“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#597673 Oct 2, 2013
<<continued to MisterCharrington>>
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a presumption of innocence(nothing happened) the default position, which can be rebutted with adequate evidence of the correct type. Effective rebuttal attracts a verdict of guilty(there is a demonstrable result of the act(or ommission)).
You are failing to represent your side.
Can you provide evidence that supports your position?
Or are you going to just quote people?
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no verdict of innocent; there is a verdict of not guilty if the rebuttal of the default negative position was unsuccessful.
So. We aren't talkign about verdicts, so please try to stay focussed.
We are talking about a spiritual phenomenon that many people believe to exist.
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Am I agnostic? No I'm an atheist, we may not know everything about reality but we know enough to say that a god/gods/supernature are not represented anywhere in reality which would by default make them unreal and highly unlikely to the degree that they can be disregarded.
"are not represented anywhere in reality"
- Odd that you would conclude this, when there has been many references throughout history by many people.
But just because you say it is false, it must be. And to promote this, you expect others to show you otherwise. Odd.
Odd, in that you cannot even support your own position, but expect others to do theirs.
Self.
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism isn’t a worldview btw, atheism is a single position on a single issue. Atheism requires no faith, belief, worship, ritual or veneration.
Thanks for the explanation.
Then you are not Atheist, as you believe that the supernatural world does not exist.
You are jsut a human, huh? With no beliefs in anything.
DOH!!
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not honestly believe that you have no proof of anything if you haven’t experienced it first hand. That is a juvenile tactic which looks juvenile. If that’s the case then the Napoleonic Wars never happened.
I believe, because I believe I have had a first-hand experience.
Since it appears that you have not, I can truly understand your position. It isn't juvenile either.
What is juvenile is you have already made a conclusion upon someone you have never met, know nothing about, and all because you believe differently.
That is juvenile and very immature.
"My belief in nothing is better than your belief in something."
That is how you are sounding.
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing of your mental 'self' which projects beyond your 'self',(rather like god/gods/the faerie folk) or has any affect beyond what goes on in your ‘self’.
You just presented evidence that shows otherwise - you posted freely using your own thoughts. This is Self.
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
What you're describing is wilful subscription to comfortable and cosy thoughts, not reality.
Untrue.
You posted and that was a moment in reality.
My view is that you haven't studied the Self.
LineDazzle

Manchester, UK

#597674 Oct 2, 2013
...Once a court case has been passed, they don't change the court decision.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#597675 Oct 2, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd like to know how he "settled out of court" on a criminal case.
Do the police in the US actually hand the contact details of the victims to their alleged asailant? Seems a little unsafe to me.
His story changes with every post.

Not only is RR a liar, he isn't even good at it.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#597676 Oct 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Fail.
.. this is not a test; nobody passes or fails ..
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Fail. You're talking about geological and biological similarities, I'm not.Just because America and Libya have oxygen speaks nothing to their national differences.
.. yes, the cultures are differ but both can sustain life therefore there is a correlation which cannot be easily dismissed with a simple 'fail'..
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's like saying the Babylonian religions and Christianity are the same because they both use words...
.. they use identical symbology so, again, it cannot be easily dismissed with a indignant 'fail'..
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And I don't know what "damage" you're referring to.
.. from religion causing damage to the brain (1) to alienating and killing people in the name of a belief ..

(1) http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm...
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Woah there!! I am not at all anti-gay. Why do you have to say that?!
.. I did't say it, your posts say it. Same thing applies to Ben's recent post about a man sucking c*ck. Along with being anti-gay, it's misogynistic and objectifies women ..

