Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#596012 Sep 26, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
And the first beast was like a lion and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had the face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle.
And the four beast had each of them six wings about him and they were full of eyes within: and the rest not day and night saying holy holy holy Lord God Almighty which was and is and is to come.
And when those beast give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne who lived for ever and ever.
Sounds much like the "Halls of Justice", but different than Thoth explained 6000 years ago.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#596013 Sep 26, 2013
River Tam wrote:
Criss Angel can fly.
So there.
He's accrued fifty thousand frequent levitation inches.

“e pluribus unum”

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#596014 Sep 26, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
As does patriotism, military service, voting, etc..
You probably have as much of it as any Christian.
Patriotism does not require delusion nor does military service.

“What game?”

Location hidden

#596015 Sep 26, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne and worshiped him that liveth for ever and ever and cast their crowns before the throne saying. Thou art worthy O Lord to receive glory and honour and power for thou hast created all things and for thy pleasure they are and were created.
4 and 20

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#596016 Sep 26, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Until you cease misstating what I did say, explained in detail, and at length, in hopes you >wouldn't< misstate what I said and a productive dialog could be had, you, it's gonna be like pulling teeth and those teeth are yours.
But, no, you're gonna keep repeating what you thought I meant, or need it to mean, not what I said.
Get your pliers out and start pulling your teeth, or, quit misstating what I said.
You are looking desperate now

If it makes you feel better you can claim I misstated you without explaining how.

Anyway:

1) Is there any group with a shared code, belief system, ideology, etc that you don't feel is tainted? And if not, why?

2) Do good things done by Christians make Christianity and its members look better in the same way that bad things done by Christians taints the faith and its members?

How is that corner you painted yourself in?

Even without an answer, the complete hypocrisy and unsupportable real life application is glaring. It either applies to everyone and works both ways; positive and negative, or you simply don't even believe your own position

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#596017 Sep 26, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds much like the "Halls of Justice", but different than Thoth explained 6000 years ago.
Have you ever faced the beast (Halls of man's Justice)???

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#596018 Sep 26, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that's funny. Funny. Let me know when the people that fill this forum bashing others saying how superior they are, how they are so much more tolerant start to live this. Till then its just some empty words, nothing more.
Hi Chris !!

Welcome back.

Did Mrs. Clearwater get my text message about this weekend?

<< plagiarism in its finest hour >>

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#596019 Sep 26, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>You are looking desperate now
If it makes you feel better you can claim I misstated you without explaining how.
Anyway:
1) Is there any group with a shared code, belief system, ideology, etc that you don't feel is tainted? And if not, why?
2) Do good things done by Christians make Christianity and its members look better in the same way that bad things done by Christians taints the faith and its members?
How is that corner you painted yourself in?
Even without an answer, the complete hypocrisy and unsupportable real life application is glaring. It either applies to everyone and works both ways; positive and negative, or you simply don't even believe your own position
You're still misstating what I said. You know you are, too.

<Skombolis> "Bark, bark, I bark, bow to my spin, play a game..."

Location hidden

#596020 Sep 26, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
As soon as you drop the daffynition habit you picked up from RR.
Faith is a word that does not pertain only to unsupported religious beliefs.
To pretend it does is deceitful.
I never stated that faith could only be used one way. I was ONLY talking about religious faith.

Discussion of other ways in which "faith", as a word, can be used, is irrelevant here. That can be used as a distraction, or an attempt to defend religious faith by linking it to other uses of the word "faith" that are not related mechanically.

Location hidden

#596021 Sep 26, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
As does patriotism, military service, voting, etc..
You probably have as much of it as any Christian.
I reject nationalism too.

I'm a consummate rationalist, not just an atheist.

Location hidden

#596022 Sep 26, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
4 and 20
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =McLP2IRq4y0XX
Thanks River for the music,lyrics speaks of many walks, of many this world.

Believe it or not I known many just like what Stephen stills sings of.

“What game?”

Location hidden

#596023 Sep 26, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever faced the beast (Halls of man's Justice)???
Only once and it broke just like a mirror.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#596024 Sep 26, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
You're still misstating what I said. You know you are, too.
<Skombolis> "Bark, bark, I bark, bow to my spin, play a game..."
LOL

You are just going full retard now! I didn't even mention a single thing you said in that post! And if I am misstating you why won't you tell me how?

But since these questions are not me stating anything you have said but are just on topic questions, I will try once again. Surely your answers will clear up anything I may have misstated right?

1) Do you believe all groups with a shared code, belief system, or ideology are tainted by actions of some of their members? And if so, is there any group that isn't tainted?

2) In the same way that groups get tainted by what their members do, are they also positively elevated by the good things done by its members?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#596025 Sep 26, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you use the word "magic" as a term of opprobrium to oppose religion but "magic" does not have a universal definition. If you say something is a coincidence, the next person might say it's magic (or a miracle)..
.. did you enjoy Scar's poem by T.S. Elliot? That's magic and we all possess it; you more than others - it's accessible through your intuition and imagination. Or, try some shrooms !!
"Magic" exists.
Music, love, a beautiful sunset, ad infinitum.

