Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#598087 Oct 3, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Why do Christians bristle at Harry Potter and astrology? Competing magic is a no-no.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Huh? I know of no Christian that thinks like that.
You seem to be less familiar with Christians than I am. Here's a report of a legal case that I was involved in personally of a Christian patient of mine who refused to work Harry Potter night at her library.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...

Harry Potter is a big no-no with plenty of Christians. Odd that you wouldn't know that.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#598088 Oct 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Topix Poster: I spend anywhere from 8-10 hours a day studying the Bible, the history of Christianity, its origins, and debating interpretations
Observer: Wow you must be a really dedicated Christian. When do you have time to do anything else?
Topix poster: Oh no, I am an atheist. I think believing in God is preposterous and can't believe people waste so much of their lives on something that doesn't exist
Observer: I don't understand. If you don't believe why would you spend so much time on it?
Topix poster: Well, I try to convince anonymous strangers how crazy they are. If I have to spend my entire life centered around nothing else I will do it
Observer: So in all your years doing this, how many people have you persuaded?
Topix poster: Not a one. They mainly just laugh at me.
Observer: Hmmm...well you have definitely shown there are some really crazy people out there!
Topix poster: I know right? Gimme a high five! Um...where did you go?
:)
It is said one spends the most time on the thing that required the most in one's life... For some, if that be to prove a point - and in this case, God, within the Christian frame work - truth is who can?
… and if it is felt that Christianity is a threat to humanity, one has to ask why?

I think of Revelation 19:10...
And I fell down before his feet to worship him. And he saith unto me, See thou do it not: I am a fellow-servant with thee and with thy brethren that hold the testimony of Jesus:“worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.”

I believe there is much to be seen in this Light – that whether or not a person believes – when a prophesy is real and fulfilled – truth is, there is no denying left to sort out or to prove.

Despite the existence of Jesus ever having lived or is denied, how come so many things he said have come true ?
I find such things proof enough that no-one can refute the true spirit of prophesy whichever angle is approached. Then it all just boils down to belief or disbelief on a personal level which every one has a right to.
It seems 'until or unless' they personally have been touched enough to come to terms with such, their right remains.

Human rights are very important to me... and Jesus never denied anyone this. To believe or not to believe has always been a person's right. The rest is an interesting journey - not within the world of false prophecy – there is proof enough there to follow for anyone who has already come to a 'dead end'- but I am speaking of 'living prophesy'. I believe emphatically this exists and is the Living Word.
... and I do feel to even add here... "If any man has an ear, let him hear."

But I won't go on too much here my friend. Just a thought in sharing it could open to discussion. Your post did not go unseen...
Love always in Peace <3

"Up Around The Bend"
There's a place up ahead and I'm goin' just as fast as my feet can fly
Come away, come away if you're goin', leave the sinkin' ship behind.
Come on the risin' wind, we're goin' up around the bend.
Bring a song and a smile for the banjo, better get while the gettin's good,
Hitch a ride to the end of the highway where the neons turn to wood.
You can ponder perpetual motion, fix your mind on a crystal day,
Always time for a good conversation, there's an ear for what you say.
Catch a ride to the end of the highway and we'll meet by the big red tree,
There's a place up ahead and I'm goin', come along, come along with me.
[CHORUS] etc. between

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#598089 Oct 3, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that a racist thing to say? I don't know, i'm just asking. Normally, if i say stuff like that i get called a racist for some reason.
No, dear.

I'm just pointing out the fact that black people are often treated more harshly by police.

There's even a joke about it: It's a crime to drive while intoxicated, and in many states it's called DWI in the vernacular.
It's said that black drivers are often stopped by police, not for DWI but for DWB (driving while black). It's racism, yes, but practiced by the police.

God help us (that's just an expression, not a statement of belief) if RR should ever become a cop.

Fennario

#598090 Oct 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
without the book we wouldn't know the name but it wouldn't affect whether God existed and that we accept certain things the same way we accept any recorded history
Isn't "God" Jehovah-Jesus to you? If "God" refers to any deity or deities, then yes, you could potentially identify such a thing if it exists and is detectable.

But the whole sin and salvation, heaven and hell, crucifixion and resurrection thing is not just any god, but one specific, named god. In the end, you are dependent on the book if you want to call any gods that might exist "Jesus."

Isn't that correct?

If just any god might exist, why worship one in particular? Why worship at all without knowing who? Why pray without knowing that it is heard?

Fennario

#598091 Oct 3, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
You use the term your church. What church???
You're a hoot, Whispers. That's what you are.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#598092 Oct 3, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's all you need to know.
Now don't get pissy with me.
Says who???????? U can't do that!!!!!!!!

Excuse me? I beg your pardon? What did u just say? pissy? What the hell? what? Is that an American term? We would say; "don't piss with me".

Anyway, who the 'ell u think u r, eh? U better know something about me, i'm a peaky blinder and u don't mess with us, u get that, do ya? Or do ya want me to come 'round there and explain it face-to-face??? Eh? I've got peaky blinders recorded, we could watch it together?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#598093 Oct 3, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, dear.
I'm just pointing out the fact that black people are often treated more harshly by police.
There's even a joke about it: It's a crime to drive while intoxicated, and in many states it's called DWI in the vernacular.
It's said that black drivers are often stopped by police, not for DWI but for DWB (driving while black). It's racism, yes, but practiced by the police.
God help us (that's just an expression, not a statement of belief) if RR should ever become a cop.
I agree, I don't think it is, but some white people would say it is. Even saying 'black' and 'white' people is racist too.

