Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't harass him on it, I know what he meant. I also know how he said it. If you want a baby's attention, all you need is a toy and to speak gobbledygook. You shouldn't make any hostile motions , a tap the way he said it was "offensive".
No matter what anyone else say's I know what he meant, he just said it in a bad way.
Well whadda know, for the first time maybe we are 100% in agreement

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
The "secret gospel of Mark" has been widely discredited as spurious and fake
http://www.craigaevans.com/Morton-Smith-and-t...
""The manuscript has not, therefore, been subjected to the normal and necessary rigors of scholarly and scientific verification. Consequently, some scholars doubt the authenticity of the discovery [TN: footnote cites Skehan, Brown, Quesnell]. Jacob Neusner, who knew the late Professor Smith as well as anyone, has recently described this writing as 'the forgery of the century'. That this epistle apparently (and conveniently) lends a measure of support to Smith's controversial contention that Jesus was a magician, perhaps even a homosexual, only adds to the suspicion that this Clementine epistle may wel be a fake." [SHJ:526-527]
http://christianthinktank.com/qbadmark.html
Actually these are apologetic.

Jacob Neusner, for example, widely praised Smith until Smith trashed his poor scholarship in the mid 80's. Scott Brown details the about face in his book on Longer Mark.

Anyone who relies on Neusner is not interested in passing on reliable information.

The letter has been challenged but never discredited. And after a half a century, it survives and is in act widely accepted.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Jacob Neusner, for example, widely praised Smith until Smith trashed his poor scholarship in the mid 80's. Scott Brown details the about face in his book on Longer Mark.
Anyone who relies on Neusner is not interested in passing on reliable information.
The letter has been challenged but never discredited. And after a half a century, it survives and is in act widely accepted.
Can you provide some of the proofs that show why it is accepted and by whom?

And do you personally believe Jesus was a magician? Regardless of whether you believe the Bible. Do you think that lines up?

But I'm more interested in who has proven this to be valid

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no Christians here.
What do you mean when you say this? I often wonder what you mean.

I once belonged to a congregation that was pretty much full of the Spirit of God.
Could reach right out and touch Him.
I am not kidding.
I believe human nature stepped in and that presence isn't felt there anymore.

The pastor, in a sermon once, said he wasn't a christian by the world's definition of
what a christian is.
He was just a person helplessly hopelessly in love w The Lord Jesus Christ.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes T saw that. I guess that would be the way you walk with a prosthetic leg. How long have you been walking with one? I would think that after a while you would get pretty good at getting around on it. I hope so.
It's been two years now almost to the day. I'm getting better at it. My lateral movement still needs some work when I try to move to the right but I'm not falling down as much.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
The "secret gospel of Mark" has been widely discredited as spurious and fake
http://www.craigaevans.com/Morton-Smith-and-t...
""The manuscript has not, therefore, been subjected to the normal and necessary rigors of scholarly and scientific verification. Consequently, some scholars doubt the authenticity of the discovery [TN: footnote cites Skehan, Brown, Quesnell]. Jacob Neusner, who knew the late Professor Smith as well as anyone, has recently described this writing as 'the forgery of the century'. That this epistle apparently (and conveniently) lends a measure of support to Smith's controversial contention that Jesus was a magician, perhaps even a homosexual, only adds to the suspicion that this Clementine epistle may wel be a fake." [SHJ:526-527]
http://christianthinktank.com/qbadmark.html
Skom
i read those fakes Gospels
they are fraud and scums made by homosexuals justifing homosexaulism as approved by Jesus
what a heck is abominable this fraud and stinks,

they are so deep in their evil sin, then they have enough of courage to dictate God His terms and not changable moral laws since this mankind exist.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I have seen four possible theories. At best some believe it may be valid except claim it would not contain the Carpocration additions

Nobody has proved it is valid

Many don't believe it is

Just some other scholars comments

Patrick Skehan: "...a morbid concatenation of fancies..."[17]

Joseph Fitzmyer: "...venal popularization..."[18] "...replete with innuendos and eisegesis..."[19]

Paul J. Achtemeier: "Characteristically, his arguments are awash in speculation."[20] "...an a priori principle of selective credulity..."[21]

William Beardslee: "...ill-founded..."[ 22]

Pierson Parker: "...the alleged parallels are far-fetched..."[23]

Hans Conzelmann: "...science fiction..."[24] "...does not belong to scholarly, nor even...discussable, literature..."[25]

Raymond Brown: "...debunking attitude towards Christianity..."[26]

Frederick Danker: "...in the same niche with Allegro's mushroom fantasies and Eisler's salmagundi."[27]

Helmut Merkel: "Once again total warfare has been declared on New Testament scholarship."[28]

http://gnosis.org/library/secm_commentary.htm

Can you show me any scholars or experts that put their reputation on the line stating with any degree of certainty this is valid?
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no Christians here.
Yes there are. If I were an atheist, even though Iím not, there would be Christians here.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
I once belonged to a congregation that was pretty much full of the Spirit of God.
I am not kidding.
The pastor, in a sermon once, said he wasn't a christian by the world's definition of
what a christian is.
BS like usual from drank booz old crazy female?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not kidding.
what a christian is.
LOL

Yeah you felt the Holy Spirit but you can't even bring yourself to admit whether you trust in Jesus Christ for salvation or believe the bible

I'm sure you tell your sisters "in Christ" in private you do to keep them happy. But not somewhere that it might cost you allies. After all, Topix is more important to you than your faith

