|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You're rationalizing for Rider..
No

You are rationalizing HL

Anyone could see what he meant. She used a technicality to pretend she didn't know otherwise. She knew she did it or she never would have claimed her post was just a compliment to Epi when it started off questioning Larry why he said "why bother"?

If she really thought he meant it like she presented it, she wouldn't have denied calling him on it. Instead she pretended she didn't because she knew it was a crappy thing to do to someone who had just made some very nice overtures to her

Not only you can't admit to being wrong and neither can some that came here with you, you guys defend each other's wrongdoings.

Your group's people skills are atrocious

Forget the trolling. How about simply the fact you guys can't engage in any exchange with someone even when they are being civil without being condescending and snide?

You guys can't seem to talk to normally to anyone that isn't part of your co-dependent support system

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny.
OK. What in the HELL IS "third world" Tiramisu?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

Le_le wrote:
Unreal. Of course your post was a compliment to Epi.. One could only find malice in what you wrote- if that's what they were looking for in the first place.
Agreed. You summed it up nicely.
Le_le wrote:
I should of figured Skom and Larry would turn this into a circus. Two clowns behaving as.. well...clowns.
Still laughing. You're a treasure, Le_le.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is good.
My daddy was a stiller an runner. He had a 39 ford "dual tank". Fastest thing in 4 counties till they caught em in a 5 way roadblock ! That was it! He went ta work for the army do'in near about the same thing all over the world after that. They called him the "communications expert" LOL! I'll jist stop the progression o' lineage right there if ya don't mind....I'm still alive ya see...
They still call it "white likker" in my region. The people I know do anyway. Not sure why. I do know that when someone talks about "moon shine" here, it clues you that they aren't from the immediate area,

There's all kinds of little things and "speak" that lets you know what you need to know. What seems like a 5 or 6 word mumble to someone else can convey all kinds of information.

You know how it is.*winks*

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
More information, from Christian sources, that illustrate the problem.
Does Christianity Have an Image Problem?
" Broadly speaking, outsiders are hostile toward Christianity because of its perceived "swagger," our sense of self-importance, even arrogance: "We have become famous for what we oppose, rather than who we are for." More specifically, the negative image centers on the following six themes:
We are hypocritical, with a morally superior attitude.
We are too focused on getting converts.
We are anti-homosexual, with bigoted and intolerant attitudes toward gays and lesbians.
We are sheltered and isolated, out of touch with the rest of the world.
We are too political, in that our views too often reflect conservative ideology and the right wing.
We are judgmental, lacking in love, and too quick to condemn."
http://www.cedarville.edu/Offices/Student-Lif...
Christianity's Image Problem
" If Jesus' public relations committee were working for anyone else, they'd have been fired long ago. Anyone else with such a bad image problem would disappear. The campaign would be over, the bus tour cancelled, the public appearances would stop."
http://www.ministrymatters.com/all/article/en...
'My Confession' Campaign Aims to Reverse Christianity's Bad Image
"A group that seeks to reverse the bad image of Christianity in America launched a new campaign Tuesday that encourages Christians to publicly confess their shortcomings by leaving notes in public places and reporting them on a website.
The My Confession campaign, organized by Changing the Face of Christianity, Inc., hopes to get Christians to acknowledge problems such as hidden hypocrisy, intolerance and homophobia failings that give the faith a bad name."
http://www.christianpost.com/news/my-confessi...
Just about everything mentioned in the sites provided above, and previously, echo what atheists and the others that frequent here non theists, agnostics etc...commonly referred to as "Trolls" have been saying from the beginning.
Christians recognize and say it too.
It isn't just atheists and non theists that speak out and confront the issue.
It isn't trolling to point that out.
You are back on this again?

But still won't answer 2 simple questions

You want to pretend you aren't stereotyping. But you can't even bring yourself to say any group will have people that do bad things and thus be considered "tainted" or admit if an individual negative action can taint an entire group then individual positive actions should make it look better

If you were capable of being honest you would have to concede it goes both ways and there are a lot of people within the faith doing good and making Christianity look good

But that doesn't serve your purpose.

