Why Should Jesus Love Me?
Dr shrink

Baltimore, MD

#597399 Oct 1, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Lead cups were used to drink ale or whisky. The combination would Sometimes knock the imbibers out for a couple of days. Someone walking along the road would take them for dead and prepare them for burial... They were laid out on the kitchen table for a couple of days and the family would gather around and eat and drink and wait and see if they would wake up. Hence the custom of holding a wake.
England is old and small and the local folks started running out of places to bury people. So they would dig up coffins and would take the bones to a bone-house, and reuse the grave. When reopening these coffins, 1 out of 25 coffins were found to have scratch marks on the inside and they realized they had been burying people alive... So they would tie a string on the wrist of the corpse, lead it through the coffin and up through the ground and tie it to a bell. Someone would have to sit out in the graveyard all night (the graveyard shift.) to listen for the bell; thus, someone could be, "saved by the bell" or was considered a "dead ringer". And that's the truth...
Now, whoever said History was boring?
those fonny faken additions by zionistic haters of white Europa and local countries around them, spread wicked propganda about such things occur among pagans and necesity to enter to clean them out by those wicked propgandists.

even primitive Africa of 15 century time,never had so horrible condition and powerty,like described by your faken full of Lies Links

and you Epi believe this and post this among more smart free people then all of you and your churches controled by wicked rich media trushing down whole human Societies of old and new ages

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#597400 Oct 1, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the deserving-it-for-not believing part that distresses me. A Christian that says, "That is what I was taught, and I am in no position to say that it is wrong. But frankly, I don't understand it, and I wish it weren't so" is a different person from the one who says, "You deserve to suffer, infidel, and I'm glad of it."
That person is not my brother any more. He's not one of "us." He has been captured and turned by sinister forces. What kind of person teaches others to think like that? And what shall we think of the institution that keeps the meme alive?
Any institution that teaches death is a deserved or appropriate response for - non belief - a state of mind - should be eliminated.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#597401 Oct 1, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well with all of her talk about having her way with a cave man...I thought I would leave this one...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =DSY2f2Wt9BUXX
There was one I liked better but thought it might be a bit much for this thread. It was really sexy...maybe beyond sexy!
So...I wish a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the woman that has her cave man under control!
Thanks Annie, LoL she is a sexy cute lil thing.LOL

My cave man loves the spoiling of him that happens.

Location hidden

#597402 Oct 1, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you really want to understand it all, you should look up the "Jesus Seminar"...it is a wholeistic and "real" ongoing approach by several scholars that addresses the "truth" of it all...like it or not attitude...it is what it is...they are exemplary in my opinion.
Yeah, I've looked at the Jesus! seminars. Seems like I have a .DOC on my comp here as well that gives a good overview of the first years of the meeting and results.

Here's more information about the Jesus Seminar, for those interested.
http://www.westarinstitute.org/projects/the-j...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_Seminar

I agree the conclusions reached were well structured and logically arrived at, or, exemplary as you put it.

Location hidden

#597403 Oct 1, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy Birthday Frenny.....Hope it will be a great day for you!
God Bless
Thanks Frenny. I was born one of them Libra's ya know and that tells on me everyday. lol.

Location hidden

#597404 Oct 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Again you're implying that God comes from a book.
Many things are in books, that doesn't mean they come from books.
<quoted text>
Red herring.
Scar: Your deity comes from a book.
RR: Why are you implying that?
Scar: Your deity comes from a book.
RR: Many things are in books, that doesn't mean they come from a book.
Scar: "Christianity" comes from a book.
You know...

Until you understand what logical fallacies are and how each one applies in a situation it'd behoove you to not accuse another of employing the use of a logical fallacy when I didn't.

It makes you look foolish.

I'm not trying to insult you.

Location hidden

#597405 Oct 1, 2013
Bongo wrote:
Blue grass music playing in the background. Seems theres a penalty for calling God a liar? People with NDEs seem to say they never were asleep and then woke. The theif on the cross who believed was in paradise immediately.
"Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.
31It is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God. You need to be a more efficient collocutor with God.
After reading your post I reminded of this; Incoherency is a helluva thing.

You need help, Bongo. Find that. Immediately.

