Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#599131 Oct 7, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody but me understands why he did it. I was unfocused and while, at the time it really, really made me mad, I understood what his point was. I will never be unprepared again.
Maybe he wanted you to Focus and get your Attention .....I believe it did both (You'll never forget it)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#599132 Oct 7, 2013
^^^

It was an Epiphany

^^^

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#599133 Oct 7, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
he can't throw a case but he knows he will most likely be giving the defendant an advantage he otherwise would not have.
That's his job. If the prosecution can't show that a guilty man is guilty, whether it is because he is innocent, because his guilt cannot be demonstrated, or because the prosecutor is incompetent, the defendant is to be set free.
Skombolis wrote:
There will always be higher priced lawyers with no conscious that will use every trick in the book to try to get pedophiles they know are guilty back on the street to abuse again.
The ones with perfect consciences and impeccable ethics will do the same. That's they're job. Your comment implies that a defense attorney giving a guilty defendant a zealous defense is unethical if the defendant is not convicted. That's simply not true.
Skombolis wrote:
Why does Catcher need to be one of those lawyers? How could he agree to even try?
He doesn't need to be any particular type of lawyer. Why would he choose to be a defense attorney? Why not?

Fennario

#599134 Oct 7, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Yes its not his fault he may have an advantage over the system.
That wouldn't be an advantage over the system. That would be a professional advantage - a competitive advantage.
Skombolis wrote:
it most certainly is his responsibility to do the right thing. And the right thing is when you've got someone whose guilt you are all but sure of that abuses children and you know if they get out they will do it again
The right thing for the defense attorney to do is to try to win an acquittal for his client. Period. If the attorney plays jury by judging his client guilty and helping the prosecution, he is unethical. Why even have a trial if your lawyer has already tried you in his head? I think you would understand that if your lawyer did that to you.
Skombolis wrote:
what moral person would try to aid them in that? Would you?
If I were a defense attorney, yes, I would, just as I would try to cure his pneumonia if I were his doctor. The opposite is unthinkable.

You have a legitimate concern if the justice system that doesn't protect the public or damages the innocent. But I think your criticism is misdirected. If Catcher's only sin is being a better attorney than the prosecutor, I say blame the prosecutor, or the system that let him/her prosecute.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#599135 Oct 7, 2013
OK

Going to pack and get ready for a small trip for a few days.....Will leave first thing Wednesday Morning.....

Good Bye

Later

Fennario

#599136 Oct 7, 2013
Le_le wrote:
Looks like you're running ... In my heart- you're letting a man w the mind of a kindergartener win.
Sorry you think so, Le_Le. I think we both won by ending the feuding.
Le_le wrote:
When he insulted you - and you started drawing a picture of your world - in defense of your world, I liked reading your words.
Thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed that.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#599137 Oct 7, 2013
River Tam wrote:

You can't. That's one thing I've learned. Another thing I've learned is to never do it again.
We all learn that, darlin.
That's not an viable excuse.
It wasn't an excuse, it's a reason.
There ya go. I take medication for that.
Eventually you'll learn patience and won't needs those meds.
Now we're back to question number 1.
Which was "Do you think there was something else you could have done to avoid being bitten and subsequently hitting a woman?"

Which I answered, walk away from the argument before it becomes a fight.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#599138 Oct 7, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Heh
Or the Packers
:)
HA HA!!

Only if they were from San Fran....

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#599139 Oct 7, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no Christians here.
Where?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#599140 Oct 7, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Awwww.
Don't mock a person for understanding.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#599141 Oct 7, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
I don't harass him on it, I know what he meant. I also know how he said it. If you want a baby's attention, all you need is a toy and to speak gobbledygook. You shouldn't make any hostile motions , a tap the way he said it was "offensive".
No matter what anyone else say's I know what he meant, he just said it in a bad way.
Now this is true, you haven't harassed me about it.

