RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#597937 Oct 3, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhh the 'Homer Simpson Lacuna'....."Let us never speak of this again". LOL
I'm curious though...how did someone with no docket number find himself on an inmate transport to the court where there was no record of his name in the batting order...yet he was on the transport list...cuz ya know...they're really quite careful about things like that.
I don't know.

I DO know what happened, I've offered that up for you to read.

You don't buy it.

Here's my shocked face.

'_'

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#597938 Oct 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think they know more about the Bible, history, origins, etc than most of us. At least not on Topix. Perhaps when this game began but we also have had the ability to learn from others and many of us are up to speed
In any event, I never understood the source of pride that seems to come with the claim or indication that they know our faith better than us. Perhaps for the ones that used to be in it that is something I wouldn't think much about. But for ones who never believed, all it does it show me how much time they have spent on something that makes no sense for them to spend time on
And think of the irony
If religion really was nothing but a scam to control the time and focus of masses. How ironic that it sucked in even the atheists that claim this?
I have seen no real seekers on Topix
I have seen no real Christians go rogue. IMO anyway
And those against it remain against it
So while combating it may be a source of entertainment, it doesn't change the fact that there should be a limit on how much time someone is willing to dedicate to the beliefs of other people. Especially when it doesn't change anything
JMO anyway
And yeah, I was going for some humor too:)
(T) Peace
Agreed.

But the atheist will bullshit you and say something like "When your deity is removed from my money and public buildings, then I'll stop whining about it".

LMAO!

Ya, sure. I think they're full of doubt and are here looking for a shred of evidence or decency - something that can draw them in closer to God and/or Christianity.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#597939 Oct 3, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. oh, how I cherish you Epi !! Your words are short, concise and ring true. They're packed with simple wisdom ..
P.S. If you want to visit this weekend, I'll cancel my plans and make the bed in the morning.
Try a compliment without the sexual innuendo

They work just as well. Some might suggest much better

Although according to the icons, it was brilliant

That would be scary if true

But I don't think it is

Location hidden

#597940 Oct 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Awesome.
Go lift some weights.
Work on that insecurity of yours.
If only they had an elliptical machine for that!

Near as I can tell on Topix some think the solution is overcompensation

Not sure what is wrong with simplicity and straight-forwardness sometimes.

Anyway, what's up up RR?

I am not back to the courtroom discussion you guys must have had. Mainly working from where I left off. I am curious to see what that was all about

Location hidden

#597941 Oct 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
But the atheist will bullshit you and say something like "When your deity is removed from my money and public buildings, then I'll stop whining about it".
LMAO!
Ya, sure. I think they're full of doubt and are here looking for a shred of evidence or decency - something that can draw them in closer to God and/or Christianity.
I think it is mainly a lack of anything better to do

But who knows

They may not even know e full extent

Could be suppressed rage

Could be partially entertainment

One thing is for sure though and people don't spend the degree of time many do on something with no results unless there is a driving force behind it. Simply a few yucks wouldn't be the reason

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#597942 Oct 3, 2013
Clementia wrote:
Hi Tide AKA Daniel! What do u prefer being called?
I just prefer being called.
Clementia wrote:
Oh, I thought u were gonna take me to different worlds and things, doesn't matter.
My usual mode of transportation is limited in range. We can go to Sea World.
Clementia wrote:
I have to wear glasses if want to see things far away. There's nothing wrong with wearing glasses, i might be a four eyed freak but i'm still human!
Nothing wrong at all with wearing glasses. They're especially cute on cute girls.

Location hidden

#597943 Oct 3, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Be prepared to hear from River Tam.....:-)
I think she will understand why I find it funny

Although they may be what you meant since last time she said she had to bite her lip not to razz Catcher when he said I had him in a bathhouse:)
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.....Good one
:)

Location hidden

#597944 Oct 3, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just commenting on his "Whatever young kids are saying these days"
Ah

Yeah, she would know

Location hidden

#597945 Oct 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I think she will understand why I find it funny
Although they may be what you meant since last time she said she had to bite her lip not to razz Catcher when he said I had him in a bathhouse:)
<quoted text>
:)
5 icons in 2 minutes?

I didn't think that was possible for someone to log in and out that quick! They must really be on their "game" today

Just nuts!!

When someone looks at which ones and the number it actually paints a pretty clear trail. Like a certain poster ALWAYS get more positives than anyone else and the posts of people that poster gets along with seems to always have a normal number while the ones of people the poster doesn't get stacked in minutes

Who oh who could it be?

LOL

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#597946 Oct 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Fail. You're talking about geological and biological similarities, I'm not.
Just because America and Libya have oxygen speaks nothing to their national differences. That's like saying the Babylonian religions and Christianity are the same because they both use words...
<quoted text>
I have no problem with that, either.
And I don't know what "damage" you're referring to.
<quoted text>
Woah there!! I am not at all anti-gay. Why do you have to say that?!
Also, why do you assume Christianity "made" me misogynistic? Why don't you factor in other possibilities?
<quoted text>
Bullshit.
Or horse shit.
I can't decide.
<quoted text>
The sum total of me comes from more influence than just Christianity. I don't live in a little Christian bubble and go around thumping Bibles all day long.
I'm more than that.
I thought you knew...
Well HL said your brain has been wired since a child so now that has become the party line

Of course no explanation for how someone programs their brains to think different;y

No explanations for how someone like me left the faith and came back

No explanations for people like Ians who joined as an adult then left

No explanation for people who joined as an adult and stayed

But yes, the new party line is your brain was wired and you had no choice

As for the rest, of course there are hundreds of different reasons and the least likely is Christianity had anything to do with your thinking on race or gender

