Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#600768 Oct 11, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
The specific example was if someone was banging on someone's front door and was still outside the house and the door was still locked, there is no way someone could use Stand Your Ground and claim they felt they were in Imminent Danger and also reasonably had reason to fear for their life
I did say if the person had gained access to the home it would be different
But he poster i was talking to insisted that even if there was no imminent danger, so long as the person reasonably thought there was they would be legally justified in shooting the person
There is literally no way any legal agency would determine that a person still outside the house on the other side of a locked door constituted an imminent threat where it was then reasonable to assume they were facing deadly harm
The other example was if someone manually used something to hit your windshield one time and didn't so much as break the glass and then ceased the destruction of property. Someone inside the car could not claim that one hit constituted not only imminent harm but a reasonable fear of deadly harm
I did however say if the person was going to town with an object trying to break through the windshield to get to the driver that would be a different matter
You must be the best jail house lawyer around!

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#600769 Oct 12, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
That's after the River dance...I mean finger dance.
Disposable thumbs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =d4wLQ7BsarUXX
He could be good. He's missing....Bongos !!
He might even evolve...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#600770 Oct 12, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
He might even evolve...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =gu7qzLOFsIgXX
We can only believe...:)

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#600771 Oct 12, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
We can only believe...:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =e2hPb_Rq7XQXX
Yeah, I forgot it's Bongo...

Since: May 11

London, UK

#600772 Oct 12, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing that simple is you
Topix has a delay in registering icons at 10. But eventually all the extra icons will start showing
You can't possibly believe that 11 different posts all decided to manipulate icons between 5am and 6am
I can only imagine how people feel that have to deal with you in real life
Fortunately Topix allows people to scroll on by
Do you have just zero awareness how ridiculous you constantly make yourself look? What is even crazier is you think you are pressing your immaginary advange
You are making anyone squirm. You are making people cringe at your stupidity though
Enough troll. Enough.
Listen blowhard, what you've just said confirms your own penchant for artificially judging other posters.

Yesterday I saw the judge-its increase by multiples of 10 in a matter of minutes.

You know what I think? I think someone has discovered the 'salt' in topix voting process. That would be a technical term, you don't need to worry about it, it's beyond you.

They have written a script to circumvent it. I know this because I'm actually "good with computers" you on the other hand with your "winregit" and your microsux windblows...not so much.

...but hey, it gave you the opportunity to fire off a few hundred words in the middle of the night in an attempt to sound somewhat knowledgeable, but it seems all you're knowledgeable about is artificially judging posts...

Maybe you judged your own in an attempt to have something to talk about...I wouldn't be at all surprised wee man.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#600773 Oct 12, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
No sis..in all honesty I do not...but in many places I can tell you it never was... as it is in many other states...
Why? Do want ta put together a party in the lone star?
I will help ya put it all together!
I got friends in low places!!!
Well when I lived near the Big D area that law was enforced and it had to do with luxury items could not be bought on Sunday. Had a few clerks say to me sorry cannot sale that item on Sunday. Just was curious is all. When I lived there was always on the move to stay out of the path of those tornadoes.

No I do not want to put together a party in the lone star state.
I might throw a party but it would be in the way back in sticker county. lol.

Location hidden

#600774 Oct 12, 2013
awsome dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
I see,you love your awsome dr Shrink and wait for his beautifual friendly posts to you crying all day long,and mambling poor nonsense with your plastic proteze teeths inside of your poor old mouth?
I love you sweety ,my dear Halooween Pumpkin?
monkey tail is you,and I chase you everywhere-he heeeeee boni do do pee pee

Location hidden

#600775 Oct 12, 2013

Never mess with the little ones. lol

Some carry a bang with them. lol

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#600776 Oct 12, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
I remember one time as I was lying in my bathtub/bed in the abandoned unit in a housing project that had become my home with a chair against the door as a lock and a gun on my chest for protection, addicted to drugs, and wondering where was God in all this? I wasn't angry either as I knew I had caused these problems but I was very depressed. There would be no miracle that suddenly gave me my life back. Looking back the insane part was that I even wondered where God was in all that. How did i think I would see him living like that?

It wasn't until years of hard work and pain and struggle that my life got better. And as that process improved, my relationship with God got stronger and stronger. He gave me the strength to endure. It as all I needed. But it was only until I realized that was the case that I was able to understand both our roles

But I didn't have the obstacle that you had as far as belief. If anything, I tried my best not to believe as it only added to my burden and shame.
If I have learned two things in life it is that there is never a short-cut to really fix a problem and that when we do the right things for the right reasons, things almost always go better
I don't know why some people believe and others don't
But I do know life is pretty much life for anybody. There will be good times and bad times and tons of mistakes and only putting the time and work in while staying true to ourselves will give us a shot at happiness
Some of us make that journey with God
Some of us make that journey with personal conscience
The journey is this life will be pretty much the same for everyone, just with different approaches and traveling companions
Nice, and congratulations on getting back on track. Notwithstanding all of the highly critical words I have posted to you in the past, you deserve kudos for overcoming your early mistakes. We're not that different in that respect. I'm glad to be able to add that part now.

