Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#597468 Oct 1, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. I am on edge. The meds are building in my system and my tolerance for nonsense is very low. I don't have the patience for RR's sick games. I have avoided your posts which could lend to good discussion but am not in the frame of mind to respond in the manner and content deserved. My apologies to you for that.
Nah its all good friend. I realized a little late you werent feeling up to it or I would not have even pursued it. Topix is just words that isnt gonna change anything. Take care of your health.(T) Peace

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#597469 Oct 1, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. I am on edge. The meds are building in my system and my tolerance for nonsense is very low. I don't have the patience for RR's sick games. I have avoided your posts which could lend to good discussion but am not in the frame of mind to respond in the manner and content deserved. My apologies to you for that.
I have not been following the conversation Ben, but think you need to take my hand in friendship and chill out and do some resting. please. Remember there is always another time and another place.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#597470 Oct 1, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
The major problem is that Christians, even the majority of the clergy, have no clue about the history of their religion.
They are completely ignorant and insult those who do know the truth.
I find it a sickening failure of the religion and even greater insult to the religion than any outsider could ever hurl.
<quoted text>
Yeah, I'm continually amazed at the very narrow viewpoint concerning the knowledge of the religion by the practitioners.

Any subject that I'm interested in or a subject that I claim to hold some sort of 'expertise' in, I endeavor to know as much as I can about, and I try to draw that knowledge from multiple sources.

Not just one source.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#597471 Oct 1, 2013

MY Pillow time.
Thank you all for
the best wishes of
my Birthday.
Good night

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#597472 Oct 1, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Mynzbmrtp9IXX
MY Pillow time.
Thank you all for
the best wishes of
my Birthday.
Good night
Sleep well, lil.

Location hidden

#597473 Oct 1, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Mynzbmrtp9IXX
MY Pillow time.
Thank you all for
the best wishes of
my Birthday.
Good night
Dang I must have scrolled right by the news. Happy Birthday LW. Sleep well

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#597474 Oct 1, 2013
scaritual wrote:
Yeah, I'm continually amazed at the very narrow viewpoint concerning the knowledge of the religion by the practitioners.
Any subject that I'm interested in or a subject that I claim to hold some sort of 'expertise' in, I endeavor to know as much as I can about, and I try to draw that knowledge from multiple sources.
Not just one source.
Christian: "I believe in God, don't you?"

Me: "You mean Yahweh?"

Christian: "Who?"

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#597475 Oct 1, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Count me in:)
Meet you in the line up :)

#597476 Oct 1, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you like us to perform an actual test?
I am all for that.
It won't be the first for me.
Just say you are in agreement....we can set it all up, and document it all for the record.
You want to test GOD? Really? How many people would be involved in your so called test? Millions, one would want to assume.

#597477 Oct 1, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear God, It's true...I may be the only "Bible" someone ever reads. Please help me be a living testament that is worth reading. Please work through me and help me be a light and a shelter for my non-believing friends, neighbors, coworkers. I am sitting here today, yielded to your will, and asking you to use me open the eyes of someone who has been blind his or her whole life. What an incredible blessing it would be to know I am the instrument you used to bring a person into the Kingdom of God. Lord I want to hide your Word in my heart so that the Holy Spirit can bring it to remembrance at all the right times, that the words that come forth from my mouth would honor you and point other people to you. May you be lifted high and exalted, praised, and worshiped above all. In Jesus' name. Amen. Then the eyes of those who see will no longer be closed, and the ears of those who hear will listen (Isaiah 32:3).
Prime time with God
Amen :)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

#597478 Oct 1, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Encouraging Words....
See, I am sending an angel before you to protect you on your journey and lead you safely to the place I have prepared for you.
Exodus 23:20
K-Love
So many will never comprehend these simple words until the time comes and they are being led... safely :)

Looking outside of the square does not come easily, I presume. Thanks as always for sharing what is forever appropriate xx

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#597479 Oct 1, 2013
Topix Poster: I spend anywhere from 8-10 hours a day studying the Bible, the history of Christianity, its origins, and debating interpretations

Observer: Wow you must be a really dedicated Christian. When do you have time to do anything else?

Topix poster: Oh no, I am an atheist. I think believing in God is preposterous and can't believe people waste so much of their lives on something that doesn't exist

Observer: I don't understand. If you don't believe why would you spend so much time on it?

Topix poster: Well, I try to convince anonymous strangers how crazy they are. If I have to spend my entire life centered around nothing else I will do it

Observer: So in all your years doing this, how many people have you persuaded?

Topix poster: Not a one. They mainly just laugh at me.

Observer: Hmmm...well you have definitely shown there are some really crazy people out there!

Topix poster: I know right? Gimme a high five! Um...where did you go?

:)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Religion kills”

Since: Jun 13

Down Under

#597480 Oct 1, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
1. It is explicitly stated and proven that your religion has no proof other than words in a book.
2. Many things like unicorns, dragons and deities are in books. Being in a book never makes anything real...your deity included.
If being in a book makes something real - we would have to believe in Cinderella, Peter Pan and Harry Potter.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#597481 Oct 1, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
If being in a book makes something real - we would have to believe in Cinderella, Peter Pan and Harry Potter.
Ssssh, the wicked witch of the west is listening!

