Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#596473 Sep 28, 2013
Trucker wrote:
<quoted text>A real man is one that will obey God.
Close. A real man is one that God will obey.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#596474 Sep 28, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty funny.
<quoted text>
It's interesting, isn't it:
[1] What they call a loving god tortured itself until death and prepared a great torture chamber for most of its beloved creation.
[2] What they call a merciful god punishes with eternal gratuitous torture with hope of parole
[3] What they call everlasting life is everlasting death.
[4] What they call spirituality is a complete psychological separation from mankind and the world - a social death of sorts.
[5] What they call wisdom is the death of curiosity and pursuit of knowledge, which they call foolishness.
"We affirm humanism as a realistic alternative to theologies of despair and ideologies of violence and as a source of rich personal significance and genuine satisfaction in the service to others."
Humanism beats Christianity on any day of the week. We can all see why people in the west are abandoning Christianity in their droves.

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#596475 Sep 28, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Just an opinion.
The mythic figures and heroes contained within the pages of the bible and in history as it pertains to the religion, set unrealistic goals or standards as far as role models and "states of being". I tend to think there is an aspect to religion that hearkens back to when people are young. It starts in childhood and carries on into adulthood, and, how do I put it...?
Everyone(in Christianity) would like to walk on water, live in the belly of a fish and walk away alive, or survive a lions den, unscathed, give rousing sermons, be chosen to pilot an enormous boat full of unimaginable creatures, perform pious deeds and saintly actions, etc.- as evidence of their conviction - or as inspiration to others. You understand what I mean and I'm sure most here do.
The realization that those certainly are fanciful stories(whether acknowledged or not, internally) has to create some conflict and agitation in trying to reconcile reality with the myths, embellished stories, and larger than life characters, both in the past and in modern times.
None of what I just said is meant as a slight to anyone, but it may be taken as such.
It's just my opinion and not meant to offend. I could be wrong and that's fine.
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone(in Christianity) would like to walk on water, live in the belly of a fish and walk away alive, or survive a lions den, unscathed, give rousing sermons, be chosen to pilot an enormous boat full of unimaginable creatures, perform pious deeds and saintly actions, etc.- as evidence of their conviction - or as inspiration to others. You understand what I mean and I'm sure most here do.
I want to fight men with the jawbone of an ass. As soon as Red Apples is done with his jawbone, I'm going to try it.

Cambridge, UK

#596476 Sep 28, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Cant handle the truth ol chap? You don't approve of the creator and his "ways". Yet you kill animals daily to eat so you can live. Wonder what they think of you?
You're likening the relationship between your deity and humanity in terms comparable to the relationship between humanity and animals?

You certainly don't hold your god in very high esteem if that's what you think of him/her/it.

Be careful, he/she/it has been known to smite people for a lot less than that.

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#596477 Sep 28, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
And you think your posts (like this one) are nice?
Calling someone a "cuntweasel" like you did in your post and like you have in many many posts is being nice?
I return kindness when it's given. And you sure haven't given it. And you're also the last person that should be commenting on others being nice or not. You're nothing but an over sexed troll that gets her kicks out of seeing how rude and crude she can be.
Your little sexual escapades that you seem to feel the need to share with the whole world simply show a true lack of self esteem on your part. It's nothing but a way for you to try and garner attention for yourself. And it shows just how immature you really are.
So you can take your comments and thoughts about me or anything else you feel like spewing out and stick em where the sun don't shine. Because your opinion of me or of anything you feel the need to share in here means zero to me. You're a waste of space and just another troll to scroll by in here as far as I'm concerned.
Hope that's clear enough for you to understand!!!
You sound angry. You know what I like to do when I'm angry? Have sex. It's quite therapeutic. Next time you feel angry try having sex with a human female.

Free advice. No charge.

:-)

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#596478 Sep 28, 2013
These trolls are into the woodwork

What an embarrassment

No self-respect. Nothing better to do.

Deriving satisfaction the only way they can, going room to room and spreading as much misery as possible

They rarely have normal conversations with each other. And even when they try the best they can muster are lame jokes and pseudo-intellectualism. They certainly aren't capable of talking to others. Every room they have been in, it is the same 3-5 people that nobody else on Topix wants anything to do with it. Soon each room becomes a ghost town. Definitely until they decide to go infect a different place

I just read page after page of the same garbage, from the same few people, not even noticing they are they only ones talking. Or caring.

Kudos secular humanists (rolls eyes)

Location hidden

#596479 Sep 28, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
If you'd comprehended the posts I made concerning this, or kept up with the posts and what was said, you'd know I answered that.
Here's a snippet:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
Before you even asked.
Obviously, Christians are aware of that. Christians are pointing to the same thing in the information I provided..
They're pointing at you, and others like you, that present a negative image of Christianity.
And here is a snippet back troll

"If you were capable of being honest you would have to concede it goes both ways and there are a lot of people within the faith doing good and making Christianity look good

But that doesn't serve your purpose.

