Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#598288 Oct 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem here is that Catcher has made it clear the guilt or potential guilt of his client makes no difference to him
In fact, he cares so little that he would never even ask a client and he would defend a client he thought was guilty.
Some in some cases one can argue this is ok from a moral perspective. Although it should never be forgotten than even a defense attorney is not supposed to lie (ethics) or suborn perjury.
But morally to try to get someone you believe is guilty an acquittal can be justified IMO either depending on the crime or knowing that the person will face a very disproportionate punishment or you are trying to keep them out of the system for making a single mistake.
Most defense lawyers have certain lines they won't cross though to sleep at night. It appears Catcher has none. Yes odds are many of your clients will be guilty. But could YOU in good conscious argue to get a serial rapist back on the street? Could you try to get a pedophile you believe is guilty released back into the public to rape more children? Because Catcher can and will try to do so for money according to him. All you need to do is hire him and no matter what you did or to who he will try to get you free. If you raped and beat a 100 year old women then Catcher is your man
Its an ugly system on both sides and someone times to survive it takes being ugly. I am not blind to the fact that lawyers will often defend guilty clients knowing they are guilty and like i said, there can actually be decent reasons for doing so. But someone who rapes children and will do so again is legally allowed a defense and will get one ASSIGNED if necessary through the public defenders office. If a lawyer in private practice has no moral lines, at what point isn't he as bad as the worst criminals in society? Anybody that VOLUNTEERS for money to get a child rapist put back into the community owns part of the guilt for his next victim
JMO
No.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#598289 Oct 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You lump all liberals together, eh?
Just like you lump all black people together as "monkeys".
You have often linked all Christians together in a negative way

You have lumped all goat-herders together in a negative way

You have lumped all mechanics together in a negative way

And you often defend or justify when others you are friends with do the same.

So it would appear your only problem is that you dislike different people than RR
Chess

Columbus, OH

#598290 Oct 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a part in that case.
Me too.

But I swear the giraffe wanted it.

Location hidden

#598291 Oct 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a part in that case.
So did the court stenographer, the file clerk, and the mailman

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#598292 Oct 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Defending someone a lawyer believes to be falsely accused of child molestation is a noble thing to do. The stigma alone will ruin lives regardless of the actual guilt determination
Defending a child rapist you believe ius guilty for money, knowing the recidivism rates all but guarantee he will rape more children is probably the third most heinous act a person can commit; after actually being a child molester or an adult rapist. Maybe murder but quite frankly its a toss up.
How does it get more disgusting than to take money to try to get a guilty child rapist back on the street to rape more children?
Somehow I doubt you or HL would be googling articles if your child was raped and you found out the guy that did was back on the street only because his lawyer that pretty much knew he was guilty was able to beat the system?
Has anybody even remotely suggested that someone shouldn't defend a person they feel has been falsely accused of child molestation?
Then how are these articles relevant? The point has been the entire time that regardless of how heinous the crime or how much the guilt is apparent, there is no client catcher would ever turn down and not try to defend for money.
Huh?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#598293 Oct 4, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah you, you, you vehicle serial killer. I bet you are just like
Lizzy Borden.
RR took his club , and hit his car 40 times. Said he had so much fun, he turned and hit your car 41.
lol
LMAO!

I totally almost killed that car.

I'm such a criminal...

Location hidden

#598294 Oct 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Chick cops are the worst.
They all got something to prove and act all badass.
Actually I have met some real cool ones

Although it probably depends on the neighborhood

I'd imagine in tougher areas where the need to be physically self-reliant is more important that there would be a lot of pressure on women police officers and some may very well overcompensate

But as far as normal interaction or tickets and minor stuff, its been the women cops that I have found to be much more fair.

That's just been my experience anyway
Chess

Columbus, OH

#598295 Oct 4, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen dipshit, if you want to fight just say so. I'll just call you a coward for posting as a gray boxer yesterday you imbecile.........
Have at it..........
You are angry.

BTW, I post all the time as a gray boxer -- under Chess or Chess Jurist.

That seems hardly cowardly to me.

If you are suggesting I posted under another name, you are not only angry, you are wrong.

But back to the point, are pedophiles entitled to a defense?

Location hidden

#598296 Oct 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Yes

You said you don't care about the guilt, that you would never ask your client if he was guilty, nor would it matter what he was accused of or if it looked like whether he committed the crime

You also said you would NEVER turn down a client based on the type of person he was or the type of crime he committed

Just like you tried to lie about the bathhouse post, you are trying to lie here

I even eventually let it go saying well at least you were honest about it and you apply it equally although i simply didn't understand how someone could have that position

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#598297 Oct 4, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Lawest,
I was wondering where you were. Good to see you.
HFN
Hey HFN, just step in to see the festivities and to witness that nothing much has changed. how've you been doing.

