cloudy today ..
<quoted text>I do, and I for one will no longer try top be courteous. Its hopeless..........
.. when someone says, "Humans are worthless," I refuse to remain silent. Even from a Christian perspective, such a statement is vile. If man is made in God's image, this very statement defiles their God. To have my post met with "LOL's & Goofy" slams all humanity ..

.. if you could paint a picture of God, what would it look like? Would He be stern, prideful, stubborn and mean? Or, kind, compassionate and benevolent? If humans are created in God's image, what would your picture reveal ??..

.. if Christians are suppose to be the reflection of a god, MOST paintings would resemble the final chapter of A PORTRAIT OF DORIAN GRAY ..

“Love much, trust none”

There

#601475 Oct 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go lying again.

You realize that you suffer a severe mental illness, right ?

Pseudologia fantastica (AKA Pathological lying):

"Pseudologia fantastica, mythomania, compulsive lying, or pathological lying are four of several terms applied by psychiatrists to the behavior of habitual or compulsive lying.[1][2] It was first described in the medical literature in 1891 by Anton Delbrueck.[2] Although it is a controversial topic,[2] pathological lying has been defined as "falsification entirely disproportionate to any discernible end in view, may be extensive and very complicated, and may manifest over a period of years or even a lifetime".[1] The individual may be aware they are lying, or may believe they are telling the truth, being unaware that they are relating fantasies."

Dike CC, Baranoski M, Griffith EE (2005). "Pathological lying revisited". The Journal of the American Academy of Psychiatry and the Law 33 : 342–9. PMID 16186198.

Dike, Charles C.(June 1, 2008). Pathological Lying: Symptom or Disease? 25

“Love much, trust none”

There

#601476 Oct 16, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya know Rider...you and I have managed to remain "friends" and "civil" to one another despite a few bumps along the way. I understand about the trying to remain courteous...I think at times it is hopeless...unless that you just want to remain...silent. Hard to at times express your own beliefs without offending others at times.
I see a different side to some of your posts that I have read...do you not think that some "regulars" also love the drama?
You mentioned yesterday that there were those ganging up on LW, Skom and Riverside. First off...I think RR loves the drama...he did after all follow them here...he didn't post on this thread before the "others" became regulars. He posted with them on other thread though...so he knew their opinions.
I think LW likes the challenge...she seems to derive some joy from being able to "fight back". I don't know...just what I see.
As far as them ganging up on Skom...do you really think that he is all "innocent"? Steve has always been involved in most "debates" that take place here...I truly don't see him as a victim. I think he gives as well and sometimes better than what he receives.
Oh well...I am almost through with this thread anyway...I spend most of my time here writing posts and then deleting them...just as I probably should this one.
Later gator...
...and BTW...a man is not judged by his education...but how he uses what he does know...at least in my opinion. The man that had the biggest influence in my life...had little formal education after the 3rd grade...after that...what he knew...he worked hard to learn.
Agreed.

I don;t hold anyone's education, or lack there of, as a judge of their character.
I do confront those who pretend that their education is other than what it is and belittle those who have a better, different, more education.

BTW, I consider Bible College to be an 'UN'education.
That makes a big difference in my opinion of them.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#601477 Oct 16, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Later gator...
What "others" are you talking about? The only folks I remember posting to on PTAG and here are IANS, HL & Catcher. I don't remember posting to Skom or LW over there.

And I only started posting here because, believe it or not, this thread is much more civil than PTAG.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#601478 Oct 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

BenAdam wrote:
There you go lying again.
Siiiigh.....

Lamchop: "Ya, it's me, G_O_D. Sorry I lied and tried to pretend I was someone else."

You were saying?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#601479 Oct 16, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
The Secret Gospel of Mark IV – Tying Secret Mark to Canonical Mark.
In the Theodore Letter, Clement tells us where the two fragments of Secret Mark belong in canonical Mark. The first and longer of the two sections goes between Mark 10:34 and 0:35. And because of the parallels with John’s story of Lazarus, this is not surprising, since this is the same point in John’s narrative where the Lazarus story appears, and this story seems to be an earlier version of Lazarus’ story.
The second scrap of Secret Mark goes between the first and second sentences in Mark 10:46, making the verse read:
"And he comes into Jericho. And the sister of the young man Jesus loved was there with his mother and Salome, but Jesus received them not. And as he was leaving Jericho with his disciples and a sizable crowd, Bartimaeus, a blind man, the son of Timaeus, sat by the roadside begging."
Morton Smith argued that there probably was more to the Jericho narrative in Secret Mark than what Clement lets on in the Theodore Letter. According to Smith, the last clause in the new sentence,“but Jesus received them not,” was a phrase canonical Mark never uses but Clement often did -- that is, Clement deleted material from the pericope before relaying it to Theodore.
It is important to note that Mark 10:46 in the canon represents a well-known lacuna -- or gap -- in canonical Mark, and it is likely the Carpocratian version of Mark contained even more material that filled that gap with details of what Jesus did in Jericho.
My guess? It contained some of the material that later found its way into John in modified form as the very late addition known as the Pericope Adulterae.
for anyone who wants to know:

regarding these so-called other/'secret gospels'; the key word to note and be leary of is "secret"

