Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#596003 Sep 26, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
And what did I mistake?
You claimed the actions of an individual taints the group. You would apply this even when acting on their own beliefs or desires. You also claimed even though it taints the whole group that it doesn't mean you are saying everyone in the group would do the same thing that you claim tainted it
By your logic, it doesn't matter who actually commits the act. So long as someone dies the group is tainted. So why does it matter if you aren't claiming every Christian would commit the same act? If they do the act they are tainted. And if they don't do the act they are trained by association.
So even though we are not going to agree an individual action taints a group. Do positive things people do make everyone in the group look better?
Yes or no?
Getting a direct answer here will be like pulling teeth I'm guessing
Until you cease misstating what I did say, explained in detail, and at length, in hopes you >wouldn't< misstate what I said and a productive dialog could be had, you, it's gonna be like pulling teeth and those teeth are yours.

But, no, you're gonna keep repeating what you thought I meant, or need it to mean, not what I said.

Get your pliers out and start pulling your teeth, or, quit misstating what I said.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#596004 Sep 26, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep thinking what you will. You've already demonstrated that you'll misunderstand what I do say, or misstate it, then run off on some bizarre trek that ends up with me telling you the same thing.
Over.
And over.
And over.
My ex won't stop texting me.

I signed up for On-anonon meetings. Old joke but I it fits :)

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#596005 Sep 26, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Fallacy of equivocation.
Stop.
As soon as you drop the daffynition habit you picked up from RR.

Faith is a word that does not pertain only to unsupported religious beliefs.
To pretend it does is deceitful.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#596006 Sep 26, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Religious faith is a socially supported delusion.
Maintenance of faith requires a suspension of disbelief, and willful ignorance.
As does patriotism, military service, voting, etc..

You probably have as much of it as any Christian.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#596007 Sep 26, 2013
The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne and worshiped him that liveth for ever and ever and cast their crowns before the throne saying. Thou art worthy O Lord to receive glory and honour and power for thou hast created all things and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#596008 Sep 26, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you're me.
Those who know will know. Those who don't will wonder.
Forever and ever
Bobloblah
Do you have my information?

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#596009 Sep 26, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Well speaking of fantasy---we for example can prove this billboard is a Fantastical Alternate Existence. Nothing that is written here affects or has any consequence to my existence offline and behind this billboard. Nothing. And for most other people here--that is the case also.
Do you lose your memory of what you say here and what you read?

If you have a memory of your experiences here, those memories affect future calculations in your brain. If the information is in your brain, it will be used. There will be consequences.
trifecta1 wrote:
Prove God is a Fantasy. Prove God does not exist. Prove God does not affect people's lives.
Most deity claims are not falsifiable.

There are an infinite number of non falsifiable claims that can be made.

What is your evidence that God does exist? Is that evidence better than the evidence offered by all people who put forth non falsifiable claims?

People are affected by their beliefs in numerous deities. Do you believe that because they are affected by their beliefs, that their beliefs are true?
trifecta1 wrote:
And if you can neither prove God is a Fantasy or that God does not exist or doesn't affects people's lives---frankly you have a unsolvable belief problem. It's not a belief problem for the Thiest---it's a problem, for you.
In that case, I need you to prove that everything you don't believe in does not exist, otherwise, you've got an infinite number of unsolvable problems.
trifecta1 wrote:
For the Theist that is convinced God exist---there is nothing you can do or say that can change or alter that belief. Good luck with that problem.
I'm aware of that problem. It's one of the things that makes faith so dangerous.

My concern for the well being of humanity demands that I oppose faith as a mechanism, but also any manifestations of faith that have proven to be damaging.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#596010 Sep 26, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Religious faith is a socially supported delusion.
Maintenance of faith requires a suspension of disbelief, and willful ignorance.
Its a delusion because you say so?

It's willful ignorance because you say so?

Yet you can't prove either statement to be true.

In fact, It may be you who is delusional and willfully ignorant due to your faith in science and belief with no proof whatsoever that the universe created itself and life formed from non-life

Why the need to overcompensate and claim other people are delusional and ignorant for having beliefs they can't prove when you have beliefs you can't prove? Are you that insecure that your need to feel superior makes you incapable of seeing the obvious?

You are the guy against labels right? Yet you call entire groups delusional and ignorant. You call basically 90% of the population delusional and ignorant.