Its a sociological copout spoken from ignorance for someone who doesn't understand what shapes people's views on these issues but wants to blame the faith

Location hidden

#597947 Oct 3, 2013
Opps

HFY said it (the brain being wired)

HL just has repeated it

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#597948 Oct 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
If only they had an elliptical machine for that!
Near as I can tell on Topix some think the solution is overcompensation
Not sure what is wrong with simplicity and straight-forwardness sometimes.
Anyway, what's up up RR?
I am not back to the courtroom discussion you guys must have had. Mainly working from where I left off. I am curious to see what that was all about
Oh, I was just explaining my one dealing with the court system and an arrest I had. The "lawyers" in here didn't like it much that I somehow snuck through the system.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#597949 Oct 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is mainly a lack of anything better to do
But who knows
They may not even know e full extent
Could be suppressed rage
Could be partially entertainment
One thing is for sure though and people don't spend the degree of time many do on something with no results unless there is a driving force behind it. Simply a few yucks wouldn't be the reason
I find it very hard to believe that people would invest so much of their time and effort on something they claim to not believe in.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#597950 Oct 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Well HL said your brain has been wired since a child so now that has become the party line
Of course no explanation for how someone programs their brains to think different;y
No explanations for how someone like me left the faith and came back
No explanations for people like Ians who joined as an adult then left
No explanation for people who joined as an adult and stayed
But yes, the new party line is your brain was wired and you had no choice
As for the rest, of course there are hundreds of different reasons and the least likely is Christianity had anything to do with your thinking on race or gender
Its a sociological copout spoken from ignorance for someone who doesn't understand what shapes people's views on these issues but wants to blame the faith
LOL

"the party line"

So true. These "freethinkers" follow anyone they think has a smidgeon of common sense and claims to have a higher education. And, of course, is not a Christian.

So HFY says we're hard-wired from childhood, the rest say "ok, HFY. You're the best so I'll fo along with that!"

Ugh

The freethinking community makes me laugh.

Location hidden

#597951 Oct 3, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad about Stewie, Epi..........She was way to young..........
What happened to Stewie

Although from context it sounds like she died?

What the heck is going on lately?

People are dropping left and right

Just one more reason to keep things in perspective

(T) Peace

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#597952 Oct 3, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
....I understand you're incapable of anything other than solipsistic word vomit.
You are pushing this too far off the edge. The Self exists within the physical body.

Self is not the only thing that exists. For one, many Selfs exist - we each have this consciousness or being.

My belief.

You choose not to accept that what you do is by your own will. Fine - you get to make this choice. It is still Self.

You seem to think that the Self does not exist.

Consciousness exists. It is automatic for us, and we can hone and focuss this "energy" to what we choose.

Only thing is required - is to make a choice to accept it.

No religion required.

Location hidden

#597953 Oct 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I was just explaining my one dealing with the court system and an arrest I had. The "lawyers" in here didn't like it much that I somehow snuck through the system.
I saw Catcher say if charges are dismissed there is nothing to expunge

As usual he is wrong

There will still be a record of the arrest

There will still be a record that someone was charged

When charges are dismissed there is no conviction on someone's record. It doesn't mean there are no records of everything that led up to that

And yes one can petition the court to have an arrest record, not a conviction, expunged

He needs to stop pretending to know things he doesn't. Clearly trial law is one of those things. He doesn't practice it and he doesn't know it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#597954 Oct 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
My childhood experiences used to be a big part of who I am as a person, but I've had to learn how to grow up and let most of the nonsense go.
The man I am today is because of my adulthood moreso than my choldhood.
But that's just me, I fully understand that a lot of people cling to their childhood experiences and integrate them into their daily lives as adults.
I'll never grow-up - I'm a Toys R Us kid!

:o)

Mark 10:15

Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.

Who's up for a game of "Cards Against Humanity" or "Passout"?
http://cardsagainsthumanity.com/

:o)

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#597955 Oct 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh?
I know of no Christian that thinks like that.
Personally, I think Harry Potter is pretty lame, but I know of several Christians that really enjoy the movie.
It doesn't compete with Christianity at all, no more than The Force does.
Do some research...

"In the United States, calls for the books to be banned from schools have led to legal challenges, often on the grounds that witchcraft is a government-recognised religion and that to allow the books to be held in public schools violates the separation of church and state."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_debate...

I worded for a school system for several years. While the community was fairly progressive they still had parents that tried to get the book banned from the school libraries. The school board said...No.

Location hidden

#597956 Oct 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
"the party line"
So true. These "freethinkers" follow anyone they think has a smidgeon of common sense and claims to have a higher education. And, of course, is not a Christian.
So HFY says we're hard-wired from childhood, the rest say "ok, HFY. You're the best so I'll fo along with that!"
Ugh
The freethinking community makes me laugh.
It cracks me up just how quickly it is assimilated and how it is said with such conviction

If someone reading didn't know, they would assume this person had this view their entire life and didn't just merely copy it as soon as they heard someone else say it

But it the reason you will never see any more detail or explanation

What I don't get is they know we know the source. They know we know they are just copying what someone else said

What is the point?

Although if I asked that I would then have to ask what is the point of a lot of things on Topix and that's a whole mess I don't even want to get into

(T) Peace

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 5 min Just Think 17,380
Play "End of the Word" ..... Part 2 (Dec '16) 20 min andet1987 86
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Buck Crick 983,251
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Tony 6,421
K9.....remembering.... 3 hr knightsdolive 1
getting pregnant by much older man 3 hr knightsdolive 2
Black women White men Dating Site (May '14) 7 hr lovekiki 13
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 hr Robert F 683,926
More from around the web