You want to only focus on the negative and only focus on one group even though it applies to every group. Why do you not spend time giving credit for all the good that is done?"

Cambridge, UK

#596480 Sep 28, 2013
Just as an aside:

I've been watching Simon Schama's "The Story of the Jews"

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2013/sep/22/...

Whining Christians complaining about being persecuted for their beliefs haven't a clue:

The persecution dished out to the Jews by Christians is far in excess of anything Christians suffered.

Location hidden

#596481 Sep 28, 2013
<quoted text>
What would you like me say I was wrong about or culpable for?
I don't care what you do troll

I never have

Thanks for proving my point you could never come up with something on your own

You would never see it. In your mind, you are always right

You know, normally the easiest way is to starve a troll

And that will be part of the new agenda. But what I have noticed works even better, is sit back when there is a bunch of them and force them to talk to each other. The pretentious play-acting only lasts so long and they end up sitting up scratching their asses because they can onlymake up stuff to talk about for so long because their entire friendship is based on trolling

It is why you will never get the people in this room. Our bond isn't built around trolling and insulting others and falsely inflating poor, beaten down egos. Its built on love and trust and years of sharing real things.

Enjoy your infestation. You can only run from "meat-space" so long

Speaking of which (obviously not in those terms) I'm off to enjoy the week-end

Location hidden

#596482 Sep 28, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. some folks on this thread are highly sensitive, over-analyze a post and become defensive. They cloak their sensitive natures behind a veneer of hostility and leave a trail of destruction ..
.. if you look long enough, you can always find a hidden message embedded in a straightforward statement ..
.. the adverse affects of fanatical religiosity have now been linked to poor mental health. What is it about religion that accounts for these links? Is it shame, guilt or the inability to measure up to the impossible standards imposed by religion? Are there psycho-religious constructs? Does religion attract the highly sensitive ??..
LOL

I want people to re-read this lunatics post

I mean seriously read it slow and take in every word

Then remember it was in response to me telling Ians he could never admit he is wrong about anything. And the only reply he could muster was asking me what I would like him to admit he is wrong about

This post by HL is the lengths these trolls go to reinforce to each other that it is perfectly natural to never admit or think you are wrong about anything. And anyone who thinks that is the abnormal behavior is really the crazy one!

Is it any wonder they travel in a pack room to room and call on each other for help?

I'm glad I saw this before taking off. It literally made me laugh.

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#596483 Sep 28, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
My Hubby and I went down the river (Mohongahala)and another big one in Pennsylvania(It was quite a long time ago)...I remember there was an area called "The double Hydrolics"....It was Great...Loved it...and it was Beautiful Mountain scenery
It is beautiful country. The Double Hydraulics is on the Lower Youghiogheny. There are 3 sections of the Yough. Upper, Middle and Lower. It's dam controlled. The Middle is mostly just a smooth canoe ride. The Lower has class II and III rapids. The Upper is entirely class V. It drops at something like 125 feet per mile. It will make you focus.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#596484 Sep 28, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
As I read this what I hear is that you can turn your faith on and off depending on the circumstances...based on if you want to follow your faith or be more "of this world". That is in a sense what you are saying...
It is not a question of judging ones faith...but more on how your faith is represented. When you come to a place such as this and announce that you are of the Christian faith or any other faith then that is what others expect to see. Your behavior here not only reflects upon yourself but also that which you say you represent.
I don't believe that a place such as this is for "recruiting". However...I do believe that it can be a place where others should be able to "see" how faith has affected your life. It destroys the message of "God is love"..."love thy neighbor"..."do unto others"...when that is not the message that is represented by the followers.
There are some that manage to hold on to their faith despite being in a place such as this. That is difficult at times...not just for Christians but for anyone that is trying to live by a set of values and morals.
<quoted text>
I think you mean Philippines 2:12
I think possibly we are seeing two different meanings in this verse.
If you go on to read verse 13
13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.
I read it as saying...
Always conduct yourself as if God is standing before you...in order to fulfill his purpose.
I just don't read any exceptions in those verses...in other words...no turning it on and off.
I think that verses 1-4 first talks about this...
2 Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, 2 then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. 3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, 4 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.
This is just the way that I read these verses...
<quoted text>
Do you think that you will be judged in the end by YHWH on how well you play the game here? Do you think he has a point system similar to yours?
I agree Trifecta...faith is personal...a personal walk. You have however chosen a walk that has specific guidelines handed down from the very entity that you claim to follow.
As far as you not judging others...not sure that I can agree with that...I think that if you read some of your posts with an open mind...you might see it in a different light...put yourself in the shoes of the person that you are writing to.
We all judge Trifecta...almost impossible to not do so...part of being human.
I judge between pasta for dinner or steak. I judge whether writers on here are smart or dumb. I judge whether to wear a tie to work or just slacks. Sure we all judge. But me judging who YHWH see as acceptable when it comes to belief in Jesus Christ---that not my place, because there is no way for me to know that. I can guess sure--but I don't really know.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#596485 Sep 28, 2013
I don't believe my participation on this site---or any other writer participation on this site matters to YHWH one flip when it comes to someone eternity. Because we all here acting. This is a fantasy site with made up persona. YHWH see each writer behind the billboard. That what matter to YHWH. Not this site. This site is a game. I play it one way--other writers play it a different way, but in the end is a game.

