Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#597203 Sep 30, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah I had you pegged all wrong. Another Aura "contribution". When you log off the culmalative IQ of the room increaes. Hey, that's kinda a contribution:)
Your assessment is invalid also.
As matter of a fact , the only thing you are good at.
Is making up all sorts of bullshit.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#597204 Sep 30, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Tinkerbell Jesus.
If you believe then it is real.
That's the way it works, bear in mind I don't believe.
But for those who do Jesus is very real.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#597205 Sep 30, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, Paul was pretty clueless. Not a Jew and not much of a 'Christian' IMHO.
I dont disagree which law he may have been referring to but the belief was they were obedient to it without ever having heard it as it came naturally to them because it was imprinted in their hearts. The entire idea was one coukd know God and what He wants from us even if nobody had witnessed to them or taught them from any scriptures

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#597206 Sep 30, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>He's doing much better, thanks for asking. It is just the spleen again and this round of chemo is projected to be a lot less servere. They seems to think this is more of a minor flare-up of either not getting it all the first time or a little coming back. And he seems to be gaining strength since the stroke. In fact he and my mother are out with friends even tonight and i just spoke with him during my lunch. I cant make paragraphs without risking losing all I wrote so fiorgive having to read it in this fashion. But I agree that the "hard sell" normally is not the most effective one. Fears fades. Love lingers. Belief should be born of love.(T) Peace
Aaah. I believe you have come to the underlying basis of all existence in this "realm" of existence. Once that is tested, you may even progress to a higher level you may not have even believe ever existed. You have in your behest, my best wishes.

Location hidden

#597207 Sep 30, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Your assessment is invalid also.
As matter of a fact , the only thing you are good at.
Is making up all sorts of bullshit.
prove me wrong. why don't you scroll back from today and make a list of your top 10 posts. Ones that are not just weird insults but that would be considered "food for thought". Do you think you will get to 10 before your first post in the room? What about 5?

Location hidden

#597208 Sep 30, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Aaah. I believe you have come to the underlying basis of all existence in this "realm" of existence. Once that is tested, you may even progress to a higher level you may not have even believe ever existed. You have in your behest, my best wishes.
Thank you friend

Location hidden

#597209 Sep 30, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Indeed the Gentiles had the gospel in their hearts without ever having heard if the Bible
Romans 2-15
They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.)
Those realities were here long before your "deity" of "god" or your "Jesus" had to make any reference to any of them...before your church construct ever had to make any of it "law"....they were all common principle many thousands of years prededing any such pronouncement by your "church".
Your bible construct of "justice" is severely lacking in the face of ancient Egyptian court "justice" by miles....and I mean "miles"...

Location hidden

#597210 Sep 30, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>prove me wrong. why don't you scroll back from today and make a list of your top 10 posts. Ones that are not just weird insults but that would be considered "food for thought". Do you think you will get to 10 before your first post in the room? What about 5?
Correction. Not Top ten. Just your last 10 posts that you think were good posts that someone might have actually taken away something new from.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#597211 Sep 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Don't even try to say that Democratic politicians are any better...
"Better" is a relative term. Herpes is better than AIDS. That's not an endorsement of either.

Still, one is better, and one is worse. You just can't be worse than the Republicans.

Fennario

#597212 Sep 30, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Thanks. It looks like we may have beaten this thing.
Bongo wrote:
hmmm Im skeptical
I have faith.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#597213 Sep 30, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>prove me wrong. why don't you scroll back from today and make a list of your top 10 posts. Ones that are not just weird insults but that would be considered "food for thought". Do you think you will get to 10 before your first post in the room? What about 5?
You act like I am warranted to participate in something you feel is important, when in reality about 99.9% of all conversations in here is nothing more than trivial bullshit. Then there is that .1% that maybe a little more than imbecilic prostelysing but with you, it comes with narcissistic ego petting and the patting yourself on the back for your imaginary supreme wit. But believe me there's no charm in your hollow shell, nor is most of it of any interest what so ever to me beyond my petty stabs at the foolishness of your demeanor of heir extraordinaire.

