|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I actual didn't know that. I know that's how days were counted but what is the connected to how they enforced law?...
It is based on this:

"When a man steals an ox or a sheep and butchers it or sells it, he must repay five cattle for the ox or four sheep for the sheep. If a thief is caught in the act of breaking in, and he is beaten to death, no one is guilty of bloodshed. But if this happens after sunrise, there is guilt of bloodshed. A thief must make full restitution. If he is unable, he is to be sold because of his theft. If what was stolen—whether ox, donkey, or sheep—is actually found alive in his possession, he must repay double." - Exodus 22:1-4

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You can not compare what cops are allowed to do with what citizens are allowed to do...
Sure you can. It defines reasonable suspicion.

In fact, police are held to a much higher standard than the average citizen.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:

Thanks for all of the kind words. I have been very lucky in life, and I feel or express gratitude for that frequently.
You might ask to whom. I would answer that it is to nobody. Does that seem impossible to you?
As for crediting a god, it would be irrational and tendentious for me to arbitrarily attribute the good things that have come to my life long after abandoning faith and the church - and which have persisted the entire time I have lived outside of its purview - to much earlier pious behavior.
You said that you thought that America has been punished over the last half century for decisions such as removing (state led) prayer from school. If we accept that kind of thinking, then we must conclude that your god intended for me to be an unbeliever, and has rewarded me for removing religion and worship from my life.
You're welcome. We all want different things out of life, some want a high rise condo in a big city, some want a ranch out in nowhereland, some want a beach scene and some want a mud hut :)(joking, joking).

I might ask to whom... What? What am I asking?

I don't mean that you *should* credit God, I'm just saying it's something you should think about. What you have done in your life is a credit to you, absolutely. But it's likely that God has steered this or that to help you along. You have prayed to Him, IANS. You have asked Him for help. I don't know if you can take that back, short of praying again and asking God to stay away from you and stay out of your life.

I don't think God intended for you to be an unbeliever. That doesn't even make sense. I think God has a plan for you, and you don't know what it is yet.

There's always that maybe, IANS. Always.

Maybe God has a plan for you.

Maybe gods doen't exist and it's all nonsense.

What do you think?

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Here it comes.
I'm tired of these conversations. I'm tired of this kind of maneuvering. You seem to be looking for a fight.....
Rider seems to think he is the Great Protector of the Church.

He isn't a Christian, he s a christurd.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Better then being a deadbeat dad.
mideastNews

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

*Prophetic word given to NETANYAHU & Knesset

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

mideastNews wrote:
*Prophetic word given to NETANYAHU & Knesset
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg601/sca...

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Better than not then.

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> What was provided is the exact same thing provided in the Tennessee Laws and Statutes Annotated Codes, and the Tennessee Jury Pattern instructions.
How about I provide the Tennessee Jury Pattern instructions? It encompasses the same thing I've said all along.
Quoting:
Included in the defendant's plea of not guilty is [his][her] plea of necessity as a defense.
It is a defense to the offense [charged][included] that:1
(1) the defendant reasonably believed the conduct was immediately
necessary to avoid imminent harm; and
(2) the desirability and urgency of avoiding the harm clearly outweighed, according to ordinary standards of reasonableness, the harm sought to be prevented by the law proscribing the conduct.
2. "Imminent" means near at hand; on the point of happening. "Ordinary standards of reasonableness" means the care an ordinary, reasonable, prudent person would have taken under same or similar circumstances.
If evidence is introduced supporting the defense of necessity, the burden is on the state to prove beyond a reasonable doubt the defendant did not act out of necessity.
3. If from all the facts and circumstances you find the defendant acted out of necessity, or if you have a reasonable doubt whether [he][she] acted out of necessity, then you must find the defendant not guilty.4
FOOTNOTES
1. Tenn. Code Ann.§ 39-11-609.
2. The trial judge may wish to use an alternate wording for element (2): "The defendant's need to avoid the harm to [himself][herself] or to the person or property of another clearly outweighed, according to ordinary standards of reasonableness, the harm sought to be prevented by the law which the defendant is accused of violating."
3. Tenn. Code Ann.§ 39-11-201(a)(3).
4. Tenn. Code Ann.§ 39-11-203(d).
http://www.tncrimlaw.com/TPI_Crim/40_05.htm
Here's the specific code http://law.justia.com/codes/tennessee/2010/ti... as quoted on the site you found issue with, which also provided the Tennessee Jury Pattern instructions, albeit in a more condensed form.
Do you understand, now?
Ouch.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

<quoted text>
You seem to like lying a lot. Another clue you are certainly a Christian.

I wasn't a dead beat dad. Are you a moron that doesn't understand that term or just a lying POS ?

Oh Wait! You're a christer, so you are both.

"Lie for Jesus! Hate for God!" - Larry

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Here it comes.
I'm tired of these conversations. I'm tired of this kind of maneuvering. You seem to be looking for a fight.
You are the one who is looking for the fight. I made a post to skom which you could have ignored but you didn't. You made it a point to stick your nose in it.
<quoted text>It's simple: my impression is that you swarm with the hive.
I don't need to find - and may not be able to find - a post where you explicitly defend the church using that word. Nor did I claim that you did so explicitly. I merely noted who you seem to ally yourself with, who you attack, and what are the apparent criteria for those choices.
Once again you came here from a thread where you and your friends acted like azzholes. You came here for the purpose of doing the same here.. At first it was Hiding then catcher came and then the rest followed. Gee, I guess you kind of could say you swarmed the hive..........

I defend those I see as good people whether they are christian or not, against people like you when I see fit.
<quoted text>From that, I tentatively deduce you apparent values, and amend the conclusion whenever new data supports or contradicts earlier estimates.

Incidentally, this post of yours that I am responding to is more evidence that you are a defender of the church. Your "with us or against us" perspective is typical of hive mentality. The "us" you refer is not the Communists vs the free world, nor the Allies vs. the Axis, nor the Republicans vs. the Democrats, nor the home team vs. the visitors, nor vegetarians vs. omnivores. So what is it?
It's the religious vs the irreligious. That's what makes you the functional equivalent of a Christian to me. That's what they do.
And I'd bet that you would do a lot of other things typical of Christians but not of the irreligious, such as vote for religious candidates against atheists, or support the presence of religion in schools and the law.
The 'with us or against us' was a definition of your attitude not mine. Thats the only reason you could qualify me as a christian. I didnt jump on your bandwagon so I'm with them

I'm pretty indifferent to those things you mentioned. I could care less if there is a plaque of the 10 commandments on the courtroom wall.

I dont really want prayer in public schools, but i also dont think its a big deal if my kids say the pledge of allegiance in school just because it mentions god.

Politically a persons belief or non belief is the least of my worry's. Do I think he/she can and will make a difference. Will they do the right things etc. are my concerns
<quoted text><quoted text>
So says the man who just defined my impression of him as a lie.
Perhaps you don't understand what a definition is. No definition changes physical reality. If I define life one way, a virus is alive. If I define it another way, it is not. The virus is the same in either case.
For now, you're a Christian to me. If you ever give me reason to make a distinction between you and people who call themselves Christians, I will. And in no sense is any of it lying.
You certainly were lying according to you and your band of haters here. You have made that definition very clear and childish I might add.

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I expect people like Scaritual to just keep lying. he is too stupid to know when its over. But this is a whol enew level of dishonesty from you mac. Here ya go. tell me what was vague?
Please link your quotes too
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
And what a surprise, you didn't link your source either. But try reading the case law and also link your source and we can go from there if you still don't get it
Link your source mac and we can go from there. I have asked you three times now
Where is your source mac
Why did you refuse to link it?
I asked you 4x for your link mac and you wouldn't give it. I wonder why? And i don't need a link to a Google search
You provided source material without a link that I have now asked you for FIVE times. Then when you repeatedly refused to provide the link to your information, you tried to use Ben's linkThat link didn't have Texas in it so I used Florida. I don't give a shit what you posted about Texas until you back it up with a link
The link retard, provide the link. Nobody in here could possibly believe you don't understand six requests for the link to your information. Especially when one of your responses was to not provide it and use Ben's link instead
You have given me two links to Google searches and one link that was G's link. You can't be this stupid. I want the link for the website that you copied tout information about Texas law on. 7th request
You're whining, goofy.

I had no problem finding the law.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been wondering about something Ben. Maybe you can answer this for me.

How in the hell does someone right out a check every month for 18 years to support a child and never, not once, even attempt to go see the child?

Unfathomable to me. Maybe you can explain it cause I just dont get it.......... Not even you could be that selfish could you? Or could you?

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
You offer up a revenue generating website?
I'm gonna do like the lawyers on that site recommended and not take any of this as legal advice.
It's not legal advice.

It's information from qualified professionals.

The disclaimer is standard.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow ROS!
I always took you as a christer.
Maybe I never really took the time to read what you were saying.
I guess I was wrong again..so I owe you another apology.
Hell, no wonder ya don't like me.
Its a common mistake, I typically stand up for them and get along with them better. My feeling and I'm not gonna argue the point is that they are better in most cases then alot of atheists. To me atheists dont play by the same rules they require christians to play by. JMO.

No apology necessary. And again I dont dislike you, I just have a problem with challenges and went off on yours.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>

I wasn't a dead beat dad.
Sure you were..........

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Hey....

Just floating by (It has rained every day I have been here)

Hope everyone is doing well....

Catch up later...Have a great day

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

<quoted text>
I've been wondering about something Ben. Maybe you can answer this for me.
How in the hell does someone right out a check every month for 18 years to support a child and never, not once, even attempt to go see the child?
Unfathomable to me. Maybe you can explain it cause I just dont get it.......... Not even you could be that selfish could you? Or could you?
It's much like supporting the church while denying it.
dandruff

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I don't know, Whispers. Where does it say that?
in Zeus book,you poor idiot?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not legal advice.
It's information from qualified professionals.
The disclaimer is standard.
You're assuming that they're qualified professionals.

Because they have a website?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 574,641 - 574,660 of598,749
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

452 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min June VanDerMark 529,980
Who really controls America and other Western c... 14 min yon 46
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 26 min HipGnozizzz 171,446
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 34 min Double Fine 716,468
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 39 min Aura Mytha 223,183
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 52 min Jim Justice 114,620
bless the jews (Nov '08) 54 min read 6,779
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 5 hr Gabric 62
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 hr onemale 255,692
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••