|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

Rider on the Storm wrote:
We all know how this goes Le le. You'll come back later on and make your demeaning nasty comments about Skom to someone else, baiting him, just like you always do, and then piss and moan about it when he responds..........LOL your so predictable.......
He just called her "nuts," "a drama queen," "an angry poser," and "a self-centered lunatic."

Yet you seem to depict Le-le as the aggressor who baits and makes "demeaning nasty comments about Skom," and Skombolis as her innocent victim. Although I wasn't present for it, I'm pretty sure I know who fired the first salvo just by seeing who it is that Le_le has problems with and who she gets along with, which list breaks down more or less the same for me and for many other posters here.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
You are insane!... You are a fraud ...
Can't you post without this kind of language? Are you unwilling to, or unable to?

It's in conscious and deliberate imitation of you that I was filling my posts to you with words like "liar," "loser," "criminal," "bigot" and the like. Now that you seem to have stopped doing that with me, I have stopped doing it with you. Do you not prefer that? I do.

If you change back, so will I. Your call. In your own words, "you aren't going to get a free ride."

I'm pretty sure that if you get off of Le_le's back, she'll leave you alone in due time. Give it a try.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like a good time except for the eating of the dead flesh and the cutting off the fur of once sentient creatures.
I have nothing against those who do it, I just don't do it myself.
I understand your feelings as an individual in a fabricated society of supposed higher values of subsistance, but survival is an intricate and prime factor that allowed you to even believe you could have aspired to that very level...be it realistic or not.
Personally...I would eat YOU of I actually had that left as an only option...and I would expect in the same circumstance, you would probably do the same.
Now....that IS reality. No if's and's or but's about it...it is what it is.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know much about shine but I did grow up in Korea and China. There are some "hills" there. The Appalachian chain runs through the state I live in. I've hiked from Maine to Jersey. I know a little about hills but not much about hill folk. I would like to learn :)
I'm thinking you'll like this. It's some information I've collected over time of some places around here that are in my stomping grounds.

Hell's Hollow - Hell's Hollow was the name given to a community in Fannin Co., Georgia near where I grew up. The origin of the name "Hell's Hollow" began over 100 years ago. It is said that some travellers were passing by the road leading into the hollow when a man staggered out badly beaten and bleeding. When asked where he had been he replied:

"Hell."

The name stuck.
-
The Knobs - "The Knobs" is the local nickname for a ridge of knobby mountains that are visible from Inglewood, Tennessee. They help form one of the last spurs of the SW Smoky mountains in TN.
-
Snake Nation - Located in the Aska Rd. area in Fannin Co., Georgia, Snake Nation is a small community on top of Snake Nation mountain. Legend has it that Snake Nation began as a Cherokee Native American settlement. The leader of this band was named Snake, and his people were his "nation". The native Cherokee name really had nothing to do with either, but when white settlers moved into this region they misinterpreted it to be "Snake's Nation". As time went by it lost the possessive "s", and simply became known as Snake Nation.
-
Double Suck, Broken Nose, Hell Hole - The names of three of the rapids on the Ocoee river in Polk Co., Tennessee(I live close to there now).
-
War Woman - War Woman is a region of Rabun Co., Georgia. There is also a Wildlife Management Area of the same name there. Nancy Ward was a Cherokee who was married to a chief in 1755. When her husband was killed in the battle of Taliwa, near Ballground (present-day Cherokee County), she picked up his weapon and led the Cherokee charge against the Creek. From that day forward she was known as the "Warwoman." Later in life she became a "Beloved Woman", and a member of the Cherokee council. She had the final say if the Cherokee wanted to wage war. Ward's actions were documented by first-hand knowledge passed to settlers who wrote it down (at the time the Cherokee did not have a written language.) Her final resting place is about 10 miles from where I live.
-
Talking Rock - Talking Rock is a town in Pickens Co., Georgia. The name is the comes from the Cherokee word that represented how the water sounded as it splashed across the rocks on Talking Rock creek.
-
Booger Hollow - It was named by the people who purchased the land long ago. It is located in Fannin Co., Georgia.
-
Lost Creek - This creek is a tributary of the Hiawasee river in Tennessee. Yeah, it's remote. One of our favorite places to camp(my son and I). The woods smell really good there.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
Death and Religion goes hand in hand.
Neither is desirable. Neither is welcome.
trifecta1 wrote:
Death: the irreversible cessation of all vital functions especially as indicated by permanent stoppage of the heart, respiration, and brain activity : the end of life.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/medical/death
That kind of flies in the face of your conflating death with "everlasting life"
trifecta1 wrote:
>>You<< say that's the end of it all. Christianity believes Jesus who says that is just the beginning. You think all the Christians here should take your word over Jesus' huh?
Circularity much?

