Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#596628 Sep 28, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
You yell at me when you get to the southern end.
I will but right now I walk down mountains like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#596629 Sep 28, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is nice to be able to relax at home and watch something on TV. But who knows, you might meet a new friend. Or enjoy relaxing and watching it on TV at home even more the next time LOL
Oh I didn’t mention that I love pizza.
Yeah it turned out to be a good time

His work buddies were pretty cool

I don't drink and I am not a huge fan of going somewhere with people I don't know let alone to a bar. It can sometimes feel like work because obviously out of respect for my friend i am going to put effort into being engaging. But sometimes I catch myself thinking "Hearing your theories on how you know all the waitresses want to have sex with you is fascinating drunk stranger who I will never see again in my life but I've afraid that's all the time I have to invest this conversation"

LOL

But they were just a couple of cool, laid back guys and it was a fun time. I was glad I went. But tomorrow for the Lion's game, definitely couch and pizza:)

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#596630 Sep 28, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>That's the "excepiona potentiae" to logic.
Also called the "poof" exception.
You'll see that a lot. Enough that I made up the term.
Lol - Hi Mac

First he states his point by making a certain comparison. Then he argues against the comparison he just made.

If that's not the confused actions of someone full of doubt, I don't know what is.

Still, with all those contradictions in the Bible it's hardly surprising that he's confused.

Cambridge, UK

#596631 Sep 28, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
instead brain you atheists have full skull of monkey s...and stinking farts?
Is that a line from one of your hymns?

Cambridge, UK

#596632 Sep 28, 2013
MrAnderson9_ wrote:
God is real
Which god would that be?

You really need to be specific when referring to your deity.

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#596633 Sep 28, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never insulted or labeled atheists as it pertains to the faith
I have never claimed atheists are going to hell or said their father is satan of anything like that
This is despite hearing on a regular basis that we are delusional, religitards, need a crutch to get through life, are immoral, that we somehow condone sex crimes because we have no means to stop it and haven't abandoned our local churches, and too many more to mention.
I have heard everything from God raped Mary to sky daddy to dead Jew on a stick to comparing my belief in God to be equivalent to believing in the Easter Bunny
I prefer debate although I certainly have no problem obviously going the other route. But I don't label groups and regardless of sides, if credit is due somewhere I will give it
I am willing to listen to criticism. But not if the goal is no matter what to focus on only the negative or only wanting to paint Christianity in the worst light possible.
You suggested I try to ignore the bad and pretend it doesn't exist or something to that effect. How so? Have I not said I want anyone involved in child abuse or cover-ups to go to prison, up to and including the pope if he was involved? That he should not have diplomatic immunity in cases involving child abuse. That religion can be used to manipulate people politically by politicians who don't even care about the faith. That we don't have a right to legislate our morality as I wouldn't want another faith having that power over me and I would vote for gay marriage?
So please do not characterize my wanting you to acknowledge the good as ignoring the bad. I simply want you to apply standards equally. And when you say things like the bad has overtaken the good, explain how. Because I have seen a lot of strides in the last decade out of church policy and in politics. From women allowed to be priests to the pope resigning to clean house. And gay marriage being passed would never happen if not for Christian votes.
What in the last 5-10 years would make you think the bad outweighs the good? And without knowing so many of the members, exactly what are you focusing on when you make that determination?
It's really very simple, Skom.

I don't have a problem with your God or how you worship him as long as you do that privately.

When people try to push your God into my government and my public squares, then I have a problem. Your God can not come into my schools. Your God can not come into my courts of law. Your God can not come into my Senate or my House of Representatives or my Presidency. It's forbidden.

If you want to put a Nativity Scene on your lawn, I'm all for it.

If you want to put a Nativity Scene on my lawn, I will smash the baby Jesus' head with my carbon composite foot.

It's not Rocket surgery.

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#596634 Sep 28, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You make up with that fuckweasel (royalties are in the mail, River) and I'm outa here.
Why don't you just go eat a taco, take a siesta and pay the 5 pesos to your sirvienta?
(I am certain this will sabotage your attempt to receive a civil response from the fuckweasel [more money on the way, River].)

Location hidden

#596635 Sep 28, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
It's really very simple, Skom.
I don't have a problem with your God or how you worship him as long as you do that privately.
When people try to push your God into my government and my public squares, then I have a problem. Your God can not come into my schools. Your God can not come into my courts of law. Your God can not come into my Senate or my House of Representatives or my Presidency. It's forbidden.
If you want to put a Nativity Scene on your lawn, I'm all for it.
If you want to put a Nativity Scene on my lawn, I will smash the baby Jesus' head with my carbon composite foot.
It's not Rocket surgery.
It isn't rocket surgery

The simple fact is it is not YOUR schools or YOUR Congress.

They belong to the people

And 90% of those people are religious

We have religious freedom and freedom of religious expression guaranteed by the Constitution. The only restriction the Constitution places on society is the following:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion,.."

And it goes on to say:

" or prohibiting the free exercise thereof ."

That's pretty straight forward

What if someone were to tell you that they have no problem with you being gay but keep it private. They want their kids hearing about it, they don't want to see your Gay Pride Parades, they don't want it our Congress.

Are you ok with that?

And why should anybody get to decide for anybody else what legal activity they need to restrict to their homes?

Location hidden

#596636 Sep 29, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>

It's not Rocket surgery.
Heh

You got me doing it to0

I think we are mixing metaphors and combine "brain surgery" and "rocket science"

:)

Location hidden

#596637 Sep 29, 2013
Many people think prayer was banned in school because of some separation of church and state.

That isn't the case.

We still have our first amendment rights and teachers or students can pray in a public school and can do so openly.

What was banned was ORGANIZED public prayer because now it is infringing on the rights of other students who can not be forced to participate or even be involved.

The court then went on to say:

"Further, the Court supported exercise of First Amendment rights in public schools in their decision in Tinker v. Des Moines, 393 U.S. 503 (1969), "First Amendment rights, applied in light of the special characteristics of the school environment, are available to teachers and students. It can hardly be argued that either students or teachers shed their constitutional rights to freedom of speech or expression at the schoolhouse gate."

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_did_the_US_Supr...

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#596638 Sep 29, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't rocket surgery
The simple fact is it is not YOUR schools or YOUR Congress.
They absolutely are MY schools and MY Congress.
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
They belong to the people
I'm the people.
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
And 90% of those people are religious
That's not my fault.
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
We have religious freedom and freedom of religious expression guaranteed by the Constitution. The only restriction the Constitution places on society is the following:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion,.."
And it goes on to say:
" or prohibiting the free exercise thereof ."
That's pretty straight forward
Like I said. I have no problem with your gods or how you worship them but you can not do it in my schools or my government unless you allow Satanism in as well. Is that what you want?
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>

What if someone were to tell you that they have no problem with you being gay but keep it private. They want their kids hearing about it, they don't want to see your Gay Pride Parades, they don't want it our Congress.
Are you ok with that?
Would you like a do over? A Mulligan?
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
And why should anybody get to decide for anybody else what legal activity they need to restrict to their homes?
You only get one Mulligan in this game.

Location hidden

#596639 Sep 29, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
They absolutely are MY schools and MY Congress.
<quoted text>
I'm the people.
No, you are but ONE of the people. So the possessive pronoun you should be using is OUR schools and OUR congress. And you have no legal right to dictate to others how they exercise their freedoms so long as it isn't forced on you. You can't say where it is and isn't allowed
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not my fault.
Nor is it our fault you aren't religious
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said. I have no problem with your gods or how you worship them but you can not do it in my schools or my government unless you allow Satanism in as well. Is that what you want?
Again, to say "MY schools" implies you are the only one with a say. You aren't

And so long as it isn't organized where other people are forced to be involved, people can do whatever they want within the law. I have no problem with that. The First Amendment is bigger than me or you or anyone
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you like a do over? A Mulligan?
<quoted text>
I don't need one

I didn't say I would say that

But did you find it offensive that others would tell you to keep a fundamental part of who you are restricted to your home because they don't want to see it?

Now you know how we feel when you say it

Location hidden

#596640 Sep 29, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>

Why would this:

"And why should anybody get to decide for anybody else what legal activity they need to restrict to their homes?"

..require a mulligan?

You think people should be allowed to decide for others what legal activity they need to restrict to their homes?

That's a pretty slippery slope

You have already shown you wouldn't like being on the receiving end

Considering you are in the 3-5% and Christians are in the 75%, how well do you think that would work out for you if that was allowed?

Fortunately the Constitution doesn't allow it
Bongo

Yonkers, NY

#596641 Sep 29, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>

bwhahahahahahahaahhaha you got RT all wrong

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#596642 Sep 29, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> bwhahahahahahahaahhaha you got RT all wrong
You're beginning to be redundant.

You're starting to bore me.

I will ignore you when that happens. You will be become Dr Shrink to me.

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#596643 Sep 29, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are but ONE of the people. So the possessive pronoun you should be using is OUR schools and OUR congress. And you have no legal right to dictate to others how they exercise their freedoms so long as it isn't forced on you. You can't say where it is and isn't allowed
Of course I can. Just as you can. I don't want to get into an English match with you because it's not my first language but I'm pretty good at it. Try getting into a shouting match in Cantonese with me. We would need a dumpster :)
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor is it our fault you aren't religious
You aren't trying hard enough. Jesus weeps.
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
And so long as it isn't organized where other people are forced to be involved, people can do whatever they want within the law. I have no problem with that. The First Amendment is bigger than me or you or anyone
Exactly. That's what I was saying. You can't have God in my school. We agree !!
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
But did you find it offensive that others would tell you to keep a fundamental part of who you are restricted to your home because they don't want to see it?
Now you know how we feel when you say it
I'm homosexual, Skom. Please don't.

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#596644 Sep 29, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would this:
"And why should anybody get to decide for anybody else what legal activity they need to restrict to their homes?"
..require a mulligan?
You think people should be allowed to decide for others what legal activity they need to restrict to their homes?
That's a pretty slippery slope
Considering you are in the 3-5% and Christians are in the 75%, how well do you think that would work out for you if that was allowed?
Fortunately the Constitution doesn't allow it
The Constitution does not allow it. A New Jersey judge made that clear yesterday. Stand up or stand by. Lead, follow or get out of my fuckinway.

I am the people.

Cambridge, UK

#596645 Sep 29, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>

Yet dictating to others about how to exercise religious freedoms (amongst other things) is exactly what Christians have been doing for centuries.

[QUOTE who="Skombolis"]
So you have no problems whatsoever with prayers in schools for all other religions (including Satanism)?

Cambridge, UK

#596646 Sep 29, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I can. Just as you can. I don't want to get into an English match with you because it's not my first language but I'm pretty good at it. Try getting into a shouting match in Cantonese with me. We would need a dumpster :)
<quoted text>
You aren't trying hard enough. Jesus weeps.
<quoted text>
Exactly. That's what I was saying. You can't have God in my school. We agree !!
<quoted text>
I'm homosexual, Skom. Please don't.
Cantonese as opposed to Putonghua?

Cambridge, UK

#596647 Sep 29, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Yet dictating to others about how to exercise religious freedoms (amongst other things) is exactly what Christians have been doing for centuries.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 52 min KENTUCKY CATHOLIC 983,098
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr KENTUCKY CATHOLIC 683,747
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr old_moose 15,985
So how exactly did O.J. Simpson pull off a doub... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 14
the REAL reason for General Motors sales slumps 2 hr Doctor REALITY 1
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 5 hr Disappointed US ... 6,416
Looking for girls to snapchat 6 hr aldenmorgan737 1
More from around the web