Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#597919 Oct 3, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Duuh!
Don't duh me, dude.

Yesterday you said:
"Buddy, if you were in jail, you were charged, your rights were read to you, and you are arraigned. That is the beginning of the protocol of "due process".
No if's and or but's about it."

Which is false.

You're welcome.

Location hidden

#597920 Oct 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Why don't you conduct a study of my experiences with God? Let's see how long that takes...
It aint necessarily so wrote:

Done. 0.0034 seconds elapsed.
Now you lie. It took longer than .0034 seconds to hit the reply button...

When was the last time I talked to God or He to me?

When will you start your "study" that you claim is do simple ?
Who do you think you're fooling?

Nobody. I'm not trying to.
We both know that you can't study "God" or any other gods even if they exist. All you can study are words and artifacts.
Wrong. You can study human interaction with God.
When you talk about what you believe, I can't argue with you except to say that I believe otherwise. But when you couch it in the language of fact and certainty, then I have to have a little fun with you. I know what you can and cannot know.
No you don't. How could you?

Location hidden

#597921 Oct 3, 2013
Why do Christians bristle at Harry Potter and astrology?
Competing magic is a no-no.
Huh?

I know of no Christian that thinks like that.

Personally, I think Harry Potter is pretty lame, but I know of several Christians that really enjoy the movie.

It doesn't compete with Christianity at all, no more than The Force does.

Location hidden

#597922 Oct 3, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know a ya, but i'm good!
I'm getting really confused listening to your court case thingy, tho!
I'm done with it.

I've said my piece.

Let's watch Star Trek.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#597923 Oct 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm....
A catcher word jumble?
Yesterday you wrote:
"However, it is in clear conflict with your first paragraph, which is utter garbage.
"..get charged by the court?"
No.
Courts don't charge. The prosecutor charges."
Today it's something different.
Lawyer my ass.
Today it's the same.

And you show that you are incapable of engaging in civil discourse.

Off to the gym.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#597924 Oct 3, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean Daniel?
Guess what? That's my real name.
Really, really, reeeeally? I never knew that! lol

No, not coz of his name. U just remind me of him or he reminds me of u, i don't know!

R u really him, tho?

Since: May 11

UK

#597925 Oct 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm done with it.
I've said my piece.
Let's watch Star Trek.
Ahhh the 'Homer Simpson Lacuna'....."Let us never speak of this again". LOL

I'm curious though...how did someone with no docket number find himself on an inmate transport to the court where there was no record of his name in the batting order...yet he was on the transport list...cuz ya know...they're really quite careful about things like that.

Location hidden

#597926 Oct 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm done with it.
I've said my piece.
Let's watch Star Trek.
Which one?

I saw the new one! OMG!!! I was so happy when the captain died, i was doin' my funky Egyptian dance moves and then guess what happened? They bought him bck to life and i was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, U DID NOT JUST DO THAT! It was a piece of sh*t!

Still keeping my fingers crossed for man of steel.

After earth was more sh*t!! Sooooooooooooo sh*t!!!!!!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#597927 Oct 3, 2013
<quoted text>
I think the point was that even if there is a god named Jesus, that unless he returns again or we meet him in an afterlife, there is no way to know that without a book or its oral equivalent, word of mouth.
By contrast, the effects of gravity are known intuitively by all conscious creatures with a sense of up and down and an expectation that dropped objects fall. An infant cringing at the sight of a precipice knows this even without language or the ability to conceptualize abstractly.
An unbeliever would say that that is because gravity is real, and the god a construct of the imagination.
We expect real things that are not localized to a particular time and space - things like time, space, and gravity - are known immediately by all sentient creatures everywhere capable of dealing with reality as if there is a here and a there, a now and a then, and an up and a down, whether they can conceive of such things in the abstract and give them names or not.
You mentioned history. The elements of history not witnessed directly also cannot be known without a book or an oral tradition. That's because they were localized events involving localized people - things that may have actually occurred at one time in a particular place, but no longer exist today.
Is Jesus a mortal Even if there is a god that we can intuit directly like time,space, and gravity, we cannot know it is Jesus without the book.from the past of some region like the rest of history, or an eternal, ubiquitous, and universal principle like gravity? If the former, he can only be known by a book.
Even if there is a god that we can intuit directly like time,space, and gravity, we cannot know it is Jesus without the book.
You said

"Even if there is a god that we can intuit directly like time,space, and gravity, we cannot know it is Jesus without the book.{"

and

"The elements of history not witnessed directly also cannot be known without a book or an oral tradition."