Such a fraud
Fart HU

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
You should share no matter what those two "warriors" for their god might say..
Honestly.
I know why you'd be afraid to share here..
I commend you on your mind your thoughts your heart and your spirit.
No man should ever strike a woman.. RR's story is suspect anyways-
No doubt it happens every day- domestic abuse is a crime on humanity-
- he's making a
joke of it.
yea yea yea
you will drink all day long throw empty bottles at your husband and husband will bend his knee and suck your drank clitoris
he heeeeeee
try to do this to people like me,
I am sure all botles would be like bummerang thrown in return to your drunk godless wicked dissaapointed of RAPTURE you to heaven by Camping.
This is reason,that you are not more christian,now any believer,just POS and drunkard

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
Skom
i read those fakes Gospels
they are fraud and scums made by homosexuals justifing homosexaulism as approved by Jesus
what a heck is abominable this fraud and stinks,
they are so deep in their evil sin, then they have enough of courage to dictate God His terms and not changable moral laws since this mankind exist.
There is nothing i have seen to suggest this is valid

And the biggest argument against saying it is a forgery is people saying its unfair to make the claim after the guy has died because he can't defend it. They aren't even saying its unfair to claim its a forgery because it isn't one

Even the few that think it might be valid think portions in it aren't

And nobody has said they know its valid

Some may still debate it

There is no debate to me. It isn't authentic

And I haven't found one expert that has put their reputation on the line stating it is but have seen dozens say it isn't.

“orally fixated”

Since: Aug 07

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Qu_innocence wrote:
Anyways, I haven't seen anyone use the scientific method to disprove the existence of God yet.
Start with your empirical definition of a god, and I am sure you will find people willing to debate...

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

BenAdam wrote:
Took the Vette to a car show a couple miles away.
Almost passed out, tried not to puke up my meds, then the alternator died and had to get a booster charge to get home. Skipped Topox for almost 24 hours!
I didn't win anything but got to talk to a bunch of friends and realized that what I could have taken as very bad day was one of the best I have had in weeks.
Life, even at its worst can be pretty damn special.
Damn! I don't want to die yet!
You haven't yet- have you?
Keep fighting and find peace in every corner of your heart.

Sometimes I wonder- who is blessed more- those that can say goodby-
or those that never get the chance?

Not one if us can put on the breaks though..

Sending my best.
Thinking of you.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you provide some of the proofs that show why it is accepted and by whom?
And do you personally believe Jesus was a magician? Regardless of whether you believe the Bible. Do you think that lines up?
But I'm more interested in who has proven this to be valid
Yes I can. Those scholars include Ron Cameron, Thomas Talley, Marvin Meyer, Scott Brown, John Dominic Crossan, Helmut Koester, and many others.

More importantly, Smith's claim that Jesus was a magician is unrelated to the Mar Saba Clementine Fragment. If you wanna know why Smith considered Jesus a magician, you'll have to read his book in that subject:

http://www.amazon.com/Jesus-Magician-Morton-S...

But that has nothing to do with the Mar Saba fragment.

And yes. I am a proponent of Secret Mark. I believe it genuine. I believe the canon demands it.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
It's been two years now almost to the day. I'm getting better at it. My lateral movement still needs some work when I try to move to the right but I'm not falling down as much.
I Ďm glad you are getting better. I didnít realize it took that long to get the hang of it. Our friend who has two doesnít use his much. He is a tall man though and I would think that might make it harder.

Keep on keeping on. I really donít see you letting it get the best of you.:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

Slightly Perfect wrote:
<quoted text>
Start with your empirical definition of a god, and I am sure you will find people willing to debate...
Hey SP!

Long time no see

How's life these days?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I can. Those scholars include Ron Cameron, Thomas Talley, Marvin Meyer, Scott Brown, John Dominic Crossan, Helmut Koester, and many others.
More importantly, Smith's claim that Jesus was a magician is unrelated to the Mar Saba Clementine Fragment. If you wanna know why Smith considered Jesus a magician, you'll have to read his book in that subject:
http://www.amazon.com/Jesus-Magician-Morton-S...
But that has nothing to do with the Mar Saba fragment.
And yes. I am a proponent of Secret Mark. I believe it genuine. I believe the canon demands it.
Not that I doubt you believe that to be true but I would like to see for myself what they say and whether or not they are simply guessing or stating itwith some degree of certainty

Do you have any of their quote or links where i can see what they claim?

I am sure i can Google it but i figure you'd know better where to find it specifically. I don't want to spend hours reading through stuff if I don't have to

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not kidding.
what a christian is.
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean when you say this?
I'm a student of Wing Chun. I have been since birth. I know everything there is to know about it. The physical parts of it are second nature to me. Even with one leg, nobody can touch me. I could have been the youngest master ever but I don't adhere to the basic tenets. I tried. I can't.

Just like Christians know their Bible and try to be Christ like. They can't. It's not possible. There are no Christians here.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
I Ďm glad you are getting better. I didnít realize it took that long to get the hang of it. Our friend who has two doesnít use his much. He is a tall man though and I would think that might make it harder.
Keep on keeping on. I really donít see you letting it get the best of you.:)
It's not that hard to walk. Even toddlers can do that.

When I used to move to the right I expected to be there before the though hit my mind. My right leg makes that difficult these days. I compensate.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 572,981 - 573,000 of596,831
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••