|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Well if you cannot understand me then just ignore me as is no problem for me. I'll just paint you this video picture so you can understand me. Pictures they say are worth a thousand word. For your information I quit used to being disliked comfortable as hell with the idea.
you right,
I don't encourage you to do like me,
But I only spew at this abominable cyber idiot called IANS
his cup af coffe,his private drink, he can drink if he want to even arsenic liquid, or rat poison f.....him
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that most Christians don't think that the behavior of fellow Christians shouldn't tarnish their religion. The fact is that it does.
Just like the relatively few Nazis running the death camps tarnished the entire Nazi party as a genocidal murderers.
not nazis from germany,only mostly polacks and ukrainian nationalists run death camps,
you poor blind idiot?

you are like usual POS and idiot

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
Mankind is such a useless piece of crap in your world view. It's really a rather dark world view.
lil whispers wrote:
Your welcome. Your right I do not look at this world thru rose covered glasses.
Unfortunately, you seem to have been fitted with a pair of brown stained lenses. I think it's a shame that that has been done to you. The world is actually rosier than you know.

Sure, man is capable of being both devil and angel. You only seem to know about the one part. It's unfortunate that you can't celebrate being a human being or take pride in our achievements like I do.

The Christian church teaches you to see man as hopelessly lost and pathetic to keep you feeling dependent the god it tells you about and to conform to the disposition that makes you most tractable. After all, if man doesn't need salvation from himself - salvation that can only come from the Christian god - he doesn't need to submit to the church's teaching. And so, you are trained to see mankind as depraved and dangerous - what I call Christian misanthropy.

Consider these interesting words from a man named George H. Smith:

"In exchange for obedience, Christianity promises salvation in an afterlife; but in order to elicit obedience through this promise,
Christianity must convince men that they need salvation, that there is something to be saved from ... In the eyes of Christianity, man is sinful and helpless in the face of God, and is potential fuel for the flames of hell.

It's not the only thing that the church poisons for you. You are taught to see pleasure as bad - what I have called Christian anhedonia and Christian guilt - and to see reason as foolishness - what I call Christian anti-intellectualism, a major piece of which is the distrust and disrespect for science - Christian anti-scientism. Also from Smith:

"Just as Christianity must destroy reason before it can introduce faith, so it must destroy happiness before it can introduce salvation ... The pursuit of pleasure, when accompanied by guilt, becomes a means of perpetuating chronic guilt, and this serves to reinforce one's dependence on God. Through inculcating the notion that sacrifice is a virtue, Christianity has succeeded in convincing many people that misery incurred through sacrifice is a mark of virtue. Pain becomes the insignia of morality - and conversely, pleasure becomes the insignia of immorality."

There's more.

To protect you from taking messages like this seriously, you are also taught that people like me are bad. We are the enemies of so-called virtues like faith, obedience, and piety. We are described as prideful, rebellious, depraved pleasure seekers that are too selfish to submit.

Can you see why from an unbeliever's perspective, all of this looks pretty unhealthy? To so many of you, secular knowledge is foolishness, pleasure is immoral, man is corrupt, free thinking is rebellion, etc.

What humanism promotes is the opposite. We want our neighbors to be self-actualized, free agents thinking for themselves, not submitting to authoritarian ideologies of despair. We want you to feel capable, valuable and noble, not dependent, sinful, corrupt, and powerless.

It's better for you and better for the rest of us for you to be wiser consumers in the marketplace of ideas. If you are easily misled by demagogues thumping bibles, whether in public office or from the pulpit, you suffer. And if too many of you can be manipulated by them, the rest of us suffer with you.

I hope you got the point this time.
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't shit about Pacal...so quit mak'n believe ya do....stupid.
i pee on you and if you believe me or not,
keep watch your own soup made from cow urines and rabbit s..balls,and eat this liquid alone,for sure not with me
read about Votan,and Mayan indians then maybe your delusions and deceives makes clear picture to lill whispers who is Pacal,you little atheistic"smart" Egipt dust left on the camel dung during Sahara journey.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
To what data are you referring?
Exactly my point.

