Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#596942 Sep 30, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You made me choke on a nacho chip!
That was a bit more accelerated than I expected LOL
Thank you
No problem, my new friend. Let's both work to preserve the peace.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#596943 Sep 30, 2013
Well then...

3,000 posts later.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#596944 Sep 30, 2013
Liked the post from overnight....Just my opinion

Have a great Monday Everyone.....

“~ Prince of Peace~”

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#596945 Sep 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Well then...
3,000 posts later.
RR....Skom and Ians have turned a new leaf....Hopefully it will last....No name calling...Just discussions

HFY got bored and left....Hope you had a great Vaca...Have a good one
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#596946 Sep 30, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I can. Just as you can. I don't want to get into an English match with you because it's not my first language but I'm pretty good at it. Try getting into a shouting match in Cantonese with me. We would need a dumpster :)
<quoted text>
You aren't trying hard enough. Jesus weeps.
<quoted text>
Exactly. That's what I was saying. You can't have God in my school. We agree !!
<quoted text>
I'm homosexual, Skom. Please don't.
So you too don’t care what others, most of the people , want? You just want what you want and the majority of the people should settle for that???. It ain’t gonna happen dear unless the end times are here. I want God in MY schools. I want God in MY world. I don’t see why you should get what you want but most people not get what they want. You should realize that when God isn’t in the schools or world then those that don’t believe are exposing our children to their ways. I would rather they be exposed to God. See how that works? You have no more right than anyone else does. It is not your schools, it is our schools and I don’t like what the absence of God in them is doing to them and the Children.
----------

2 Timothy 4:1 ¶I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

I want our Children to spend eternity in heaven.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#596947 Sep 30, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
At one time I also defended RA/ John Coffey's vile nature here on topix.
To the point it ruined a relationship I should of been treasuring instead of fighting against in defense
of himself and Thumper.
Shame on me for that- I own my ignorance there. No one to blame but myself.
Are you honestly implying he is a victim in this mess?
Please tell me you aren't seriously painting him a victim here.
He needs not own any responsibility for his lack of being decent towards those who
oppose him and his religion?
Where's the tolerance and peace a "mature" Christian should strive for?
Honestly Le Le I see how some of those you back and give a free pass to act and feel no need to explain. If you can back them then you have no room to question others.

I don’t like the bad things that are said about you but they are no less bad that the thing that some of your friends say to and about God/Jesus, the Apostles and us (Christians).

Sorry but that is how I feel

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#596948 Sep 30, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you just proposed banning guns from human beings, Barack will be so proud of you.
I didn't get that he was suggesting to ban guns from humans...maybe...I sometimes am wrong in my interpretation. What I got was...

Guns are not stupid...it is the human that will use a gun to eliminate those that they see as less than themselves that are stupid. They fail to realize that at some point...someone will come along and think that you are less than they are...

Just remember Aura...when you and Bongo are making a list of those that you think are stupid...you might have already been put on someone elses "hit list".

The topic of this conversation is rather stupid as far as I am concerned...a stupid gun that shoots stupid people...in hopes of making the target smarter...maybe whomever came up with that idea is a "wee bit" no so smart.

What is sad is that this conversation was devised to distract from words posted that are vile and unkind.

Some of us remember however...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#596949 Sep 30, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
RR....Skom and Ians have turned a new leaf....Hopefully it will last....No name calling...Just discussions
HFY got bored and left....Hope you had a great Vaca...Have a good one
Oh ya? That's great, I hope it lasts, too.

Hiding left?!

I had a great vacation, thank you.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#596950 Sep 30, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. He impressed me with his maturity and good nature.
I admire Lacez's tenacity.

Did we formally induct him as a member of The Group?

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#596951 Sep 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Does that mean that you support the Supreme Court's ban on the school leading students in group prayer? Riverside Redneck thinks it led to the decline of America.
Let's be fair: Satan had a hand in that.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#596952 Sep 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Well then...
3,000 posts later.
How long before legaldouche starts in with you?

