Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#58630 Mar 20, 2009
Ham wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning TG..
Good to see you... I think we and perhaps others are a little more sensitive or perceptive in this regard.. It is more of a feeling, I suppose..
Well, I am a bit early this morning.. I just had a dream that I would like to jot time before it escapes me..
I dreamt I was sleeping on the couch in the sun room with Boo cuddled in my arms.. I heard a noise that awakened me (in the dream) so I looked up and there was Lynn standing there in her tortoise mighty looking past me and out the window..probably at some birdies in our back yard.. Then she spotted me and Boo.. There was a surprised expression on her face followed by one of her expressive smiles. She waved her hand slightly..then she as gone.. This was just a few minutes ago..It is still dark outside.. I remember being glad to see her..But, then I woke up only to realize it was just a dream... A wave of sadness spread over me but was soon replaced with a warm, loving feeling.. I didn't have time to say "Hi." or "Good morning." I did smile thou..
Boo, bless his little heart slept thru the whole thing.. He is wondering why I am typing and not going out to the kitchen to feed him.. He is very patient thou.. He knows I won't forget him..
So this is the way my day has begun.. It does compensate thou for another night of not having Mile H even say Hi to me.. Isn't it funny how our Good Shepherd takes us under his wing and loves and protects us.. Now, I will be in a warm mood all day, hopefully..
I think I will proof read this hastily typed post and try to return to slumber land.
Ham
Hi Ham,

I 'got 'er done'.

Am I Mile H? If so, I replied to at least one post of yours last night.

But, what really bothered me was when I replied three days ago to a post you wrote about names of God and Jesus versus titles (trivia).

You haven't responded yet when I asked several questions.

I thought you were ignoring me.

Location hidden

#58631 Mar 20, 2009
Texas Granny wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe it came from my asking him about why she wasn't here anymore and if I was the one who hurt her feelings with my warped sense of humor. Because hurting her feelings was the last thing I would want to do to her because I love her and her posts. I think there was a misunderstanding between her and MikeB...and I hate that because they are both great for the room. JT doesn't stir up nearly as much trouble as much as those who try to put meaning into his words that wasn't there....
Hello TG.

I caused the problem.

Am I MikeB? Mike Huffman and I both have initials MikeH therefore I had to ask if I am MikeB.

Okay with me - I'll be MikeB.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#58632 Mar 20, 2009
Texas Granny wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Epi.......if you answer, get ready to duck the icons. LOL
Thanks TG....I Love both you and Truths. We ALL are "Sisters and Brothers" in Christ...and sometimes siblings have misunderstandings....Please don't leave...Stay!!

Gods Love

Location hidden

#58633 Mar 20, 2009
EDUCATOR wrote:
<quoted text>Question: Would "always saying something "nice" Mean we can't tell anyone there is a hell??
I agree. This earth is far from perfect (but will be when our precious Lord Jesus comes for us), so, why do we have to have such perfection required of us?

Like those darn teeth whiteners - 5 years ago it wasn't important. Why do we have to have always new stuff? Does the old not work anymore? Brush your teeth.

And what's with all these guys shaving their heads and kids in pants around their knees?

That's about all the problems of the current society for me. Other than the complete lack of morality, the removal of bibles and the Lord's prayer in schools ...... I'll stop now.

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#58634 Mar 20, 2009
Lots of stuff bout Judas

Raymond E. Brown gave the contradictory accounts of the death of Judas as an example of an obvious contradiction in the Bible texts: "Luke's account of the death of Judas in Acts 1:18 is scarcely reconcilable with Matt 27:3-10." This problem was one of the points that caused C. S. Lewis, for example, to reject the view "that every statement in Scripture must be historical truth". Various attempts at harmonization have been tried since ancient times,...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judas_Iscariot

Location hidden

#58635 Mar 20, 2009
whos up for a bailout wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello TG.
I caused the problem.
Am I MikeB? Mike Huffman and I both have initials MikeH therefore I had to ask if I am MikeB.
Okay with me - I'll be MikeB.
I call you Mike B (short for bailout) hoping to avoid confusion with Mike Huffman.

Mike, have I told you just how much I admire you? Or how glad I am that you stayed and continue to post? You are God's treasure....don't forget that. And today you and Artgirl bring happy tears to my eyes.

