Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#600383 Oct 10, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Why were you excited that there was diversity among the naked men you were taking spas and showers with?
I am honestly trying to understand how that even was a factor
Why would it matter to a straight guy what the ethnicity is of the nude guy in the spa next to him?
OMG....

That's the start of a good joke...

"A Mexican man walks into a male Chinese nude spa...."

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#600384 Oct 10, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
What morality ?
Less than 200 years ago in the USA the Christian majority believed in slavery, executions without trials, women and children as property, only white, male property owners had the right to vote, etc....
Anyone who says morality hasn't improved in the USA is either insane, very ignorant or a goddam liar!
So did the male majority

So did the white majority

So did the land owning majority

So did the southern majority

So did the United States citizen majority

Maybe even the majority of people with brown hair

Its funny how people bristle at the idea that this is a Christian nation but now when they want to blame things done as a nation in the past that it was somehow a Christian thing

It wasn't being done in the name of Christianity. Slavery was being done in the name greed by southern cotton field land owners

Women were not allowed to vote because people in power never want to lose the status quo and allow anything to jeopardize that power. Of course those in power wanted to prevent women from voting

But since these changes came through wars, votes, and legislation; and Christians are the majority, who do you think brought about the change for the better then?

You can't have it both ways

Besides it was an American problem, not a Christian problem

Location hidden

#600386 Oct 10, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I reject Jesus Christ, and it has nothing to do with Christians, nor with worshiping mankind. It has to do with the doctrine.
I agree that if one leaves the faith it should be either based on doctrine or belief and not other people

I have never understood people who would abandon their own principles or belief or something important to them because someone else doesn't do it justice

However I was curious about something and feel free to explain smuch or as little as you want

But you became a Christian as an adult. I would presume you had a grasp of at least the basics. I am running short of time today so if there was a better way of phrasing that just chalk it up to rushing. Anyway, what came after that as far as doctrine that would then cause you to leave that you didn't know when you joined?

Location hidden

#600387 Oct 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG....
That's the start of a good joke...
"A Mexican man walks into a male Chinese nude spa...."
I believe no matter how you word the joke, considering the facts, the punchline will always be Catcher is straight!

I saw once again that was lost on him on why we find this funny

I'd maybe give him an "atta boy" if he was gay

Hey to each their own. If a gay man like a variety of ethic men who am I to say he shouldn't? I like a variety of ethnic women

But I am lost on why a straight man would consider it a plus that the naked men in the spas and showers with him were diversified

I actually am hoping he explains that one!

Since: Jan 11

United States

#600388 Oct 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Ok, wait. Is it irrelevant and you don't care or is it irrelevant and you care enough to inquire about it? I'm confused.
What is "true to you" has been established.

Do you think that your beliefs accurately represent the reality that we all share? Do you think that believers of other religions will see your deity when they die?

Believers of other religions could think you'll see their deity when you die.

What reason do you have to justify choosing one religion over another? What sets your beliefs apart?

Are you one of many who believe that all religions are flawed attempts at relating to a singular deity?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Ya, that's pretty much what I said. In your mind, deities aren't real. Or if you prefer, in your mind, deities don't exist. Six to one, half a dozen to the other...
No, I don't believe in any deities.

I can't say that deities don't exist without defining what a deity must be.

I have a good reason to believe that the deities people believe in and have believed in are fabrications, because they appear to be direct projections of the cultures where they first appear as concepts. That's not enough to rule out anything that someone might define as a deity.

Location hidden

#600389 Oct 10, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>

I have a good reason to believe that the deities people believe in and have believed in are fabrications, because they appear to be direct projections of the cultures where they first appear as concepts. That's not enough to rule out anything that someone might define as a deity.
Why do you always have to play games?

A crazy person might define a deity as a hamburger

You know exactly what he is referring to when he says deities

You know what definition he is using when he says you don't believe in deities

There is absolutely no reason to qualify you can't rule out you don't believe in dieties as based on the definition that every human being on Earth may say a diety is

You group spends so much time over nonsensical semantics either to be assholes, you think it is some sort of "W", or you just don't understand normal interaction

Can you imagine if anytime someone asked somebody something they used your method of responding and said well I can't answer that without knowing how every person on earth would define the words you would use in a sentence

I think you think these tactics make you look clever.

And it is your regular M.O.

I have never seen someone enjoy being intentionally obtuse before. Yet you choose to be as some type of weird game

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#600390 Oct 10, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
What is "true to you" has been established.
Do you think that your beliefs accurately represent the reality that we all share?
"we all"? No.
Do you think that believers of other religions will see your deity when they die?
Yes.
Believers of other religions could think you'll see their deity when you die.
I don't care.
What reason do you have to justify choosing one religion over another? What sets your beliefs apart?
What reason is there to wear a red shirt instead of a green shirt?

