Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#599288 Oct 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it right or wrong to willingly take a case defending a known child molester?
Answer my question first.
Roger Viklund

Umeå, Sweden

#599289 Oct 7, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
But you rarely see book titles that have little to do with the overall content. And to me, it seems clear the 'hook' in the marketing ploy is clearly a previously undiscovered gospel that may imply Jesus is anywhere from gay to a magician. Its a very controversial issue and they chose it for the title because of that
If the whole book was about i then that would be one thing
Or if the title was for example "The Secret Gospel of Mark?"
...with a question mark
But to title a book and claim it as essentially a fact puts them in a position where they now have to back it up. Nobody wants to title their book on something false. And again, they chose that as the title because it will be more likely to get someone's attention
That tells me that the main motivation is selling as many books as possible
And that's fine I guess
But not when something that hasn't been through the necessary proofs is claimed as fact and made to look like the focal point of the book.
Is that proof of anything? Not necessarily. But I view it with skepticism based on the self-serving reasons someone would have to be biased. Even if not intentionally trying to be. They may have simply made a claim they can't live up to and find themselves seeing things that aren't really there as evidence of its authenticity. Or things they wouldn't have accepted as enough if they didn't need it to be
JMO
(T) Peace
It is often the publisher who sets the title
Then what do you think of titles like these ones?

The Gospel Hoax: Morton Smith's Invention of Secret Mark

The Secret Gospel of Mark Unveiled: Imagined Rituals of Sex, Death, and Madness in a Biblical Forgery

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#599290 Oct 7, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it BYOP?
Bring Your Own Pickles
I thin the safe side I will shower at home first. Then not go at all because I am an adult male who doesn't engage in slumber-parties with other guys
That may seem weird to a guy who bathes with them but I can only speak for me
Although it would seem one of their slumber-party games will be 'Finding typo'. I am sure they will have fun
:)
You know you did Skumbelina , you're always talking about it. Just tell catcher how attracted you are to him , and how you love flirting with him in a Why Jesus love me thread.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#599291 Oct 7, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer my question first.
What was the question, "what is luck"?

You really me me to answer that?!

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#599292 Oct 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it right or wrong to willingly take a case defending a known child molester?

Well since he was the pastor of your church....
Lost In Transition

United States

#599293 Oct 7, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
And they come into Bethany. And a certain woman whose brother had died was there. And, coming, she prostrated herself before Jesus and says to him,'Son of David, have mercy on me.' But the disciples rebuked her. And Jesus, being angered, went off with her into the garden where the tomb was, and straightway a great cry was heard from the tomb. And going near Jesus rolled away the stone from the door of the tomb. And straightway, going in where the youth was, he stretched forth his hand and raised him, seizing his hand. But the youth, looking upon him, loved him and began to beseech him that he might be with him. And going out of the tomb they came into the house of the youth, for he was rich. And after six days Jesus told him what to do and in the evening the youth comes to him, wearing a linen cloth over his naked body. And he remained with him that night, for Jesus taught him the mystery of the kingdom of God. And thence, arising, he returned to the other side of the Jordan.
-- The Mar Saba Clementine Fragment
Oh my. Looks like Jesus could have been in need of a criminal defense attorney, were pedophilia a crime in the first century.
I buy it.
Anybody that believes that Jesus calmed the seas, or walked on water, should believe this as well. It's just another act in the same play. But just as the first two acts will prove to be a bit deceiving, so will this.
Jesus wouldn't be needing any legal help.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#599294 Oct 7, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm gonna pretend you didn't know that.
For both our sakes.
LOL

A little piece of my inner-child's innocence died when I read that!

JK!

I actually like to see it. People often mistake nice and kind for naive and fragile

Epi reminds me of my sister a lot. Someone I almost forget understands all aspects of the real world but is so nice all the time I almost forget it.

Anyway, that was not a commentary on your post as that made me laugh. Just used it as a jumping off point as well

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#599295 Oct 7, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Well since he was the pastor of your church....
I don't have a church, therefore no pastor.

You were saying?

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#599296 Oct 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have a church, therefore no pastor.
You were saying?
No not you, the other guy.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#599297 Oct 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What was the question, "what is luck"?
You really me me to answer that?!
If you're able.

You asked somebody if they believe in luck.

It helps to know what you're talking about.

Location hidden

#599298 Oct 7, 2013
Roger Viklund wrote:
<quoted text>
It is often the publisher who sets the title
Then what do you think of titles like these ones?
The Gospel Hoax: Morton Smith's Invention of Secret Mark
The Secret Gospel of Mark Unveiled: Imagined Rituals of Sex, Death, and Madness in a Biblical Forgery
Well sure the publisher sets it normally

And why? Because he is the expert on how to best market it and the only concern he has is selling as many books as possible

But the writer has to sign off on it and they clearly did so hear. A lot of times the title is one of the first things decided on. But either was it created a possibility and incentive for bias

Yeah those titles would be irresponsible too. Perhaps not quite as much because it should be assumed fake until proven otherwise but the difference as far as ethics would be minor.