I've asked, to lead everyone into a possible direction, of so-called "Christians" to supply the exact and specific statement by "God" that states which biblical orientated texts are of "His inspiration" and which are not.

That way, we have a lead to go on, that could lead to what you can imagine with "God" existing.

But even here - people refuse to answer.

I wonder why?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

dogs of war wrote:
<quoted text>
before I go on my way,
I have to few times fart at such godless scums like you,
dogs of war are in action,dr Shrink supervise this crowd of wild dogs?
bite all scumbags like you and atheists,+gays=bundle them in one 50 lbs potatoe sack and blow them on the moon
*as shrink turns to fart, I light my lighter and watch the flame ignite the fart and blows up shrink's butt*

KA-BOOM!!!

Hopefully - that will be the last we see of him.

:o)
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, you seem to have been fitted with a pair of brown stained lenses. I think it's a shame that that has been done to you. The world is actually rosier than you know.
Sure, man is capable of being both devil and angel. You only seem to know about the one part. It's unfortunate that you can't celebrate being a human being or take pride in our achievements like I do.
The Christian church teaches you to see man as hopelessly lost and pathetic to keep you feeling dependent the god it tells you about and to conform to the disposition that makes you most tractable. After all, if man doesn't need salvation from himself - salvation that can only come from the Christian god - he doesn't need to submit to the church's teaching. And so, you are trained to see mankind as depraved and dangerous - what I call Christian misanthropy.
"In exchange for obedience, Christianity promises salvation in an afterlife; but in order to elicit obedience through this promise,
Christianity must convince men that they need salvation, that there is something to be saved from ... In the eyes of Christianity, man is sinful and helpless in the face of God, and is potential fuel for the flames of hell.
It's not the only thing that the church poisons for you. You are taught to see pleasure as bad - what I have called Christian anhedonia and Christian guilt - and to see reason as foolishness - what I call Christian anti-intellectualism, a major piece of which is the distrust and disrespect for science - Christian anti-scientism. Also from Smith:
"Just as Christianity must destroy reason before it can introduce faith, so it must destroy happiness before it can introduce salvation ... The pursuit of pleasure, when accompanied by guilt, becomes a means of perpetuating chronic guilt, and this serves to reinforce one's dependence on God. Through inculcating the notion that sacrifice is a virtue, Christianity has succeeded in convincing many people that misery incurred through sacrifice is a mark of virtue. Pain becomes the insignia of morality - and conversely, pleasure becomes the insignia of immorality."
There's more.
To protect you from taking messages like this seriously, you are also taught that people like me are bad. We are the enemies of so-called virtues like faith, obedience, and piety. We are described as prideful, rebellious, depraved pleasure seekers that are too selfish to submit.
Can you see why from an unbeliever's perspective, all of this looks pretty unhealthy? To so many of you, secular knowledge is foolishness, pleasure is immoral, man is corrupt, free thinking is rebellion, etc.
What humanism promotes is the opposite. We want our neighbors to be self-actualized, free agents thinking for themselves, not submitting to authoritarian ideologies of despair. We want you to feel capable, valuable and noble, not dependent, sinful, corrupt, and powerless.
It's better for you and better for the rest of us for you to be wiser consumers in the marketplace of ideas. If you are easily misled by demagogues thumping bibles, whether in public office or from the pulpit, you suffer. And if too many of you can be manipulated by them, the rest of us suffer with you.
3 HUGE SPOONS OF FARTS ARE THROWN TO YOUR own cup of tee

sorry, this is only farts worthy your BS posts

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

You didn't see the point of that?
<quoted text>
I see what you mean. That wasn't even close to the point.
You're a sweetheart and a hoot, Whispers, but you don't have the best luck with words and ideas, do you? That's fine. I like you just the way you are.
lil whispers wrote:
if you cannot understand me then just ignore me as is no problem for me.
No, Whispers, it's you that doesn't understand me. You haven't understood a word I've posted to you.
lil whispers wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I'll just paint you this video picture so you can understand me. Pictures they say are worth a thousand word.
Actually, you could use a 1001st word: Those are mammatus clouds, Whispers. From wiki:

"Mammatus, also known as mammatocumulus (meaning "mammary cloud" or "breast cloud"), is a meteorological term applied to a cellular pattern of pouches hanging underneath the base of a cloud. The name mammatus is derived from the Latin mamma (meaning "udder" or "breast")... Mammatus are most often associated with the anvil cloud and also severe thunderstorms

Here are some more images of them. They are as beautiful as the fleshy mounds for which they are named: http://snipurl.com/27zuf1x

I realize that you consider me to be the rose bespectacled dreamer and yourself to be the realist with true vision, but I think you miss so much when you see these things only in terms of an angry god and his foolish creation.
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
*as shrink turns to fart, I light my lighter and watch the flame ignite the fart and blows up shrink's butt*
KA-BOOM!!!
Hopefully - that will be the last we see of him.
:o)
not only fart,but fluid yellow diahraheea when you respond to your own dr Shrink,
watery farts splashed at your stupid atheistc head doesn't flame,only make itch your Zombie ugly face,

you poor uneducated idiot
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Exactly my point.

I wonder why?
I doesn't have any point you miserable window spot after insects s...on those windows

you are troll and scum to answer you anything(just to stupid,to simple,to primitive, and to sick on the top)
now you know why people refuse to answer to you
he heeeeeeeeeeee,take middle finger and punch few times your halloween Pumpkin head?

“Paul is a confessed liar”

Since: Jul 11

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Exactly my point.
I've asked, to lead everyone into a possible direction, of so-called "Christians" to supply the exact and specific statement by "God" that states which biblical orientated texts are of "His inspiration" and which are not.
That way, we have a lead to go on, that could lead to what you can imagine with "God" existing.
I wonder why?
While they profess to be all knowing, the simple facts is most Christians are completely ignorant of their own religion.
What is heinous is how they will attack anyone providing the truth about their religion.

As for your question regarding the Bible, the Bible is simply a collection of books that were approved by Emperor Constantine as the sole source materials for all Christians in the Empire.

It was not written by God nor "divinely inspired" than the hundreds of texts omitted from it.
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Exactly my point.

I wonder why?
2 Tim 3;16
is full answer?
people don't refuse answer your question,
only you are to stupid to understand this simple answer,not given to you to understand at all according to 2 Peter 1;20

poor idiot

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
<quoted text>
There's more.
From the looks of this post you are the one with the problem not me. You assume way too much with people you really do not know.
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
<quoted text>
No, Whispers, it's you that doesn't understand me. You haven't understood a word I've posted to you.
<quoted text>
Actually, you could use a 1001st word: Those are mammatus clouds, Whispers. From wiki:
"Mammatus, also known as mammatocumulus (meaning "mammary cloud" or "breast cloud"), is a meteorological term applied to a cellular pattern of pouches hanging underneath the base of a cloud. The name mammatus is derived from the Latin mamma (meaning "udder" or "breast")... Mammatus are most often associated with the anvil cloud and also severe thunderstorms
Here are some more images of them. They are as beautiful as the fleshy mounds for which they are named: http://snipurl.com/27zuf1x
I realize that you consider me to be the rose bespectacled dreamer and yourself to be the realist with true vision, but I think you miss so much when you see these things only in terms of an angry god and his foolish creation.
farts at your mamblings
nobody miss anything if they don't have desire to listen your stupid bablings,
your vision is to eat dog bones for 15 dollars per 2,
and babling and bark like Chickuaahaa dog from mexican bushes
he heeeeeeeeeee half head dr Crack

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

By that reckoning, you're here because you have an interest in rational skepticism and living free of a god belief, otherwise you'd be elsewhere, like church. I have interests that this thread satisfies, but they're not what you think. My recent post on Christians sans Christ and naturalistic Christians is more the kind of thing that I am interested in than your god.
lil whispers wrote:
Makes no difference to me it your tea bag.
You missed the point again, didn't you Whispers? Like I said, you seem to have bad luck with ideas. No problem.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You seen more in those clouds then I did in that video. All I seen was a storm coming thru and my point was all you have to do is look. But if you think otherwise fine by me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You missed the point again, didn't you Whispers? Like I said, you seem to have bad luck with ideas. No problem.
What the matter with you anyhow. I am way to small to carry your tea bags. So big deal you think I missed your point your not the first with a point or the last with a point I will probably miss.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

