Location hidden

#597454 Oct 1, 2013

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#597455 Oct 1, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Copyright infringement cases happen every day. Similarity IS proof of theft. The most famous case was Microsoft vs Apple. Read the case.
Similarity is a proof of theft.
Plagiarism is not a legal matter, it is academic.
Sorry Skom. I am not going through this again. No more than I will tell you that I know your job better than you do.
We can look at this.

When we say ... that he, Jesus Christ, our teacher, was crucified and died, and rose again, and ascended into heaven, we propose nothing new from what you believe about those you consider sons of Zeus.
Justin Martyr, First Apology (100–165CE)

"We shall seem to utter the doctrine of Plato; and while we say that there will be a burning up of all, we shall seem to utter the doctrine of the Stoics: and while we affirm that the souls of the wicked, being endowed with sensation even after death, are punished, and that those of the good being delivered from punishment spend a blessed existence, we shall seem to say the same things as the poets and philosophers; and while we maintain that men ought not to worship the works of their hands, we say the very things which have been said by the comic poet Menander, and other similar writers, for they have declared that the workman is greater than the work." - Justin Martyr, First Apology.

Justin Martyr - CE 100–ca.165 CE
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justin_Martyr
Look at the dates/life of those Martyr mentioned.
Plato - 424/423 BCE – 348/347 BCE
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plato
Stoicism - Founded in Athens by Zeno of Citium in the early 3rd century BCE.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoics
Zeno of Citium - 334 BCE – c. 262 BCE
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeno_of_Citium
Menander - 341/42 BCE– ca. 290 BCE
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menander
Who knows what other philosophers and poets Martyr referred to except to say there must have been comparisons being made that predated the Jesus story/concept/philosophy/mytho s.

Which he admitted.

Martyr was alive and defending Christianity approximately around 130 CE or so, maybe later.

So I'll ask...

Are they trying to say that those preexisting and established or known of concepts and philosophies that Martyr mentioned had somehow incorporated Christian concepts before Christianity existed?
We're not talking hundreds years or more after Christianity, we're talking about hundreds of years or more BEFORE Christianity, that these concepts etc.., existed.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellenistic_phil...

I'm sure you're aware of this and other evidences that point to Christianity being a manufactured religion, drawing from the popular pre-existing and current mythos of the era.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#597456 Oct 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, at least we're not spanking little babies, or slapping women around, and thinking it's sorta cool.
Christianity hasn't done much for you.
Maybe you read your bible wrong, and you think it's smack the other cheek.
People like RR think they are better than everyone else and can justify their own horrendous behaviors while condemning and lying about innocent people.

The world would be better off without them in it. In essence, it is evidence that a loving God does not exist.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#597457 Oct 1, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
People like RR think they are better than everyone else and can justify their own horrendous behaviors while condemning and lying about innocent people.
The world would be better off without them in it. In essence, it is evidence that a loving God does not exist.
And one Christian infects another.

RR's homophobia is being picked up by his pal Skum.

Skum's "bathhouse" posts are intended to "brand" me as a homosexual.

Not that I care, but it shows you the true nature of these god-fearers.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#597459 Oct 1, 2013
The major problem is that Christians, even the majority of the clergy, have no clue about the history of their religion.
They are completely ignorant and insult those who do know the truth.
I find it a sickening failure of the religion and even greater insult to the religion than any outsider could ever hurl.
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
We can look at this.
When we say ... that he, Jesus Christ, our teacher, was crucified and died, and rose again, and ascended into heaven, we propose nothing new from what you believe about those you consider sons of Zeus.
Justin Martyr, First Apology (100–165CE)
"We shall seem to utter the doctrine of Plato; and while we say that there will be a burning up of all, we shall seem to utter the doctrine of the Stoics: and while we affirm that the souls of the wicked, being endowed with sensation even after death, are punished, and that those of the good being delivered from punishment spend a blessed existence, we shall seem to say the same things as the poets and philosophers; and while we maintain that men ought not to worship the works of their hands, we say the very things which have been said by the comic poet Menander, and other similar writers, for they have declared that the workman is greater than the work." - Justin Martyr, First Apology.
Justin Martyr - CE 100–ca.165 CE
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justin_Martyr
Look at the dates/life of those Martyr mentioned.
Plato - 424/423 BCE – 348/347 BCE
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plato
Stoicism - Founded in Athens by Zeno of Citium in the early 3rd century BCE.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoics
Zeno of Citium - 334 BCE – c. 262 BCE
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeno_of_Citium
Menander - 341/42 BCE– ca. 290 BCE
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menander
Who knows what other philosophers and poets Martyr referred to except to say there must have been comparisons being made that predated the Jesus story/concept/philosophy/mytho s.
Which he admitted.
Martyr was alive and defending Christianity approximately around 130 CE or so, maybe later.
So I'll ask...
Are they trying to say that those preexisting and established or known of concepts and philosophies that Martyr mentioned had somehow incorporated Christian concepts before Christianity existed?
We're not talking hundreds years or more after Christianity, we're talking about hundreds of years or more BEFORE Christianity, that these concepts etc.., existed.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellenistic_phil...
I'm sure you're aware of this and other evidences that point to Christianity being a manufactured religion, drawing from the popular pre-existing and current mythos of the era.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#597460 Oct 1, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
TRAFFIC STOP

