Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#597389 Oct 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO! You know what, I didn't even notice the "I'm a woman" part. I'm just used to women not knowing anything other than the best place to buys shoes and how to make a good pot roast.
My bad.
Yeah, we know you well.

If the pot roast isn't good enough, you'll be smackin' the woman around. What's a black eye now and then?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#597390 Oct 1, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I will apologize RR...this conversation went in a direction that I never intended for it to go.
On a last note...never installed a self-closing hinge...I like to be in charge of my door...close it on my own.
I know, Annie. No hard feelings, ok? I think it was grossly misunderstood by some, but not by me. You have an uncanny knack for "manly" things, more so even than a lot of men do. For that, you have my respect.

On a side note, you must have self-closing hinges on your fire door (if you have one). That's the door leading from the garage directly into the house. It's fire code, because the garage is considered the most susceptible room to catch fire - and it's uninsulated and not air conditioned or heated.

Fun fact. You know that the national code for entry doors in residences is 36" or bigger?(almost all are 36", though some are 42") They make it that way so that all ambulance stretchers can fit through your front door - a problem that early America had.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#597391 Oct 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh YAY! The word game!
***my fav***
You wrote: "The only difference I haven't "manufactured" something you cannot see"
What does this double negative mean to you?
Does it mean that you HAVE manufactured something that I cannot see?
Or does it mean that you haven't manufactured something I CAN see?
Either way, you lose this round.
Your words, my gun-totin friend....
"The only difference I haven't "manufactured" something you cannot see"
Pffft. I may as well argue with a well, all I get is a echo.
The simple truth remains, that god reins in the minds of those who believe. But does not manifest itself in the physical reality. Except through you and the body of believers.
That defines god squarely as a conception that exists in your cranial vault.

http://science.discovery.com/tv-shows/through...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#597392 Oct 1, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. my mini misogynist man has returned! For a moment I didn't recognize you ..
.. like Annie, some women actually enjoy learning how to install doors or fix garbage disposals. Me? No way! Two neighborhood men fought over the job, went to Cosco and installed my new garbage disposal for free. Cost?$75 ..
.. role playing? I don't think so. I have helped both men with their computers. We help each other, that's how things are suppose to work. To minimize anyone's intelligence or skills based on gender is, well, uncivilized ..
<< wrapping yellow apron around RR that matches kitchen appliances >>
WTF?! Ok, I'll wear that apron so long as it says: "Kiss the cook"...

...and I'm cooking for strippers.

K?

Here's a yoke:

You know why brides wear white?

Because you want the dishwasher to match the fridge and stove.

>:)

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#597393 Oct 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, we know you well.
If the pot roast isn't good enough, you'll be smackin' the woman around. What's a black eye now and then?
You know what you say to a woman with two black eyes?

Nothin. You already warned her twice.

HA HA!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#597394 Oct 1, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. for me, there is a spiritual hierarchy which few understand. I think you do ..
.. humanity is at a spiritual crossroad. Again. Every post on Topix, every thought or belief, every word written or spoken has the potential to change our course and improve the human condition. Masters already know this ..
.. can you convey your message to less evolved brothers and sisters? Will they understand? Masters like Buddha, Jesus and Mohammed tried but humanity changed the basic tenets of their wisdom ..
.. the powerful want hunger, misery, political imbalance, injustices, irrational economic systems and religious wars to continue. The Masters remain relatively silent, wait and teach only those who seek. The rest? They're not ready. I think this is why you rarely share your spiritual beliefs on Topix. Am I correct ??..
Ya. Yer real close sis.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#597395 Oct 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
Pffft. I may as well argue with a well, all I get is a echo.
The simple truth remains, that god reins in the minds of those who believe. But does not manifest itself in the physical reality. Except through you and the body of believers.
That defines god squarely as a conception that exists in your cranial vault.
http://science.discovery.com/tv-shows/through...
Aura Mytha wrote:
that god reins in the minds of those who believe
That is the opinion/belief of yours that we've been talking about.