"There are more thing in Heaven and Earth than are dreampt of in all your philosophies, Horatio."

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#596026 Sep 26, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever faced the beast
.. ya, back in 1998. When I rolled over in bed the next morning, I swore off rum ..

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#596027 Sep 26, 2013
That like saying you go to the beach or disney world or go watch a movie or eat a ice cream cone---just because you remember those events there will be consequences.

That is ludicrous writer. You do those activities purely for recreational kill time or fun purposes. after you watch the movie--if you have a normal brain you remember the movie but you no try and do what in the movie. It's a fantasy. Just like the beach you enjoy yourself take a swim and go home. What future consequences is there to that? or you eat a ice cream cone. You have a memory of those things..so what? You saying just because a person remember something there is a future consequence?? that's nonsense.

I believe people when they say a Deity affect they life. Absolutely. I have been around enough Hindus and Muslims to know that when those people say they have an experience with a Deity---they 100% sure it was a Deity and I believe them.

Proving God to you is not a priority. It's simply not important to anyone to prove God to you or is it possible. That is totally up to you. There is no consequence to anyone if you don't believe in God. Sure you may have an affect on you children---but when you children grow up then it's their responsibility to figure out if God exist or not. You have control over them only for so long.
[QUOTE][QUOTE who="Tide with Beach"]<quoted text>
Do you lose your memory of what you say here and what you read?
If you have a memory of your experiences here, those memories affect future calculations in your brain. If the information is in your brain, it will be used. There will be consequences.
<quoted text>
Most deity claims are not falsifiable.
There are an infinite number of non falsifiable claims that can be made.
What is your evidence that God does exist? Is that evidence better than the evidence offered by all people who put forth non falsifiable claims?
People are affected by their beliefs in numerous deities. Do you believe that because they are affected by their beliefs, that their beliefs are true?
<quoted text>
In that case, I need you to prove that everything you don't believe in does not exist, otherwise, you've got an infinite number of unsolvable problems.
<quoted text>
I'm aware of that problem. It's one of the things that makes faith so dangerous.
My concern for the well being of humanity demands that I oppose faith as a mechanism, but also any manifestations of faith that have proven to be damaging.
I have no problem with that goal. I just don't believe you're affecting any achievement of that goal on this billboard because it's a fantasy sport. You may talk about people that just reading the billboard---but you can't measure that, so that makes it a unproven hypothesis--which not worth much. And surely you don't expect to influence Christians. You would have better luck convincing the pope the Vatican not in Rome.

There is no problem for me.

And the simple reason is my dedication to my faith--is until Death.

I no have to prove Zeus or Apollo or any god is false. I no care.

Only in death can my belief and faith be altered.

That why I say your unbelief in God is not a problem for the Theist, it's a problem for you. Because the Theist only sees death as the only altering of their beliefs. Death is the currency of Religion.

The endgame--is Death writer. So good luck in your endeavor about Faith and Humanity.

Location hidden

#596028 Sep 26, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. you use the word "magic" as a term of opprobrium to oppose religion but "magic" does not have a universal definition. If you say something is a coincidence, the next person might say it's magic (or a miracle)..
Magic was once the equal of religion. Magic and miracle are the same kind of non answer. They are projections of need.

Today, we accept magical illusions for what they are. Most of us do anyways. And magic has never been better. We can now enjoy magic without the accompanying fear, because we know it's a clever illusion. We don't act on the belief that magical illusions are as real as they appear, or we'd be putting magicians in jail for making animals disappear, or for cutting people in half.
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. did you enjoy Scar's poem by T.S. Elliot? That's magic and we all possess it; you more than others - it's accessible through your intuition and imagination. Or, try some shrooms !!
I strongly believe in the power of the imagination and fantasy as a potentially positive force.

The danger comes from acting in a shared reality based on beliefs from a subjective reality. We should all at least pretend to care about what is actually true when we're making decisions that affect others. We should act in accordance with established methods proven to be the best at determining what is most likely true. Rational skepticism has proven to be the best. Faith has proven to be the worst.

Location hidden

#596029 Sep 26, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Only once and it broke just like a mirror.
Bravo for you.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#596030 Sep 26, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Patriotism does not require delusion nor does military service.
ROFLMAO

You are quite delusional.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#596031 Sep 26, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I never stated that faith could only be used one way. I was ONLY talking about religious faith....
Then use the word with the adjective! You are spending way too much time with Christians. I think you need a time out. They are getting to you.

I have faith that the Universe will continue to do exactly what it is supposed to do according to the creative and guiding force that some call physics and others call God. Neither are complete descriptions of it.

That is MY religious faith. It is neither delusional nor falsehood based.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min truth 667,968
Electing Donald Trump was a terrible mistake 18 min catspaw1955 9
Everyone is a fool 26 min Truthiness 6
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 39 min Rider on the Storm 92,765
God has.......A-L-W-A-Y-S?!?!......EXISTED???!!! 43 min Truthiness 12
I have extra fertility meds in my fridge 3 hr Sarahdavis64 1
Am I supposed to do with extra fertility drugs 3 hr Sarahdavis64 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Rosa_Winkel 979,480
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr Pegasus 286,096
More from around the web