Your claim that death is everlasting life depends on the veracity of the words of somebody that would have had to survive death to be correct, something you believe on faith alone and cannot know.
trifecta1 wrote:
Death is neither a goal or a good thing.
We know that. It's not clear that you do, or that you really believe those words. Aren't you anticipating life everlasting and unspeakable joy with death? How is that not a good thing?

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
you can't have a discussion about religion and not include death.
I can, except when discussing the parts of your religion that claim that we survive death, or that equate ultimate love with death. Did you see my list of really bad Christian ideas like Christian sexual guilt, Christian anti-scientism, Christian homophobia, Christian infantilizing, Christian alienation, and Christian misanthropy? It didn't mention death.
trifecta1 wrote:
the foundation of secular humanism is rotten garbage hay and stubble.
Actually, the foundation of secular humanism is reason and compassion. It is very life affirming.
trifecta1 wrote:
Because until secular humanism come up with a plausible explanation as to where life and the universe come from---all they moralistic platforms and platitudes is just empty rhetoric to me.
That's on the list, too: your Christian anti-scientism.

Secular humanism won't come up with any more scientific theories than atheism does. Science has, and will continue to do so.

And even when the question as have all been answered, people of faith like you will continue to refuse to understand it or believe it, so please don't insult our intelligence or compliment your own by implying that you are an open-minded and reasonable person who would allow himself to be convinced by a compelling scientific argument if only science has one.
trifecta1 wrote:
You want to attempt again to use science to explain where life and the universe come from..have at it, I ready.
No you're not. You have two major impediments: faith and scientific ignorance. Even with an open mind, you'd be starting at ground zero.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

Chris Clearwater wrote:
Repeat your lies until your death.
Nice. You got lying and death into one short sentence.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm thinking you'll like this. It's some information I've collected over time of some places around here that are in my stomping grounds.
Hell's Hollow - Hell's Hollow was the name given to a community in Fannin Co., Georgia near where I grew up. The origin of the name "Hell's Hollow" began over 100 years ago. It is said that some travellers were passing by the road leading into the hollow when a man staggered out badly beaten and bleeding. When asked where he had been he replied:
"Hell."
The name stuck.
-
The Knobs - "The Knobs" is the local nickname for a ridge of knobby mountains that are visible from Inglewood, Tennessee. They help form one of the last spurs of the SW Smoky mountains in TN.
-
Snake Nation - Located in the Aska Rd. area in Fannin Co., Georgia, Snake Nation is a small community on top of Snake Nation mountain. Legend has it that Snake Nation began as a Cherokee Native American settlement. The leader of this band was named Snake, and his people were his "nation". The native Cherokee name really had nothing to do with either, but when white settlers moved into this region they misinterpreted it to be "Snake's Nation". As time went by it lost the possessive "s", and simply became known as Snake Nation.
-
Double Suck, Broken Nose, Hell Hole - The names of three of the rapids on the Ocoee river in Polk Co., Tennessee(I live close to there now).
-
War Woman - War Woman is a region of Rabun Co., Georgia. There is also a Wildlife Management Area of the same name there. Nancy Ward was a Cherokee who was married to a chief in 1755. When her husband was killed in the battle of Taliwa, near Ballground (present-day Cherokee County), she picked up his weapon and led the Cherokee charge against the Creek. From that day forward she was known as the "Warwoman." Later in life she became a "Beloved Woman", and a member of the Cherokee council. She had the final say if the Cherokee wanted to wage war. Ward's actions were documented by first-hand knowledge passed to settlers who wrote it down (at the time the Cherokee did not have a written language.) Her final resting place is about 10 miles from where I live.
-
Talking Rock - Talking Rock is a town in Pickens Co., Georgia. The name is the comes from the Cherokee word that represented how the water sounded as it splashed across the rocks on Talking Rock creek.
-
Booger Hollow - It was named by the people who purchased the land long ago. It is located in Fannin Co., Georgia.
-
Lost Creek - This creek is a tributary of the Hiawasee river in Tennessee. Yeah, it's remote. One of our favorite places to camp(my son and I). The woods smell really good there.
We got a place where we used ta camp. we started the fire with wood...then we just fed the fire with shale rock... and it burned just the same. The place was filled with rattlesnakes and moccosins so ya had ta be real careful all the time, but ya didn't haft'a gather firewood.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand your feelings as an individual in a fabricated society of supposed higher values of subsistance, but survival is an intricate and prime factor that allowed you to even believe you could have aspired to that very level...be it realistic or not.
Personally...I would eat YOU of I actually had that left as an only option...and I would expect in the same circumstance, you would probably do the same.
Now....that IS reality. No if's and's or but's about it...it is what it is.
I wouldn't eat you BT. I would kiss your forehead, push you out to sea and give you a fine pirate burial :)

I'm quite good at foraging in urban, suburban and rural environments. It's what I do.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

M~O~R~N~I~N~G

You suppose you are the trouble But you are the cure... You suppose that you are the lock on the door but you are the key that opens it...Its too bad that you want to be someone else....Be You "

Thought for the day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Today's Prayer

God, I know that You have begun a work in me. I'm trusting You to "carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Please keep my eyes open, that I will see what is Your work and Your will; that I will follow You and You only; that I will obey Your prompting and resist the detours and roadblocks that Satan will attempt to put in the way. Please give me wisdom and strength for the journey. With thanksgiving and praise for You, amen.

