<quoted text>Such a dumbass troll
Try shooting someone who whacks your windshield and see what happens
I take it the defence rests? LMFAO

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#600221 Oct 9, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
I'm called a christian when I am clearly not one.
Whatever distinction you make is apparently not relevant to those that consider you a Christian. How would your Topix presence be different if you were what YOU call a Christian? Would you defend the Christians and their church any more, or lambast the unbelievers any less? If not, maybe you can understand why we group you together. We don't care what you believe. We care how you behave.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#600222 Oct 9, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as the referenced dates you gave yes...all one needs to do is review the history of the world during those times...and also ...compare the morals as set forth in the bible...which are totally unacceptable by the standards set forth by man in the present day.
It is not an assumption...it is a comparable fact of history and evolution from primitive thinking and belief to reality and actuality.
Red herring.

This isn't about the Bible or religion at all.

The question was are humans more moral today than in the past?

You staunchly say yes.

How do you measure that? We have more crime, broken families, injustice, genocide and war today than ever before in human history.

How is that a higher moral standard?

Location hidden

#600223 Oct 9, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
What truth?
You mean the one that "Jesus" was not really the "Kristos"(as your priest liars have portrayed it to be?
Read his own words to find the truth. I know who and what he was. "Your" "Paul" told many lies.
Jesus wasn't the Messiah?!

And you know this??

Do tell.

Fennario

#600224 Oct 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
"Still"? What do you mean still?? Do you think humans are morally more advanced in 2013 than we were in 1013? Or in 0013? If so, why? What leads you to that assumption?
Yeah, I do, but I don't expect a discussion of the matter to be profitable to either of us, nor to anybody else.

Were you aware in the West, witches are no longer burned, democracies have replaced monarchies in many nations, slavery has been outlawed, and women vote? And men, too? It's true.

Since: May 11

UK

#600225 Oct 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Red herring.
This isn't about the Bible or religion at all.
The question was are humans more moral today than in the past?
You staunchly say yes.
How do you measure that? We have more crime, broken families, injustice, genocide and war today than ever before in human history.
How is that a higher moral standard?
fine go back to serfdom, slavery and servitude.

A society of rulers with the power of life an death over cowering peons.

Take a history class for goodness sake.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#600226 Oct 9, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. SKOM is hopeless. Say "Hi" to Nymph for me and give her a big smooch ..
I will.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#600227 Oct 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I say I don't carry any anger?
Can you read?
Of course I carry anger, we all do.
The trick is learning how to manage it.
Correct.

But you also have to be content with your life.

Otherwise the management is artificial and temporary.

Location hidden

#600228 Oct 9, 2013
River Tam wrote:

I apologise if you've already said but why did the dude break your windshield in the first place?
Oh no. Another story. Ugh. Lol, ok. I'll try to summarize it so Ben can accuse me of lying later on.

It all started on the onramp of a freeway. I don't know what they have where you live, but here we have a stop light before most freeway onramps. Well, me and that dude decided to race. He won. In an immature pissy mood, I tailgated him, then he brake checked me. When ended up spending a minute or so throwing insults and the finger at each other, I guess we were both pretty immature. Anyways, one of us gestured to "pull over!", I honestly don't remember if it was him or I that said it. So we pulled over with the intent of a freeway knuckle contest. I got out of my truck and started running towards his car, he saw me coming and took off fast. There was a lot of gravel on the side of the freeway and when he peeled out, he threw up rocks all over my truck. One of them hit my windshield and cracked it.

Then I cracked. I did. I just snapped and was no longer in control of myself.

I chased him down (in bumper to bumper traffic, looking back that's pretty funny), got in front and turned my truck sideways in front of him so he couldn't run away again. My immature mind thought "hey, he picked a fight !" Derp.

I approached his car, club in hand & swung it at his windshield. You know the rest....

San Francisco, CA

#600229 Oct 9, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Next time make sure I'm in Shanghai. I'll give you a live video feed from the other spa.
I did get some reports.

Not much shaving going on over there....

Fennario

#600230 Oct 9, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Hey IANS, its a little boring in here without you.
Thanks, Bongo. The religious debate seems to have ended, and I'm not as moved to discuss windshields or pickles.

How about them Dodgers?

