Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#596660 Sep 29, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>

I don’t mean RA either. I can’t speak for him but I think he is has more than enough thrown at him and is just giving back what he has gotten and gets. I have been posting with him for about 5 years now and he has had a lot thrown at him too.
At one time I also defended RA/ John Coffey's vile nature here on topix.
To the point it ruined a relationship I should of been treasuring instead of fighting against in defense
of himself and Thumper.
Shame on me for that- I own my ignorance there. No one to blame but myself.

Are you honestly implying he is a victim in this mess?
Please tell me you aren't seriously painting him a victim here.

He needs not own any responsibility for his lack of being decent towards those who
oppose him and his religion?
Where's the tolerance and peace a "mature" Christian should strive for?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#596661 Sep 29, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would we kill our thread? We salvaged it and then made it ours.
It's your old thread that is dead and gone now, along with most of its former habitués.
LOL Not wise to make long range plans.

LOL you came into this world with nothing and you shall leave the same way. So you own nothing, you borrow while you are here and then leave it behind in death.

LOL Former habitués you real certain of that or are eyes watching you perform.

LOL You do not have the wisdom, knowledge, patience, compassion, love, peace, to kill off the POWER OF GOD.

LOL All you are is a simple human He created and God will do with you as He pleases.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#596662 Sep 29, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Now a buddy talked me into going to a bar to play darts and meet a few of his work buddies. That seems like a lot of effort compared to sitting on my couch, eating pizza, and watching football!
That's just as I imagined your life. I'll bet it would have been just as interesting to sit on your TV and watch your couch.

I spent the day with my wife. It began as usual with a walk to and around the lake to greet the rising sun, and ended with a pork loin and souffle dinner for four overlooking the lake, where we watched the sun set over wine and music.

Venus was quite brilliant and beautiful last night trailing the setting sun, and in turn being chased by Scorpio. It was quite spiritual, and we expressed gratitude for being surrounded by so much beauty and to have such good friends.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#596663 Sep 29, 2013
<quoted text>
Get real. You were at each other's throats when I arrived.
<quoted text>
Lying Christian filth.
<quoted text>
You're doing it now, Dimwit. You're trying to depict yourselves as superior.
<quoted text>
You must be back on the pipe to post something like that. The thread just watched you shit-can our most recent efforts to achieve a peace. You won't have it. You prefer tantruming
<quoted text>
You are hopelessly detached from reality. This fight is all your choice. You just won't tolerate criticism of your church without a tantrum.
But you can't stop it, either, can you little man?
Whew.
Bongo

United States

#596664 Sep 29, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Constitution does not allow it. A New Jersey judge made that clear yesterday. Stand up or stand by. Lead, follow or get out of my fuckinway.
I am the people.
Dont get to tough, foreign ass. We tax payers and soldiers sacrificed a lot for your "rights". Your free education and other freebies come from "our" benevolence. I shudder to think what a morose one legged atheist homosexual females destiny would be in Korea. Live stock would fare better. Now behave and stop making a spectacle of your self. Remember, if all you lumped together deviants get to tall in your britches the guns will probably come out. The national debt will surely help that happen.
Bongo

United States

#596665 Sep 29, 2013
<quoted text>
That's just as I imagined your life. I'll bet it would have been just as interesting to sit on your TV and watch your couch.
I spent the day with my wife. It began as usual with a walk to and around the lake to greet the rising sun, and ended with a pork loin and souffle dinner for four overlooking the lake, where we watched the sun set over wine and music.
Venus was quite brilliant and beautiful last night trailing the setting sun, and in turn being chased by Scorpio. It was quite spiritual, and we expressed gratitude for being surrounded by so much beauty and to have such good friends.
Its amazing how you wont see our wonderful arcane deities hand in all this awe inspiring goodness.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#596666 Sep 29, 2013
<quoted text>
Make sure your walks are consistent, of reasonable length and carried out at a vigorous pace.

Or you'll be gaining weight with pork and souffles and tiramisus.(Is it tiramisi?)

Location hidden

#596667 Sep 29, 2013
<quoted text>
Agreed. You summed it up nicely.
<quoted text>
Still laughing. You're a treasure, Le_le.
Thanks- I see you as a treasure also.
A gift to wsjlm.
:)

Wonder where Lacez has been? Hope he's well.
Couldn't have been easy- all the derogatory insults flying towards his being.
He surely stood up to the face of intolerance and hate w honor.

Location hidden

#596668 Sep 29, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Whew.
Right??
lol.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#596669 Sep 29, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Whew.
Whew is right. God lead a few in here by the very end of their noses and they not smart enough to figure out what is happening.
Oh yea for your information their is a plan in place for you too.

Fennario

#596670 Sep 29, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
RR is on vacation so we've somewhat of a reprieve from misogyny, bigotry and racism ..