.. why don't male-to-male insults include, "You probably lick p*ssy." Think about it before a quick quip ..
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, why do you assume Christianity "made" me misogynistic? Why don't you factor in other possibilities?
.. fair enough. There are other possibilities but, along with being a cultural constraint, it's also biblical ..
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit.
Or horse shit.
I can't decide.
.. OK ..
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The sum total of me comes from more influence than just Christianity. I don't live in a little Christian bubble and go around thumping Bibles all day long.
I'm more than that.I thought you knew...
.. yes, you're more than you realize; you're the perfect expression of 'what is.' Can I change it? No. Can you change it? Yes. It's a matter or erasing the embedded tapes in your brain that continue to replay; tapes that insult humanity ..

.. they sound like this: "Blacks are violent," "Gays are not normal," and " Women are dumb." It's really up to you ..

Albuquerque, NM

#597677 Oct 2, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
One article where Bill Gates mentions 'god' and the religious go nuts, Bill Gates now sells vaccines not software, he needs an angle.
Steve Jobs died from a completely treatable form of cancer prefering to treat it...'holistically'. Steve Jobs was and is a guru to many however sadly for him he became his own guru. He should have studied oncology rather than eastern mysticism and he'd probably still be here.
Tell me how you demonstrate the intangible?
I think I can sum up your belief system in 6 words;
"WOULDN'T IT BE COOL IF..."
We were talking about the perception of people who have caused that perception to be a success, instead of "mentally ill" as you think Bill Gates and Steve Jobs were.

Stop twisting and back-peddling - you'll look foolish.

"Tell me how you demonstrate the intangible?"
- a thought/idea is an intangible. Making it happen by creating from that thought.

Are you really this ignorant, or just like to act this one to see how others respond?

NOTE: thoughts are intangible and are put into action by someone doing another action that normally is an actual action, you know, like building a computer or creating an algorythim.

You do understand this process, right?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#597678 Oct 2, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know my thoughts on death. You only know my thoughts on your unhealthy preoccupation with it, and the central place you give it in your worldview.
<quoted text>
If you still don't know, I don't think I can explain it to you.
<quoted text>
A dump is also ethical, can be painful, and sometimes needs help with its passage. You don't understand the simple,so you won't understand this however much I expand on it.
<quoted text>
As I said, you don't know my philosophy of death and dying, just my opinion of yours.
Yes I do know your views on death and dying---you told me and the billboard not even 24hrs ago. You said-

"the greasy dump you take at the end"?

That is how you view death. That's very odd considering you >claim< you're a doctor that use to treat terminal ill patients.

Millions of terminally ill people do no look at death as "the greasy dump you take at the end"

Millions of terminally ill people see death as dignified, ethical, in some cases even moral and legal.

My views on Death is that it's a subject that is quite relevant and even mandatory when discussing Religion and the pros or con of the existence of an Almighty Deity. That's pretty standard stuff.

Your views on Death is not standard. But quite >contradictory< really considering your former profession. Something is very fake and off about your internet persona "it aint necessarily so".

Albuquerque, NM

#597679 Oct 2, 2013
typo - missing word:

was - by creating from that thought

s/b by creating something from that thought

Albuquerque, NM

#597680 Oct 2, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
So when are we going to see you demonstrate the intangible?
I await this with great anticipation!
I am doing it right now.

When are you going to realize that Steve Jobs and Bill Gates' perceptions were successes and not just ravings of the mentally ill?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#597681 Oct 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Comparing the Babylonian religions to Christianity based on apparent correlations is like saying Libya is just like America because they're both a nation.
Nope. It's more like comparing Libya to America period. They can compared and contrasted like any two things. Some pairs of things are more alike than different, and some more different than alike. Each pair will have features that are the same, and features that are different, the relative number and significance of these determining whether they are more logically grouped together (toads and frogs) or separately (galaxies and the theme from The Twilight Zone)

The ancient religions of Mesopotamia and the Levant are very comparable in many ways. The chief differences today relate to the fact that some have died and some survive.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#597682 Oct 2, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd like to know how he "settled out of court" on a criminal case.
Do the police in the US actually hand the contact details of the victims to their alleged asailant? Seems a little unsafe to me.
Is vandalism considered a criminal case?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#597683 Oct 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
He'll have an "explanation" for that one too.
He also said he wasn't charged with assault with a deadly weapon.
Then he said the court "dropped" it to vandalism.
Dropped what?
Dropped the arrest charge.