Yeah your way really brings people together

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#596011 Sep 26, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
An understanding of faith dispels the illusion. An understanding of how a magic trick works, makes the magic go away. People that have an overwhelming need to believe in magic will not look at the very real mechanisms that explain it.
Some people would prefer to maintain mysteries instead of acquiring knowledge. They would prefer to keep a large space open for the imagination to fill with projections of their own needs. Every new discovery tramples on someone's magical fantasy. You know that the belief has been damaging when they can't move on to the next gap. They were too invested, too convinced, too committed to the fantasy. The march of progress stops for no man, or his fantasy.
.. you use the word "magic" as a term of opprobrium to oppose religion but "magic" does not have a universal definition. If you say something is a coincidence, the next person might say it's magic (or a miracle)..

.. did you enjoy Scar's poem by T.S. Elliot? That's magic and we all possess it; you more than others - it's accessible through your intuition and imagination. Or, try some shrooms !!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#596012 Sep 26, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
And the first beast was like a lion and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had the face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle.
And the four beast had each of them six wings about him and they were full of eyes within: and the rest not day and night saying holy holy holy Lord God Almighty which was and is and is to come.
And when those beast give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne who lived for ever and ever.
Sounds much like the "Halls of Justice", but different than Thoth explained 6000 years ago.

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#596013 Sep 26, 2013
River Tam wrote:
Criss Angel can fly.
So there.
He's accrued fifty thousand frequent levitation inches.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#596014 Sep 26, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Patriotism does not require delusion nor does military service.

Location hidden

#596015 Sep 26, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne and worshiped him that liveth for ever and ever and cast their crowns before the throne saying. Thou art worthy O Lord to receive glory and honour and power for thou hast created all things and for thy pleasure they are and were created.
4 and 20

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#596016 Sep 26, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Until you cease misstating what I did say, explained in detail, and at length, in hopes you >wouldn't< misstate what I said and a productive dialog could be had, you, it's gonna be like pulling teeth and those teeth are yours.
But, no, you're gonna keep repeating what you thought I meant, or need it to mean, not what I said.
Get your pliers out and start pulling your teeth, or, quit misstating what I said.
You are looking desperate now

If it makes you feel better you can claim I misstated you without explaining how.

Anyway:

1) Is there any group with a shared code, belief system, ideology, etc that you don't feel is tainted? And if not, why?

2) Do good things done by Christians make Christianity and its members look better in the same way that bad things done by Christians taints the faith and its members?

How is that corner you painted yourself in?

Even without an answer, the complete hypocrisy and unsupportable real life application is glaring. It either applies to everyone and works both ways; positive and negative, or you simply don't even believe your own position

Location hidden

#596017 Sep 26, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds much like the "Halls of Justice", but different than Thoth explained 6000 years ago.
Have you ever faced the beast (Halls of man's Justice)???

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#596018 Sep 26, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that's funny. Funny. Let me know when the people that fill this forum bashing others saying how superior they are, how they are so much more tolerant start to live this. Till then its just some empty words, nothing more.
Hi Chris !!

Welcome back.

Did Mrs. Clearwater get my text message about this weekend?

<< plagiarism in its finest hour >>

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#596019 Sep 26, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>You are looking desperate now
If it makes you feel better you can claim I misstated you without explaining how.
Anyway:
1) Is there any group with a shared code, belief system, ideology, etc that you don't feel is tainted? And if not, why?
2) Do good things done by Christians make Christianity and its members look better in the same way that bad things done by Christians taints the faith and its members?
How is that corner you painted yourself in?
Even without an answer, the complete hypocrisy and unsupportable real life application is glaring. It either applies to everyone and works both ways; positive and negative, or you simply don't even believe your own position
You're still misstating what I said. You know you are, too.

<Skombolis> "Bark, bark, I bark, bow to my spin, play a game..."

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#596020 Sep 26, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
As soon as you drop the daffynition habit you picked up from RR.
Faith is a word that does not pertain only to unsupported religious beliefs.
To pretend it does is deceitful.
I never stated that faith could only be used one way. I was ONLY talking about religious faith.

Discussion of other ways in which "faith", as a word, can be used, is irrelevant here. That can be used as a distraction, or an attempt to defend religious faith by linking it to other uses of the word "faith" that are not related mechanically.

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#596021 Sep 26, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
I reject nationalism too.

I'm a consummate rationalist, not just an atheist.

Location hidden

#596022 Sep 26, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
4 and 20
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =McLP2IRq4y0XX
Thanks River for the music,lyrics speaks of many walks, of many this world.

Believe it or not I known many just like what Stephen stills sings of.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Lumatrix 839,729
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 5 min Havi 118
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 15 min lovewithin 40,524
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 19 min Mike thunkit 100,067
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 26 min waaasssuuup 4,573
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 28 min kent 590,624
bless the jews (Nov '08) 40 min son of God 7,221
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Charlie Sheen 271,396
More from around the web