You want to only focus on the negative and only focus on one group even though it applies to every group. Why do you not spend time giving credit for all the good that is done?

Yeah I would say coming here and refusing to answer any question that doesn't further your goal to slam Christianity is pretty much trolling. You enter exchanges under false pretenses. And refuse to even verbalize anything that can't be used as an insult

There are several hundred million Christians in the U.S. alone. The good far outweighs the bad. But people don't find the good interesting. It is why the news always focuses on negative things way more than positive. People like negative. They like to feel superior. They like to judge and tell themselves how they are so much better. They don't want to talk about all the good being done because how does that help their ego?

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

Rider on the Storm wrote:
I think its very easy to see how me and skom took it........
Yes, it is. What's harder to see is why.

Incidentally, you don't seem to understand that how you see things can reflect on you. You seem to be saying that your reaction was not subjective.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

Le_le wrote:
Makes me truly wonder- what does Christ do for us if this is the way his followers behave?
You're not alone.

I think that the best things about your Christianity is your unwillingness to be assimilated into the hive. You would rather stand alone in defense of your own values than join a crowd whose values you do not respect.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep!
I jist knowed there was a reason I like ya. Ya varmint! Can ya play the "plinker"? I never could worth a hoot...but I can play 'bout any damned thing else ya put in front o' me!
You too.

I played banjo from about 11 to 15-16. This was the last banjo bit I was trying to get down right.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Then life took a turn and I've never played since.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
They still call it "white likker" in my region. The people I know do anyway. Not sure why. I do know that when someone talks about "moon shine" here, it clues you that they aren't from the immediate area,
There's all kinds of little things and "speak" that lets you know what you need to know. What seems like a 5 or 6 word mumble to someone else can convey all kinds of information.
You know how it is.*winks*
YA!
Ya better know yer territory, lest ya be mak'n "spud"!..An I ain't "likken" that run!
Aaahhahah! It's been "such" a long time!
Oh the birches...it does me good!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> You too.
I played banjo from about 11 to 15-16. This was the last banjo bit I was trying to get down right.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Then life took a turn and I've never played since.
One of my favorite "new" bands. If ya had it, ya should'a at least wrangled it. Y'know?

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You are back on this again?
But still won't answer 2 simple questions
You want to pretend you aren't stereotyping. But you can't even bring yourself to say any group will have people that do bad things and thus be considered "tainted" or admit if an individual negative action can taint an entire group then individual positive actions should make it look better
If you were capable of being honest you would have to concede it goes both ways and there are a lot of people within the faith doing good and making Christianity look good
But that doesn't serve your purpose.
You want to only focus on the negative and only focus on one group even though it applies to every group. Why do you not spend time giving credit for all the good that is done?
Yeah I would say coming here and refusing to answer any question that doesn't further your goal to slam Christianity is pretty much trolling. You enter exchanges under false pretenses. And refuse to even verbalize anything that can't be used as an insult
There are several hundred million Christians in the U.S. alone. The good far outweighs the bad. But people don't find the good interesting. It is why the news always focuses on negative things way more than positive. People like negative. They like to feel superior. They like to judge and tell themselves how they are so much better. They don't want to talk about all the good being done because how does that help their ego?
If you'd comprehended the posts I made concerning this, or kept up with the posts and what was said, you'd know I answered that.

Here's a snippet:
scaritual wrote:
It's the same in the military. The actions of one affects the entire platoon, unit, etc... Those actions of the few directly speak to the whole.
And so it is with any organization, company, government and so forth.(...)
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

Before you even asked.

Obviously, Christians are aware of that. Christians are pointing to the same thing in the information I provided..

They're pointing at you, and others like you, that present a negative image of Christianity.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
You really are nuts ... You are just a drama queen and an angry poser
This is the material that you would do well to leave out of your posting. Rebut her ideas if you can. And if you think her behavior is the inappropriate result of those ideas, you can make that argument.