If this is complicated for you, that people can get arrested on one charge and the court change it to a different charge, then you're lying about being an attorney.

Albuquerque, NM

#597684 Oct 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes, your illustration didn't undermine your argument. It just failed to support it.
But don't write off sweating as an act of will so quickly. I'm sure that there are people that can do it or that can train themselves to do it. What's harder for many of us is to believe something that we find unbelievable as an act of free will.
I didn't bring in teh "sweat" thing anyhow - that was MC who did.

I was just trying to explain to the gent that we were discussing "perception" and how it applies to the Self. I trued to push it off with saying the physical aspect of sweating, incorrectly as you have corrected me, but that was all.

No biggie - I've moved on.

Self.

Albuquerque, NM

#597686 Oct 2, 2013
<quoted text>
But don't write off sweating as an act of will so quickly. I'm sure that there are people that can do it or that can train themselves to do it. What's harder for many of us is to believe something that we find unbelievable as an act of free will.
ya know - you could be correct - as many different people have some very wierd abilities.

Why not "sweating upon command" be one of them.

One could affiliate this command with "panicking" or being under pressure - an action that we place ourselves in at times.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#597687 Oct 2, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are lying once again.
You were found not guilty ? Was the judge drunk or stupid ?
The case was dismissed and all charges dropped.

And my record expunged.

With Established Harem

#597688 Oct 2, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. I see it that way because the word "buckwheat" has racial connotations and is a slur ..
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So does "redneck", but I don't see it that way.
Capisce?
.. words have power. To abuse their power abuses humanity ..

.. you now know Buckwheat is a racial slur so every effort should be made not to use this word as a slam ..

.. you've probably been exposed to many words that have negative connotations. If you hear the words 'slut' and 'whore, the female gender probably enters your mind. This is not your fault. Your father, grandfather, relatives, schoolmates and friends use such adjectives to describe women and they became acceptable to you ..

.. again, with knowledge, you can understand why words are important. Select them carefully or ignore the implications and possible condemnation. It's your choice ..

With Established Harem

#597689 Oct 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>**PORTIONS SNIPPED**
Are you especially influenced by your childhood experiences?
.. absolutely. It's part of who I am ..

With Established Harem

#597690 Oct 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
**PORTIONS SNIPPED**We humans use this thing called a brain. That's how we get to know God. It's the best (and currently only) tool to study God with.
.. you study theology (brain activity) and experience a God (spiritual activity)..

.. sorry for being so hard on you today; you're not thinking things through ..

With Established Harem

#597691 Oct 2, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't derogatory. Why do you have a problem with me exposing your homosexuality ?
.. calm down Duane. Do you realize what you're doing? Mull it over ..

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#597692 Oct 2, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. I see it that way because the word "buckwheat" has racial hey became.........again, with knowledge, you can understand why words are important. Select them carefully or ignore the implications and possible condemnation. It's your choice ..
Hiya Lesbo!!:-)

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#597693 Oct 2, 2013
You mean the study of the bible, archeological artifacts, and a handful of ancient historians
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I mean the study of God & Jesus. Which is why I said the study of God & Jesus.
You mean study the actual god itself rather than words? That shouldn't take long. You can do that and still have time to study Zeus before you finish you're brushing your teeth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min TheInterference 830,522
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 9 min RiccardoFire 40,229
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min June VanDerMark 585,886
Is Joel Osteen a HYPOCRITE CHRISTIAN?? 24 min WasteWater 3
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 25 min WasteWater 5,822
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 29 min WasteWater 270,837
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 32 min WasteWater 99,273
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 39 min WasteWater 3,670
More from around the web