[QUOTE who="Skombolis"]I have seen him go out of his way to compliment both as a person and as a woman. I have seen him defend you and he is always civil to you
I haven't, but even so, so what? Civil discourse is expected, not grounds for praise, even if people like you and Larry don't see the point in it without recognition.
Skombolis wrote:
And in return you bash him even when he isn't posting because it was worth it to try to get a laugh at his expense.
Bashing? You're such a drama queen and a simpleton. You have no idea what we think. You never seem to understand our words or their motivations.

RR's racism and misogyny are offensive, and don't get a pass because of the other things he posts. HL's comment was a statement of fact. We have had a reprieve from his misogyny, bigotry and racism. The misogyny would be particularly offensive to women, and its absence a welcome relief.

Speaking of which, wouldn't you be happier on a Christian thread? Why are you hanging around and bashing unbelievers if you don't like us?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#596671 Sep 29, 2013
<quoted text>
You've got those reversed. The message board and the people posting to it actually exist, and your god is the fantasy - a figment of your imagination.
Hope that helps.
Only death can prove my God a fantasy---get to it.

Of course the people writing behind the billboard exist---Duh!

It's the internet personas that is fake, acting and made up.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#596672 Sep 29, 2013
<quoted text>
Fortunately, we have you to keep the posting fresh, delusional writer of 150,000 points playing the Hawking billboard fantasy game oy!ayai!lol!
????

you like the game too huh? you can play too.

I put the game on hold because it was becoming quite clear you were going to kill yourself in a death grip with Skombolis.

That is more interesting :)

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#596673 Sep 29, 2013
<quoted text>
Get real. You were at each other's throats when I arrived.
<quoted text>
Lying Christian filth.
<quoted text>
You're doing it now, Dimwit. You're trying to depict yourselves as superior.
<quoted text>
You must be back on the pipe to post something like that. The thread just watched you shit-can our most recent efforts to achieve a peace. You won't have it. You prefer tantruming
<quoted text>
You are hopelessly detached from reality. This fight is all your choice. You just won't tolerate criticism of your church without a tantrum.
But you can't stop it, either, can you little man?
see---can't let go of that Death grip can you ~~grin~~

fight! fight! writer. war! war writer!

I think the death of this thread is far less likely than the death of you.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#596674 Sep 29, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Dont get to tough, foreign ass. We tax payers and soldiers sacrificed a lot for your "rights". Your free education and other freebies come from "our" benevolence. I shudder to think what a morose one legged atheist homosexual females destiny would be in Korea. Live stock would fare better. Now behave and stop making a spectacle of your self. Remember, if all you lumped together deviants get to tall in your britches the guns will probably come out. The national debt will surely help that happen.
"a morose one legged atheist homosexual female"...

Is this what some of you call a civil conversation with no insults being thrown...or is this the way you defend yourself?

Guns will come out?

Go to church Clownie...try to pay attention...surely this is not what you are taught in Sunday school...at least I hope not. If it is...surely you can do better somewhere else.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#596675 Sep 29, 2013
<quoted text>
Christians can do whatever they like and feel that their god stands behind them. It's easy. You just choose the scriptures that you think support that, call the ones that seem to contradict that old law or metaphor, do whatever you like, and forgive yourself just in case.
It's a shabby philosophy that facilitates whatever kind of bad behavior the Christian prefers. We see it here in several of these posters, none of which would have a chance of being accepted by a moral and judgmental god, and none of which has any doubt that he is saved.
This writing easily dismissed. It's another death claim and death argument because only in death can God be proved or disproved.

Life is good right now.

other part of you writing worthless opinion about Christianity that only your other delusional ilk cares about--no loss.

Fennario

#596676 Sep 29, 2013
MrAnderson9_ wrote:
God is real
"Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up must come down, down. down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it." – Dan Barker

Your god can't be real. If it were, there would be no pain or sorrow. If there are gods, they are either not omniscient, not omnipotent, or don't love us. The human condition rules out the possibility that your god exists.

So does its AWOL nature. A god that wants to be known and loved would be apparent and unmistakable. If there are gods, they don't want to be found. That's not your god.

Those are two proofs of its nonexistence right there.

Want more?

If your god existed, it wouldn't tolerate blasphemy, its church wouldn't be withering away, it couldn't have been expelled from grade school, its intelligent designs would be unmistakeable, the bible's creation myth wouldn't have been so incorrect, and there would be only one religion, which wouldn't even be recognized as a religion - just more science.

More? OK.

Perfection doesn't allow for change, since either the before or after state would have been less than perfect. You cant change the shape of a perfectly straight line without making it imperfect. Likewise, a perfect god couldn't create anything or even think anything without losing perfection.

I could go on, but what's the point?

