Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#597700 Oct 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
To those of us, you know.- the billions and billions of us, that have experienced God, there's no denying His existence.
Yes, I understand how faith works, and what kinds of things it teaches you to think and say.

What you experienced was your mind.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
He does answer prayer.
Nope, at least not when anybody's checking. It's been proven
RiversideRedneck wrote:
God has no observable effect TO YOU
Your love of your wife is something I cannot observe, although you have absolutely no doubt in your mind that the love is very real.
Good analogy. Like your god, my love has no existence outside of my head. It's a creation of my mind.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#597701 Oct 2, 2013
Clementia wrote:
Hiya Lesbo!!:-)
You remind me of someone.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#597702 Oct 2, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. this is not a test; nobody passes or fails ..
.. yes, the cultures are differ but both can sustain life therefore there is a correlation which cannot be easily dismissed with a simple 'fail'..
.. they use identical symbology so, again, it cannot be easily dismissed with a indignant 'fail'..
Fair enough. I retract the "fail" part.

I think that America and Libya can be called "the same" as much as a Babylonian religion and Christianity can.
.. from religion causing damage to the brain (1) to alienating and killing people in the name of a belief ..
(1) http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm...
I'm an optimist, so...
.. I did't say it, your posts say it. Same thing applies to Ben's recent post about a man sucking c*ck. Along with being anti-gay, it's misogynistic and objectifies women ..
.. why don't male-to-male insults include, "You probably lick p*ssy." Think about it before a quick quip ..
Bullshit.

Ben made a derogatory, insulting homophobic comment about me eating cock all day long and you said nothing to him. Instead you called ME anti-gay.
For the record, I don't appreciate that.
.. fair enough. There are other possibilities but, along with being a cultural constraint, it's also biblical ..
Thank you.
.. yes, you're more than you realize; you're the perfect expression of 'what is.' Can I change it? No. Can you change it? Yes. It's a matter or erasing the embedded tapes in your brain that continue to replay; tapes that insult humanity ..
.. they sound like this: "Blacks are violent," "Gays are not normal," and " Women are dumb." It's really up to you ..
Those DO sound bad, especially when taken out of context. I think too many people are too soft nowadays and when they see someone write something like "blacks are violent", they get all up in arms about it. I can't control how people feel.
Also, I refuse to join the politically correct club.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#597704 Oct 2, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. It's more like comparing Libya to America period. They can compared and contrasted like any two things. Some pairs of things are more alike than different, and some more different than alike. Each pair will have features that are the same, and features that are different, the relative number and significance of these determining whether they are more logically grouped together (toads and frogs) or separately (galaxies and the theme from The Twilight Zone)
The ancient religions of Mesopotamia and the Levant are very comparable in many ways. The chief differences today relate to the fact that some have died and some survive.
.. there's an underlining factor in RR's logic - America is great, Libya is a mess ..

.. this mindset is also reflected in his religious beliefs - Christianity is great, ancient religions are a mess ..

.. the denial system is tricky; we're always the last one to know ..

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#597705 Oct 2, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
I personally believe the soul dies a natural death in hell after the body dies on Earth. But that is not a widely held belief (even though i feel I have the verses to support it) so there may always be some conflict over the justness of going to hell for unbelief. That just may always be the elephant in the room. But i personally dont like getting in discussions about the bad with critics if i feel like the only motivation is to try to rub something in my face.
(T) Peace
OK. Seem like the billboard is kinda getting back to how it was a few months back we can get back to this.

So now Skombolis---you believe the soul dies in hell after the body dies on Earth?

Of course you know I not agree. For the believer in Jesus Christ as soon as his/her body on earth experience cardiac and brain death and the body immediately starts to decompose---that soul is immediately present with YHWH Almighty in Glory. And for the unbeliever immediately that soul goes to hell to commence eternal punishment and the Wrath of the Almighty.

But reference the verses that you say prove you point and we will take the discussion from there.
Jesus aint no Messiah

Upper Darby, PA

#597706 Oct 2, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I think the point thats being missed is that there is a big difference between knowledge of a name coming from being recorded in a book and the existence of something having a boof for its origin. Gravity exists. If someone didnt think to name it gravity it would still exist. But because someone did that is what it is called. God would exist without the Bible. And if nobody wrote down Jesus told us it is God the Father we might not know to call him that but He would still exist. Jesus lived and preached what has been written in the Bible. Historians outside the faith confirm he taught and his followers believed him to be the Son of God. We know about it becsuse of a book, much like we know anything about history. But God nor Christianity came from a book. But that is how we learned of them
Oh good. Then this means that Jesus aint no messiah, probably just a naughty boy.

With Established Harem

#597708 Oct 2, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Hiya Lesbo!!:-)
.. hi ya Clem ..

.. did you receive the scarves I sent you ??..