Location hidden

#58636 Mar 20, 2009
EDUCATOR wrote:
We ought to obey GOd rather than man.
The most important information I have ever learned from Dr Stanley is "Make your decisions based on God's will and Word - leave all the consequences to Him".

Location hidden

#58637 Mar 20, 2009
RiverSpirit wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is. They even sent me a thank you card for hiring on with them. Never had that happen before.
Hallelujah, Riverspirit. Must have made you feel special!

I try to do special things for people (and animals) all the time.

Location hidden

#58638 Mar 20, 2009
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks TG....I Love both you and Truths. We ALL are "Sisters and Brothers" in Christ...and sometimes siblings have misunderstandings....Please don't leave...Stay!!
Gods Love
I know you love everyone...which is why I love you. You are a true reflection of God's love.

Right now I am bawling my eyes out because I am so happy about Mike and Artgirl.....I knew God would do this even though it had to get rowdy for a time. We have to go through the river called tribulation to get to the promised land.

Location hidden

#58639 Mar 20, 2009
Epiphany2 wrote:
Good "First day of Spring" Mornin to ya....
Todays "Daily Christian Wisdom"
Hear me, all of you, and understand: there is nothing outside a man which by going into him can defile him; but the things which come out of a man are what defile him.
-Mark 7:14-15
BeliefNet
Hi Epiphany. Glad you got home safely.

I'll bet everyone was glad to see you. How're your dogs? Dogs are funny critters aren't they? They are created as to not be able to withhold any emotion toward those they love. Amazing. I'll bet they were thrilled when you walked in and I'll also bet after a little sniffing and getting rubbed, they lay down with satisfied smiles on their faces knowing all was well with their world again.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#58640 Mar 20, 2009
hick-up wrote:
KJV
But Jesus said unto him, Judas, betrayest thou the Son of man with a kiss?
Luke 22:47-49
NIV
but Jesus asked him, "Judas, are you betraying the Son of Man with a kiss?"
Amplified
But Jesus said to him, Judas! Would you betray and deliver up the Son of Man with a kiss?
NLT
But Jesus said,“Judas, would you betray the Son of Man with a kiss?”
betray ...my bad
Ken (Hick up) I won't be as eloquent as OYE... I lost the post that asked what I thought about the betrayal of Judas....Since Judas was a thief, it didn't take much to turn himself over to Satans power...John 13:27 "As soon as Judas had taken the bread, Satan entered him"....
So I think it was meant to happen. Can you imagine being the most hated man in all history?But that was his lot in life...It was written many years before in the scriptures (Life and Death of Jesus)

Gods Love to you....

:-)

Location hidden

#58641 Mar 20, 2009
Lifelover wrote:
Good Morning....I Love everyone here. But no joking aloud.Lets get down to Business....I am ****Straight**** to the point!!I certainly dont want to loose my place in line for Heaven![Whats Up! I love you.Sorry about trying to be funny....I am not. I am Blah only.
We know you're straight Lifelover. I'm sorry about the comment I made last night about Elton. I grew up on "Goodbye Yellow brick road".

I watched a documentary many years ago about him. What a spoiled, rotten brat! I mean, a tempermental baby, to say the least.

Did you realize he was a very promising classical singer? I watched him during a private concert once and when he was finished, some members of the audience were allowed to ask questions. A lady who knew his potential from many years before asked "Why did you give up real music?".

“Jesus is the ONLY way”

Location hidden

#58642 Mar 20, 2009
Texas Granny wrote:
<quoted text>See why I love you, Artgirl? You are precious in God's eyes and needed in this room. Bless both you and Michael....you are both God's prizes and a blessing to me.
I love you too, Granny...God Bless

Location hidden

#58643 Mar 20, 2009
Mike Huffman wrote:
<quoted text>One of my favorites when I get down, Ephesians5:19'Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;'
Hallelujah brother Mike.
Ham

Genoa City, WI

#58644 Mar 20, 2009
<quoted text>
Hi Ham,
I 'got 'er done'.
Am I Mile H? If so, I replied to at least one post of yours last night.
But, what really bothered me was when I replied three days ago to a post you wrote about names of God and Jesus versus titles (trivia).
You haven't responded yet when I asked several questions.
I thought you were ignoring me.
Hi Mike B..

Sorry for the delay..Just got back from visiting my daughter..