A police officer pulls a guy over for speeding and has the following exchange:
Officer: May I see your driver's license?
Driver: I don't have one. I had it suspended when I got my 5th DUI.
Officer: May I see the owner's card for this vehicle?
Driver: It's not my car. I stole it.
Officer: The car is stolen?
Driver: That's right. But come to think of it, I think I saw the owner's card in the glove box when I was putting my gun in there.
Officer: There's a gun in the glove box?
Driver: Yes sir. That's where I put it after I shot and killed the woman who owns this car and stuffed her in the trunk.
Officer: There's a BODY in the TRUNK?!?!?
Driver: Yes, sir.
Hearing this, the officer immediately called his captain. The car was quickly surrounded by police, and the captain approached the driver to handle the tense situation:
Captain: Sir, can I see your license?
Driver: Sure. Here it is.(It was valid).
Captain: Who's car is this?
Driver: It's mine, officer. Here's the owner's card.(The driver owned the car).
Captain: Could you slowly open your glove box so I can see if there's a gun in it?
Driver: Yes, sir, but there's no gun in it. Sure enough, there was nothing in the glove box.
Captain: Would you mind opening your trunk? I was told you said there's a body in it.
Driver: No problem.(Trunk is opened; no body).
Captain: I don't understand it. The officer who stopped you said you told him you didn't have a license, stole the car, had a gun in the glove box, and that there was a dead body in the trunk.
Driver: Oh Yeah, I'll bet the liar told you I was speeding, too!!!!

Location hidden

#597461 Oct 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And one Christian infects another.
RR's homophobia is being picked up by his pal Skum.
Skum's "bathhouse" posts are intended to "brand" me as a homosexual.
Not that I care, but it shows you the true nature of these god-fearers.
I have never said you are a homosexual. Why, would that bother you? Its actually the fact that you are not gay that I find it so funny that you take pickle and lotions baths with naked men. If you were gay I'd just tell you "you go girl, hit it and quit it" or whatever the kids are saying these days. I'm afraid I'm out of the loop. But a straight guy doing it and saying things like "the penis is mightier than the sword"? That's just funny stuff someone couldn't have made up!

Location hidden

#597462 Oct 1, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>TRAFFIC STOP
Driver: That's right. But come to think of it, I think I saw the owner's card in the glove box when I was putting my gun in there.
Driver: Yes sir. That's where I put it after I shot and killed the woman who owns this car and stuffed her in the trunk.
Hearing this, the officer immediately called his captain. The car was quickly surrounded by police, and the captain approached the driver to handle the tense situation:
Captain: Could you slowly open your glove box so I can see if there's a gun in it?
Driver: Yes, sir, but there's no gun in it. Sure enough, there was nothing in the glove box.
Captain: Would you mind opening your trunk? I was told you said there's a body in it.
Captain: I don't understand it. The officer who stopped you said you told him you didn't have a license, stole the car, had a gun in the glove box, and that there was a dead body in the trunk.
G...because I have to write my comments in a Google search than post them or spend like 10 minutes trying to post normally without the phone shutting down the reply box I couldnt add a commentary on my last post to you. But you just seemed a little on edge so I wanted to post something to give you a chuckle. I didnt want you thinking there was some reason I used that post or anything sarcastic behind it.(T) Peace