Why are you repeating yoruself?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#597396 Oct 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
Sorry, I didn't check this link the first time I responded.

Are you serious? You're getting your "knowledge" from a TV show?

LMMFAO!

C'mon, dude. I know you can do better.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#597397 Oct 1, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I will apologize RR...this conversation went in a direction that I never intended for it to go.
On a last note...never installed a self-closing hinge...I like to be in charge of my door...close it on my own.
No it was my fault. I thought the post was meant as a pile on. I was wrong. Not sure why iI didnt include an apology when I first found out. I should have

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#597398 Oct 1, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
No...I didn't...It wasn't a put down...it wasn't in reference to anything except RR was surprised that I knew about construction.
Whatever though Steve...you tend to think of me as you wish anyway...just as the other post of mine that you commented on.
Instead of seeing it as a post to defend those that used their faith as I believe God intended...you saw it as a put down.
I wrote that post in hopes that I could explain to IANS why I try to find some good in Christianity and some of it's followers. I wrote of my experiences with faith and with my feelings on that.
I didn't trash the faith...the church...all of it's followers...
I don't even know why I am trying to explain this to you...
I'm done...
You said it was in reference to him assuming women wouldnt know how to do something from a friendly conversation you guys had a few weeks ago. So i was right that it was meant to respond to him thinking women wouldnt know how to do it, I just didnt know it was friendly. But im not sure what the problem was with my other post. I didnt take yours as an attack. And I thought I asked very fair questions as to why the negative examples would play a role in you leaving but the positive examples wouldnt play a role in you staying. However you do seem to question an awful lot why there are bad examples and why arent they better and how that affects your perception. You said recently that your overall view on the faith has changed as well since Topix. I dont understand why. There are millions of Christians. Of course some will be bad examples. How could anyone expect otherwise? I have tried to get you to talk about why this is several times and why the good examples dont at minimum seem to get equal weight. If they did your overall view wouldnt change for the worse. But you never want to talk about it. So be it
Dr shrink

Baltimore, MD

#597399 Oct 1, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Lead cups were used to drink ale or whisky. The combination would Sometimes knock the imbibers out for a couple of days. Someone walking along the road would take them for dead and prepare them for burial... They were laid out on the kitchen table for a couple of days and the family would gather around and eat and drink and wait and see if they would wake up. Hence the custom of holding a wake.
England is old and small and the local folks started running out of places to bury people. So they would dig up coffins and would take the bones to a bone-house, and reuse the grave. When reopening these coffins, 1 out of 25 coffins were found to have scratch marks on the inside and they realized they had been burying people alive... So they would tie a string on the wrist of the corpse, lead it through the coffin and up through the ground and tie it to a bell. Someone would have to sit out in the graveyard all night (the graveyard shift.) to listen for the bell; thus, someone could be, "saved by the bell" or was considered a "dead ringer". And that's the truth...
Now, whoever said History was boring?
those fonny faken additions by zionistic haters of white Europa and local countries around them, spread wicked propganda about such things occur among pagans and necesity to enter to clean them out by those wicked propgandists.

even primitive Africa of 15 century time,never had so horrible condition and powerty,like described by your faken full of Lies Links

and you Epi believe this and post this among more smart free people then all of you and your churches controled by wicked rich media trushing down whole human Societies of old and new ages

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#597400 Oct 1, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the deserving-it-for-not believing part that distresses me. A Christian that says, "That is what I was taught, and I am in no position to say that it is wrong. But frankly, I don't understand it, and I wish it weren't so" is a different person from the one who says, "You deserve to suffer, infidel, and I'm glad of it."
That person is not my brother any more. He's not one of "us." He has been captured and turned by sinister forces. What kind of person teaches others to think like that? And what shall we think of the institution that keeps the meme alive?
Any institution that teaches death is a deserved or appropriate response for - non belief - a state of mind - should be eliminated.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#597401 Oct 1, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well with all of her talk about having her way with a cave man...I thought I would leave this one...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =DSY2f2Wt9BUXX
There was one I liked better but thought it might be a bit much for this thread. It was really sexy...maybe beyond sexy!
So...I wish a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the woman that has her cave man under control!
Thanks Annie, LoL she is a sexy cute lil thing.LOL

My cave man loves the spoiling of him that happens.

