|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Never.
That's a very meaningful song to me.
Oh, Now, the gal ain't never been around the hill country all that much...let alone the forbidden "still" country, so she ain't never partook of the "finest" artists o' shine.
Have a little mercy son...or better yet...take 'er on down the river ta "see"...she'd prolly appreciate it.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you making sport of me?
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Never.
That's a very meaningful song to me.
wELL..

I mean "nEver" unless I caught you in a trap or something, and I only do that with friends.

My Grandfather, or my "Paw" as we called him, was especially fond of old time music like that.

He taught me everything I know about the mountains, woods, trees and such. Everything. We used to spend a lot of time together. He was born in 1911 and worked in the CC during the Depression.

He died cutting some trees at my Uncles place. They found him in his truck and he'd stopped to take a break to have some "sody" crackers and tea.

Anyway. He liked that kind of music.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, Now, the gal ain't never been around the hill country all that much...let alone the forbidden "still" country, so she ain't never partook of the "finest" artists o' shine.
Have a little mercy son...or better yet...take 'er on down the river ta "see"...she'd prolly appreciate it.
Yeah, she'd love it.

The good parts of that way of life have almost vanished, but it's still here and there.

When I was 16 years old, the county I grew up in had a total population of 10,000 people, and 3,000 lived in the city limits. Our closest neighbors still plowed with mules. We kept goats and that's where our milk was from.

Good times.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
wELL..
I mean "nEver" unless I caught you in a trap or something, and I only do that with friends.
My Grandfather, or my "Paw" as we called him, was especially fond of old time music like that.
He taught me everything I know about the mountains, woods, trees and such. Everything. We used to spend a lot of time together. He was born in 1911 and worked in the CC during the Depression.
He died cutting some trees at my Uncles place. They found him in his truck and he'd stopped to take a break to have some "sody" crackers and tea.
I bet you miss him. I miss mine too and that I wasn't with him when he died. When they led me out I looked at him and he was smiling.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
wELL..
This is good.
My daddy was a stiller an runner. He had a 39 ford "dual tank". Fastest thing in 4 counties till they caught em in a 5 way roadblock ! That was it! He went ta work for the army do'in near about the same thing all over the world after that. They called him the "communications expert" LOL! I'll jist stop the progression o' lineage right there if ya don't mind....I'm still alive ya see...

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
... clearly anyone knows why taking the high road would be considered a positive. When the post to you repeated your statement in question form: "Why bother?" ..as if you were saying you saw no value in doing it I shook my head. Most people obviously have a limit on what they will take before responding in kind.
You're rationalizing for Rider. Here are his words again:

"I wanted to point that out because when people here take that road it is very rarely acknowledged, and I know thats why its not taken nearly enough. When people dont take notice, in my own case anyway, its like why bother... "

It's clear what he meant.
Skombolis wrote:
Somebody will say you meant why ever take the high road
Like I said, his words speak for themselves. Why do you feel the need to try to come in and sugar coat them? His honest admission is the beginning of self-understanding and self-improvement, but only if his errors are recognized for what they are and dealt with as such, however painful. You do him no favors with comments like, "Most people obviously have a limit on what they will take before responding in kind." You're justifying his mistakes. Let him see and confront them.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know much about shine but I did grow up in Korea and China. There are some "hills" there. The Appalachian chain runs through the state I live in. I've hiked from Maine to Jersey. I know a little about hills but not much about hill folk. I would like to learn :)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, she'd love it.
The good parts of that way of life have almost vanished, but it's still here and there.
When I was 16 years old, the county I grew up in had a total population of 10,000 people, and 3,000 lived in the city limits. Our closest neighbors still plowed with mules. We kept goats and that's where our milk was from.
Good times.
Yep!
I jist knowed there was a reason I like ya. Ya varmint! Can ya play the "plinker"? I never could worth a hoot...but I can play 'bout any damned thing else ya put in front o' me!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you miss him. I miss mine too and that I wasn't with him when he died. When they led me out I looked at him and he was smiling.
Girl, he knowed someth'n "special" was carry'n on...don't let 'em down.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
It's those lazy Mexican burros, muchacho. Now go eat your third world tiramisu.
Funny.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I miss him a whole bunch. Whenever I'm out cutting or walking in the hills, and lots of things, he's always right there with me.

hahaa...

Every so often when I'm out cutting, I'll hear ...

"You best clear you a path cause that's a biggun, case you need tuh run from it, ye don't wanna be trippin over at creepin ivy n' saw briar and all. Never fergit, that tree wants to kill you, and it it can"

Or something like that.

It varies, depending on what's going on.

I could tell you miss yours from what you wrote. Just keep him close.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text> Let him see and confront them.
Like you do?