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#597463 Oct 1, 2013

Yes, I will always remember poster.
You know who you are.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#597464 Oct 1, 2013
That describes RR and a few others here.
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>TRAFFIC STOP

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#597465 Oct 1, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I have never said you are a homosexual. Why, would that bother you? Its actually the fact that you are not gay that I find it so funny that you take pickle and lotions baths with naked men. If you were gay I'd just tell you "you go girl, hit it and quit it" or whatever the kids are saying these days. I'm afraid I'm out of the loop. But a straight guy doing it and saying things like "the penis is mightier than the sword"? That's just funny stuff someone couldn't have made up!
Scum wrote:

"You are getting confused with the bathhouse again. Whats your theories on men's buttcheeks anyway? After hearing you say "the penis is mightier than the sword" I have a feeling you got some good ones up your skeeve. Or somewhere anyway:)"

“Love much, trust none”

There

#597466 Oct 1, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>G...because I have to write my comments in a Google search than post them or spend like 10 minutes trying to post normally without the phone shutting down the reply box I couldnt add a commentary on my last post to you. But you just seemed a little on edge so I wanted to post something to give you a chuckle. I didnt want you thinking there was some reason I used that post or anything sarcastic behind it.(T) Peace
Thanks. I am on edge. The meds are building in my system and my tolerance for nonsense is very low. I don't have the patience for RR's sick games. I have avoided your posts which could lend to good discussion but am not in the frame of mind to respond in the manner and content deserved. My apologies to you for that.

Location hidden

#597467 Oct 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Scum wrote:
"You are getting confused with the bathhouse again. Whats your theories on men's buttcheeks anyway? After hearing you say "the penis is mightier than the sword" I have a feeling you got some good ones up your skeeve. Or somewhere anyway:)"
Right. There is nothing in the Bible about smacking the other cheek. I am just guessing maybe you have butt cheeks on the brain. And considering you see them by the dozens with men you bathe with it was a logical connection! Thank you though for giving my joke more play. If you think you are ready we could try you just making fun of yourself and cutting out the middle-man. You already do most the work setting it up anyway!:)

Location hidden

#597468 Oct 1, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. I am on edge. The meds are building in my system and my tolerance for nonsense is very low. I don't have the patience for RR's sick games. I have avoided your posts which could lend to good discussion but am not in the frame of mind to respond in the manner and content deserved. My apologies to you for that.
Nah its all good friend. I realized a little late you werent feeling up to it or I would not have even pursued it. Topix is just words that isnt gonna change anything. Take care of your health.(T) Peace

Location hidden

#597469 Oct 1, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not been following the conversation Ben, but think you need to take my hand in friendship and chill out and do some resting. please. Remember there is always another time and another place.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#597470 Oct 1, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
The major problem is that Christians, even the majority of the clergy, have no clue about the history of their religion.
They are completely ignorant and insult those who do know the truth.
I find it a sickening failure of the religion and even greater insult to the religion than any outsider could ever hurl.
<quoted text>
Yeah, I'm continually amazed at the very narrow viewpoint concerning the knowledge of the religion by the practitioners.

Any subject that I'm interested in or a subject that I claim to hold some sort of 'expertise' in, I endeavor to know as much as I can about, and I try to draw that knowledge from multiple sources.

Not just one source.

Location hidden

#597471 Oct 1, 2013

MY Pillow time.
Thank you all for
the best wishes of
my Birthday.
Good night

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#597472 Oct 1, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Mynzbmrtp9IXX
MY Pillow time.
Thank you all for
the best wishes of
my Birthday.
Good night
Sleep well, lil.

Location hidden

#597473 Oct 1, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Mynzbmrtp9IXX
MY Pillow time.
Thank you all for
the best wishes of
my Birthday.
Good night
Dang I must have scrolled right by the news. Happy Birthday LW. Sleep well

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Lumajuice 810,355
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 8 min Neville Thompson 20
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 min Neville Thompson 269,040
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 15 min RiccardoFire 39,664
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 17 min lightbeamrider 97,909
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 32 min AN NFL FAN 121,339
If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 41 min JesusIsResurrection 967
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 58 min perfect massage r... 206
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr truth 574,347
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 11 hr Jon 19
More from around the web