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#597482 Oct 1, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Topix Poster: I spend anywhere from 8-10 hours a day studying the Bible, the history of Christianity, its origins, and debating interpretations
Observer: Wow you must be a really dedicated Christian. When do you have time to do anything else?
Topix poster: Oh no, I am an atheist. I think believing in God is preposterous and can't believe people waste so much of their lives on something that doesn't exist
Observer: I don't understand. If you don't believe why would you spend so much time on it?
Topix poster: Well, I try to convince anonymous strangers how crazy they are. If I have to spend my entire life centered around nothing else I will do it
Observer: Hmmm...well you have definitely shown there are some really crazy people out there!
An adult could in 8-10 hours in a single day, could uncover the fallacious nature in the book of amalgamated myths.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#597483 Oct 2, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Millions of Christians that have they faith in Jesus Christ believes the bible and Yeshua and >>Know<< that there is an eternal existence for the soul after this physical body dies.
Nope. Not a single one of them knows that.
trifecta1 wrote:
And I >know<...Yes I do know and I have the confirmation--- an eternal world exist beyond the physical.
No you don't. You can't know. And your failure to recognize that is reason to disregard your judgment. You're more interested in comfort than truth.
trifecta1 wrote:
And no bother ask for details because I not telling and I not care if you believe me or not---I just telling you why I know an eternal existence beyond this physical body exist.
Nobody cares what you believe, just what you can demonstrate.
trifecta1 wrote:
the existence of an Eternal Almighty Deity which most people will only have confirmation after they physical body dies and they enter into the soulish/spiritual realm or existence.
Yet you claim to have confirmation now.
trifecta1 wrote:
How you can discuss religion--especially Christianity where the eternal soul is an intricate part of the Religion---but you not like to discuss death?
Not like to discuss death? Where did you get that idea? I believe that I already told you that I was board certified in Hospice and Palliative Medicine in 1998. I had about fifteen years experience in the diagnosis, prognostication and treatment of the terminally ill.

My comment to you was about your unhealthy orientation to the subject.
trifecta1 wrote:
Can you discuss McDonalds food and not discuss burgers fries and a coke? You're quite naive.
That's exactly what I mean. You equate death in life with a Happy Meal in a McDonalds. Death is the more like the greasy dump you take at the end.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

UK

#597484 Oct 2, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
LOL is that how you see it?

You have an over inflated sense of your role.

You(the religious(esecially the fundigelicals)) are the simply the equivalent of the bearded lady in a freak show.

I come to laugh at you and marvel that I was once in your club. It's like aversion therapy, like keeping pictures of yourself from the 80's to ensure you'll never dress like an extra from Miami Vice ever again.

You keep doing that voodoo that you do...and we'll keep laughing.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Fennario

#597485 Oct 2, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
I heard the same sermons preached from "the church" that all of these people did...I read the same Bible...said the same prayers. In the end it was my choice what I took away from that and how I used it.
That's consistent with what I was saying. The sermons don't make people good. Good people will filter them in a positive way, but lesser people will hear a different message which will facilitate something undesirable.
AnnieJ wrote:
Let's take for example the word "pervert" that some Christians use to describe homosexuals. They use that word because they choose to...they don't have to. Epi...Senecus...OYE...Al Garcia...heard the same messages preached by "the church"...they choose to not use those words.
There's a fine example right there. Some people will reject the homophobic message, and others will justify their willingness to hate using it. The point is that the church is promoting an unkind and unfair point of view, and the fact that there are good Christians is not an endorsement of the church, but of those people and what they bring into the church.
AnnieJ wrote:
They all heard the message that we "unbelievers" will burn in hell...some brandish that phrase around as often as they use "God Bless"...yet many would never dream of wearing that t-shirt.
That's yet another example of my point. The church's message is a destructive one dressed in a little sugar coating ("Love the sinful perverts that nauseate our Lord"), which some people reject, and others gulp down voraciously.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Fennario

#597486 Oct 2, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
I heard those messages over and over...I never bought in to that...maybe I didn't make a very good Christian because I didn't...I don't know.
No, you weren't a very good Christian. You were asked to submit to the authority and wisdom of the church's teaching on faith, but you refused.
AnnieJ wrote:
Do I think that "the church" plays a role in all of this...yes...but only for those that would condemn another with or without religion...IMO...they use "faith" to justify their assholiness.
Did you think that we were in disagreement? The form of your answer seems to be that of a rebuttal. But I think we're on the same page.
AnnieJ wrote:
I could list many factors that came in to play in my decision to leave the church but the main one is...I could not look at my fellow man and see him in the terms that "the church" wanted me to see him as. I could not believe in a God that would want me to.
Well done.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Fennario

#597487 Oct 2, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
Even while I was a practicing Christian...I never saw God in the words printed in a book...the god that it spoke of was alien to me. I did however experience God as I walked through open fields...wandered down paths through the woods...cool breezes on my face...the kindness of a stranger...and even water droplets hitting the surface of a mud puddle...this was the God that I knew...not some monster that would torture someone because they happened to think differently.
You were having spiritual experiences that clearly not only didn't depend on any church, but required you to disregard it. I have the same experiences. The difference is that you prefer to understand them in terms of a god. I will wait for evidence of such a thing before I insert it into my understanding of such experiences.

That's not a big difference between us. It only becomes significant if that god concept results in the church shaping your thought. From the outside, a god concept is really just a personification of nature, what some people might call Mother Nature. You can be grateful to that if you prefer, and I will be grateful to the same thing without the name.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min LOUD LOO 743,652
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Dally Mama 228,559
Should Black People in the USA Leave America an... (May '13) 18 min Johnny 606
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 26 min andet1987 4,597
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 41 min Johnny 3,354
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr truth 545,056
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Mandela 118,283
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr MUQ1 260,188
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr mdbuilder 174,202
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 10 hr Sexy bottom 975