“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#597228 Oct 1, 2013
scaritual wrote:
I do think that in the back of the Christian mind the thought process is pretty much this: "You're an atheist, <(insert condemned label here)> , and don't seem to be too bad of a person. It's a shame my deity will wake you from death to kill you again, and you'll deserve it because you could have believed...oh well..." There is something inherently wrong and deeply sinister with that type of doctrine, belief, and thinking.
It's the deserving-it-for-not believing part that distresses me. A Christian that says, "That is what I was taught, and I am in no position to say that it is wrong. But frankly, I don't understand it, and I wish it weren't so" is a different person from the one who says, "You deserve to suffer, infidel, and I'm glad of it."

That person is not my brother any more. He's not one of "us." He has been captured and turned by sinister forces. What kind of person teaches others to think like that? And what shall we think of the institution that keeps the meme alive?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#597229 Oct 1, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
To you both...
Blowing thru... Love always!
Catch you again....
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
Hey...I wonder about you too sis...and I worry about you and your wanderings...all things aside, I love you...always "know" that.

Location hidden

#597230 Oct 1, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I dunno. In my experience good people wanting to do better are the ones that wonder. Bad people dont waste time wondering because they dont care
Ya...I know...I know real well sir.

Fennario

#597231 Oct 1, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought it was awesome! I saw some prople nitpicking online that they woukd have checked the trunk but come on! One unarmed guy with cancer who was supposedly there to do business and they already let him go with 11 million so they werent that worried. Ten on one and armed to the teeth after searching him for weapons and wires and posting a guard outside was plenty. These arent the Green Berets. I'm actually now posting in the Google search box and then trying to copy into a Topix reply before it disappears! Hate this Iphone. Loved the finale! Everything i could hsve asked for and very realistic imo. What about you? You like it?
I remember the last time we got along, we were discussing Newsroom.

Several friends had been strongly recommending that we get into Breaking Bad, but we never had. Then AMC rebroadcast all 61 episodes preceding the final (62nd) episode beginning last Wednesday, and we recorded them. We have now watched the first seven episodes.

We discussed it at dinner last night with several veterans of the show, who were actually envious that we had so much good television ahead of us. They were asking us, have you met Hank yet? Mike?(yes to Hank, no to Mike). It will take us about 6-8 weeks to watch it all at the rate we're going.

Location hidden

#597232 Oct 1, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. Also, the OT/Torah was utilized, and there were numerous "pamhplets" if you will, that were utilized and exchanged during that time and all of that together qualifies as a "bible" of the time.
It's splitting hairs to assert there wasn't a bible in early - pre Constantine *official bible*- times.
Everyone was still going by or operating by what was written or told to them.
So, yeah, there were still books and indoctrination going on.
The point being is someone or a group of people didn't go to sleep one night and wake up with the "knowledge* of Christianity et al, and needed no instruction or book at all.
The belief was instilled, not inherent.
If you really want to understand it all, you should look up the "Jesus Seminar"...it is a wholeistic and "real" ongoing approach by several scholars that addresses the "truth" of it all...like it or not attitude...it is what it is...they are exemplary in my opinion.

Fennario

#597233 Oct 1, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
But you claim to be an atheist---so how you talking about "Satan" or the "Prince of Peace" lol. Phony wanna be atheist!
I'll work on it.

What do you recommend I do to make me more atheistic?
trifecta1 wrote:
I want to remind you more than just Satan. I want to be a horror movie to you when you lay down in you bed at night "atheist".
What beautiful person you are.

You are living proof of my point about the effect of faith on bad people.

Mother Teresa is an example of the effect that faith can have on good people. Her church taught her that suffering was good, and to divert the contributions she fraudulently collected to spend easing the suffering of the dying poor to the Vatican.
trifecta1 wrote:
Yeah I like the fighting---because you were losing :)
Like I said, you are a beautiful person, and a testimony to the power of your god and your faith to change lives.
trifecta1 wrote:
So write--and take you talk of "behavior" and tell it to someone whose reputation on a discussion site means squat to them.
You seem to be proud of your indifference to the image you project and the message you send, as if that indifference were a virtue.

Location hidden

#597234 Oct 1, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>How come? Christians were having a great conversation before you and you ilk come try run over the billboard :)
Really...is that how you view my coming here...as ILK?
No... I came here for some enlightenment...now... it is you and your ilk that deterred "me" from any decent encounter with any "real" promise of the message of the teachings of your christ. Now... I hope you are proud...you, and maybe two others is what convinced me that your religion and it's adherents are not worth the powder to blow it all up, and convinced me that my previous beliefs in the ancient ways were correct in their teachings.
Thank you for proving what I should have already known as "truth".
BT42...

Fennario

#597235 Oct 1, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>This is the argument we were having here before these fake atheists come in here and just rudely interrupt what I though was a good religious discussion among Christians.
Really? You felt that you had to stop discussing a subject because there were posts in the thread that you didn't like interspersed between the ones that you did like? You don't have much fortitude, do you?

Or maybe you just like to blame others for things not in their control. There is nothing that I or any other poster could post that could stop you from continuing any discussion with any other willing collocutor.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#597236 Oct 1, 2013
Happy 1st of October.....

“To me a lush carpet of pine needles
or spongy grass is more welcome
than the most luxurious Persian rug.”

