Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#597046 Sep 30, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
I'm glad you had a nice time. Enjoy the game.
trifecta1 wrote:
LOL oy!lol! Took everything in you write this to Skombolis didn't it :)
No. Actually, it was quite easy, and I'm proud of us both - Skombolis and me. Our behavior was exemplary.

You are a different matter altogether.
trifecta1 wrote:
Com'on writer---you want to do it---you know you want to fight. so fight! fight! writer. That the main event of the billboard---so get to it writer! lol
Not at all. I'm grateful for the rapprochement. You seem to be the only one who likes the fighting. You claim to be a disciple of the Prince of Peace, but you remind me more of Satan as he is often depicted, stirring up discontent and infighting.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#597047 Sep 30, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Skom.....
Opinion on the last episode of Breaking Bad?
:-)
I thought it was awesome! I saw some prople nitpicking online that they woukd have checked the trunk but come on! One unarmed guy with cancer who was supposedly there to do business and they already let him go with 11 million so they werent that worried. Ten on one and armed to the teeth after searching him for weapons and wires and posting a guard outside was plenty. These arent the Green Berets. I'm actually now posting in the Google search box and then trying to copy into a Topix reply before it disappears! Hate this Iphone. Loved the finale! Everything i could hsve asked for and very realistic imo. What about you? You like it?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#597048 Sep 30, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
The clincher is not if the dollar will fall, but when. It is inevitable
What will/can you do to protect yourself?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#597049 Sep 30, 2013
scaritual wrote: It's quite similar to saying that an Arsonist, really isn't a bad guy because he volunteered time to Little League Baseball and paid for the uniforms for the kids last year, and ... "Why can't we focus on that, too, quit being so negative and pointing out he burns buildings for fun and people died in those fires, it isn't like he's all bad"
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Good analogy. I think Jeff Dahmer's mother gave a similar argument. Nobody knew Jeff like she did. To her, the press only saw the one side of him - the cannibalism - and unfairly dwelt on it.
Yeah, and I think it applies to Christianity, in that there are many things good about Christianity, nevertheless, there is a bad side.

That doesn't mean all Christians are bad or Jeffrey Dahmer's.

What it does mean is that there are components of Christianity in the belief, and also among the adherents, that produce negative results.
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Riverside Redneck makes similar arguments for the church, which is also quite off putting. It's the argument of somebody that doesn't care about what harm the church does to others as much as they care about the church. When I sense that is the case, I think I'm dealing with somebody not very interested in non-Christian humanity, and it makes me less interested in Christian part.
Agreed. That type of attitude, for myself, makes me much less inclined to interact civilly or try to find a common ground, as the other person has already declared what ground you're on - whether they're consciously aware of that or not - and I act accordingly.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#597050 Sep 30, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
No. Actually, it was quite easy, and I'm proud of us both - Skombolis and me. Our behavior was exemplary.
You are a different matter altogether.
<quoted text>
Not at all. I'm grateful for the rapprochement. You seem to be the only one who likes the fighting. You claim to be a disciple of the Prince of Peace, but you remind me more of Satan as he is often depicted, stirring up discontent and infighting.
But you claim to be an atheist---so how you talking about "Satan" or the "Prince of Peace" lol. Phony wanna be atheist!

I want to remind you more than just Satan. I want to be a horror movie to you when you lay down in you bed at night "atheist".

Yeah I like the fighting---because you were losing :)

Good you made up with Skombolis. You did yourself a favor. My behavior is to write about you on the billboard as I see you.

Your behavior---can only be the same thing--what you WRITE.

So write--and take you talk of "behavior" and tell it to someone whose reputation on a discussion site means squat to them.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#597051 Sep 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Customs elude you?
In Japan, they say "Itadakimasu", "I humbly receive".
In Korea, they say "Jal meokgesseumnida", "I will eat well'.
In humanist and secular meals, someone may give thanks to all the people responsible for them being together and having food.
It's customary to give thanks before eating.
It's also respectful.
Why do you care who someone is thanking?
Whenever someone thanks an imaginary character for food, I find it fascinating.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#597052 Sep 30, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay. Please define the qualifications for a piece of evidence to be "authentic".
Is there a society or organization that does the authenticating of such evidence?
People on both sides of the fence agree .... It was real.

Not just real in my mind, But one that infested reality like a bad dream. One that you dream everyday, like it or not.

And it never goes away...

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#597053 Sep 30, 2013
Khatru wrote:
"For what we are about to receive, may the Lord make us truly thankful"
That's what so many believers say when they sit down for their meal.
Aren't Christians capable of giving thanks of their own volition? Why does their god have to make them thankful?
Also, they are thanking their god for putting the food on their plates. That's the very same god who doesn't put the food on millions of other plates.
Yeah, you never hear them thanking the underpaid migrant workers that helped produce the food.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#597054 Sep 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Lizard and the frog, eh? Ya, I missed that one.
When I logged on this morning, I didn't even bother going through week-old posts, especially considering there was about 3,000 of them.
Then you missed the posts that were about you.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#597055 Sep 30, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
How much evidence is required?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proofs.

"Pray to me and I swear you will go to Heaven when your dead."

Anyone can say such nonsense.

I say, "Give me a million dollars and I can get you into Heaven."