But I know writers that take this site more serious than me. So each writer have to conclude just for themselves if they participation on this site have anything to do with they eternity. As for me---I say None. No factor. And when I write that how I write. But you can feel different about the billboard. That you.

Again nice verse. But as I tell you before. When it come to the bible---I no believe any verse in the bible-->>Not one<<---have anything to do with a fantasy site made up of actors with made up personas with a slogan drawings and art as identity.

So if you want to relate you verse to off the billboard life---we can talk. If you apply it to this billboard---then we no have anything to discuss.

You no have any control over how anyone represent Christianity.

It's OK to believe this what you write "I do believe that it can be a place where others should be able to "see" how faith has affected your life. It destroys the message of "God is love"..."love thy neighbor"..."do unto others"...when that is not the message that is represented by the followers"
[[[

You can believe that. I no see the billboard in that way. The billboard is not a "place" it's a internet site.

Frankly writer---if any writer here make this fantasy site make them see God or Christianity in the way you say--that is "their fault". That is "their responsibility". If they see God as not love because this site--that is >>on them<<.

Because they allowed themselves to see this site as the same as behind the billboard offline life where how faith impacts a person's life is to be viewed--not on some site for views and opinions. If they allow themselves to see the site the same as behind the billboard offline life---That is delusional madness, fantastical, naive, foolish, stupid, idiotic, and infantile.

There is no turning on on off of faith here. It's simply a site for views and opinions concerning matters in the news or in the case of this site Religious views, opinions, arguments, debates, etc.

That's it. A writer want to see the site as anything different---then the consequences are on them, not anyone else. They bear the responsibility of seeing the site for something that the site is not. They can't blame--anyone, but themselves.
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#596486 Sep 28, 2013
<quoted text>
You're a waste of carbon that could have been used more profitably as a charcoal briquette.
I know your secular morals holocoust damage own family and hate even youreslves for 15 dollars per 2
charcoal briquete serve very good to burn your worthless pseudo mexican chikuaha head, and leave on the mexican slums for dog leaking and pee on your burnt by briquetes skull

you coward without of any descency only can halucinate and threat people on the cyber space, miserable jerk and old stinking skunk coward
your brain is over urinated by cockroaches, cow urines and camel dung s...
pfuj at your old wicked face?

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#596487 Sep 28, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
It is beautiful country. The Double Hydraulics is on the Lower Youghiogheny. There are 3 sections of the Yough. Upper, Middle and Lower. It's dam controlled. The Middle is mostly just a smooth canoe ride. The Lower has class II and III rapids. The Upper is entirely class V. It drops at something like 125 feet per mile. It will make you focus.
I white-water rafted the Lower New River (WVa)--exciting and beautiful. And I saw the daredevils parachuting down from the New River Gorge Bridge. Close to idiocy really.

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#596488 Sep 28, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
I don't believe my participation on this site---or any other writer participation on this site matters to YHWH one flip when it comes to someone eternity. Because we all here acting. This is a fantasy site with made up persona. YHWH see each writer behind the billboard. That what matter to YHWH. Not this site. This site is a game. I play it one way--other writers play it a different way, but in the end is a game.
But I know writers that take this site more serious than me. So each writer have to conclude just for themselves if they participation on this site have anything to do with they eternity. As for me---I say None. No factor. And when I write that how I write. But you can feel different about the billboard. That you.
Again nice verse. But as I tell you before. When it come to the bible---I no believe any verse in the bible-->>Not one<<---have anything to do with a fantasy site made up of actors with made up personas with a slogan drawings and art as identity.
So if you want to relate you verse to off the billboard life---we can talk. If you apply it to this billboard---then we no have anything to discuss.
You no have any control over how anyone represent Christianity.
It's OK to believe this what you write "I do believe that it can be a place where others should be able to "see" how faith has affected your life. It destroys the message of "God is love"..."love thy neighbor"..."do unto others"...when that is not the message that is represented by the followers"
[[[
You can believe that. I no see the billboard in that way. The billboard is not a "place" it's a internet site.
Frankly writer---if any writer here make this fantasy site make them see God or Christianity in the way you say--that is "their fault". That is "their responsibility". If they see God as not love because this site--that is >>on them<<.
Because they allowed themselves to see this site as the same as behind the billboard offline life where how faith impacts a person's life is to be viewed--not on some site for views and opinions. If they allow themselves to see the site the same as behind the billboard offline life---That is delusional madness, fantastical, naive, foolish, stupid, idiotic, and infantile.
There is no turning on on off of faith here. It's simply a site for views and opinions concerning matters in the news or in the case of this site Religious views, opinions, arguments, debates, etc.
That's it. A writer want to see the site as anything different---then the consequences are on them, not anyone else. They bear the responsibility of seeing the site for something that the site is not. They can't blame--anyone, but themselves.
YHWH no see nothing writer.