Location hidden

#600231 Oct 9, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
I take it you haven't been reading along.
"Hello Mr Glassman, can you tell the court your occupation?"
"I am head of destructive testing at the automotive materials laboratory of NCAP"
"What are your credentials?"
"I have a B.Eng and M.Sc. and a Ph.d in materials engineering"
"Would the court accept that Mr Glassman is an expert?"
"The court accepts Mr Glassman as an expert"
"I'm obliged My Lord"
"Mr Glassman would it be REASONABLE to say that the AVERAGE man or woman in the street is not aware of the composition or durability of their windscreen to the same degree as an expert?"
"I would"
"and if they were in their vehicle and their windscreen suffered an impact, would they have the same degree of confidence in the substance of its manufacture as an expert?"
"How would they? unless they had witnessed destructive testing of a windscreen they would have no way of knowing"
"Thank you my Glassman"
"Your witness..."
that's how.
Ok that makes sense.

But in a court case, you're not talking about the a stage person, you're talking about a specific individual. So what the average person knows is irrelevant.

Your witness.

San Francisco, CA

#600232 Oct 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I say I don't carry any anger?
Can you read?
Of course I carry anger, we all do.
The trick is learning how to manage it.
By the way, your "can you read" question, which is in effect a statement ("you can't read") reflects anger.

UK

#600233 Oct 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no. Another story. Ugh. Lol, ok. I'll try to summarize it so Ben can accuse me of lying later on.
It all started on the onramp of a freeway. I don't know what they have where you live, but here we have a stop light before most freeway onramps. Well, me and that dude decided to race. He won. In an immature pissy mood, I tailgated him, then he brake checked me. When ended up spending a minute or so throwing insults and the finger at each other, I guess we were both pretty immature. Anyways, one of us gestured to "pull over!", I honestly don't remember if it was him or I that said it. So we pulled over with the intent of a freeway knuckle contest. I got out of my truck and started running towards his car, he saw me coming and took off fast. There was a lot of gravel on the side of the freeway and when he peeled out, he threw up rocks all over my truck. One of them hit my windshield and cracked it.
Then I cracked. I did. I just snapped and was no longer in control of myself.
I chased him down (in bumper to bumper traffic, looking back that's pretty funny), got in front and turned my truck sideways in front of him so he couldn't run away again. My immature mind thought "hey, he picked a fight !" Derp.
I approached his car, club in hand & swung it at his windshield. You know the rest....
So when was the fight?

Location hidden

#600234 Oct 9, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I do, but I don't expect a discussion of the matter to be profitable to either of us, nor to anybody else.
Were you aware in the West, witches are no longer burned, democracies have replaced monarchies in many nations, slavery has been outlawed, and women vote? And men, too? It's true.
Really? Wow I didn't know that.

O__O

Did you know that in the West, crime, disease, broken families and poverty are at higher rates than ever before?

Way to go Better Morality!

UK

#600235 Oct 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok that makes sense.
But in a court case, you're not talking about the a stage person, you're talking about a specific individual. So what the average person knows is irrelevant.
Your witness.
Which specific individual are we talking about?

Location hidden

#600236 Oct 9, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
fine go back to serfdom, slavery and servitude.
A society of rulers with the power of life an death over cowering peons.
Take a history class for goodness sake.
How about a current history class?

It'll tell you that serfdom, slavery and servitude still exist.

So why are we morally better today?

Location hidden

#600237 Oct 9, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:

Correct.
But you also have to be content with your life.
Otherwise the management is artificial and temporary.
Intriguing comment.

Huh....

If say that's correct. Makes perfect sense. Maybe that helps me now more than it ever did before - because I'm happy with my life.

Nice post.

Location hidden

#600238 Oct 9, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:

By the way, your "can you read" question, which is in effect a statement ("you can't read") reflects anger.
Nah, just frustration.

I say I'm not as angry like I used to be and you say "so you don't carry anger?"

A stupid ass comment gets a stupid ass response.

It's all good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min It aint necessari... 743,710
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 12 min mamaday 977
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 26 min Student 38,754
Why are most white people so arrogant? (Apr '10) 44 min Johnny 768
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 44 min Rosa_Winkel 228,566
How to tell when a Topix poster doesn't have a ... 1 hr Commander Bunny 18
Should Black People in the USA Leave America an... (May '13) 1 hr Johnny 612
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr hojo 545,057
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr MUQ1 260,188
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr mdbuilder 174,202

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE