UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#595895 Sep 26, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Continued;
And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write: Theses things saith he that is holy , he that is true, he that hath the key of David, the that openeth and no man shutteth; and shutteth and no man openeth.
I know thy works behold I have set before thee an open door and no man can shut it; for thou hast a little strength and hast kept my word and hast not denied my name.
Behold I will make them of the synagogue of Satan which say they are Jew and are not but do lie: behold I will make them to come and worship before thy feet and to know that I have loved thee.
Because thou has kept the word of my patience I also will keep three from the hour of temptation which shall come upon all the world to try them that dwell upon the earth.
Behold I come quickly: hold fast which thou hast that no man take thy crown.
Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God and he shall go no more out and I will write upon him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God which is new Jerusalem which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
He that hath an ear let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Letter to Philadelphia.
BWHAHHAHaaa

JONATHAN EDWARDS (1703-1758) Colonial American Calvinist, theologian, president of Princeton University
Quoted in The American Treasury, ed. Clifton Fadiman, 1955
'Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God," sermon (1741)

"The God that holds you over the pit of hell, much as one holds a spider, or some loathsome insect over the fire, abhors you, and is dreadfully provoked; his wrath towards you burns like fire; ... he is of purer eyes than to bear to have you in his sight; you are ten thousand times more abominable in his eyes, than the most hateful venemous serpent is in ours. You have offended him infinitely more than ever a stubborn rebel did his prince; and yet it is nothing but his hand that holds you from falling into the fire every moment.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#595896 Sep 26, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant insight!
Here this Christian is (falsely) accusing us of judging all of Christendom based on the actions of one person, which is exactly what his god allegedly did.
Then the response back equates to:

"That has a metaphorical meaning"

The cognitive dissonance exhibited there is astounding.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#595897 Sep 26, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Top 'O the Morning to ya...
“Adventure is worthwhile in itself.”
~ Amelia Earhart
Thought for the day
I have always agreed with that outlook.

Sometimes the best ones are never planned, have no intended destination, and you just have to grab them as they present themselves.

That's how it is for me, anyway.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#595898 Sep 26, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I do.
I like many Christians here and even admire a few.
I have respect for Christians here, too.

The strange thing is the ones I have respect for, many of the Christians I have little respect for, dislike the Christians I respect.

United States

#595899 Sep 26, 2013
UidiotRaceMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>Not thing to do with religion wars, our US used one of many propaganda tools like religion to riled up our brainwashed US populace nationalist prides to support our greedy US leaders PNAC goal, the War-for-profiteering agendas and USD/OIL Hegemony and other ill US money global hegemonic agendas - ever hear US MANIFEST DESTINY? U been take to cleaners by corrupted /greedy US leaders agendas. You so undereducated and ignorant and easily molded to support evil agendas. We invaded other nations , no wonder they hate our US!
Read up religious grunt!
John Stockwell, ex-CIA (From his books, speeches...
'
It is the function of the CIA to keep the world unstable, and to propagandize and teach the American people to hate, so we will let the Establishment spend any amount of money on arms.
===
add!

Mary Roberts Rinehart
"
I hate those men who would send into war youth to fight and die for them; the pride and cowardice of those old men, making their wars that boys must die.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#595900 Sep 26, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
The strange thing is the ones I have respect for, many of the Christians I have little respect for, dislike the Christians I respect.
That has been my experience as well.

United States

#595901 Sep 26, 2013
Thomas della Peruta

Our (American) children are not born to hate, they are raised to hate.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#595902 Sep 26, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Jesus, you're a stupid man.
Do you know what stereotyping is? I'll tell you what it's not: It's not formulating an opinion about the nature of an idea or other abstraction by observing actual people and modifying ones opinion with each new instance. If I read and interview a thousand Christians over the course of several years on Topix, and each one contributes a small part to my total understanding of what it is and what it does - some tainting it with their behavior, some not - then I have done an informal study and drawn conclusions based on evidence.
You taint your religion. Trifecta taints it. Shrink taints it. Red Apples taints it. Is that stereotyping either any of you or Christianity? No, it's not.
Like it or not, you are each ambassadors for your faith.
"A thousand people cannot convince one by words to the extent that one person can convince a thousand by action." - From the Zoroastrian Avesta, 2nd millennium BCE.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#595903 Sep 26, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I never left.
And yet, I returned.
I thought maybe you white sheeted me for awhile.