BenAdam wrote:
I know that most Christians don't think that the behavior of fellow Christians shouldn't tarnish their religion. The fact is that it does.
What else is there to judge Christianity or anything else by apa rt from its fruits - the weighted sum of its successes and failures?

It's interesting that the successes and victories that Christianity claims for itself are so difficult to see. We just have to take somebody's word for it that the church is doing a substantial amount of charitable work and making substantial numbers of people good people.

But when you look and see what is plainly visible, you see a cold, heartless conservative Christian contingency fighting with the extremely wealthy against people getting government assistance at any level. We are told that all of the good stuff is happening quietly and out of view by good people that don't get recognition,and we are expected to just accept that as common wisdom.

Were you around for the discussions Riverside Redneck and I had on Christian charity? I'm not sure if it was here or Prove There's A God. He claimed that there was a significant amount of Christian charity out there, and I challenged him to find me audits on the Internet of churches contributing substantial portions of their collections to the needy. I assumed that any audit that was voluntarily performed by a church and posted on the Internet would be from a church giving more than 70% of its receipts to the needy. He couldn't find even one claiming to give more than eight percent away to the needy.

So by what then shall we judge the church? It's visible fruits, or its claims for itself?

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

lil whispers wrote:
You seen more in those clouds then I did in that video. All I seen was a storm coming thru and my point was all you have to do is look. But if you think otherwise fine by me.
Yes, I did see more than you did. That's part of what knowledge is worth. It made my experience richer. There is more beauty in the world than is apparent to the eye.

Have you ever taken an art appreciation course, Whispers? The before and after experience of going to an art museum are incomparable. Likewise with knowledge about a book or movie, and the way it enriches the experience. Knowledge is more than just power. It is joy.

This is not to demean you for being relatively naive in the sciences and humanities, but to rebut your implied thesis that secular knowledge is vanity and foolishness as your church and so many of the scriptures that you have shared with us would have us believe.

“Paul is a confessed liar”

Since: Jul 11

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
What else is there to judge Christianity or anything else by apa rt from its fruits - the weighted sum of its successes and failures?
It's interesting that the successes and victories that Christianity claims for itself are so difficult to see. We just have to take somebody's word for it that the church is doing a substantial amount of charitable work and making substantial numbers of people good people.
But when you look and see what is plainly visible, you see a cold, heartless conservative Christian contingency fighting with the extremely wealthy against people getting government assistance at any level. We are told that all of the good stuff is happening quietly and out of view by good people that don't get recognition,and we are expected to just accept that as common wisdom.
Were you around for the discussions Riverside Redneck and I had on Christian charity? I'm not sure if it was here or Prove There's A God. He claimed that there was a significant amount of Christian charity out there, and I challenged him to find me audits on the Internet of churches contributing substantial portions of their collections to the needy. I assumed that any audit that was voluntarily performed by a church and posted on the Internet would be from a church giving more than 70% of its receipts to the needy. He couldn't find even one claiming to give more than eight percent away to the needy.
So by what then shall we judge the church? It's visible fruits, or its claims for itself?
We can only judge a tree by the fruit it brings forth.

Christianity seems to be a gnarled ugly tree whose wood stinks so bad it isn't even good for firewood.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 575,221 - 575,240 of596,471
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

667 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Anthony MN 511,836
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min pusherman_ 679,587
Word association game (Aug '08) 6 min Redwolf101 53,261
prove that homosexuality is wrong. (Dec '07) 8 min Adam 25,682
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 13 min RFD 378
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 19 min Buck Crick 216,500
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 20 min Adam 89,428
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 26 min Pegasus 250,312
•••
•••
•••