~ Helen Keller

Thought for the day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#597237 Oct 1, 2013
Today's Prayer

Dear God, It's true...I may be the only "Bible" someone ever reads. Please help me be a living testament that is worth reading. Please work through me and help me be a light and a shelter for my non-believing friends, neighbors, coworkers. I am sitting here today, yielded to your will, and asking you to use me open the eyes of someone who has been blind his or her whole life. What an incredible blessing it would be to know I am the instrument you used to bring a person into the Kingdom of God. Lord I want to hide your Word in my heart so that the Holy Spirit can bring it to remembrance at all the right times, that the words that come forth from my mouth would honor you and point other people to you. May you be lifted high and exalted, praised, and worshiped above all. In Jesus' name. Amen. Then the eyes of those who see will no longer be closed, and the ears of those who hear will listen (Isaiah 32:3).

Prime time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#597238 Oct 1, 2013
Encouraging Words....

See, I am sending an angel before you to protect you on your journey and lead you safely to the place I have prepared for you.

Exodus 23:20

K-Love

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#597239 Oct 1, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>LOL....Yes, join us!
(said in creepy Children of the Corn vioice)
That's so CORNY.....

:-P

Location hidden

#597240 Oct 1, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Because in you mind you you like to think---you relish the thought that somehow Christians are either upset with you or have something against because you reject Jesus Christ.
I don't know where you learn that. But I know plenty people of other religions and I get along with them quite well even though they muslim hindu or I still know people from the buddhist religion. They know I Christian I talk to them about Jesus---but I no mad with them cause they reject.
Whatever Christians you have in you offline life somehow poison you to think that if you reject Yeshua the Christ--Christians have something against you. That not the case writer. Find better Christians offline and behind the billboard to associate with.
I don't believe you understand the very reason I ever came here in the first place..You have convinced me that it was a worthless effort to even try, by your own testimonial that you and your religion has nothing to offer that surpass that which I believe in the first place...you HAVE NOTHING to offer. All I have seen in you and your adherents is dissent and arrogant aggression toward anyone who/that is not in your "click"...
You can keep your "click"...I am NOT in any mind to become one of your subjugate nunzio adherents. You can keep it...I am already way above that existence. I am not trying to regress, I am trying to advance my existence...you have nothing to offer me, in fact, I hang around in the hope of making others realize that you(and your ideology) are a deterrent rather than advancement in their progression toward their realization of the ALL.
Thank you for being an example of what not to become to others...

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#597241 Oct 1, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe we are not talking about the same religion...I don't know.
However...this is what I base my statements on...
Matthew 5:13-16
13 “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.
14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.
Your light is to glorify God...not yourself...how can it glorify him if we can not see him in your light.
Makes sense to me...but if you disagree...then so be it.
<quoted text>
Personally...I never think of God in human form...I don't know...maybe he has bunions just like I do. <shrug>
<quoted text>
Why is it that so many of you use a "human" example...comparing God to a human? I always wonder about that...it is as if you want to bring his actions down to what you as a human would do...do you not think that God works on some higher level. If not...why would you need a God?
People will often say...we do not know the mind of God...yet feel free to impose their own mind upon him...I don't get that.
Two different things RR...parents are not God and we are not talking about whether your child has different interests or behaviors than you do.
You are to strive to be Christlike...it is in the Bible...it is preached from the pulpit...has nothing to do with people having different personalities.
But like I said...maybe we are talking about two different faiths.
Since Deb has left the thread...I think you have picked up her baton. She always would come on and say (basically to the Christians)...."Behave and Be Nice...you are representing God and his Word"....Man...would she get hammered for saying that sometimes.

Since you walk everywhere...I thought about this.....

Walk Tall...and carry a Big Stick

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#597242 Oct 1, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> I'm sorry Epi... I refuse to believe that is true...your own posts prove that is untrue...lest you are a liar...and I, for one don't believe you are. You speak from the heart to the best of my perception...and that is all I have to go with at this point...
That puts all trifecta's posts in question regarding truth...now doesn't it?
It is what it is...that's how I see it...
I was just trying to be Funny BT42.....You remember "The Twilight Zone"...Don't you?

Alot of my posts are trying to be funny....Sometimes it doesn't work

Now Matey....Swab that deck

:-)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#597243 Oct 1, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
No... you are describing conflagragrance sis...to the best of my ability ta explain your(or anybody's) situation.
Pssst.....*Epi whispers*

Today is Little Whispers Birthday....Just thought you would like to know....

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#597244 Oct 1, 2013
H_A_V_E

A_

G_O_O_D

D_A_Y

Bye

“Electronic graffiti”

Since: Jun 13

Down Under

#597245 Oct 1, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. He impressed me with his maturity and good nature.
Yeah, I certainly wish him well.

Location hidden

#597246 Oct 1, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just trying to be Funny BT42.....You remember "The Twilight Zone"...Don't you?
Alot of my posts are trying to be funny....Sometimes it doesn't work
Now Matey....Swab that deck
OK...I'll jist start ta swabb'n now...

Location hidden

#597247 Oct 1, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pssst.....*Epi whispers*
Today is Little Whispers Birthday....Just thought you would like to know....
Ooooooooooh1 It's gonna be on now!
Yer a diamond!
Heh,heh,heh!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 3 min Yumpin Yimminy 491
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Regina 568,017
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min It aint necessari... 795,309
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 10 min ChristineM 442,014
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 18 min An NFL Fan 120,708
Homosexuals are servants and human children of ... 20 min who 15
Last Word + 2 (Jul '14) 24 min andet1987 1,021
Scientific proof for God's existence 36 min HipGnosis 554
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Heisenberg 267,407
More from around the web