Dude, it's a choice, plain and simple.
Are you one of many who believe that all religions are flawed attempts at relating to a singular deity?
I don't necessailry believe that, but I do think it's a possibility.
No, I don't believe in any deities.
Ya, I know. That's what I said.
I can't say that deities don't exist without defining what a deity must be.
Maybe that's your problem... You need to be able to define God before you can believe in Him. That's interesting.
Ahhh... So you have a gut feeling about it. Way to go.
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#600391 Oct 10, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I am confident that I will spend eternity in Folkvangr after serious negotiations between Odin, Freyja and, because I'm a virgin, Gefjon.
you are not virgin because AAA man parts devises were inside of your hole,and your fingers stimulating your clitoris-so call deep masturbation-also hell is waiting for you and labor work as coal shovel in the nads for 12 hours shoveling coal to the hot oven?

United States

#600392 Oct 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
In that regards, ask yourself the sane question, If you care about what is objectively true, true for all people, how would you decide whether it nod deities are real?
<quoted text>
uh-huh.... Then explain the following...
<quoted text>
STOP. Hang on.
You admit that you cannot decide what is real or not real but previously you decided that Yahweh doesn't exist....
Which is it?
Did you not see "usually"?

I have no choice in rejecting logical contradictions, which I have no choice in believing are present in the Bible.
dandruff

Baltimore, MD

#600393 Oct 10, 2013
<quoted text>
So says the furfuraceous, pediculous, xanthodontous pilgarlic.
you show clear evidence of your stupidity and trolling around with your urinated by dogs brain

those terms belongs to you,I am not atheist and not made from neandertahlian sperm mixed with amazonian monkey vagina fluids-IT IS YOU
Still falling down dandruff from your orangutan skull

secular morality reather makes you pediculous,and ding dong sucker

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#600394 Oct 10, 2013
<quoted text>

I only saw two categories of people there, and they were neither mutually exclusive nor exhaustive. I reject Jesus Christ, and it has nothing to do with Christians, nor with worshiping mankind. It has to do with the doctrine.
And you will get no argument from me for that reason. Because I myself reject many religions based on their doctrine.

You know the doctrine of Christianity---you experienced Christianity---and you reject the Christianity and it's doctrine.

Christianity should not expect any more from you. Whether you're wrong or not is not up to Christianity to decide---but it's between you and God.

United States

#600395 Oct 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
That may be true for you, but it isn't for me.
I've learned to trust my intuition, my "gut feeling". It's usually not wrong.
You shouldn't trust your intuition for anything you have religious faith in. Faith has the ability to overrule everything in the mind short of sudden mortal fear. Give it time, and faith can overrule that as well. That's how you get suicide bombers.

Of course you know, conviction in faith varies. Not everyone has the impressive faith of a suicide bomber. Trifecta might.

Intuition seems to support all who have religious faith, no matter what they have religious faith in.

Again, what sets your beliefs apart. What sets your justification apart? Why is your intuition, that you trust, better than those who believe things that are inconsistent with what you believe?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Deities being nonexistent.
I lack a belief in deities.

I do not propose that deities are nonexistent. Someone could define a deity in such a way that an alien life might fit the description.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
lol. An autocorrect typo.
I was born and raised in a briar statement!
RiversideRedneck wrote:
No I cannot replace God with FSM.
Maybe you can, but I can't.
I meant "you" as in "anyone".

Anyone could replace "God" with the FSM or any number of other imaginary entities.

How do you know that the Bible wasn't written/inspired by the FSM? How do you know that the Noodle King isn't just playing a large scale prank on a large portion of humanity? You don't know. You can't know.

If Christianity was just one more fabricated religion among thousands, would you be able to recognize that? How can you tell that this one religion is correct?

United States

#600396 Oct 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Bullshit.
You believe Yahweh doesn't exist.
More accurately, he can't exist as defined by the Bible.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You also believe you can prove that.
I can prove it to some people.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You also believe you don't have any beliefs.
That's a paradox, and incorrect.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#600398 Oct 10, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you not see "usually"?
I have no choice in rejecting logical contradictions, which I have no choice in believing are present in the Bible.
Biblical ignorance usually works that way.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#600399 Oct 10, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey
8 tries later mac finally provides the link to his source!
Good job!!
And i said i don't open links from dumbass trolls. You must consider yourself one then to figure i wouldn't open yours?
Although considering I asked you for 8x obviously you know that isn't the truth
If you thought i wouldn't open it mac, why did you send me three unrelated links?
You guys love your stories
All this, an entire and so many posts, just to get you to link your source!
But try to play whatever game you want to save face.
I have not followed this much, but let me interject: I tire of you calling or intimating that good posters such as Mac are trolls.

I don't think hardly anyone accepts that as anything other than desperation.

And your demand for a link from him reminds me of you quoting Raymond Brown and, when I provided the fuller quote, you demanding a link to the author and text you first quoted.

Now. As to Texas law, I found the Texas provisions easily from following an earlier link that Mac provided.

If your difficulty in doing so is real, you have a problem; if it's pretend, as I suspect, well....

I have not followed this discussion closely; I nevertheless bothered to read at least some of the relevant Texas provisions.

Section 9.41 permits the use of force to prevent trespass or more. Section 9.42 requires more for the use of deadly force -- such as theft at night.