Jesus said "...and in secret I have said nothing" jn 18:21

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#601480 Oct 16, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you cannot control what people do and Boooots is capable of defending himself. Many people, including myself, tried to dissuade him from calling the police; we knew law enforcement would not intervene ..
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
.. when someone says, "Humans are worthless," I refuse to remain silent. Even from a Christian perspective, such a statement is vile. If man is made in God's image, this very statement defiles their God. To have my post met with "LOL's & Goofy" slams all humanity ..
.. if you could paint a picture of God, what would it look like? Would He be stern, prideful, stubborn and mean? Or, kind, compassionate and benevolent? If humans are created in God's image, what would your picture reveal ??..
.. if Christians are suppose to be the reflection of a god, MOST paintings would resemble the final chapter of A PORTRAIT OF DORIAN GRAY ..
Are Christians "supposed to be" a reflection of God? How's that work and why do you think that?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#601481 Oct 16, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>You already have no balls for the rest of the day.
hey pal, i'm not the one going with the politically correct flow and kissing antichrist a$$ like you are;)

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#601482 Oct 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So says Mr. White Trash.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#601483 Oct 16, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Who is this Darwin poster (?) you are talking about, and what is the drama?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#601484 Oct 16, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. do NOT implicate me in this drama. A CHRISTIAN who lives in Russell Springs, KY e-mailed YD's employer about spending the day on their computer instead of working. This individual felt her employer should know ..
.. Booots called Social Services and the police because he was concerned about her mother. Every Christian defends YD for her campaign against gay marriage and homosexuality. She's now posting as Walter-Walter, her 5th alias:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/russell-sprin...
.. one of her relatives has communicated with me and they're trying to have her committed ..
.. most Christians want drama, not peace. The morals, common sense and belligerence of MOST Christians on Topix is pathetic and I, for one, will no longer try to be to courteous. It's hopeless ..
you may have political correctness on your side right now, but statements like yours; "most Christians want drama, not peace" are still bigoted any way you slice them.

and to think that current fascists are confused why previous fascists were bigoted against their particular brand of facsim when they had the power/clout!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#601485 Oct 16, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:

So says Mr. White Trash.
And there's that racism coming out of you again.

You're such a hypocrite, Catch.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#601486 Oct 16, 2013
<quoted text>
;0)
Makes not a pound of difference to me Rider. Important thing is you moved forward in life along that walk found in life what you wanted for yourself.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#601487 Oct 16, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
if you could paint a picture of God, what would it look like? Would He be stern, prideful, stubborn and mean? Or, kind, compassionate and benevolent?
Fortunately, you have your choice.

For the angry, finger waving Christian, there's Jehovah, the god that built hell and Satan, that hardens hearts and then sends plagues because of it, and who sends she bears to tear up insolent children. That's the god of the Pat Robertsons and Jerry Falwells, the god that sends airplanes into Trade Towers and hurricanes into cities because of his rage over gays and abortion.

But for the kinder, gentler Christian, there's Jesus, the Good Shepherd. He's the god of the people that you never hear about.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#601488 Oct 16, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. do NOT implicate me in this drama. A CHRISTIAN who lives in Russell Springs, KY e-mailed YD's employer about spending the day on their computer instead of working. This individual felt her employer should know ..
.. Booots called Social Services and the police because he was concerned about her mother. Every Christian defends YD for her campaign against gay marriage and homosexuality. She's now posting as Walter-Walter, her 5th alias:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/russell-sprin...
.. one of her relatives has communicated with me and they're trying to have her committed ..
.. most Christians want drama, not peace. The morals, common sense and belligerence of MOST Christians on Topix is pathetic and I, for one, will no longer try to be to courteous. It's hopeless ..
and BTW - kait the lesbo witch ALWAYS harrasses me for posting during the day.

would it be fair for me to say like you "most lesbo witches want drama, not peace"?:-)

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#601489 Oct 16, 2013
Depends deep down if you believe another existence exist beyond this earthly life. If you do--darn skippy it's a good use of your time
[QUOTE who="It aint necessarily so"]<quoted text>
Do you consider that a good use of my time?
<quoted text>
No. I gave your deity preferential treatment.
Let me ask you this: suppose that I agreed with you that this world of ours might have been designed and created. How would one go about deciding by whom? How did you settle on Jehovah-Jesus? There are so many candidates to consider.
History and the process of elimination. First I must conclude God exist. There was no peace for me with Buddhism because that religion claim of "No God" not make any sense to me once that claim is investigated.

Judaism, Christianity and Islam---all agreed Yeshua existed. Secular History claims Yeshua existed. So that History.

The only question is can Yeshua be personally known to the believer as the bible and Yeshua claimed.

That is what make the Deity of Christianity >>unique<< from all other philosophies and religion. The notion that GOD can be known and experienced by the human being.

If the human being can sincerely answer YES, based on their life experiences--that Almighty God can be experienced by believing on Yeshua---then that human being will be pretty much insulated from any criticisms of their faith from others. And will die in their faith based on their life experience with Yeshua.

That all really.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Pokay 775,147
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 5 min MUQ2 37,815
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min onemale 265,132
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min USA Born 559,446
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 15 min NEWS-FLASH 175,621
The Global Elites Are Moving Things Underground 42 min WasteWater 14
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr WasteWater 39,343
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 15 hr Barnsweb 441,764
More from around the web