Location hidden

#597402 Oct 1, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you really want to understand it all, you should look up the "Jesus Seminar"...it is a wholeistic and "real" ongoing approach by several scholars that addresses the "truth" of it all...like it or not attitude...it is what it is...they are exemplary in my opinion.
Yeah, I've looked at the Jesus! seminars. Seems like I have a .DOC on my comp here as well that gives a good overview of the first years of the meeting and results.

Here's more information about the Jesus Seminar, for those interested.
http://www.westarinstitute.org/projects/the-j...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_Seminar

I agree the conclusions reached were well structured and logically arrived at, or, exemplary as you put it.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#597403 Oct 1, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy Birthday Frenny.....Hope it will be a great day for you!
God Bless
Thanks Frenny. I was born one of them Libra's ya know and that tells on me everyday. lol.

Location hidden

#597404 Oct 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Again you're implying that God comes from a book.
Many things are in books, that doesn't mean they come from books.
<quoted text>
Red herring.
Scar: Your deity comes from a book.
RR: Why are you implying that?
Scar: Your deity comes from a book.
RR: Many things are in books, that doesn't mean they come from a book.
Scar: "Christianity" comes from a book.
You know...

Until you understand what logical fallacies are and how each one applies in a situation it'd behoove you to not accuse another of employing the use of a logical fallacy when I didn't.

It makes you look foolish.

I'm not trying to insult you.

Location hidden

#597405 Oct 1, 2013
Bongo wrote:
Blue grass music playing in the background. Seems theres a penalty for calling God a liar? People with NDEs seem to say they never were asleep and then woke. The theif on the cross who believed was in paradise immediately.
"Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.
31It is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God. You need to be a more efficient collocutor with God.
After reading your post I reminded of this; Incoherency is a helluva thing.

You need help, Bongo. Find that. Immediately.

Location hidden

#597406 Oct 1, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Lead cups were used to drink ale or whisky. The combination would Sometimes knock the imbibers out for a couple of days. Someone walking along the road would take them for dead and prepare them for burial... They were laid out on the kitchen table for a couple of days and the family would gather around and eat and drink and wait and see if they would wake up. Hence the custom of holding a wake.
England is old and small and the local folks started running out of places to bury people. So they would dig up coffins and would take the bones to a bone-house, and reuse the grave. When reopening these coffins, 1 out of 25 coffins were found to have scratch marks on the inside and they realized they had been burying people alive... So they would tie a string on the wrist of the corpse, lead it through the coffin and up through the ground and tie it to a bell. Someone would have to sit out in the graveyard all night (the graveyard shift.) to listen for the bell; thus, someone could be, "saved by the bell" or was considered a "dead ringer". And that's the truth...
Now, whoever said History was boring?
I always enjoy this type of historical info, Phany.

You don't mind if I call you Phany, do you?

<laughs>

Location hidden

#597407 Oct 1, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Frenny. I was born one of them Libra's ya know and that tells on me everyday. lol.
Happy Birthday, lil.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#597408 Oct 1, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
"Better" is a relative term. Herpes is better than AIDS. That's not an endorsement of either. Still, one is better, and one is worse. You just can't be worse than the Republicans.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Sure you can. You can be Democrat.
Nobody's going to fool you, huh? You chose religion AND the Republicans. Well played.

About half of America thinks just like you. Good luck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 18 min Biff 52,763
Is God a "Bully" sometimes? 22 min Peter Ross 3
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 26 min Michael 693,442
Allah is Satan hiding behind the name 37 min aintnogods 42
shuh up meathead! 1 hr aintnogods 8
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr aintnogods 992,275
____ TRUMP 100% in the spirit of ANTICHRIST ____ (Mar '16) 8 hr Poster Child for ... 22
More from around the web