Prime time with God

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't eat you BT. I would kiss your forehead, push you out to sea and give you a fine pirate burial :)
I'm quite good at foraging in urban, suburban and rural environments. It's what I do.
OH...So kill me now, an I wouldn't blame ya if ya do. Ya do realize that fantasy doesn't equate ta necessity right? Fantasy don't hold a candle as reality knocks at the door. I would expect no less than yer quest for the ultimate goal for survival sis...I am none less than a realist. and ther ain't no environments ta scrounge from. Where does that leave ya now? It's a do or die sis, an I couldn't blame ya if ya do. Now are we clear? You will eat squirrel(or people) if it comes down to it, and I have no doubt....of you don't I will....all love and admiration aside.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Encouraging Words....

This is my command-be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."

Joshua 1:9

K-Love

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
You have been here almost 9 month. Have you admitted you were wrong about anything? Admitted any culpability?
What would you like me say I was wrong about or culpable for?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
OH...So kill me now, an I wouldn't blame ya if ya do. Ya do realize that fantasy doesn't equate ta necessity right? Fantasy don't hold a candle as reality knocks at the door. I would expect no less than yer quest for the ultimate goal for survival sis...I am none less than a realist. and ther ain't no environments ta scrounge from. Where does that leave ya now? It's a do or die sis, an I couldn't blame ya if ya do. Now are we clear? You will eat squirrel(or people) if it comes down to it, and I have no doubt....of you don't I will....all love and admiration aside.
Oh, I forgot ta tell ya...I would teach ya everything ya need ta know ta ever avoid that possibility in the wild, but always remember that is a possibility...and ya may at some time have ta deal with it. Sorry I forgot ta mention that.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

scaritual wrote:
"Hell."
The name stuck.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
I live in Bee Lick.

We lick bees.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
"Hell."
The name stuck.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Booger Holler. I like that name. Bet it was named after one of the kids.

I've kayaked on the Cheat River in WV. They name their rapids too. I guess every river has names for them. My favourite was called Big Nasty. When I got through I would sometimes just backpaddle and watch the big rafts come through and shoot into the air, spilling 6 or 7 people at a time.

The Upper Youghiogheny is the scariest river, well, except for me ;)

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
Not only you can't admit to being wrong and neither can some that came here with you, you guys defend each other's wrongdoings.
You're not qualified to judge that. You have severe comprehension problems. You and Rider completely misread Happy Lesbo.
Skombolis wrote:
Your group's people skills are atrocious

This from the guy who has in the last 24 hours posted "You are insane," "You are a fraud," "nuts," "a drama queen," "an angry poser," and "a self-centered lunatic."

This is why I challenge your judgment.
Skombolis wrote:
How about simply the fact you guys can't engage in any exchange with someone even when they are being civil without being condescending and snide?
Fact? When did that happen? When were you civil and weren't treated equally well? Of course, I don't think you're capable of making that judgment. You excuse your own indulgences and read offense into the posts of others where none was intended.

You're the instigator here. As soon as you toned down your abusive posting, I responded in kind. Now you are being more civil, and so am I.

But we've been through this many times already, haven't we? I'm pretty sure I know how it ends. You'll almost certainly be tantruming again before the weekend is over.

I deliberately left out the word "likely" from that last statement so that you will have the chance to prove me wrong (it couldn't be proven wrong if I didn't). If you do make it through the weekend posting without slandering somebody, I will have been wrong and will say so.

Deal?

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

IANS wrote: "You'll almost certainly be tantruming again before the weekend is over."

Oops! That actually is close to "likely." Let me rephrase it so that it can be incorrect:

You'll will be tantruming again before the weekend is over.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well no, I wouldn't kill you. You're not gonna eat me alive are you? I thought you meant when I was dead.

I won't eat a squirrel or a person. I'm not afraid of death, Cap'n. It doesn't mean that much to me. It sits firmly on my shoulder poking me, taunting me every single day. It gets braver at night. I come here to distract it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Stilgar Fifrawi 732,378
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min Charlie Sheen 257,736
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Anthony MN 538,559
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min CunningLinguist 226,131
Why Im no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 22 min Liam R 441,182
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 24 min Clearwater 173,252
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 30 min w wman uk 36,730
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 31 min dduttonnc 94,598
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••