Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#599254 Oct 7, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember that...Was THAT YOU Mac??
LOL
It was an accident!

Rome, I did on purpouse, and a good thing, too.

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#599255 Oct 7, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I have been very honest about what I know and don't know
I have given my reasons for why I believe these scholars would have reasons to be biased. Very reasonable reasons IMO
When I first showed you an opposing opinion backed up by ten scholars you dismissed them as shills based apparently only on a snide comment by an author of a gnostic website
Still, I took it in stride and simply asked if you had any link you could give me that would show more about your sources to save me digging through information. A very reasonable request. You could have simply said it would be necessary to look up each author individually to read why they think what they do. Instead you started with the troll games saying you were my librarian
I still responded civilly and let you know I was asking because i thought you might have a source that showed all their views in one spot
I also got into why I felt these scholars had a reason to be biased.
You then started with the non-responsive answers and insults. I told you I wouldn't continue with the discussion if that's how you wanted to handle it
You also refused for who knows what reason to honor a very reasonable request to link your source on the full quote so I could read it in full context. You kept this game up repeatedly while continuing with the insults
It was at that point i started to respond to you the way I would to anybody acting like a troll
You are the one who had a meltdown because someone dared to oppose a view you presented.
It is really that simple
It's always been that way with CJ. Whenever he gets trapped having said something that he then tries to run away from like he never said it he reverts to his usual tactic of taking a boat trip down the "duh-Nile".

And the funny thing is he doesn't see it. Even when everyone else in the room is pointing it out to him and laughing their asses off at him and the dance he's trying to do.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#599256 Oct 7, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
it's "conscience" not "conscious"[sic] you dolt.
it's one of the basic errors in phraseonomy which has been exposing your sock puppets for the 2 years I've been coming here.
...egads you're a numbskull.
I knew he wouldn't get it.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#599257 Oct 7, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
....
You are the one who had a meltdown because someone dared to oppose a view you presented....
You're pretending.

Now, let's deal with the facts.

You quoted Eyer, apparently not realizing he was using those authors to make fun of the initial scholarly reaction to SGM.

Those are minor authors most remembered for Eyer's use of them in his article. Most are believers, some actual pastors or ministers of various denominations. And none of their quoted comments are scholarly ... that's why Eyer used them.

Brilliant minds disagree about Secret Mark. But brilliant minds who disagree, such as Raymond Brown, rely on scholarship, not the nonsense his footnote pointed to.

You have nothing but a desperate need to reject Secret Mark for theological reasons.

Problem is, Secret Mark -- the Mar Saba Clementine Fragment -- probably is genuine, probably predates canonical Mark, and probably is canonical Mark's ancestor.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#599258 Oct 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG!!!!!!!
You know the difference between conscience and conscious!
You're like a mad genius!!!
Next slumber party, you can teach Skom the difference.

And you still haven't answered my question.

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#599259 Oct 7, 2013
Well Skom it's looking like it's going to be do or die time for the Tigers. If they lose this one it's win the next one at home then one in Oakland or it's all over. If that's how it lines up I'd seriously think about scratching Fister tomorrow and going with Mad Max on 4 days rest tomorrow, then Verlander if they can get it to a game 5.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#599260 Oct 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

Some of these folks have the inability to admit an error....
BenAdam wrote:
Just like you!
Wow! Imagine that!
Incorrect. I have admitted to my errors.

No school today either?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#599261 Oct 7, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
I read on another thread where "Fundiesmacker" recently died. I never posted with him but thought that maybe some of you had and would like to know.
The post only read that it was sudden and unexpected.
Sorry to hear that....Wasn't he and his wife a friend of yours. Is he the one who moved to a farm in West Virginia or Tennessee?

He wasn't that old was he?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#599262 Oct 7, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You're pretending.
Now, let's deal with the facts.
You quoted Eyer, apparently not realizing he was using those authors to make fun of the initial scholarly reaction to SGM.
Those are minor authors most remembered for Eyer's use of them in his article. Most are believers, some actual pastors or ministers of various denominations. And none of their quoted comments are scholarly ... that's why Eyer used them.
Brilliant minds disagree about Secret Mark. But brilliant minds who disagree, such as Raymond Brown, rely on scholarship, not the nonsense his footnote pointed to.
You have nothing but a desperate need to reject Secret Mark for theological reasons.
Problem is, Secret Mark -- the Mar Saba Clementine Fragment -- probably is genuine, probably predates canonical Mark, and probably is canonical Mark's ancestor.
I realized an author of a gnostic website found humor in what he considered over-the-top reactions to it. He in no way suggested these scholars were not very good at what they do and didn't say anything to suggest they were shills. But even if he had, its the opinion of one person. Hardly the foundation for making a sweeping claim that most of them were shills