Now I assume there is a definitions section to go with these provisions: What is "trespass", "theft", "force", "deadly force", and so on? This is not of sufficient interest for me do look. but anyone seriously trying to understand Texas law on the subject would look there first, as well as Texas case law interpreting these provisions.

Anyone actually interest in Texas law on this matter probably would do well by starting here:

http://www.chlpp.com/docs/castledoctrine.pdf
Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#600400 Oct 10, 2013
Thumper wrote:
<quoted text>
What you're rejecting is the Bible not me. You're here to present a different gospel. I hope the posters take notice.
Truth from many years ago. God is the same yesterday, today and forever!

United States

#600401 Oct 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
"we all"? No.
I'm not sure if you understood that question.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Yes.
They won't see your deity if your beliefs don't represent the reality we all share.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I don't care.
You don't care what they believe, or you don't care that it's possible that what they believe is true?

I don't care about what people believe if they can't demonstrate that is it true or likely true.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
What reason is there to wear a red shirt instead of a green shirt?
Dude, it's a choice, plain and simple.
Read that back to yourself and let it sink in.

This is, presumably, the absolute most important aspect of your entire life.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I don't necessailry believe that, but I do think it's a possibility.
Do you also believe, within that possibility, that only those who achieve a high percentage of belief accuracy will be rewarded?

Do you think your deity will accept Muslims but not Buddhists?

Will Odin judge you generously?

Will Zeus tolerate your ignorance?

Will the FSM overlook your treachery?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Ya, I know. That's what I said.
You said that I believed deities were nonexistent. That's believing that deities do not exist. I'm not even familiar with 10% of the deities that humans have proposed.

That's not the same as lacking a belief in deities.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Maybe that's your problem... You need to be able to define God before you can believe in Him. That's interesting.
I'm not going to believe in anything that's undefined. I wouldn't try to eat something before I knew what it was either.

I wouldn't get a tattoo chosen at random. I wouldn't marry a woman by picking a name I like out of the phone book.

Does any of that seem strange to you?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Ahhh... So you have a gut feeling about it. Way to go.
Human beings fabricate elaborate imaginary structures to cope with their ignorance, to give them comfort, and to provide them with extended social connections. These structures are based on the characteristics of the cultures where they appear.

That comes from a scientific understanding of human behavior, not any gut feelings. My intestines are not that familiar with anthropology.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#600402 Oct 10, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Why were you excited that there was diversity among the naked men you were taking spas and showers with?
I am honestly trying to understand how that even was a factor
Why would it matter to a straight guy what the ethnicity is of the nude guy in the spa next to him?
Why don't you just ponder it for a few days, and get back to me with your analysis and conclusions?

I look forward to your post: You can compress the most words into the smallest idea of any person I know.(Credit Abe Lincoln.)

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#600403 Oct 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you understand what I mean by "a mocking jab"?
I think I do.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#600404 Oct 10, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:

You shouldn't trust your intuition for anything you have religious faith in.
Sorry, but I trust my intuition for everything.

Including my faith in God.
Faith has the ability to overrule everything in the mind short of sudden mortal fear. Give it time, and faith can overrule that as well. That's how you get suicide bombers.
That's the current fad, that suicide bombers do what they do out of religious faith in an afterlife.

While that may be true in some cases, it isn't in others.

Look at Japanese kamikazes. They didn't do it for any faith or deity, they did it for family and national honor & pride.

You hear "suicide bomber" and you instantly think, "Allua Akbar! BOOM". How do you know which of those men did it for faith and which did it following orders? You don't. You don't like religious faith do you bland it on that.
Intuition seems to support all who have religious faith, no matter what they have religious faith in.
Intuition drives more than just religious faith. It's how you know how hard to hit your brakes when that dumb dog wanders into the street.

It also tells you what may go bump in the dark and keeps you wary.

I fully trust my intuition.
Again, what sets your beliefs apart. What sets your justification apart? Why is your intuition, that you trust, better than those who believe things that are inconsistent with what you believe?

I never said my beliefs are right, I said they are my beliefs. I feel they're right , my gut feeling tells me so.
I lack a belief in deities.
I do not propose that deities are nonexistent. Someone could define a deity in such a way that an alien life might fit the description.

I don't define God. He's already defined for me. That's the difference.
I meant "you" as in "anyone".
Anyone could replace "God" with the FSM or any number of other imaginary entities.
How do you know that the Bible wasn't written/inspired by the FSM? How do you know that the Noodle King isn't just playing a large scale prank on a large portion of humanity? You don't know. You can't know.
If Christianity was just one more fabricated religion among thousands, would you be able to recognize that? How can you tell that this one religion is correct?
Then you're still wrong. I am part of that 'anyone' you talk about and I cannot replace God with your FSM.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Happy Lesbo 38,545
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Gods r Delusions ... 641,843
Looking for a second husband to fulfill fantasy (Aug '13) 15 min Agha 6
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 16 min Brian_G 970,094
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 57 min Paul is dead 4,156
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Just Think 104,759
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr good true observa... 44,451
More from around the web