No difference. No proofs, just words that anyone can claim and never be proven wrong.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#597056 Sep 30, 2013
I personally believe the soul dies a natural death in hell after the body dies on Earth. But that is not a widely held belief (even though i feel I have the verses to support it) so there may always be some conflict over the justness of going to hell for unbelief. That just may always be the elephant in the room. But i personally dont like getting in discussions about the bad with critics if i feel like the only motivation is to try to rub something in my face. I want to see the best face possible on Christianity if only for seekers and want it to work on a societal level because I care about it and think it can do a lot of good. I have no problem sitting diwn with soneone and acknowledging problems ( if I agree its a problem) and talking solutions. Communication is normally always good between sides. But i wont do it if all the good and all the people who try their best or try hard but make mistakes like anyone are going to be relegatred to insignificant status. And their good acts reduced to nothing by claims the people who do wrong far overshadow any good. There is a lot of good and a lot of areas that could use improvement. If anybody comes to me like that then i will always be receptive. Hopefully thar helps explain perhaps where some of us are coming from?

(T) Peace

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#597057 Sep 30, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proofs.
"Pray to me and I swear you will go to Heaven when your dead."
Anyone can say such nonsense.
I say, "Give me a million dollars and I can get you into Heaven."
No difference. No proofs, just words that anyone can claim and never be proven wrong.
Oh there is one really huge and obvious difference memorex.

A 2000 yr old religion with hundreds of millions of followers throughout the ages was not established based on your name, but the name of Yeshua Messiah---Jesus Christ.

When you can established such a religion based on your name as the name of Jesus---then your writing will be correct. But until then--you're wrong.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#597058 Sep 30, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
I personally believe the soul dies a natural death in hell after the body dies on Earth. But that is not a widely held belief (even though i feel I have the verses to support it) so there may always be some conflict over the justness of going to hell for unbelief. That just may always be the elephant in the room. But i personally dont like getting in discussions about the bad with critics if i feel like the only motivation is to try to rub something in my face. I want to see the best face possible on Christianity if only for seekers and want it to work on a societal level because I care about it and think it can do a lot of good. I have no problem sitting diwn with soneone and acknowledging problems ( if I agree its a problem) and talking solutions. Communication is normally always good between sides. But i wont do it if all the good and all the people who try their best or try hard but make mistakes like anyone are going to be relegatred to insignificant status. And their good acts reduced to nothing by claims the people who do wrong far overshadow any good. There is a lot of good and a lot of areas that could use improvement. If anybody comes to me like that then i will always be receptive. Hopefully thar helps explain perhaps where some of us are coming from?
(T) Peace
I have two guns, one for each of you.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#597059 Sep 30, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Not how much, but how authentic.
You mean stories written and told aren't evidence ? <smile>

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#597060 Sep 30, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>I believe in an afterlife--because Jesus says there is an afterlife.....
You believe in stories in a book.

You never heard a single word of Jesus.

Strange that you don't believe in much else in that book.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#597061 Sep 30, 2013
scaritual wrote:
scaritual wrote: It's quite similar to saying that an Arsonist, really isn't a bad guy because he volunteered time to Little League Baseball and paid for the uniforms for the kids last year, and ... "Why can't we focus on that, too, quit being so negative and pointing out he burns buildings for fun and people died in those fires, it isn't like he's all bad"
<quoted text> Yeah, and I think it applies to Christianity, in that there are many things good about Christianity, nevertheless, there is a bad side.
That doesn't mean all Christians are bad or Jeffrey Dahmer's.
What it does mean is that there are components of Christianity in the belief, and also among the adherents, that produce negative results.
<quoted text> Agreed. That type of attitude, for myself, makes me much less inclined to interact civilly or try to find a common ground, as the other person has already declared what ground you're on - whether they're consciously aware of that or not - and I act accordingly.
And that was the point I was trying to make; that they are not all Jeffery Dahmers. To compare the good acts to the bad acts as if they are one person is incredibly unfair. If the example of the bad is going to be one of the worst examples in history then obviously compared to that the good acts wont get a fair shake. Yes if Jeffery D did something nice in-between killing people then who cares? But the acts are done by seperate people. And for every Dahmer their may be millions of acts of kindness done every day. And there may be millions of stumbles every day. who knows? But the point is acknowledging extremes is one thing. Sure ownership must be taken. But to compare every individual act of kindness against the worst possible bad example is simply not an accurate or fair way to go about it.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#597062 Sep 30, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh there is one really huge and obvious difference memorex.
A 2000 yr old religion with hundreds of millions of followers throughout the ages was not established based on your name, but the name of Yeshua Messiah---Jesus Christ.
When you can established such a religion based on your name as the name of Jesus---then your writing will be correct. But until then--you're wrong.
There are far older stories believed by billions of people that you reject.
Yours is but one of millions of myths. No more believable than any other and less believable than many.

"Mine is the only Real Magic Book" - every religion in the world

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#597063 Sep 30, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I have two guns, one for each of you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =PHJvab7bDAYXX
I have seen some new things on Topix lately

Like what I would call "free-agent" trolls. On any given day they may be trolling for or against a 'side'

I can't say I have ever come across a poster that just is completely useless. Seems to never add anything. Never seems to have anything intelligent or interesting to say. And bothers people on every side.

That is until now

If there was a vote for most useless poster on Topix, you would definitely get mine!

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#597064 Sep 30, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe in stories in a book.
You never heard a single word of Jesus.
Strange that you don't believe in much else in that book.
lol---sometimes you so warm and fuzzy memorex--just like the animal in you picture.

you take you meds today?

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#597065 Sep 30, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean stories written and told aren't evidence ? <smile>
No, I meant verified by multiple sources is... close to real .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 11 min Rider on the Storm 3,814
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 17 min ImFree2Choose 2,584
WHY the Veyron is NOT boss over the Aventador 17 min Doctor REALITY 2
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 24 min DebraE 106,532
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 25 min Regina 654,087
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 32 min Toby 973,825
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 51 min Toby 64,090
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 17 hr Clive 80
More from around the web