No hay YHWH.
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#596489 Sep 28, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
FU pervert.
Lil is a long time friend of mine.
If you had a half a brain, you would be dangerous.
I don't need brain to poison you and your stupidity
cyber friends are not friends,
and your brain is not brain without of my FARTS
also breath my Fart,and dream that only you got BRAIN?
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#596490 Sep 28, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
YHWH no see nothing writer.
No hay YHWH.
ONLY inside of your glued by s..and farts brain?

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#596491 Sep 28, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
These trolls are into the woodwork
What an embarrassment
No self-respect. Nothing better to do.
Deriving satisfaction the only way they can, going room to room and spreading as much misery as possible
They rarely have normal conversations with each other. And even when they try the best they can muster are lame jokes and pseudo-intellectualism. They certainly aren't capable of talking to others. Every room they have been in, it is the same 3-5 people that nobody else on Topix wants anything to do with it. Soon each room becomes a ghost town. Definitely until they decide to go infect a different place
I just read page after page of the same garbage, from the same few people, not even noticing they are they only ones talking. Or caring.
Kudos secular humanists (rolls eyes)
So very true. They run in packs like rabid dogs. I think we should just rename them "The Rabid Troll Pack". They could have an official flag with a foaming at the mouth yipping Chiwawa on it. The flag colors would of course be pink and lavender. Their motto would be "we matter, we really do".

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#596492 Sep 28, 2013
<quoted text>
I can, except when discussing the parts of your religion that claim that we survive death, or that equate ultimate love with death. Did you see my list of really bad Christian ideas like Christian sexual guilt, Christian anti-scientism, Christian homophobia, Christian infantilizing, Christian alienation, and Christian misanthropy? It didn't mention death.
<quoted text>
Actually, the foundation of secular humanism is reason and compassion. It is very life affirming.
<quoted text>
That's on the list, too: your Christian anti-scientism.
Secular humanism won't come up with any more scientific theories than atheism does. Science has, and will continue to do so.
And even when the question as have all been answered, people of faith like you will continue to refuse to understand it or believe it, so please don't insult our intelligence or compliment your own by implying that you are an open-minded and reasonable person who would allow himself to be convinced by a compelling scientific argument if only science has one.
<quoted text>
No you're not. You have two major impediments: faith and scientific ignorance. Even with an open mind, you'd be starting at ground zero.
You no have nothing but delusional fantasies about how people and the universe come forth. It's science fiction and a fairy tale for adults. You can't defend it, because there is no defense. And if you try you know I going to destroy it, simple as that.

There will be no answers because knowledge of how this universe or people came about is regressing not evolving. There is more questions than answers today. So you can hold you breath thinking there will be any answers--that you.

Reason and Compassion can be the foundation of just about any philosophy. Ask a politician about the Democratic party in America and they probably tell you something about "reason and compassion".

yah---sure you can discuss a lot about Christianity and not include death. But when it comes to disproving the Christian Deity---or any other religious Deity for that matter---that when death have to come in the argument. Because for most people of faith only death can alter belief.

I anticipate spending eternity with Jesus Christ in Glory because of my belief and embrace of Yeshua Messiah sure. But I also anticipate the monday night football game between the Miami Dolphins and the New England Patriots. One is a short term anticipation. The other is a eternal anticipation. Death is neither good or bad it just IS. Dying is another matter. But death in itself---why not talk about it if it can't be avoided.

Well yes I believe death is everlasting life and that belief is on Faith. How is that circular?

The dictionary definition of death has nothing to do with eternal life. This body we have on earth will not go into eternal life. The dictionary definition of death is based on the human body. God's definition of eternal life depends on the Soul. Which you have to decide if you have one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 12 min New Theory 64,054
i swap sexy photos of my girlfriend (Jan '10) 13 min Fitcouple 75
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min The Hangman 973,811
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 14 min Toby 106,507
You are of your father......THE DEVIL. 15 min Knock off purse s... 28
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 28 min hojo 654,044
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 41 min WasteWater 2,583
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 10 hr Clive 80
More from around the web