But you do call it "striking an infant" which exaggerates it.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#599142 Oct 7, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
You should share no matter what those two "warriors" for their god might say..
Honestly.
I know why you'd be afraid to share here..
I commend you on your mind your thoughts your heart and your spirit.
No man should ever strike a woman.. RR's story is suspect anyways-
No doubt it happens every day- domestic abuse is a crime on humanity-
- he's making a
joke of it.
Le_le wrote:
No man should ever strike a woman.
Agreed.

And no woman should ever viscously bite a man.

(You forgot that part.)

Fennario

#599143 Oct 7, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
I won't say that this joke was corny. I'm afraid someone would stalk me if I did.
The term "creamed corn" is a little off-putting.

Woman: Cream in your coffee?
Man: Not lately.
Tide with Beach wrote:
I may keep an ear to the ground, just in case.
Tonto (with ear to ground): Ugh, Kemo Sabe! Buffalo come!
Lone Ranger: That's amazing, my savage friend. Can you hear them? Is that how you know?
Tonto: No, Kemo Sabe. Sticky ear.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#599144 Oct 7, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
It's been two years now almost to the day. I'm getting better at it. My lateral movement still needs some work when I try to move to the right but I'm not falling down as much.
Keep drinking that beer, you'll feel like you're leaning to the right but you're are actually standing straight up or are leaning to the left so you lean right even further.

You'll get there, I have faith.

Wait you're talking about inebriation effects right?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#599145 Oct 7, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I'm a student of Wing Chun. I have been since birth. I know everything there is to know about it. The physical parts of it are second nature to me. Even with one leg, nobody can touch me. I could have been the youngest master ever but I don't adhere to the basic tenets. I tried. I can't.
Just like Christians know their Bible and try to be Christ like. They can't. It's not possible. There are no Christians here.
I advise you take what you think about "what Christians should be" off that pedestal.

We're not perfect.

Well, except me of course.

;)

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#599146 Oct 7, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct.
It's not possible.
I believe Christ is in my heart- my very being.
And I will stand beside: the prisoner the murderer and the thief any day before
I will stand with a christian elitist.
Just as Jesus would have done.
Very nice.

Kudos.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#599147 Oct 7, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Well look at that
After a 6 months of staying on the fence and almost going atheist she finally makes a commitment again!
Yet only a few weeks ago you claimed if people betrayed your confidence they just helped to show you the love of Christ isn't real. And a few weeks before that you didn't know if Christ stays in a person's heart
You are such a fraud
What? Why?

She said Christ is in her heart.

Why do you post this to her?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#599148 Oct 7, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
My Master is alive and still untouchable. Your Master was nailed to lumber.
My Master still teaches interactively. Your Master is relegated to a third or fourth party written rendition.
My Master would shake your hand and hug you. Your Master would probably do that too.
Your Master? Who's that?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#599149 Oct 7, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I agree. Humanist/Enlightenment values were a departure from the Middle Ages and its Christian theocrahies.
Christianity is not a place to learn about Enlightenment values like democracy, political freedom, and secular government. It espouses monarchy and submissive obedience, and justice based on the arbitrary decrees of an absolute god whose, will on a specific matter is seldom agreed upon by those speaking for it.
Agreed, the entire bible supports absolute monarchies and Dictatorships with few individual rights.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#599150 Oct 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What? Why?
She said Christ is in her heart.
Why do you post this to her?
Have you not been participating in this thread?
?

You are responding to a post of Skom's that pretty much tells you why he'd
post that.

He doesn't believe Christ is in my heart. He believes I am a fraud that only voices my opinion because
I am seeking approval from anonymous posters on wsjlm.
There you go-

Are you asking him for a run down if his insults/dislike towards me here?
lol.

Just read all his posts to me from last night.
I haven't read them all- just skimmed them.
You didn't read them?
- and if you did - you're still asking the question?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 10 min youareadufus 47,250
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min Rosesz 692,153
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min youareadufus 990,712
Crackdown On Liberal Safe Space 51 min HalloChristmasWeen 1
THE WHITAKER FAMILY of ODD, WV (Sep '11) 3 hr Just curious 78
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 4 hr Johnny 471
TWA Flight 800 (Jul '13) 6 hr Doctor REALITY 13
More from around the web