Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts have been the same since day 1
2nd degree misdemeanor
1 year country jail
Good night Ms Bitter
:)
A year? Holy crap. Did it change you? I tell you what, three days was all I needed to become a changed man. Before that weekend, I thought myself as indestructible and unbeatable. Afterwards, I was a changed man. No more road rage, no more fighting, no more speeding, nothing. Since then, almost twenty years ago, the closest brush with the law I've had was a speeding ticket, 62 in a 55... That's it.

I kept Ephesians 6:11-13 in mind, kept it close to my heart, and used it to help better myself.

"Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand."

I felt duped by Satan, to make me think that anger, violence, authority, size, etc had something to do with making me a better person.

I was totally wrong.

And I've done nothing in Satan's name since.
Jesus aint no Christ

Lansdowne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
I bang farts at your godless idiot face,maybe brown flakes makes you atheistic Apache indian Inch chu na or tupak ju ka Punk,
don't forget rubber hammer to knock your frankenstein flat green head you little sick psychopath
Psychopath?
LOL

Sorry, but you're the one who needs special attention.
You're quotes prove it.

Maybe if you try expelling gas into a paper bag
and then putting it over your head, you might be able to say something intelligent.

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Should a Doctor refuse to treat the sordid rapist or any of the various horrible humans? Should jail be much harsher than it is for them? 3 hots and a cot plus food clothing heat a/c medical, libraries, human rights etc. some have it better on the inside.
I've worked with ex-cons that say exactly the same thing, "life is easier in prison".

Makes me sick.

If a person gets like that, string em up, I say. Like a rabid dog gets the needle, so should some convicts.

“Paul is a confessed liar”

Since: Jul 11

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning Ben;
Tis was a long night huh Ben. Did pinky get you trained last night?? That alternator did not jump on the car yet still on the counter. lol That is the way sammie jobs are they just hang around and wait and never go on vacation.
Pinkie didn't high five me, just kisses from all three of them.

The alternator is in, bunch of five minute jobs with one hour breaks. Will test jump start it after the sun goes down....maybe.

I try not to leave jobs undone, just take my time doing them. <smile>
Jesus aint no Christ

Lansdowne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

dandruff wrote:
<quoted text>
IF I scratch my dandruff to your breakfast bowl, please?add 1/4 cup milk with choped onion,powder psycho meds,mix them as soup flake and eat them during 3 minutes-this allow you to set up all screws inside of your empty box-(skull)in the right place causing higher squicking then before?
How many useless posts do you post a day?

I bet not one of them is close to being coherent.

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody knows that the biggest component in winning in a case comes downs to the defendants ability to afford quality counsel
This is primarily because it is a numbers game
Generally the system is already slanted towards the prosecution for many reasons. People aren't given the presumption of innocence but rather are required to prove it in the mind of jurors, a PD is often under-qualified and overworked, they can offer things in exchange for testimony, etc.
At the same time, generally the better DA's eventually go into private practice. And the state only has so much time and money it will spend per case generally speaking. It is why the system is so punitive to those that take it to trial to try to discourage people from doing it. So the better defense attorneys who have deep pockets and a deep staff can normally outspend and outwork a PA, this giving them the advantage. And they may just have more skill too. It is why people will pay more to get a good private lawyer for their defense
So no he can't throw a case but he knows he will most likely be giving the defendant an advantage he otherwise would not have. And yes another private attorney may do the same. Let some other private attorney do it then. There will always be higher priced lawyers with no conscious that will use every trick in the book to try to get pedophiles they know are guilty back on the street to abuse again. And with the way the system works there is a good chance they will be successful. Especially when the main witness will most likely be a child. Why does Catcher need to be one of those lawyers? How could he agree to even try?
Yes its not his fault he may have an advantage over the system. But it most certainly is his responsibility to do the right thing. And the right thing is when a got someone whose guilt you are all but sure of that abuses children and you know if they get out they will do it again, why moral person would try to aid them in that? Would you?
I agree with you. It isn't supposed to be that way but it is. It is even more of a joke in the civil courts.

That said, it beats no system at all. No, that isn't a justification.

Some of you will live to see it, the USA is going to come to catastrophic failure and it will make Revelation sound like a picnic by comparison.
THAT is my prophecy. No joking or mocking intended.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy crap
What did I say?
If you don't want want to potentially aid a child rapist in avoiding punishment and being able to rape more kids then do NOT take the case
You will save more face by saying nothing further. Trust me on that
Sometimes the court appoints the defender, doofus.
That was the point, when that happens , they have to defend them.
So if and when that happens, the lawyer can't convict the client in his mind, or fail to defend the client. You wiggle alot for a fish in a bucket.