In short the topics are short of reason for meaning exchange, but if and when I decide to make effort to, is entirely up to my own decision making process. I do find a few people worth more than childish comment from time to time, even yours.
But make no mistake , the exchange in here is about a purposeful and productive as the house and senates ability to arrive at compromise. Which is what I do on a one on one basis, I do not side with anyone, especially if I feel they are wrong, but with you there is something about your personality I find abrasive.

So pardon me if I tell you "Frankly Madam, I don't give a damn".

I do try to tolerate everyone though and maybe my personal flaws are just as bad as yours. That I leave in the grey area of,
not yet defined.

Megamutant

Kiev, Ukraine

#597214 Oct 1, 2013
Isn't Jesus the guy that died on some tree and went to Narnia and came back as a zombie?

I think he is the most famous zombie in the world. well at least as I know of.
Megamutant

Kiev, Ukraine

#597215 Oct 1, 2013
hold on, seems like my next door neighbor's son is called Jesus....

Now I am confused.

Fennario

#597216 Oct 1, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
There is an afterlife after death. Just because you don't believe how does that matter to anyone??
More ironic, insight-free posting. Your faith does not create any of the reality outside of your head.
trifecta1 wrote:
Sure the answer may not be known to you while you're alive---but those that have Faith in Jesus Christ knows there is an afterlife.
No you don't.

Why even post such a thing? In consecutive breaths, you say what cannot be known, then say that you know it. You mock faith and you mock yourself.
trifecta1 wrote:
You railing against that will only have Christians play the Death Card
You don't need my help for that. You're fixated on death.
trifecta1 wrote:
Religious people are the absolute wrong set of people for you to try and use to convince yourself there is no afterlife ~~grin~~
I don't try to convince religious people. I also don't show photos to the blind, nor sing to the deaf, either. What have I tried to convince you of? I just contradict you.

Fennario

#597217 Oct 1, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
God exist. That is not how I hope the world is. That is how IT IS. There could be other possibilities--but I choose Jesus Christ.
You sound psychotic. Do you know what that means? It means that you can't distinguish between that which you choose to believe, and that which exists.
trifecta1 wrote:
Science does not contradict my Faith.
Maybe not the Psalms or Proverbs. But it blows Genesis and Exodus out of the water.
trifecta1 wrote:
Science has nothing to disprove God. Nothing even close.
Your god is ruled out by the bible that describes it, and pure reason.
trifecta1 wrote:
Christianity is not dying. Again, that is your fantastical delusion talking. Your claim is easily refuted by real world facts.
Christianity is dying in Europe and the US where it is well-known. Why do you suppose that is?

I don't know what is happening in its newer markets like Africa and Asia, but I wouldn't be too proud of whatever it is. The Hare Krishnas grew when they were first marketed to the West as well. Rama Rama, Vishnu Vishnu. And I think that Pastafarianism is still growing. Cheese's crust - how grated thou art.
trifecta1 wrote:
It's your infantile stupidity that makes you think just because you make a claim on the billboard---anyone believes it oy!lol!.
More insight-free posting from the man who just rattled off a litany of empty claims.

Fennario

#597218 Oct 1, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
You said... "And what should unbelievers conclude about the power of faith to make people better?" For some...I believe that it does...I have seen that even here on Topix. They are like a light in a sea of darkness...that gives you a little hope that we can all share this planet...take down a few of those bricks that separate us. It is just not often enough...not here...and not in life. I think that I have given up on that fence not being so high.
But why credit faith for the things that you see and like? If faith made people better, it would make them all at least a little better, and none worse. Trifecta has enough faith for an army. It just makes him worse.

Some Christians are good people. I simply don't believe that their faith in Christian dogma makes them better people. We know that disposition is in large part inherited. We see that in the different types of animals. And we know that disposition is in large part related to how a person is treated.

We don't have any reason to conclude that faith - the act of arbitrarily choosing to believe something - has that effect. Nor we have any reason to conclude that faith in Christian doctrine in particular has any salutary effect on disposition.

Good people find their way into Christianity. It is not an endorsement of it. If you want to understand the power of the philosophy itself, or the power of faith itself, look at the ones who are not as likeable, and see how little it does where it is needed most.