Cambridge, UK

#596953 Sep 30, 2013
<quoted text>
I'll leave that to you, Whispers. That's a Christian concept - the hopelessness and worthlessness of a mankind crippled from birth by its sin nature, and totally dependent on a god for everything.
Humanists have a different outlook. From the Affirmations of Humanism:
• We believe in the fullest realization of the best and noblest that we are capable of as human beings.
• We believe in optimism rather than pessimism, hope rather than despair, learning in the place of dogma, truth instead of ignorance, joy rather than guilt or sin, tolerance in the place of fear, love instead of hatred, compassion over selfishness, beauty instead of ugliness, and reason rather than blind faith or irrationality.
Yes, my experience is that there are all-too-many Christians who have no problem whatsoever in labeling humanity as wretched and blaming them for every bad thing that happens on this planet.

Of course, when something good happens, they don't hesitate in attributing that to their deity-in-hiding.

A Christian will usually credit his god for that empty parking space at the shopping mall they've just found. Likewise for ensuring that the food they eat gets to their table.

Is that same god culpable for standing idly by and doing nothing to save the 21,000 people who die each day from starvation?

Not if you're a Christian.

I wonder what Christians would think if our lawmakers imposed the same sort of rules and draconian penalties/sanctions that their god did.

They'd probably think our government had lost its marbles and gone insane. They may well be right to think that.

Yet when their god does just that they see it as an outpouring of transcendent love.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#596954 Sep 30, 2013
Sun has come up,
Time to get up.
Good morning.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#596955 Sep 30, 2013
Bongo wrote:
How long before legaldouche starts in with you?
I'm sure he cried himself to sleep every night last week...

Cambridge, UK

#596956 Sep 30, 2013
"For what we are about to receive, may the Lord make us truly thankful"

That's what so many believers say when they sit down for their meal.

Aren't Christians capable of giving thanks of their own volition? Why does their god have to make them thankful?

Also, they are thanking their god for putting the food on their plates. That's the very same god who doesn't put the food on millions of other plates.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#596957 Sep 30, 2013
Khatru wrote:
"For what we are about to receive, may the Lord make us truly thankful"
That's what so many believers say when they sit down for their meal.
Aren't Christians capable of giving thanks of their own volition? Why does their god have to make them thankful?
Also, they are thanking their god for putting the food on their plates. That's the very same god who doesn't put the food on millions of other plates.
Whos the parents of those children? Did they have responsible sex? Who is their God, a piece of wood or a statue? Katsu ol chap you lack.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#596958 Sep 30, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't get that he was suggesting to ban guns from humans...maybe...I sometimes am wrong in my interpretation. What I got was...
Guns are not stupid...it is the human that will use a gun to eliminate those that they see as less than themselves that are stupid. They fail to realize that at some point...someone will come along and think that you are less than they are...
Just remember Aura...when you and Bongo are making a list of those that you think are stupid...you might have already been put on someone elses "hit list".
The topic of this conversation is rather stupid as far as I am concerned...a stupid gun that shoots stupid people...in hopes of making the target smarter...maybe whomever came up with that idea is a "wee bit" no so smart.
What is sad is that this conversation was devised to distract from words posted that are vile and unkind.
Some of us remember however...
Not so much, how about the war that is fought with the "love ray" gun. You shoot your enemy , who then falls in love with you.

This is the work of science fiction, stupid guns and love rays. lol
Actually it was as a distraction, because what Bongo said was taken out of context, and if the dollar collapses. And today you will be hearing echos of this very thing, a divided country.
But more importantly the chaos that will come from the collapse
of the dollar. No one will quite be prepared for the changes that will come quickly. It would be foolish to think that masses of starving people will be civil. But most of everyone doesn't want to think of it. Do you think they did in 1928 think about what was about to happen?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#596959 Sep 30, 2013
Good morning everyone. Just stepping in to say hello, hope all is well.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#596960 Sep 30, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Even though this post was made before we came to an agreement again, I will offer an apology for it
I also will not respond negatively to anything said to any of my posts you respond to before you get to my reply to your post about starting over
I feel it will help the transition if we don't go into it with you feeling like I got a parting shot
It was a nice post you made about the game
Enjoy your day
Thanks. It looks like we may have beaten this thing.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#596961 Sep 30, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 min old_moose 36,522
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min trifecta1 988,420
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 42 min NutSoDivineMsM 688,601
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 5 hr Peter Ross 6,541
How did black people get here ( economically) 9 hr RFD 64
What was the Vegas mass murderer's REAL problem? 10 hr RFD 18
Why is Mahattan Johnny a gay trucker 11 hr JuJu 6
More from around the web