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you imagine how sad that would be if you meant it though?...
It would be sad. Too bad John doesn't know what a good friend I can be. Will concede that the opposite may be true. Stranger things have happened.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. are you familiar with the 6th Amendment to the United States Constitution wherein it states: "In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right ... to have the Assistance of Counsel for his (her) defense." ??..
.. based on your conviction, you probably already know America has an adversarial system of justice. Before the State can deprive an individual of life, liberty or property via its power to enforce criminal law, it must prove the defendant's guilt beyond a reasonable doubt ..
.. to enforce the law, the state employs a prosecutor who has, at his (her) disposal, considerable investigative resources which are paid for from the public treasury. The defendant has the right to counsel (or if (s)he cannot afford afford one, blah, blah, blah ..
.. because the state has vast resources to expend and the consequences of conviction can be severe, the state has the burden of proof ..
.. both the prosecuting and defense attorneys have an ETHICAL DUTY to advocate their client's position zealously. A judge or a jury makes the determination whether the client is "guilty" or "not guilty." The defense lawyer has an ETHICAL DUTY to make the state prove its case beyond a reasonable doubt, to attack any holes in the state's case and to raise every legitimate defense and mitigating fact. IT'S AN ETHICAL DUTY !!..
.. the Judicial System wouldn't work the way it's intended if a defense attorney didn't represent the "potentially guilty" as well as the "potentially not guilty." The "guilty" are separated from the "not guilty" only when the trier of law and fact has made its determination ..
.. it's not up to an attorney to make a call regarding guilt or innocence. In our society of laws, "the process," functioning as it is intended to function (with all the flaws to which fallible human beings can be subject it), is the best form of "justice" a civilized society can construct ..
.. if you think the 6th Amendment is wrong, try to change it. Otherwise, please stop bending our legal system to confirm to your personal interpretation of what makes an attorney moral or immoral ..
I think all that Skom is trying to say is that it's pretty sickening when an attorney voluntarily defends an admitted rapist.

He's speaking to morality, not legality. That's why he's mentioned numerous times about the difference between a public defender that has no choice on what cases to take compared to a private attorney that gets to choose.

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
More story telling, Ben?
What makes you think a cop stopped me??
Your ever changing story.

I think you made the whole thing up. You should write a Gospel next.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Those kids are gay and one of them is black. OMG, one of them is Asian.
Channeling my inner RR.
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
"Channeling my inner RR"??

*facepalm*

Lol

Here, more Sarah McLachlan

http://youtu.be/Hx4RsCfL_fA

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. the problem is simple. Skom dislikes pickles ..
Pickles help keep heartburn down

Well, it's the vinegar but who'd wanna drink it....

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

@RR

Let me put it this way: If you had come at me with a golf club it would be your last swing.

Praise Ballester-Molina!
dogs of war

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
(Matthew 7:1)(Revelation 12:10)(Galatians 5:15)(Romans 2:1)(James 4:11)(Matthew 7:2)(Luke 16:15)(John 7:24)(Matthew 7:3-5)(1 Corinthians 11:31)(John 12:47 & 3:17)(Galatians 6:1)(Romans 14:13)
(Romans 14:4)(Romans 14:12)(1 Peter 2:23)(1 Corinthians 4:5)
justr look at your own mirror and apply all those passages at first to yourselves
i despise women teachers and don't brake law of Bibl of 1 Cor 14;33-35

33/FOR GOD IS NOT THE AUTHOR OF CONFUSION,BUT OF PEACE,AS IN ALL CHURCHES OF TRUE SAINTS(You are part of this confussion sticking always your wicked nose without of any permits and ask you to do so)
go to hell with your female wickedness and mind your always own mother f.....business you litle SOB

1Cor 14;38
IF ANY MAN BE IGNORANT LET HIM BE IGNORANT.

I leave you with your daily stuipd cyber miseries

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. I never struck a woman in my life, even when getting beat up by my first wife.(too long a story and RR and RA will just call me a liar).
What do you tells woman with two black eyes?

Nothin, you already told her twice.

Lol
dogs of war

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

Peace_Warrior wrote:
Part 2 of 2 'dogs of war'– Dr Shrink
<quoted text>
Let me know when your volcano is finish erupting Dr Shrink, because you try to justify yourself. I don't try to.
I never know nor see before – except for the first time in the name you chose –'dogs of war'. So whatever you know about that, I don't even try to... nor do I make war.
But I will – with or without you – comfort a soul which is suffering... and be a friend to anyone I choose.
Jesus did also, and that you can never change in me, even tho it has bugged you from the start.. How... is between me and God.
I just don't see any comfort, love, or anything nice in your words to 99.9% of people. It is not your understanding of God that I question, nor your spiritual path.
It only your crude and rude terms you use – whether against male or female poster in here – or all your fifth that sets no example to anyone. In one breath you say you love everyone, and in the other you cut anyone down for talking to anyone you do not agree with, beside how to send mixed messages and call it God's Love. I write to you only about that. You always say you do not judge, and yet you treat people like dirt. I don't know one Bible verse that tells me to be like that.
Nothing more...
So have a good evening yourself, because a little more of God's Love and Peace never hurt anyone.
If I stand before the Son of God with hypocrisy... you are right up there with me.
I trust next time we meet you will have more to offer than you have here.
If I am only talking to you as a cyber no-body, why are you wasting time saying anything at all to me... or anyone else ? That is just an escape from responsibility for what one writes, except for what I have learned are trolls.
The Son of God gets lots of hugs from me and never complains... why do you complain if I pass them on ? Would you like one too? Are you lonely?
… here you go...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