With confirmation either way it should not be stated as fact

And of course there will be a market just as hungry to disprove a possible controversy as there will be to eat one up

I would be less inclined to take those books seriously as well

I would rather see what someone says who is an expert and researched mainly because he wants to get to the truth

But until something is authenticated my position would be it is meaningless as proof or a fact

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#599299 Oct 7, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Its true that because of all the false prophets nobody would probably believe a real one
And many do witness for self, for a notch in the belt like you said
Never was there a better example than Gary. I was disgusted when he told a story about why he never helps out homeless people that are hungry. And not the "i will work for food" scam to get drug money but actually hungry. He said the reason was one time he was going to give a homeless guy the uneaten part of his lunch he had left. But he told the guy he couldn't have it until he listened to all of his "witness". At some point during his long-winded and self-serving tripe the homeless guy got sick of being held hostage to get a meal and turned it down and walked away. Gary used that as an excuse for why he would never give someone food again and even mocked the interpretation of 'feed the hungry' as meaning actual food but said it only meant spiritual food.
What kind of sadist would refuse to give someone the food unless they met conditions? What kind of twisted person wouldn't give him the food first and then give him the choice of whether he wanted to hear his witness? And why would anybody want to hear a word out of someone's mouth about God and love that does something like that?
forget about the pride and false prophet part or the the fact that he was on Topix in the same rooms with the same people right up until the supposed rapture proving he knew it was a scam. This was someone who didn't witness for anyone but himself.
If Christians want to save souls it starts with meeting physical necessities. Someone hungry, in pain, without clothes, shelter, food, etc isn't going to hear any message. And Jesus knew and taught the importance of meeting the physical needs as well as the spiritual needs. Some of these missionaries operate on the same principles as Gary. They prey on people's desperation to cram religion down their throat. That is self-serving and gains Christians in name only
If someone is doing God's will they will help the physical needs without strings attached. They will witness and make listening voluntary. And they will leave faith up to the individual and God. But when they want credit for a "save" or just love the sound of their own voice, the desired ends will justify their means. And the conversion is just a front anyway. They do it to pat themselves on the back. It makes me sick to see help come in the form of forced religion. And even on a practical level it is not effective. If someone wants someone to believe and trust in a God of unselfish love, they got to show that example. Or why else would someone believe them?
(T) Peace
Unreal...
I believe you knew him much better than I did Skom. Dary/Gave was split right down the middle of which-ever deceitful motive was to benefit. I just wasn't one he/they could dupe. Surly that cult proved itself... false.

Souls have the capacity to 'hear', respond and know, as free choice was not given for nothing, so that too should be respected. Whether we are misunderstood or not doesn't matter, as being true to ourselves becomes automatic exchange. Treating others as we would like to be ourselves is not a religious category of commandment given within the Faith alone, but a Way of Life. Religions claim their own by means of their separated doctrines, and cause friction, but there is none in God's True Love. When it comes to the real bride – as there are many false ones there too which like everything, give all a bad name - there is only one. Jesus said 'follow me'... to anyone, and he alone knows who follows thru. So who-ever others are, false will always swallow itself as well as any poor sucker who falls for them. No-one was not given the spirit of discernment. Some just forget to hook up with it in real life.

Looks like a certain some-one needed your comfort? Lol
Seems pointing out filthy, sexist comments is against the Spirit of Truth.
Peace always with Love <3

Location hidden

#599300 Oct 7, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You know you did Skumbelina , you're always talking about it. Just tell catcher how attracted you are to him , and how you love flirting with him in a Why Jesus love me thread.
I sent him a pickle manwich and an appletini to his favorite bath-house with an invitation to come to a slumber-party and play "the penis is mightier than the sword" but alas, he did not respond:(

But I can always dream right?

~snicker

Btw, I gave you a chance when after months you finally made a post that made sense. I'm afraid I gotta relegate you back to 'useless troll' status.

:)

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#599301 Oct 7, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
If you're able.
OMG dude.

Luck is success or failure apparently brought by chance rather than through one's own actions.

There. I answered.

Now you answer mine.

Or stay a bitch and don't.
Lost In Transition

United States

#599302 Oct 7, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>LOL
A little piece of my inner-child's innocence died when I read that!
JK!
I actually like to see it. People often mistake nice and kind for naive and fragile
Epi reminds me of my sister a lot. Someone I almost forget understands all aspects of the real world but is so nice all the time I almost forget it.
Anyway, that was not a commentary on your post as that made me laugh. Just used it as a jumping off point as well
My sisters are a little rough around the edges. I hold Epi to Granny status.
Or, I did.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#599303 Oct 7, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:

No not you, the other guy.
Oh, I....

*looks around*

....thought you were talking to me.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#599304 Oct 7, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not expecting anyone else at the moment.
There is limited space, however. If you would like to secure your spot, you'll have to put down a deposit. I'm afraid money will not be sufficient. You'll have to think of ... something.
I thought River and Lesbo might be!

So, it's just you and me! U sure u won't get scared of me?

I'll do a dare!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#599305 Oct 7, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're able.
You know I asked several people, atheists like you, if they believe in luck.

Not one of them answered.

Imagine that.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#599306 Oct 7, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought River and Lesbo might be!
So, it's just you and me! U sure u won't get scared of me?
I'll do a dare!
I dare you to go to Buckingham Palace, stare seductively into the eyes of a gaurd, smile lick your lips and motion him to you with your finger saying, come and get me big boy..........

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#599307 Oct 7, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
I came naked from my mother's womb.
and I will be stripped of everything when I die.
The Lord gave me everything I had,
and the Lord will take it away.
Praise the Name of the Lord.
To understand is to Love.
I agree - I also want to die naked and in the "down stroke" position. I'll die happy!

:o)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Tellthetruth 988,615
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 hr Tellthetruth 37,310
The American Dream is DEAD DEAD DEAD. 2 hr Johnny 18
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Tony 6,554
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 3 hr Johnny 24
Why doesn't God STOP the world's MADNESS and in... 3 hr Doctor REALITY 10
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr oneear69 688,931
More from around the web