Location hidden

#597219 Oct 1, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo Bro !
I am touched by and hear your concern BT... thank you. There are many who are silenced and many others too valuable alive! Those who fear their own safety are those who take life away, but no-one can silence the Spirit of Truth... it has a way of living within the All Eternal Now. We are simply extensions... as with you my friend. Your welcome is both a song and an honor.
Take Care my friend, for there are things that can be spoken and things that cannot be said in so many words. It is enough to know, and see things come together as they were meant to be.
Peace be with you. It is always a pleasure to share with you.
Did I ever share this one with you ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =egCjsQB8iI8XX
~~~ It's worth a smile ~~~
PW... I Am so gled you resurfaced.
I truly care about you.
Your absence caused me great concern and worry.
I am glad you are among the living..we need you, Y'know...at least some of us do...I expect that may show my weakness and need..but that is OK..I don't have a care in that respect. I love you..and don't you ever forget it neither my friend...ever...

Fennario

#597220 Oct 1, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
-- "How little do you think of your god that you would assume that your behavior is acceptable to it?" What behavior? calling you an inferior insecure stunted buffoon? I believe that is what you really are. I think God thinks that is what you really are. If you think that's bad behavior--hang around.
What an amazing coincidence that your god supports you no matter how vile your behavior.
trifecta1 wrote:
---"And what should unbelievers conclude about the power of faith to make people better?" Frankly I don't give a flying rip.

You do your religion proud.
trifecta1 wrote:
my conclusion about you is that you're a miserable wretch trying to convince yourself that you're an atheist and finding this billboard to take out your hatred and frustrations about Christianity but really time and time again getting punched in the mouth time and time again from Christian writers on the billboard that just making you more and more frustrated.
You have a beautiful faith, and it's really done a lot for you. I was just discussing that with Annie. I think that it would be a great thing for the world to immerse more children in it.
trifecta1 wrote:
the opponents that is smarter than you and know that what you doing will not only make sure you can't control or manipulate them using religion--but they will have no mercy when coming after you.
Are you threatening me again? This is the power of faith. Look at what kind of a person you have become under it. Faith facilitates bad people being worse.
trifecta1 wrote:
I think you starting to learn that lesson
I'm learning alright.

Location hidden

#597221 Oct 1, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Indeed the Gentiles had the gospel in their hearts without ever having heard if the Bible
Romans 2-15
They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.)
Us "gentiles" or "Pagans" don't "need" yer goddam scriptures ta be "WORTHY" as you folks put it...we already have a place in the ALL..and we know from whence we came...and to where we shall return when our tour has reached it's consequence and end...something you may never understand because of your tainted religious upbringing.
Perhaps it is YOU that has been misinformed in the relationship of the ALL...have you ever considered that as an aspect of or conncerning your eternity?
In that respect...I CAN ONLY FEEL SORRY FOR YOUR PROSPECT!
It is what it is my friend.........

Fennario

#597222 Oct 1, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
From you come here---the first day you come here. You been railing against Christianity with all you might and in this obsessed possessed death grip with Skombolis.
Your grasp of reality is tenuous.
trifecta1 wrote:
I no see no other writer on here doing that.
Nobody rants like you and the insane Dr. Shrink. Your posting is like a wild man screaming in rage at his computer. You're so angry you threaten me and continually fantasize about my death. I don't do anything like that.
trifecta1 wrote:
The unbelievers write they opposition and disagreement to Christianity and for the most part move on. Not you. You make it personal.
Actually, that's you that has made this personal. I try very hard to keep it about ideas. You don't like mine, so you fling your feces in return. That's when I make it personal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Humble Chosen Child 690,589
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Robert F 989,840
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 16 min Trumps Gray Bar M... 42,479
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 1 hr Paul McCartney is... 639
___ #1 Shock Warning for End Time USA ___ 3 hr Nov 2017 1
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 4 hr Halle Berry Sister 4,367
ex wives of PTSD veterans (Mar '12) 4 hr Maria 44
More from around the web