I don't disagree with either

In fact, those were the two points i was content to make. That without the book we wouldn't know the name but it wouldn't affect whether God existed and that we accept certain things the same way we accept any recorded history

We don't presume history originated from a book simply because that is how we came to know of it.

Although of course credibility would be up to the reader to decide

Location hidden

#597928 Oct 3, 2013
<quoted text>
No, Whispers, that was not an explanation. It was new agey music and kitschy art.
But I did come to understand you a little better. You like the idea of a dream catcher and don't care if your church objects. That's good.
I suspect that you have a little Native American in you given that and your location. In case you're wondering, I like all of that myself and am not mocking you.
Yes that was a explanation all that I cared to share anyway.
As for the agey music and the kitschy art both carry a message.

You use the term your church. What church???

I'll allow you to continue to suspect and paint and sing any type of tune that turns the mind. And No the wondering never made enter.

Location hidden

#597929 Oct 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA HA!!!!
Oh, that fits these atheists to a tee.
I don't think they know more about the Bible, history, origins, etc than most of us. At least not on Topix. Perhaps when this game began but we also have had the ability to learn from others and many of us are up to speed

In any event, I never understood the source of pride that seems to come with the claim or indication that they know our faith better than us. Perhaps for the ones that used to be in it that is something I wouldn't think much about. But for ones who never believed, all it does it show me how much time they have spent on something that makes no sense for them to spend time on

And think of the irony

If religion really was nothing but a scam to control the time and focus of masses. How ironic that it sucked in even the atheists that claim this?

I have seen no real seekers on Topix

I have seen no real Christians go rogue. IMO anyway

And those against it remain against it

So while combating it may be a source of entertainment, it doesn't change the fact that there should be a limit on how much time someone is willing to dedicate to the beliefs of other people. Especially when it doesn't change anything

JMO anyway

And yeah, I was going for some humor too:)

(T) Peace

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#597930 Oct 3, 2013
Clementia wrote:
Really, really, reeeeally? I never knew that! lol
No, not coz of his name. U just remind me of him or he reminds me of u, i don't know!
R u really him, tho?
I'm really really Daniel.

I'm just not a galactic traveler, I'm afraid.

And I don't wear glasses.

Location hidden

#597931 Oct 3, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Encouraging Words....
O God, listen to my cry! Hear my prayer! From the ends of the earth, I cry to you for help when my heart is overwhelmed. Lead me to the towering rock of safety.
Psalm 61:1-3
K-Love
Good Morning Epi

:)

Location hidden

#597932 Oct 3, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm really really Daniel.
I'm just not a galactic traveler, I'm afraid.
And I don't wear glasses.
Hi Tide AKA Daniel! What do u prefer being called?

Oh, I thought u were gonna take me to different worlds and things, doesn't matter.

I have to wear glasses if want to see things far away. There's nothing wrong with wearing glasses, i might be a four eyed freak but i'm still human!

Location hidden

#597933 Oct 3, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>OK. Seem like the billboard is kinda getting back to how it was a few months back we can get back to this.
So now Skombolis---you believe the soul dies in hell after the body dies on Earth?
Of course you know I not agree. For the believer in Jesus Christ as soon as his/her body on earth experience cardiac and brain death and the body immediately starts to decompose---that soul is immediately present with YHWH Almighty in Glory. And for the unbeliever immediately that soul goes to hell to commence eternal punishment and the Wrath of the Almighty.
But reference the verses that you say prove you point and we will take the discussion from there.
Sure

And I originally did belief in eternal suffering as well until I could only find a few verses that even suggest it. The closest one on point was in Matthew 25 but it could simply mean to a place of eternal suffering. And the other ones about where their worm doesn't die but nobody knows what worm means. I have heard some suggest it means sins.