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#596677 Sep 29, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
I have never insulted or labeled atheists as it pertains to the faith. I have never claimed atheists are going to hell or said their father is satan of anything like that.
Many Christians do. Your bible says that as well, and according to your bible, the mere fact that >anyone< is not Christian, means all of those things above, and more. There are many things or poeople that are "condemned" by your belief/doctrine. When you say:

"Well, I don't say those things"

It doesn't mean much.

You don't have to say any of it.

It's part of the parcel of Christian doctrine.

I can read it for myself.

Location hidden

#596678 Sep 29, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
This is despite hearing on a regular basis that we are delusional, religitards, need a crutch to get through life, are immoral, that we somehow condone sex crimes because we have no means to stop it and haven't abandoned our local churches, and too many more to mention I have heard everything from God raped Mary to sky daddy to dead Jew on a stick to comparing my belief in God to be equivalent to believing in the Easter Bunny
There is nothing about atheism that states or decrees that you are worthy of death. I don't have a belief that your deity exists.

Your religious/deity belief, to me, is no different than someone approaching me on the street and demanding that I accept his belief that the worship of Orange Kangaroo is a means and way to everlasting life, all I need to do is believe. Or, I will suffer an eternal tortuous living death - after - I die, if I don't believe.

Please, don't interject any metaphorical meaning that you may personally have concerning death/afterlife/eternity at this point, as I'm approaching this from mainline Christian doctrine.

Do you understand that? I'm not trying to belittle you, come across as an ass, be facetious, or insult you. That perfectly represents the claims of all deity beliefs, as far as the weight I give them, in representing reality.

I do understand your belief represents reality to you.

I don't have that belief. When the Christian doctrine states I am worthy of eternal tortured death(and that's all non Christians, btw) for non belief, compared to it being stated that I think your belief is delusional, and other various comments that you've heard, really pales, when the underpinnings of Christian doctrine decrees death for myself and others.

You take umbrage at comments made about Christians being delusional.

I take umbrage at the Christian doctrine stating that I'm a pawn of your trickster deity, and deserve eternal torture for non belief or noncompliance.

There is no comparison.

Just remember; Nothing I say, believe or think, no doctrine I follow, includes death and a followup eternal living torture package for you.

I just think deity beliefs are silly. That's it.

I wish it were that simple, and by that, I mean that if your religious beliefs (Christianity) did not try to enforce its morals, ideology and beliefs upon myself, my son, and his eventual children and everyone else in >our< society, then it'd be no big deal.

But you know as well as I do, that isn't the case.

You'd be just as offended and fed up if it was the worshipers of the Orange Kangaroo in the role of Christianity in >our< society, and you were the 3%, or 10%. or the minority, and the worshipers of Orange Kangaroo thought you were worthy of death if you don't believe as they do, were trying to get laws passed that favored their ideology, and oft times trampled on your personal space and freedoms.

And it's a small thing, but just think how you'd feel if every time you pulled money out of your pocket you notice the wording:

"IN POUCH WE TRUST"

You would find the Orange Kangarooians quite delusional.

Location hidden

#596679 Sep 29, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
I prefer debate although I certainly have no problem obviously going the other route. But I don't label groups and regardless of sides, if credit is due somewhere I will give it
Sure, I enjoy the debate too.

I'm aware that there are positives in Christianity. What will we debate concerning the positives? What positives about Christianity aren't underscored by the doctrine of my eternal living death?

What positives aren't underscored by double standards for Christians vs. the non Christian in our society?

What am I talking about? http://www.amednews.com/article/20110919/prof... There are states that have provisions for parents that withhold medical treatments for children due to religious beliefs and courts are lenient in rendering decisions/enforcing sentencing etc...

If I were to do something of that nature(I wouldn't), do you think they'd give me a lesser sentence?

They'd send my ass to the electric chair, and rightly so, or at the least I'd serve the full sentence. It wouldn't help that I'm atheist, either. That alone might ensure I certainly got the electric chair.

Now how would you feel if it were the worshipers of Orange Kangaroo that received leniency if they withheld medical treatments from their children and those children died? I've got a feeling you'd be saying the same thing I say, and others say. You may very well feel that way as it is.But not all Christians do, and therein lies the problems. The variations that in some instances Christianity causes no harm, and in others it causes great harm.

Yeah. Christianity is tainted by that, and many other things that happens in the name of Christianity, or done by Christians.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 8 min Get a life 53,405
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Tellthetruth 992,505
Got my ex pregnant before break up. What do I do? 5 hr glenford2 5
Is God a "Bully" sometimes? 6 hr Doctor REALITY 62
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 7 hr quilterqueen 4,680
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 8 hr quilterqueen 1,506
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 hr Unsolved Mistery 693,594
More from around the web