Sorry if I goofed up.. It is so easy to do on Topix, I have discovered.. I can assure you I am not ignoring anyone.. I try my best to answer every post directed toward me.. Sometimes I goof..

I suspect this happens with everyone..

I will try to do better..

God is an awesome God..

Ham

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#58645 Mar 20, 2009
<quoted text>
Hi Epiphany. Glad you got home safely.
I'll bet everyone was glad to see you. How're your dogs? Dogs are funny critters aren't they? They are created as to not be able to withhold any emotion toward those they love. Amazing. I'll bet they were thrilled when you walked in and I'll also bet after a little sniffing and getting rubbed, they lay down with satisfied smiles on their faces knowing all was well with their world again.
Hi Michael....Thats exactly what happened....
I DID miss them....Whats the weather like in "The Rubber capital of the world"? LOL

God Bless you Mike!!

Location hidden

#58646 Mar 20, 2009
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
It is ok to be gay. Gay means to be happy. It is only in the last few years that the meaning of this word has changed. Watch an old movie or tv program and this word is used in a different context. God bless.
You're right Chris. Most homosexuals refer to themselves as gay nowadays, though.

Personally, I think most gay men are just unable to hold a decent relationship with a woman. I've never given a second thought to the notion I might be gay. I think most gays and lesbians find easy sex and committmentless relationships - which is what they were looking for.

Oh, and to save my scrawny butt - JUST MY OPINION.

Location hidden

#58647 Mar 20, 2009
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
(((OYE)))
RE:There has always been some bullying, some
cliques, some vying for position, some
jealousy, some jabs, and whatever else
on this thread, as there is in most
groups anywhere - both obvious and
subtle. We are not in paradise,
at least not yet.
~~~~~~~~~~
TG sees this too. I do not see us doing these things. How can there be a "top dog" ? God IS the top DOG and all here strive to share His word and His ways through the postings.
Each person here has GIFTS from God which they share and develop here to use in other parts of our lives. God gives each person an extra something in order to compliment the "extra something" gifts of each other....
A problem comes when satan injects a flesh serving desire into Gods mission for us all.
Love, deb~
If satan can get fed at the last supper, he is capable of getting here. "Guard your heart and mind ..."

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#58648 Mar 20, 2009
Open Your Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a lady in our church in Dallas who was a master hug-giver. We all knew who to go to if we needed a good hug. She had to have a special gift from God. She died several years ago and left such a big gap to so many of us. I think sometimes we don't appreciate those kinds of people till they are gone.
She wasn't an eloquent speaker and didn't have many visible talents, but she loved us and we knew it. That mattered more than a million gifts or talents to me. I miss Ms. Thelma so much.
That's who I want to be....Ms Thelma!!

Come here and give me a HUG.....

:-)

Gods Love
Ham

Genoa City, WI

#58649 Mar 20, 2009
Mike Huffman wrote:
<quoted text>Once in awhile, I will hug a brother in Christ, I will say this though, if it is with another man, I'd rather it be in church as I would Wal Mart, and definetly facing me, not a sneek hug with my back to them. Growing up, our daddy wasn't a real affectionate man, he's hugged me the last ten years then he ever did the first forty, course I've only seen daddy cry twice, when his daddy died back in '76, and when mother died this past summer, in a way I'm kind of like that.
Hi Mike H..

Thanks for your post..

Hugging is a touchy (sorry for the pun) subject, especially for men.. I remember the days when I would be embarrassed.. Now, my life is so different.. Do you know I hug both my sons and they hug back.. I should have been as open when they were younger. But alas I was not..

I always felt hugging was associated with sexuality.. It took me years to discover it wasn't.. I know at Lynn's funeral so many people hugged me..some I hardly knew.. They provided tremendous comfort for me..One hug is worth a whole bunch of words...Sometimes words are more difficult than a hug..

Anyway, I am glad I am free.. I would like to hug Jesus.. Save me from being lost for words.. He would know that I loved Him..

Ham

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
T-Mobile DESTROYS competitors with 'Data Stash'... 3 min Doctor REALITY 1
Gay iMessage pic sharing (Feb '13) 5 min Pittboy 6
Moses never existed 6 min onemale 727
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Michael 559,000
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 min RiccardoFire 96,729
Realtor Warnings 6 min Outraged 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min River Tam 773,872
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 15 min Chris Clearwater 175,546
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 37 min MUQ1 265,012
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr HipGnosis 441,755
More from around the web