Since: May 11

UK

#600233 Oct 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no. Another story. Ugh. Lol, ok. I'll try to summarize it so Ben can accuse me of lying later on.
It all started on the onramp of a freeway. I don't know what they have where you live, but here we have a stop light before most freeway onramps. Well, me and that dude decided to race. He won. In an immature pissy mood, I tailgated him, then he brake checked me. When ended up spending a minute or so throwing insults and the finger at each other, I guess we were both pretty immature. Anyways, one of us gestured to "pull over!", I honestly don't remember if it was him or I that said it. So we pulled over with the intent of a freeway knuckle contest. I got out of my truck and started running towards his car, he saw me coming and took off fast. There was a lot of gravel on the side of the freeway and when he peeled out, he threw up rocks all over my truck. One of them hit my windshield and cracked it.
Then I cracked. I did. I just snapped and was no longer in control of myself.
I chased him down (in bumper to bumper traffic, looking back that's pretty funny), got in front and turned my truck sideways in front of him so he couldn't run away again. My immature mind thought "hey, he picked a fight !" Derp.
I approached his car, club in hand & swung it at his windshield. You know the rest....
So when was the fight?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#600234 Oct 9, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I do, but I don't expect a discussion of the matter to be profitable to either of us, nor to anybody else.
Were you aware in the West, witches are no longer burned, democracies have replaced monarchies in many nations, slavery has been outlawed, and women vote? And men, too? It's true.
Really? Wow I didn't know that.

O__O

Did you know that in the West, crime, disease, broken families and poverty are at higher rates than ever before?

Way to go Better Morality!

UK

#600235 Oct 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok that makes sense.
But in a court case, you're not talking about the a stage person, you're talking about a specific individual. So what the average person knows is irrelevant.
Your witness.
Which specific individual are we talking about?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#600236 Oct 9, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
fine go back to serfdom, slavery and servitude.
A society of rulers with the power of life an death over cowering peons.
Take a history class for goodness sake.
How about a current history class?

It'll tell you that serfdom, slavery and servitude still exist.

So why are we morally better today?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#600237 Oct 9, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:

Correct.
But you also have to be content with your life.
Otherwise the management is artificial and temporary.
Intriguing comment.

Huh....

If say that's correct. Makes perfect sense. Maybe that helps me now more than it ever did before - because I'm happy with my life.

Nice post.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#600238 Oct 9, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:

By the way, your "can you read" question, which is in effect a statement ("you can't read") reflects anger.
Nah, just frustration.

I say I'm not as angry like I used to be and you say "so you don't carry anger?"

A stupid ass comment gets a stupid ass response.

It's all good.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#600239 Oct 9, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:

So when was the fight?
There was none.

That's the ridiculous part of the whole thing.

I guess I felt that two broken windshields was enough.

UK

#600240 Oct 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
O__O
Did you know that in the West, crime, disease, broken families and poverty are at higher rates than ever before?
"Higher rates than ever before?"

Have you ever heard of the Black Death?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#600241 Oct 9, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:

Which specific individual are we talking about?
Don't try to be coy.

You wrote:

"and if they were in their vehicle and their windscreen suffered an impact, would they have the same degree of confidence in the substance of its manufacture as an expert?"

Who do you think we're talking about?

UK

#600242 Oct 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
How about a current history class?
It'll tell you that serfdom, slavery and servitude still exist.
So why are we morally better today?
You could tell me but with the exception of one african country slavery is illegal everywhere.

Indentured servitude exists in the west? Ok where?

....serfdom? Right there are western rulers who own their subjects.

Are you on the wacky baccy?

UK

#600243 Oct 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There was none.
That's the ridiculous part of the whole thing.
I guess I felt that two broken windshields was enough.
No, you previously referred to your 'victim' as "the guy I had the fight with".

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#600244 Oct 9, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever distinction you make is apparently not relevant to those that consider you a Christian. How would your Topix presence be different if you were what YOU call a Christian? Would you defend the Christians and their church any more, or lambast the unbelievers any less? If not, maybe you can understand why we group you together. We don't care what you believe. We care how you behave.
What I defend is good people against bad. if you can continue to post with respect, we'll get along fine, and you can call me whatever you like, you dont define me......

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#600245 Oct 9, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
"Higher rates than ever before?"
Have you ever heard of the Black Death?
Yup.

The bubonic plague was caused by immorality?

Odd... I thought it was a pandemic, not an immoral outburst of European societies.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#600246 Oct 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
O__O
I'd like to see the data that supports that bare assertion.

UK

#600247 Oct 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't try to be coy.
You wrote:
"and if they were in their vehicle and their windscreen suffered an impact, would they have the same degree of confidence in the substance of its manufacture as an expert?"
Who do you think we're talking about?
Are you up to speed here?

The discussion was:

Would potentially lethal force meet with criminal sanction if someone was beating a windshield. Would the person in the car feel safe enough behind that windscreen to mitigate their response to the possibility of immediate physical harm and would a defence of self defence be available if they responded to that violence in kind?