But then leave it at that. These gratuitous character attacks are an example of inappropriate behavior, and my calling you on it here is an example of how you can constructively criticize behavior without character attacks.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, sis ther some of the best folk I know. I spent a lot of my time in the NY an Jersey hills. Other folk came in around Paint WV, and some farther south from Boon country. They was all good folks. NEVER took ta store bought stuff much...lived off the land...which was tough. I had a uncle who had a oil well, and wouldn't sell even one barrel of it. That's just how they were. If I was there, we would get up every morn'n at 3 oclock and go on out hunt'n squirrels, rabbits, or deer for meat...every day. Gas bags hang'n offa pipes for lite in the house, and wood and coal for the stoves....all came right off the land. It was a good life. Biggest entertainment was the "train station"... 2 miles down a washed out road to the tracks. They had a "penny candy counter". The kids all sold some hides ta buy the candy. That was it. Persimmons, gooseberries, wild strawberries, and blackberries--oh blueberries too. Sugar trees made hard candy in the fall snows.
What more could ya want!
Sounds like a good time except for the eating of the dead flesh and the cutting off the fur of once sentient creatures.

I have nothing against those who do it, I just don't do it myself.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
Only a self-centered lunatic would continue to try to drive a wedge between two people that reconciled their differences and made peace
This could have been written, "Why are you trying to drive a wedge between two people that reconciled their differences and made peace?" without the gratutitous "self-centered lunatic" part.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

Rider on the Storm wrote:
We all know how this goes Le le. You'll come back later on and make your demeaning nasty comments about Skom to someone else, baiting him, just like you always do, and then piss and moan about it when he responds..........LOL your so predictable.......
He just called her "nuts," "a drama queen," "an angry poser," and "a self-centered lunatic."

Yet you seem to depict Le-le as the aggressor who baits and makes "demeaning nasty comments about Skom," and Skombolis as her innocent victim. Although I wasn't present for it, I'm pretty sure I know who fired the first salvo just by seeing who it is that Le_le has problems with and who she gets along with, which list breaks down more or less the same for me and for many other posters here.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
You are insane!... You are a fraud ...
Can't you post without this kind of language? Are you unwilling to, or unable to?

It's in conscious and deliberate imitation of you that I was filling my posts to you with words like "liar," "loser," "criminal," "bigot" and the like. Now that you seem to have stopped doing that with me, I have stopped doing it with you. Do you not prefer that? I do.

If you change back, so will I. Your call. In your own words, "you aren't going to get a free ride."

I'm pretty sure that if you get off of Le_le's back, she'll leave you alone in due time. Give it a try.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like a good time except for the eating of the dead flesh and the cutting off the fur of once sentient creatures.
I have nothing against those who do it, I just don't do it myself.
I understand your feelings as an individual in a fabricated society of supposed higher values of subsistance, but survival is an intricate and prime factor that allowed you to even believe you could have aspired to that very level...be it realistic or not.
Personally...I would eat YOU of I actually had that left as an only option...and I would expect in the same circumstance, you would probably do the same.
Now....that IS reality. No if's and's or but's about it...it is what it is.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know much about shine but I did grow up in Korea and China. There are some "hills" there. The Appalachian chain runs through the state I live in. I've hiked from Maine to Jersey. I know a little about hills but not much about hill folk. I would like to learn :)
I'm thinking you'll like this. It's some information I've collected over time of some places around here that are in my stomping grounds.

Hell's Hollow - Hell's Hollow was the name given to a community in Fannin Co., Georgia near where I grew up. The origin of the name "Hell's Hollow" began over 100 years ago. It is said that some travellers were passing by the road leading into the hollow when a man staggered out badly beaten and bleeding. When asked where he had been he replied:

"Hell."

The name stuck.
-
The Knobs - "The Knobs" is the local nickname for a ridge of knobby mountains that are visible from Inglewood, Tennessee. They help form one of the last spurs of the SW Smoky mountains in TN.
-
Snake Nation - Located in the Aska Rd. area in Fannin Co., Georgia, Snake Nation is a small community on top of Snake Nation mountain. Legend has it that Snake Nation began as a Cherokee Native American settlement. The leader of this band was named Snake, and his people were his "nation". The native Cherokee name really had nothing to do with either, but when white settlers moved into this region they misinterpreted it to be "Snake's Nation". As time went by it lost the possessive "s", and simply became known as Snake Nation.
-
Double Suck, Broken Nose, Hell Hole - The names of three of the rapids on the Ocoee river in Polk Co., Tennessee(I live close to there now).
-
War Woman - War Woman is a region of Rabun Co., Georgia. There is also a Wildlife Management Area of the same name there. Nancy Ward was a Cherokee who was married to a chief in 1755. When her husband was killed in the battle of Taliwa, near Ballground (present-day Cherokee County), she picked up his weapon and led the Cherokee charge against the Creek. From that day forward she was known as the "Warwoman." Later in life she became a "Beloved Woman", and a member of the Cherokee council. She had the final say if the Cherokee wanted to wage war. Ward's actions were documented by first-hand knowledge passed to settlers who wrote it down (at the time the Cherokee did not have a written language.) Her final resting place is about 10 miles from where I live.
-
Talking Rock - Talking Rock is a town in Pickens Co., Georgia. The name is the comes from the Cherokee word that represented how the water sounded as it splashed across the rocks on Talking Rock creek.
-
Booger Hollow - It was named by the people who purchased the land long ago. It is located in Fannin Co., Georgia.
-
Lost Creek - This creek is a tributary of the Hiawasee river in Tennessee. Yeah, it's remote. One of our favorite places to camp(my son and I). The woods smell really good there.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
Death and Religion goes hand in hand.
Neither is desirable. Neither is welcome.
trifecta1 wrote:
Death: the irreversible cessation of all vital functions especially as indicated by permanent stoppage of the heart, respiration, and brain activity : the end of life.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/medical/death
That kind of flies in the face of your conflating death with "everlasting life"
trifecta1 wrote:
>>You<< say that's the end of it all. Christianity believes Jesus who says that is just the beginning. You think all the Christians here should take your word over Jesus' huh?
Circularity much?

Your claim that death is everlasting life depends on the veracity of the words of somebody that would have had to survive death to be correct, something you believe on faith alone and cannot know.
trifecta1 wrote:
Death is neither a goal or a good thing.
We know that. It's not clear that you do, or that you really believe those words. Aren't you anticipating life everlasting and unspeakable joy with death? How is that not a good thing?

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
you can't have a discussion about religion and not include death.
I can, except when discussing the parts of your religion that claim that we survive death, or that equate ultimate love with death. Did you see my list of really bad Christian ideas like Christian sexual guilt, Christian anti-scientism, Christian homophobia, Christian infantilizing, Christian alienation, and Christian misanthropy? It didn't mention death.
trifecta1 wrote:
the foundation of secular humanism is rotten garbage hay and stubble.
Actually, the foundation of secular humanism is reason and compassion. It is very life affirming.
trifecta1 wrote:
Because until secular humanism come up with a plausible explanation as to where life and the universe come from---all they moralistic platforms and platitudes is just empty rhetoric to me.
That's on the list, too: your Christian anti-scientism.

Secular humanism won't come up with any more scientific theories than atheism does. Science has, and will continue to do so.

And even when the question as have all been answered, people of faith like you will continue to refuse to understand it or believe it, so please don't insult our intelligence or compliment your own by implying that you are an open-minded and reasonable person who would allow himself to be convinced by a compelling scientific argument if only science has one.
trifecta1 wrote:
You want to attempt again to use science to explain where life and the universe come from..have at it, I ready.
No you're not. You have two major impediments: faith and scientific ignorance. Even with an open mind, you'd be starting at ground zero.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

560 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Just Think 720,497
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 min The Awakener 172,368
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min KayMarie 532,732
Last Word + 2 15 min Richies Cool Man Diary 70
Shock Poll: 40% Still not Sure Obama is America... 27 min WasteWater 19
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 40 min Hidingfromyou 93,707
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 51 min sonu 400
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr An NFL Fan 115,080
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 5 hr bRB 74
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••