No-one should treat anyone like dirt!
you are to stupid and to little,to try by me to justify myself before your stupid s.....loud mouth,and kissing a...all those abominable atheists

pleas?don't play court,judge or intergatior to claim that someone looking for own justification before you?
SESH YOU OLD STUPID HUMAN LESS FROM NOTHING

Your cyber delusions makes you sick and mentaly retarded ,
that is all?

you even have not clue who is behind of this poster,
location means nothing you old stupid cow?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
A year? Holy crap. Did it change you? I tell you what, three days was all I needed to become a changed man. Before that weekend, I thought myself as indestructible and unbeatable. Afterwards, I was a changed man. No more road rage, no more fighting, no more speeding, nothing. Since then, almost twenty years ago, the closest brush with the law I've had was a speeding ticket, 62 in a 55... That's it.
I kept Ephesians 6:11-13 in mind, kept it close to my heart, and used it to help better myself.
"Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand."
I felt duped by Satan, to make me think that anger, violence, authority, size, etc had something to do with making me a better person.
I was totally wrong.
And I've done nothing in Satan's name since.
Yeah I think I grew up with some misguided ideas on what made someone a man. I doubt too many people that had never fought before wouldn't think twice before entering a fight that they were outnumbered 3-1 and the other guys had bottles

That is what I tried to focus on. Because at first the injustice of it all was really getting to me. These guys break into our house, steal our stuff, refuse to leave, and viciously attack one of my best friends and I am the one locked up?

I was angry to say the least

But then I started to take inventory of my life. While i never started fights I was always way more than willing to be in one. To me it was about as basic and natural a test of being a man that there was. Two guys go somewhere and they settle their differences and the better man wins the fight

A man is loyal. A man takes care of his family. A man takes care of his responsibilities. And a man isn't so insecure that a slight to his ego causes him to willingly get into a life or death situation over nothing

I saw jail as almost a rite of passage. Until I actually got there

I saw fighting as the test of a man's strength when often times it is proof of his weakness

I took freedom and God for granted

And I was lucky I hadn't killed somebody or I would still be there today

Is it reasonable to expect someone drunk and outnumbered and without a weapon to restrict the amount of force he needs to use to ensure he wins the fight? Absolutely not

But could I have anyway? Absolutely

It took me a long time to admit that. And maybe it would have put me at more risk. But if I had to weigh the odds, the guy I hit was staying hit. I didn't need to put him out.

But I was angry. We were violated and attacked unfairly. A person close to me was hurt badly.

I don't know. I understand why I did what I did. I understand why I paid a price for it. And I understand the road that led me to be the person that in that split-second would not choose restraint.

It was all part of a bigger picture and a bad road I was walking.

Ironically I left violence behind that day only to travel a much more dangerous road

But it has all changed me. And i have learned from all of it

(T) Peace

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
More story telling, Ben?
What makes you think a cop stopped me??
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ever changing story.
I think you made the whole thing up. You should write a Gospel next.
You didn't answer the question.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

BenAdam wrote:
@RR
Let me put it this way: If you had come at me with a golf club it would be your last swing.
Praise Ballester-Molina!
Haha!!!

Many a twerp has said that to me...

I'm shakin in my lil booties over here.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Sometimes the court appoints the defender, doofus.
That was the point, when that happens , they have to defend them.
So if and when that happens, the lawyer can't convict the client in his mind, or fail to defend the client. You wiggle alot for a fish in a bucket.
Like I said, you should have opted for silence

Now you just look like a liar AND stupid

You knew this wasn't about a public defender being forced to take a case and never was it suggested a lawyer throw a case

Trying to salvage some dignity only cost you what was left of it

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 572,741 - 572,760 of596,444
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

737 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min wilderide 679,238
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min New Age Spiritual Leader 511,642
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 5 min Neelakaran 2,913
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 7 min Liam 37,986
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 13 min Harrison Freebird 52,445
Sex ed in middle school (Sep '13) 18 min merlinlover99 5
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 20 min RFD 375
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 59 min wilderide 89,377
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr wilderide 216,278
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 2 hr JACK 216
•••
•••
•••