The verses that suggest otherwise to me are as follows

Daniel 12:2
And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, Some to everlasting life, Some to shame and everlasting contempt

James 5:19-20
My brothers if anyone among you wonders from the truth and someone brings him back, let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins

Ezekiel 18:20-22
"The soul that sinneth, it shall die.”

John 3:16
“Whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”.

Psalms 56:13
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord

Romans 6:23
For thou hast delivered my soul from death:”

Matthew 10:28
Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell

Psalms 146:4
His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth, in that very day his thoughts perish

Ecclesiastes 9:5
For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing; they have no further reward, and even the memory of them is forgotten.

Revelations 16:3
And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea, and it became as the blood of a dead man and every living soul died in the sea

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#597934 Oct 3, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like "Ricky Racoon" was in some fermented grapes....LOL
Epi I going along reading post and He popped up on my screen LOL.
My mind grabbed another gear and well mischief sorta just kicked to automatic gear and darn I could not find the brake lol.
Those fermented grapes seems to alter a lot of things. lol.

Location hidden

#597935 Oct 3, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Today it's the same.
And you show that you are incapable of engaging in civil discourse.
Off to the gym.
Awesome.

Go lift some weights.

Work on that insecurity of yours.

Location hidden

#597936 Oct 3, 2013
Good grief

I see people are having icon races again

At what point does someone just admit they have given up?

What is the point?

Does anybody believe someone thinks 10,15,20 people have iconned a post?

All it shows it that we have some mentally unwell people in the room to anybody looking in

Seriously, have some self-respect whoever you are

Even if others don't know, you know who you are

Location hidden

#597937 Oct 3, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhh the 'Homer Simpson Lacuna'....."Let us never speak of this again". LOL
I'm curious though...how did someone with no docket number find himself on an inmate transport to the court where there was no record of his name in the batting order...yet he was on the transport list...cuz ya know...they're really quite careful about things like that.
I don't know.

I DO know what happened, I've offered that up for you to read.

You don't buy it.

Here's my shocked face.

'_'

Location hidden

#597938 Oct 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think they know more about the Bible, history, origins, etc than most of us. At least not on Topix. Perhaps when this game began but we also have had the ability to learn from others and many of us are up to speed
In any event, I never understood the source of pride that seems to come with the claim or indication that they know our faith better than us. Perhaps for the ones that used to be in it that is something I wouldn't think much about. But for ones who never believed, all it does it show me how much time they have spent on something that makes no sense for them to spend time on
And think of the irony
If religion really was nothing but a scam to control the time and focus of masses. How ironic that it sucked in even the atheists that claim this?
I have seen no real seekers on Topix
I have seen no real Christians go rogue. IMO anyway
And those against it remain against it
So while combating it may be a source of entertainment, it doesn't change the fact that there should be a limit on how much time someone is willing to dedicate to the beliefs of other people. Especially when it doesn't change anything
JMO anyway
And yeah, I was going for some humor too:)
(T) Peace
Agreed.

But the atheist will bullshit you and say something like "When your deity is removed from my money and public buildings, then I'll stop whining about it".

LMAO!

Ya, sure. I think they're full of doubt and are here looking for a shred of evidence or decency - something that can draw them in closer to God and/or Christianity.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 7 min Hannah V 1,013
Last Word + 2 11 min Tender Mercies 530
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min Eagle 12 226,378
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 12 min Aadhi Thamizhan 5,324
Gleep 13 min andet1987 67
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 19 min andet1987 465
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 20 min yon 2,427
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 20 min Michael 539,079
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 31 min Insults Are Easier 258,045
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 45 min atheism is destru... 733,160
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Just Think 117,990
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••