Location hidden

#598298 Oct 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh?
You don't get the difference between defending a child molester you believe has been falsely accused and defending one you believe is guilty?

Wait, look who I am asking! Of course you don't see the difference

And I noticed your last post you tried to be clever and didn't say what you were claiming "NO" to because you know the back posts exist

Well, you got certain aspects of being a defense attorney down. Just none of the good qualities it would seem

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#598299 Oct 4, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning;
Hope all is well and happy on your end of the huge world.
Still gotten some warm day left but not for long early winter is settling in here about two months too early. This world is ever changing and along with it comes the thought that God never changes. God bless you always.
Good afternoon to you LW, always good to see the friendly faces, many are disappointed at the summer like weather we are having here in the autumn time season, but that is predicted to change over to the seasonal in about a week.

All is well on this end and hope everything is going good with you. Blessings.

Location hidden

#598300 Oct 4, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Hey HFN, just step in to see the festivities and to witness that nothing much has changed. how've you been doing.
Hey Lawest!

Location hidden

#598301 Oct 4, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. I was. My bad.
I was just messing around:)

Ya gotta skim to keep caught up in here

(T) Peace

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#598302 Oct 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
No wait, I think it was "mountain out of a mold hill".
Ahaha!
I think it was ShrinkyDink.
No...it was Lil Whispers

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#598303 Oct 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You lump all liberals together, eh?
Just like you lump all black people together as "monkeys".
Ya. Just like you lump all Christians and rednecks together.

You can't hide your hypocricy here, Catch.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#598304 Oct 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I have met some real cool ones
Although it probably depends on the neighborhood
I'd imagine in tougher areas where the need to be physically self-reliant is more important that there would be a lot of pressure on women police officers and some may very well overcompensate
But as far as normal interaction or tickets and minor stuff, its been the women cops that I have found to be much more fair.
That's just been my experience anyway
Ya, you're right.

I just mean that in **my** experience, chick cops are the worst. But I'm sure there's plenty of good ones out there.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#598305 Oct 4, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Lawest.....How are you doing? Don't you love these beautiful Autumn days here in SC
I guess you and Quin are playing "Tag team" huh?(He just left last week I think)
Hahahaha..........good A Epi, been away for a few months and didn't know that Quin had ever returned ( still can't reach him by phone ) as I said to LW..........we've been having summer like weather here in the midlands for the past week with only the mornings being fall like, fall is my 2nd favorite time of the year behind spring.

How's everything with you?
Chess

Columbus, OH

#598306 Oct 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem here is that Catcher has made it clear the guilt or potential guilt of his client makes no difference to him
In fact, he cares so little that he would never even ask a client and he would defend a client he thought was guilty.
Some in some cases one can argue this is ok from a moral perspective. Although it should never be forgotten than even a defense attorney is not supposed to lie (ethics) or suborn perjury.
But morally to try to get someone you believe is guilty an acquittal can be justified IMO either depending on the crime or knowing that the person will face a very disproportionate punishment or you are trying to keep them out of the system for making a single mistake.
Most defense lawyers have certain lines they won't cross though to sleep at night. It appears Catcher has none. Yes odds are many of your clients will be guilty. But could YOU in good conscious argue to get a serial rapist back on the street? Could you try to get a pedophile you believe is guilty released back into the public to rape more children? Because Catcher can and will try to do so for money according to him. All you need to do is hire him and no matter what you did or to who he will try to get you free. If you raped and beat a 100 year old women then Catcher is your man
Its an ugly system on both sides and someone times to survive it takes being ugly. I am not blind to the fact that lawyers will often defend guilty clients knowing they are guilty and like i said, there can actually be decent reasons for doing so. But someone who rapes children and will do so again is legally allowed a defense and will get one ASSIGNED if necessary through the public defenders office. If a lawyer in private practice has no moral lines, at what point isn't he as bad as the worst criminals in society? Anybody that VOLUNTEERS for money to get a child rapist put back into the community owns part of the guilt for his next victim
JMO
A lawyer must represent his client zealously regardless of guilt or repugnance -- under penalty of loss of his license.

A lawyer who can best represent his client by not knowing the guilt or innocence of that client should not ask and should advise the client against volunteering that information to the lawyer.

It's an ugly system, but it beats most alternatives.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#598307 Oct 4, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
Listen dipshit, if you want to fight just say so.
I wanna fight.

grrr

*flexes keyboard*

Scared?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Karma is a_______ 775,010
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 24 min kent 559,392
Couch Potato Alert 30 min yon 2
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 32 min The Awakener 175,608
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 48 min Grau 119,650
Last Word + 2 1 hr AliceBlue 976
need help to expose my south Asian girlfriend's... 1 hr petjrox 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 265,098
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 9 hr Barnsweb 441,764
More from around the web