.. are you preparing the bedroom for my arrival ??..

P.S. Don't forget the candles.

P.S.S. Have Catcher recommend a fine wine.

P.S.S.S. I promise you'll still be a virgin.

With Established Harem

#597709 Oct 2, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you have any dinosaur toys?
.. once again, I can't top that ..

<< silence from HL >>
Jesus aint no Messiah

Upper Darby, PA

#597710 Oct 2, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Although to be clear, the legality is not my focus as the important issue would be if it waa copied. I would like to see for myself what it was copied from. Not simply the published guesses of a researcher but an actual Bible or spiritual texts of another religion predating Christianity. After that naturally I would need to see some evidence someone in Christianity knew about it and copied it and created Christianity's origins from it. I think those are fair requests. But the source that was supposedly plagerized would be where it would have to start
Hi.
It's a known fact that the Hebrews plagarized, however not word for word, the Adam and Eve story from the ancient religious texts of Sumer.
Many other of their stories wre also borrowed from them.
Christianity only borrowed their stories from the jews.

Fennario

#597712 Oct 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Spelling question:
Is it "naive" or "naïve"?
I think that both are acceptable by now, especially since the umlaut (diaeresis, technically - umlauts look the same but have a different function) is not found on every keyboard.[My Spanish këÿböärd has it]

The mark is there to indicate that the vowels are not a unitary diphthong as they are in a word like "waive," in which case the two words would rhyme, but rather that they are pronounced separately and sequentially.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#597713 Oct 2, 2013

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#597714 Oct 2, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:

.. words have power. To abuse their power abuses humanity ..
.. you now know Buckwheat is a racial slur so every effort should be made not to use this word as a slam ..
.. you've probably been exposed to many words that have negative connotations. If you hear the words 'slut' and 'whore, the female gender probably enters your mind. This is not your fault. Your father, grandfather, relatives, schoolmates and friends use such adjectives to describe women and they became acceptable to you ..
.. again, with knowledge, you can understand why words are important. Select them carefully or ignore the implications and possible condemnation. It's your choice ..
Like I said, I don't see buckwheat as a racial slur, I see it as a negative slur.

I wouldn't demean Buckwheat that way, he ws funny as hell. Remember Eddie Murphy doing the Buckwehat on SNL?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#597715 Oct 2, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you study theology (brain activity) and experience a God (spiritual activity)..
.. sorry for being so hard on you today; you're not thinking things through ..
Meh. It's ok, you can be hard on me.

I don't mind because you always do it in a forceful but kind manner.

Since: May 11

Maidstone, UK

#597716 Oct 2, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
We were talking about the perception of people who have caused that perception to be a success, instead of "mentally ill" as you think Bill Gates and Steve Jobs were.
Stop twisting and back-peddling - you'll look foolish.
"Tell me how you demonstrate the intangible?"
- a thought/idea is an intangible. Making it happen by creating from that thought.
Are you really this ignorant, or just like to act this one to see how others respond?
NOTE: thoughts are intangible and are put into action by someone doing another action that normally is an actual action, you know, like building a computer or creating an algorythim.
You do understand this process, right?
....I understand you're incapable of anything other than solipsistic word vomit.
Jesus aint no Messiah

Upper Darby, PA

#597717 Oct 2, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>You want to test GOD? Really? How many people would be involved in your so called test? Millions, one would want to assume.
Which god would you be talking about?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#597718 Oct 2, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
You mean study the actual god itself rather than words? That shouldn't take long. You can do that and still have time to study Zeus before you finish you're brushing your teeth.
Shouldn't take long?

LOL

OK, IANS. I'm just one person. Why don't you conduct a study of my experiences with God? Let's see how long that takes...

Fennario

#597719 Oct 2, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
The cop should have shot you.
I'm told by an extremely reputable source that you can't have religion without death. O holy!

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#597720 Oct 2, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. this is not a test; nobody passes or fails .....
Sure it is. RR has failed constantly.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#597721 Oct 2, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. absolutely. It's part of who I am ..
My childhood experiences used to be a big part of who I am as a person, but I've had to learn how to grow up and let most of the nonsense go.

The man I am today is because of my adulthood moreso than my choldhood.

But that's just me, I fully understand that a lot of people cling to their childhood experiences and integrate them into their daily lives as adults.

Since: May 11

Maidstone, UK

#597722 Oct 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes they do.
Haven't you ever heard of an appeal?
you appealed your vandalism conviction?

nice work walter lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 6 min Bongo 46,589
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 6 min youll shoot your ... 399
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 35 min Exposing Devil Lies 990,691
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr kent 692,025
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 2 hr el rey de los cam... 8,528
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 10 hr Eagle 12 - 6,705
Jeffreys: Evangelicals will vote for Moore 10 hr Edthirty 7
More from around the web