Too ironic

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know much about shine but I did grow up in Korea and China. There are some "hills" there. The Appalachian chain runs through the state I live in. I've hiked from Maine to Jersey. I know a little about hills but not much about hill folk. I would like to learn :)
Well, sis ther some of the best folk I know. I spent a lot of my time in the NY an Jersey hills. Other folk came in around Paint WV, and some farther south from Boon country. They was all good folks. NEVER took ta store bought stuff much...lived off the land...which was tough. I had a uncle who had a oil well, and wouldn't sell even one barrel of it. That's just how they were. If I was there, we would get up every morn'n at 3 oclock and go on out hunt'n squirrels, rabbits, or deer for meat...every day. Gas bags hang'n offa pipes for lite in the house, and wood and coal for the stoves....all came right off the land. It was a good life. Biggest entertainment was the "train station"... 2 miles down a washed out road to the tracks. They had a "penny candy counter". The kids all sold some hides ta buy the candy. That was it. Persimmons, gooseberries, wild strawberries, and blackberries--oh blueberries too. Sugar trees made hard candy in the fall snows.
What more could ya want!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>

You would do well to recognize that that is a common pattern for you.... It's suboptimal to just keep making the same mistakes again and again, and coming to the same conclusions again and again, while never growing.
Like you do?

You could never do what I just did

You could never admit you were wrong

You could never admit your ego got the best of you

You will lie, deny, equivocate, use semantics, justify, rationalize, and defend any position you ever take no matter how wrong

You have been here almost 9 month. Have you admitted you were wrong about anything? Admitted any culpability? Done anything but make grandiose claims and excuses for why you do what you do?

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

Rider on the Storm wrote:
I wanted to point that out because when people here take that road it is very rarely acknowledged, and I know thats why its not taken nearly enough. When people dont take notice, in my own case anyway, its like why bother...
Happy Lesbo wrote:
why bother? Because, like giving to worthwhile charities, it's the right thing to do and promotes humanity ..
Rider on the Storm wrote:
Rereading it I still think you were taking a shot at me.......I'll accept your position though........
It's hard to imagine how you thought that. Did she attack you? Did she call you a bad person? No. She answered your question in a constructive, nonjudgmental way. If you got something else from that, that's you. You're as defensive and suspicious as your cohorts:

Trifecta now: "Some writers here posing as atheists may be actual Christians and some Christians here may be atheists. That is how cynical and suspicious I view this billboard."

Skombolis wrote: "People have fakes bring nice because they think its funny to get Chrustuans to trust them but they don't it fot long"

The unbelievers here will help all of you if you can put down your guard for a moment and consider that we might be more than demons. You may be out of Christianity now, but Christianity isn't out of you.

I think it's the hive training that makes you three all so suspicious and defensive of us "ungodly" people, a word used as an insult in that worldview. It is a divisive worldview, one which depicts "the other" as a morally bereft enemy of god and goodness, and probably accounts for why you read into her comment that Happy Lesbo was taking a shot at you. I don't see that at all.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

Chris Clearwater wrote:
Your insincerity and bs is noted.
Oh good! Look who's back. At last we can get past the petty name calling and character attacks.

Where's Adam been?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You're rationalizing for Rider..
No

You are rationalizing HL

Anyone could see what he meant. She used a technicality to pretend she didn't know otherwise. She knew she did it or she never would have claimed her post was just a compliment to Epi when it started off questioning Larry why he said "why bother"?

If she really thought he meant it like she presented it, she wouldn't have denied calling him on it. Instead she pretended she didn't because she knew it was a crappy thing to do to someone who had just made some very nice overtures to her

Not only you can't admit to being wrong and neither can some that came here with you, you guys defend each other's wrongdoings.

Your group's people skills are atrocious

Forget the trolling. How about simply the fact you guys can't engage in any exchange with someone even when they are being civil without being condescending and snide?

You guys can't seem to talk to normally to anyone that isn't part of your co-dependent support system

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

<quoted text>
Funny.
OK. What in the HELL IS "third world" Tiramisu?

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

Le_le wrote:
Unreal. Of course your post was a compliment to Epi.. One could only find malice in what you wrote- if that's what they were looking for in the first place.
Agreed. You summed it up nicely.
Le_le wrote:
I should of figured Skom and Larry would turn this into a circus. Two clowns behaving as.. well...clowns.
Still laughing. You're a treasure, Le_le.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is good.
My daddy was a stiller an runner. He had a 39 ford "dual tank". Fastest thing in 4 counties till they caught em in a 5 way roadblock ! That was it! He went ta work for the army do'in near about the same thing all over the world after that. They called him the "communications expert" LOL! I'll jist stop the progression o' lineage right there if ya don't mind....I'm still alive ya see...
They still call it "white likker" in my region. The people I know do anyway. Not sure why. I do know that when someone talks about "moon shine" here, it clues you that they aren't from the immediate area,

There's all kinds of little things and "speak" that lets you know what you need to know. What seems like a 5 or 6 word mumble to someone else can convey all kinds of information.

You know how it is.*winks*

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Buck Crick 729,602
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 13 min joonie 117,740
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 15 min Strength and Honor 172,889
Any girls looking for some sexy fun on Skype? (Dec '12) 16 min ToughTony 20
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 20 min atemcowboy 536,875
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 43 min Aura Mytha 259,063
Should Black People in the USA Leave America an... (May '13) 1 hr Guillermo Dread 529
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 1 hr Just 103

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••