HL gets jealous when I'm under your sheet.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#595904 Sep 26, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
That is all in your head. Just like your belief that nothing/emptiness/void began the process to make your ancestors. You have a lot of Faith though.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#595905 Sep 26, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. if, like Galileo, my existence was threatened by the church, I would submit. Wouldn't you? Hence, wouldn't submission become a positive quality ??..
.. if I submit to you voluntarily, I display trust, correct? If you force me to submit, I feel disdain, distrust and disgust ..
.. some churches commit spiritual rape via fear and shame (especially with children), submit their bid for power, demand authority and claim ultimate victory over the unknown. They quash the spirit and are destitute of virtue. It's the responsibility of any civilized society to destroy such organizations ..
It's ironic and unfortunate that in regards to theism and it's effect, atheists and non theists have to stand up and speak against that mentality.

You'd think theists themselves would be leading the effort.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#595906 Sep 26, 2013
<quoted text>
Nicely said, Karl. Of course we can judge Christianity based on observing Christians.
Soon you'll hear what a bigot and stereotyper you are for coming to conclusions based on those observations.
"I heard a man loudly exclaim,'I am a christian!' Then I watched him awhile and decided I would not be" – Oukah
Skombolis would cry "Foul!" at a comment like that.
It wouldn't surprise me either, if he began to denigrate Oukah for being an American Aboriginal, and then start to make comments about living in "teepees' and other such disparaging remarks.

Here's a couple more Oukah quotes from around the late 1700's if I'm not mistaken.

"The truth is sometimes harsh and unrelenting. Most people would prefer a nice, comfortable lie they can live with." - Oukah

"All human beings are flawed. If anyone were perfect, his very perfection would be his imperfection, for it would make him different from the rest of us." - Oukah

Location hidden

#595907 Sep 26, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Friend.....
Guess what my 20 year old grandaughter is thinking of getting into?....Mortuary Science....(Work at a Funeral Home)
I told her "Well...you'll always have business"
Good for her. In some states it takes a 4 year degree and in others an Associates degree. I think it's very important work. It takes a special person with a special sense of humour.

Another profession that always has business is prostitution but I wouldn't recommend that for her.

Location hidden

#595908 Sep 26, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>That is all in your head. Just like your belief that nothing/emptiness/void began the process to make your ancestors. You have a lot of Faith though.
The real question is: What, if anything, is in your head?

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#595909 Sep 26, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Your god was nailed to a piece of lumber. How omnipotent of him.
Yeah, from what I recall "the Jesus!" isn't real good at put downs, but with a little help excels at being put up... and then taken down, by someone else, who isn't omnipotent.

I think I nailed that one.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#595910 Sep 26, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Did my toenail story bother you, Bongo?
That was my intent, ya know?
Let me ask you this. Was the woman who called my girlfriend and I filthy dykes loud enough for us to hear it acting obnoxiously or righteously in public? When people treat me with respect I generally respond in kind. That goes the other way as well. Nobody got hurt. That's the important thing. People chew on nails all the time.
Lighten up a little. It was funny.
:-)
Like a meal with a hidden toothpick.

Or..ermm... "toethpick".

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#595911 Sep 26, 2013
Larry wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning sunshine!!!!!!!!!!
Good afternoon Mr. Piggy.
Hope you haven't - falsely -accused anyone of murder today..

Who cares if you have, though, right?
Say three Hail Marys and one Act of Contrition..your god will forgive you.
You can write it off claiming yer having a bad day.. And you slandered another
- just because-..

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#595912 Sep 26, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>That is all in your head. Just like your belief that nothing/emptiness/void began the process to make your ancestors. You have a lot of Faith though.
kthanxbai

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#595913 Sep 26, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems our detractors have both of us unemployed. LOL
Hope you enjoy your 'not-a-job' as much as I enjoy mine.
You are going to have to bond w Skom over something else.
I said he worked 3rd shift. Which, years ago he said he did.
I guess it's now 2nd shift.

Never said he doesn't have a job. Sorry.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#595914 Sep 26, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
The real question is: What, if anything, is in your head?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 2 min Lie Crasher 44
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Dave Nelson 778,441
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min YellowPissreality 265,470
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Chess 560,509
I want to watch my wife flirt and get picked up... (Aug '12) 12 min loving husband 70
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 22 min RiccardoFire 96,863
The Topix Keepers (Dec '10) 43 min Bree_Z 15,817
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 3 hr yon 4,897
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 6 hr risque 137
More from around the web