And it didn't change the fact that ten (or 9 as it turned out) well-established biblical scholars found it meritless. It was a reasonable presentation of an opposing view

In any event, I am done with this 'discussion' as I find it to hold no value and to be an exercise in pride and immaturity

Its actually the type of exchanges I want less of, not more

I have allowed my pride to dictate posts in the past. This was not one of those times for me. It was for you

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#599263 Oct 7, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
Next slumber party, you can teach Skom the difference.
And you still haven't answered my question.
Your type of men do the slumber party thing.

You haven't answered my questions.

Still.

Wimp.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#599264 Oct 7, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
Well Skom it's looking like it's going to be do or die time for the Tigers. If they lose this one it's win the next one at home then one in Oakland or it's all over. If that's how it lines up I'd seriously think about scratching Fister tomorrow and going with Mad Max on 4 days rest tomorrow, then Verlander if they can get it to a game 5.
Yeah

They said in the beginning with how it was scheduled the JV could still pitch a game 5 on regular rest

The way he pitched in game 2 and how Max pitched in game 1 would make me agree that would be our best bet

I like Fister a lot but I think the percentages say JV and Max give us our best shot

It is hard to believe it has come down to this

Its never easy huh?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#599265 Oct 7, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to hear that....Wasn't he and his wife a friend of yours. Is he the one who moved to a farm in West Virginia or Tennessee?
He wasn't that old was he?
I didn't know him. I just read a post of Phaerae's. I have heard others talk about him and have seen the name on various threads before. I just thought someone here might have posted with him and would want to know.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#599266 Oct 7, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
....I am done with this 'discussion' as I find it to hold no value and to be an exercise in pride and immaturity
....
Well, when you grow up and lose the pride, come back.

I'll be here.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#599267 Oct 7, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah
They said in the beginning with how it was scheduled the JV could still pitch a game 5 on regular rest
The way he pitched in game 2 and how Max pitched in game 1 would make me agree that would be our best bet
I like Fister a lot but I think the percentages say JV and Max give us our best shot
It is hard to believe it has come down to this
Its never easy huh?
Did you hear?

Catcher invited us to a slumber party.

He said pjs are optional....

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#599268 Oct 7, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't know him. I just read a post of Phaerae's. I have heard others talk about him and have seen the name on various threads before. I just thought someone here might have posted with him and would want to know.
He actually was a pretty funny and decent guy

Despite the opposing "sides" he and I always got along well

I am sorry to hear about his passing

I appreciated the post letting people know

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#599269 Oct 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you hear?
Catcher invited us to a slumber party.
He said pjs are optional....
Is it BYOP?

Bring Your Own Pickles

I thin the safe side I will shower at home first. Then not go at all because I am an adult male who doesn't engage in slumber-parties with other guys

That may seem weird to a guy who bathes with them but I can only speak for me

Although it would seem one of their slumber-party games will be 'Finding typo'. I am sure they will have fun

:)

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#599270 Oct 7, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it BYOP?
Bring Your Own Pickles
I thin the safe side I will shower at home first. Then not go at all because I am an adult male who doesn't engage in slumber-parties with other guys
That may seem weird to a guy who bathes with them but I can only speak for me
Although it would seem one of their slumber-party games will be 'Finding typo'. I am sure they will have fun
:)
Ahahaa!

Nah, they pla Twister and listen to YMCA on repeat.

I sent my RSVP.

It was a resounding "NO".
Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#599271 Oct 7, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
More yarn on the wall.
My cat likes yarn. Go rays!
Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#599272 Oct 7, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
He actually was a pretty funny and decent guy
Despite the opposing "sides" he and I always got along well
I am sorry to hear about his passing
I appreciated the post letting people know
Sorry to hear this news.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#599273 Oct 7, 2013
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry to hear this news.
Yeah

A lot of people going early these days it seems

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Billary Killed Se... 681,917
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 6 min bad bob 7,698
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min another viewer 982,345
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 29 min Squirrel Pot Pie 123,773
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 56 min Tony 6,371
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Charlie Sheen 286,546
Exit the Jewtrix-Free Conspiracy Documentary 3 hr Sparrow 1
More from around the web