The 'reasonable man' would not have the knowledge of an expert where the durability of his windscreen was concerned therefore he may be in fear of his person for the lack of that knowledge:

In the same way a person who shoots a person who levels an unloaded firearm at them is justified by virtue of that lack of knowledge of present circumstance.

You're talking about something completely different.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#600248 Oct 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, just frustration.
Wiki:

In psychology, frustration is a common emotional response to opposition. Related to anger and disappointment, it arises from the perceived resistance to the fulfillment of individual will. The greater the obstruction, and the greater the will, the more the frustration is likely to be. Causes of frustration may be internal or external. In people, internal frustration may arise from challenges in fulfilling personal goals and desires, instinctual drives and needs, or dealing with perceived deficiencies. Conflict can also be an internal source of frustration; when one has competing goals that interfere with one another, it can create cognitive dissonance.

While coping with frustration, some individuals may engage in passive–aggressive behavior, making it difficult to identify the original cause(s) of their frustration, as the responses are indirect. A more direct, and common response, is a propensity towards aggression.

To the individual experiencing anger, the emotion is usually attributed to external factors that are beyond his or her control. Although mild frustration due to internal factors (e.g. laziness, lack of effort) is often a positive force (inspiring motivation), it is more often than not a perceived uncontrolled problem that instigates more severe, and perhaps pathological anger. An individual suffering from pathological anger will often feel powerless to change the situation they are in, leading to and, if left uncontrolled, further anger.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#600249 Oct 9, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
You could tell me but with the exception of one african country slavery is illegal everywhere.
Indentured servitude exists in the west? Ok where?
....serfdom? Right there are western rulers who own their subjects.
Are you on the wacky baccy?
Really? Do you live in a shoe box? Illegal slavery still exists in various degrees in every country in the world.

"Indentured"? That's not what you said before, you just said 'servitude'. That also still exists today, just in higher numbers.

Really? Yes, there are plenty of legal "slave owners" that make their "slaves" work on their ranch, farm, property, etc. I don't know what you call them in England, but here we call them "illegal immigrants".

So I ask again, where's this higher morality?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#600250 Oct 9, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd like to see the data that supports that bare assertion.
It's all on google. Check it out.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#600251 Oct 9, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you up to speed here?
The discussion was:
Would potentially lethal force meet with criminal sanction if someone was beating a windshield. Would the person in the car feel safe enough behind that windscreen to mitigate their response to the possibility of immediate physical harm and would a defence of self defence be available if they responded to that violence in kind?
The 'reasonable man' would not have the knowledge of an expert where the durability of his windscreen was concerned therefore he may be in fear of his person for the lack of that knowledge:
In the same way a person who shoots a person who levels an unloaded firearm at them is justified by virtue of that lack of knowledge of present circumstance.
You're talking about something completely different.
Oh! Ok, my bad.

You're talking about someone repeatedly hitting a windshield, I didn't catch that part.

In that sense, I agree with you. That the average person would probably be freaking out, not knowing the punishment that glass can take and they'd probably fear for their life - cuz who knows what'd happen when that guys done breaking through the windshield.

In that sense, would lethal defense likely be allowed? I'd guess yes.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#600252 Oct 9, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wiki:
In psychology, frustration is a common emotional response to opposition. Related to anger and disappointment, it arises from the perceived resistance to the fulfillment of individual will. The greater the obstruction, and the greater the will, the more the frustration is likely to be. Causes of frustration may be internal or external. In people, internal frustration may arise from challenges in fulfilling personal goals and desires, instinctual drives and needs, or dealing with perceived deficiencies. Conflict can also be an internal source of frustration; when one has competing goals that interfere with one another, it can create cognitive dissonance.
While coping with frustration, some individuals may engage in passive–aggressive behavior, making it difficult to identify the original cause(s) of their frustration, as the responses are indirect. A more direct, and common response, is a propensity towards aggression.
To the individual experiencing anger, the emotion is usually attributed to external factors that are beyond his or her control. Although mild frustration due to internal factors (e.g. laziness, lack of effort) is often a positive force (inspiring motivation), it is more often than not a perceived uncontrolled problem that instigates more severe, and perhaps pathological anger. An individual suffering from pathological anger will often feel powerless to change the situation they are in, leading to and, if left uncontrolled, further anger.
Well I don't have the database of Wiki stored in my mind. I know frustration as a feeling of being upset or annoyed, but not of anger.

I'm not angry with you, Catch. Just frustrated sometimes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min It aint necessari... 777,872
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min June VanDerMark 560,366
2003 Silverado 2500HD REDUCED ENGINE POWER (Dec '09) 20 min HIGh ya 132
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 25 min senthil 5,525
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 46 min lovewithin 39,369
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 1 hr yon 4,875
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr neizak 119,688
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Rick in Kansas 265,417
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 10 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 441,810
More from around the web