Fennario

#600777 Oct 12, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
What are your thoughts about when you die? Do you think there is any chance of a continued existence, even if not sentient? Even from a scientific standpoint, energy can't be destroyed
I am sure that my physical constituents will continue to exist after my death for at least as long as they did before my birth, but doubt that my consciousness will.

I have told you about my metaphysical intuitions before - persistent ideas that want to be beliefs, but for which I have no evidence, and so don't call beliefs. One of these ideas is that our conscious experiences are connected outside of our minds to some kind of depot that comprises the total of all previous thought, a depot to which we contribute in life and from which we draw, especially fundamental ideas like the sense of self, space (here and there) and time (was-is-will be), and fundamental instincts such as self-preservation and the affinity for pleasure / aversion to pain. I have a sense that I will always persist there, but with no awareness.

I also have an unshakable intuition that the future exists already and pulls us toward it just as the past propels us forward. And if so, perhaps the god intuition that so many people have is just faint precognition of man's future, which, if he survives, will be godlike from our current perspective, just as our present with its airplanes, cell phones, and vaccines would be to the ancients. As Arthur Clarke said, "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Maybe we are just sensing our future selves.

What does a rationalist and empiricist do with such spiritual notions? If he's wise, he enjoys them for what they are. He doesn't call them beliefs or make decisions based on them. Chasing them away, or despising them for being unfounded if he can't chase them away, is both unnecessary and undesirable. Reason helps us understand the world. But it is an irrational aspect of mind that lets us take pleasure from it. Reason is only useful in the service of the pursuit of satisfaction.

These are the some of the kinds of thoughts that I am referring to when I talk about spirituality from an atheistic perspective. Spirituality comprises intuitions of mystery (just alluded to), awe, gratitude, and connectivity. It is unknowable if these intuitions have correlates outside of the head, or are merely psychological phenomena. But it is not necessary to know to benefit from them. They add to the experience of life in a very positive way whatever they are , and should be nurtured and embracedfor that reason, not despised or dismissed.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#600778 Oct 12, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Tenn. Code Ann.§39-11-203, which provides that if enough evidence is presented during a trial that the jury may consider whether a person acted in self-defense, then the jury must find beyond a reasonable doubt that the person being prosecuted did not act in self-defense."
http://brownandroberto.wordpress.com/2013/07/...
<quoted text> Yeah, at the same time, if a person is using an implement such as that to break into your home - while you are inside - it might be seen as reasonable to think you are in danger, too. I understand California does not have the laws that other states have, also.
<quoted text>
"The Tennessee Pattern Jury instructions explain that “reasonable belief” does not mean that the person claiming self-defense must actually have been in physical danger, but only that he or she reasonably felt that he or she was in jeopardy. The defendant only has to show that he or she was actually in fear of serious bodily injury or death and that the fear was reasonable under the circumstances. In fact, the person claiming self-defense even can be mistaken, based on his or her perception of the circumstance, so long as a reasonable person would have perceived the circumstances the same way."
http://brownandroberto.wordpress.com/2013/07/...
I provided both excerpts above to Skombolis, previously.
LOL

You offer up a revenue generating website?

I'm gonna do like the lawyers on that site recommended and not take any of this as legal advice.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#600779 Oct 12, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>An old "blue book" law (that has never been erased) says if you find your wife in bed with another man, you can shoot them both "legally"...even more conclusive if he steals your horse in an attempt to get away.
Now that kind of law life makes sense.

I mean, stealing someone's horse is pretty messed up.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#600780 Oct 12, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
1 John 3:17
But whoever has the world's goods, and beholds his brother in need and closes his heart against him, how does the love of God abide in him?
(T) Peace
1 Corinthians

We are fools for Christ, but you are so wise in Christ! We are weak, but you are strong! You are honored, we are dishonored!

To this very hour we go hungry and thirsty, we are in rags, we are brutally treated, we are homeless.

We work hard with our own hands. When we are cursed, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure it; when we are slandered, we answer kindly.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#600781 Oct 12, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I try to stay away from bars
I don't drink and just too many idiots
Of course it may be the same percentage but I notice them more sober
But I don't need the aggravation.
If i do go, I go somewhere really laid back
(T) Peace
You don't drink??

Good, you can be the designated driver.

Or the designated decoy :)

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#600782 Oct 12, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> I thought you were just under my thumb?
*niffs thumb*

O__O

Well, it was under something....

Location hidden

#600783 Oct 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope not how ya do it. Geez man what ya do is give the wife to the thief with a sympathy card(prettiest one you can find)cause in the end he gonna need all the sympathy he can find. lol then ya give the horse to them too (to expensive to feed) Problem solved.
It called walking in Charlie shoes.LOL

Fennario

#600784 Oct 12, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
In your previous post you basically agreed with me. Your either with us or against us... Right?
I don't think so. What I said in that post regarding your claim that you were not a Christian was,

"Whatever distinction you make is apparently not relevant to those that consider you a Christian. How would your Topix presence be different if you were what YOU call a Christian? Would you defend the Christians and their church any more, or lambast the unbelievers any less? If not, maybe you can understand why we group you together. We don't care what you believe. We care how you behave."
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

Or maybe you meant this post
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

Please try to be clear. Like Riverside Redneck, you tend to be vague and then claim that you were misunderstood. It makes these conversations into drudgery, like trying to roll a boulder uphill.
It aint necessarily so wrote:
I don't respect the church, which has pretty much been your litmus test for who you'll get along with. The more aggressive my denouncements of the church become, the more likely you are to attack me personally.

Fennario

#600785 Oct 12, 2013
Find a post of mine where I defend the church or admit your lying.
Here it comes.

I'm tired of these conversations. I'm tired of this kind of maneuvering. You seem to be looking for a fight.

It's simple: my impression is that you swarm with the hive.

I don't need to find - and may not be able to find - a post where you explicitly defend the church using that word. Nor did I claim that you did so explicitly. I merely noted who you seem to ally yourself with, who you attack, and what are the apparent criteria for those choices.

From that, I tentatively deduce you apparent values, and amend the conclusion whenever new data supports or contradicts earlier estimates.

Incidentally, this post of yours that I am responding to is more evidence that you are a defender of the church. Your "with us or against us" perspective is typical of hive mentality. The "us" you refer is not the Communists vs the free world, nor the Allies vs. the Axis, nor the Republicans vs. the Democrats, nor the home team vs. the visitors, nor vegetarians vs. omnivores. So what is it?

It's the religious vs the irreligious. That's what makes you the functional equivalent of a Christian to me. That's what they do.

And I'd bet that you would do a lot of other things typical of Christians but not of the irreligious, such as vote for religious candidates against atheists, or support the presence of religion in schools and the law.
Again you dont define. I mean what i say. Because you define me as a christian doesnt make it so.....
So says the man who just defined my impression of him as a lie.

Perhaps you don't understand what a definition is. No definition changes physical reality. If I define life one way, a virus is alive. If I define it another way, it is not. The virus is the same in either case.

For now, you're a Christian to me. If you ever give me reason to make a distinction between you and people who call themselves Christians, I will. And in no sense is any of it lying.

Location hidden

#600786 Oct 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>

Here is Charlie shoes.

Location hidden

#600787 Oct 12, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Here it comes.
I'm tired of these conversations. I'm tired of this kind of maneuvering. You seem to be looking for a fight.
It's simple: my impression is that you swarm with the hive.
I don't need to find - and may not be able to find - a post where you explicitly defend the church using that word. Nor did I claim that you did so explicitly. I merely noted who you seem to ally yourself with, who you attack, and what are the apparent criteria for those choices.
From that, I tentatively deduce you apparent values, and amend the conclusion whenever new data supports or contradicts earlier estimates.
Incidentally, this post of yours that I am responding to is more evidence that you are a defender of the church. Your "with us or against us" perspective is typical of hive mentality. The "us" you refer is not the Communists vs the free world, nor the Allies vs. the Axis, nor the Republicans vs. the Democrats, nor the home team vs. the visitors, nor vegetarians vs. omnivores. So what is it?
It's the religious vs the irreligious. That's what makes you the functional equivalent of a Christian to me. That's what they do.
And I'd bet that you would do a lot of other things typical of Christians but not of the irreligious, such as vote for religious candidates against atheists, or support the presence of religion in schools and the law.
<quoted text>
So says the man who just defined my impression of him as a lie.
Perhaps you don't understand what a definition is. No definition changes physical reality. If I define life one way, a virus is alive. If I define it another way, it is not. The virus is the same in either case.
For now, you're a Christian to me. If you ever give me reason to make a distinction between you and people who call themselves Christians, I will. And in no sense is any of it lying.
Gueez fellow you sound like you want a comment you not marrying the said party. Where in the rule book says one has to take sides.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 32 min Quirky 27,020
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Gabriel 985,753
Why are so many black people so FAT? (Jul '09) 5 hr juliakk 230
Black women hate White men? (Feb '11) 5 hr juliakk 67
make money online. free. easy to start. no cred... (Sep '15) 6 hr juliakk 9
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 hr Anthony MN 685,932
Leftists libs DONT KNOW their own history 7 hr Wake Up 2
More from around the web