You can't even sing the nursery rhyme baa baa black sheep in schools coz it's apparently racist. I think u have to sing baa baa coloured/rainbow sheep! lmao!
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#598094 Oct 3, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, I don't think it is, but some white people would say it is. Even saying 'black' and 'white' people is racist too.
You can't even sing the nursery rhyme baa baa black sheep in schools coz it's apparently racist. I think u have to sing baa baa coloured/rainbow sheep! lmao!
listen little mother f.......immoral girl
if you search for Jesus Love AND HIS SALVATION FOR YOU?

At first stop flirting with such cyber filthy masturabtors like Catcher,seating day by day like parasite,mastubate reading your posts,play to be lawyer,but he isn't even simple punk,
only poor POS babling nosenses around here and every cyber topic,day by day,
like you cyber flirts, one finger in your hole, and rest you use to print sexual perversions?
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#598095 Oct 3, 2013
<quoted text>
You're a hoot, Whispers. That's what you are.
yea
you know this, as next cyber old immoral pig pervert?
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#598096 Oct 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Isn't "God" Jehovah-Jesus to you? If "God" refers to any deity or deities, then yes, you could potentially identify such a thing if it exists and is detectable.
But the whole sin and salvation, heaven and hell, crucifixion and resurrection thing is not just any god, but one specific, named god. In the end, you are dependent on the book if you want to call any gods that might exist "Jesus."
Isn't that correct?
If just any god might exist, why worship one in particular? Why worship at all without knowing who? Why pray without knowing that it is heard?
Skom is dependent on Book Bible,
on what you are dependent you poor sick cyber idiot?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#598097 Oct 3, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You answer to Catcher's crap is to post this? I happen to work in a place where many of our drivers are black. So what? Everyone at our place works smart and its a good team. This is poor friend.
Relax. It's just a joke, Chris. There's quite a few blacks at my work, too.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#598098 Oct 3, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a yes and no now. Firearms is a new category in some or if not most, even beyond "weapons" which could be a stick or a gesture...it's really nuts. Spitting on someone can be considered "aggravated assault".
Did they read you "Miranda" the moment they told you were under arrest or "cuffed" you?...because if they didn't, they already were outside the protocol and law....and your civil rights were violated. If the prosecutor realized it, they would have simply done their best not to indict. However, if there was a docket or case number, it was already too late...you would have "owned" them. Now the only thing else they may have tried to do was what I call the "jailhouse shuffle"..That would entail having you agree to legal representation...which means you would have signed the lawyer's paper...he then goes in and gets the case dismissed before "public" hearing. In effect noone really knows what went on except the inside click...and as long as you signed the jail release, it's a done deal.
It's about as close to illegal practice as it gets...but it can and does happen.
If that's what happened-more power to ya...but you signed away your rights to sue for illegal detainment and civil rights violation.
I would check the records and see the proceeding statements and determination...and all who were involved. In fact, I would have refused to sign the papers and leave the jail without an attorney present if that was the case.
You didn't have to go on and on, you could've asked the question and waited for an answer.

Yes, the read me my rights. So the rest of your assumptions are irrelevant.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#598099 Oct 3, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
oh it's just a game when one of 'yours' throws around racial epithets like "monkeys" and states they should be burned, proudly "comes out" as a bigot, states that non whites are inherantly more criminal...but when one of 'ours' criticises the teahadi's who don't think jesus would approve of universal healthcare so they're holding a gun to the head of your entire country...that's a smear?
Hypocrisy must be a central tenet of the christain faith. LOL
We've been debating Obamacare. There's nothing "universal" about it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#598100 Oct 3, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Miranda is not required where arresting officers are not the interviewing officers.
I don't think he approves of all that leftie pinko commie civil rights malarkey...although....I'm sure he is all for his own civil rights, everyone else.....not so much.
Is that British law?

Cuz here as soon as someone's arrested they're supposed to be read the Miranda rights.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#598101 Oct 3, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
I hit my GF with a long pole, then we played hopscotch and landed on the bed.
We jumped up and down all night , It was fun :).
Nice!

I smack my wife's ass every time she walks by.

There it is. Catcher's right about me...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#598102 Oct 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You can study human interaction with God.
Not if it doesn't exist.
He does exist...

So does the interaction.

So....
udzwon nmetek

Baltimore, MD

#598103 Oct 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Not if it doesn't exist.
SURE doesn't exist only for you,and scums like you live few years and die worse from skunks or brainless animals?

you are realy poor miserable wicked creature
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#598105 Oct 3, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Hey blue ribbon winner of halitosis, maybe Skomby will marry his gal and start regentrifying Detroit?
Obama funds help Detroit,and Obama doesn't need any help and your proposals,government is shut down like poor old bird during huntinig season at Vineyard of Camp David?

mostly rich people cries everyday about Detroit, Obama health care,assult rifles and farts from Obama on all of them included you Pee pee
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#598106 Oct 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that British law?
Cuz here as soon as someone's arrested they're supposed to be read the Miranda rights.
old crip have not clue what is Miranda law?
but british babling makes him complete bloody dumb old chap

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#598107 Oct 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that British law?
Not so.

The Miranda advisements are mandatory prior to any interrogation.

If no questions are asked, the advisements are not necessary.

You may know how to fix a garbage disposal, but when it comes to legal topics, all of your posts have been garbage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min truth 654,691
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Sky King 65,123
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min trumpisachump 974,067
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 35 min ImFree2Choose 2,609
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 1 hr Bran 59
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 281,981
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Steve III 45,318
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 3 hr Toby 862
More from around the web