Location hidden

#597406 Oct 1, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Lead cups were used to drink ale or whisky. The combination would Sometimes knock the imbibers out for a couple of days. Someone walking along the road would take them for dead and prepare them for burial... They were laid out on the kitchen table for a couple of days and the family would gather around and eat and drink and wait and see if they would wake up. Hence the custom of holding a wake.
England is old and small and the local folks started running out of places to bury people. So they would dig up coffins and would take the bones to a bone-house, and reuse the grave. When reopening these coffins, 1 out of 25 coffins were found to have scratch marks on the inside and they realized they had been burying people alive... So they would tie a string on the wrist of the corpse, lead it through the coffin and up through the ground and tie it to a bell. Someone would have to sit out in the graveyard all night (the graveyard shift.) to listen for the bell; thus, someone could be, "saved by the bell" or was considered a "dead ringer". And that's the truth...
I always enjoy this type of historical info, Phany.

You don't mind if I call you Phany, do you?

<laughs>

Location hidden

#597407 Oct 1, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Frenny. I was born one of them Libra's ya know and that tells on me everyday. lol.
Happy Birthday, lil.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#597408 Oct 1, 2013
"Better" is a relative term. Herpes is better than AIDS. That's not an endorsement of either. Still, one is better, and one is worse. You just can't be worse than the Republicans.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Sure you can. You can be Democrat.
Nobody's going to fool you, huh? You chose religion AND the Republicans. Well played.

About half of America thinks just like you. Good luck.

Location hidden

#597409 Oct 1, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, yes. Music, languages, literature...
Agreed. Think your going to be busy passin the good stuff into another generation.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#597410 Oct 1, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I always enjoy this type of historical info, Phany.
You don't mind if I call you Phany, do you?
<laughs>
LOL....Its close to "Fanny"....How bout "Fini" Dancing Eyeball

:-)

Location hidden

#597411 Oct 1, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Thank you Epi for bringing this forward, some do not realize what history went thru and the people in it to get us where we are today. Just my opinion Wished you find more of this to put here in the threads.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#597412 Oct 1, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
You know...
Until you understand what logical fallacies are and how each one applies in a situation it'd behoove you to not accuse another of employing the use of a logical fallacy when I didn't.
It makes you look foolish.
I'm not trying to insult you.
You should know, you use the red herring often. In this instance, you firstly comment on God, secondly comment on God and thirdly (after realizing you're losing) change your topic to Christianity. THAT is a red herring. You tried to change the topic of "God came from books" (which you know is stupid) to "Christianity came from books".

So either focus and stay on topic or I'll call you out each and every time.

Deal ?

Location hidden

#597413 Oct 1, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy Birthday, lil.
Thanks Scar, I have kissed this age this year good bye and hugged another age for this coming year. Tis only a number or steps taken in life's road map.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#597414 Oct 1, 2013
Nobody's going to fool you, huh? You chose religion AND the Republicans. Well played.
About half of America thinks just like you. Good luck.
Thanks, BooBoo.

The way the Democrats are running this country into the ground, we all will need some luck...

Location hidden

#597415 Oct 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You should know, you use the red herring often. In this instance, you firstly comment on God, secondly comment on God and thirdly (after realizing you're losing) change your topic to Christianity. THAT is a red herring. You tried to change the topic of "God came from books" (which you know is stupid) to "Christianity came from books".
So either focus and stay on topic or I'll call you out each and every time.
Deal ?
Christianity is your deity belief. which comes from a book.

That's the deal.

The usage of Christianity was nothing more than a further and more clearly defined description of what your deity belief is, which, again, comes from a book.

That belief, Christianity, also, came from the Judaic belief, which comes from a book, which in turn, was taken from the Canaanite pantheon of deities, which are represented in Ugaritic texts, again, books, all of which are mythology.

Without those books, you would not believe in the deity you believe in.

Unless you can provide some sort of compelling and non biased evidences that can substantiate otherwise, that is the fact of the matter, and that fact is...

Your deity and your deity belief comes from a book.

Location hidden

#597417 Oct 1, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL....Its close to "Fanny"....How bout "Fini" Dancing Eyeball
:-)
I'll ponder it.

Location hidden

#597418 Oct 1, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Scar, I have kissed this age this year good bye and hugged another age for this coming year. Tis only a number or steps taken in life's road map.
Yeah, hope it's a good one.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#597419 Oct 1, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Is History boring?...
No.

Thanks for the excellent posts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min hojo 683,527
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 6 min bad bob 15,181
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr nanoanomaly 982,996
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Dees Nhutz 286,521
Tribute Wife's DDD's! 2 hr Orangestar4189 1
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 2 hr Mirrormirorwall 2
Moroccan Guys Have The Biggest Cocks! (Jun '13) 4 hr Mimi 31
More from around the web