Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#595904 Sep 26, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I have respect for Christians here, too.
The strange thing is the ones I have respect for, many of the Christians I have little respect for, dislike the Christians I respect.
That is all in your head. Just like your belief that nothing/emptiness/void began the process to make your ancestors. You have a lot of Faith though.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#595905 Sep 26, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. if, like Galileo, my existence was threatened by the church, I would submit. Wouldn't you? Hence, wouldn't submission become a positive quality ??..
.. if I submit to you voluntarily, I display trust, correct? If you force me to submit, I feel disdain, distrust and disgust ..
.. some churches commit spiritual rape via fear and shame (especially with children), submit their bid for power, demand authority and claim ultimate victory over the unknown. They quash the spirit and are destitute of virtue. It's the responsibility of any civilized society to destroy such organizations ..
It's ironic and unfortunate that in regards to theism and it's effect, atheists and non theists have to stand up and speak against that mentality.

You'd think theists themselves would be leading the effort.

Location hidden

#595906 Sep 26, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Nicely said, Karl. Of course we can judge Christianity based on observing Christians.
Soon you'll hear what a bigot and stereotyper you are for coming to conclusions based on those observations.
"I heard a man loudly exclaim,'I am a christian!' Then I watched him awhile and decided I would not be" – Oukah
Skombolis would cry "Foul!" at a comment like that.
It wouldn't surprise me either, if he began to denigrate Oukah for being an American Aboriginal, and then start to make comments about living in "teepees' and other such disparaging remarks.

Here's a couple more Oukah quotes from around the late 1700's if I'm not mistaken.

"The truth is sometimes harsh and unrelenting. Most people would prefer a nice, comfortable lie they can live with." - Oukah

"All human beings are flawed. If anyone were perfect, his very perfection would be his imperfection, for it would make him different from the rest of us." - Oukah

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#595907 Sep 26, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Friend.....
Guess what my 20 year old grandaughter is thinking of getting into?....Mortuary Science....(Work at a Funeral Home)
I told her "Well...you'll always have business"
Good for her. In some states it takes a 4 year degree and in others an Associates degree. I think it's very important work. It takes a special person with a special sense of humour.

Another profession that always has business is prostitution but I wouldn't recommend that for her.

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#595908 Sep 26, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>That is all in your head. Just like your belief that nothing/emptiness/void began the process to make your ancestors. You have a lot of Faith though.
The real question is: What, if anything, is in your head?

Location hidden

#595909 Sep 26, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Your god was nailed to a piece of lumber. How omnipotent of him.
Yeah, from what I recall "the Jesus!" isn't real good at put downs, but with a little help excels at being put up... and then taken down, by someone else, who isn't omnipotent.

I think I nailed that one.

Location hidden

#595910 Sep 26, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Did my toenail story bother you, Bongo?
That was my intent, ya know?
Let me ask you this. Was the woman who called my girlfriend and I filthy dykes loud enough for us to hear it acting obnoxiously or righteously in public? When people treat me with respect I generally respond in kind. That goes the other way as well. Nobody got hurt. That's the important thing. People chew on nails all the time.
Lighten up a little. It was funny.
:-)
Like a meal with a hidden toothpick.

Or..ermm... "toethpick".

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#595911 Sep 26, 2013
Larry wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning sunshine!!!!!!!!!!
Good afternoon Mr. Piggy.
Hope you haven't - falsely -accused anyone of murder today..

Who cares if you have, though, right?
Say three Hail Marys and one Act of Contrition..your god will forgive you.
You can write it off claiming yer having a bad day.. And you slandered another
- just because-..

Location hidden

#595912 Sep 26, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>That is all in your head. Just like your belief that nothing/emptiness/void began the process to make your ancestors. You have a lot of Faith though.
kthanxbai

Location hidden

#595913 Sep 26, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems our detractors have both of us unemployed. LOL
Hope you enjoy your 'not-a-job' as much as I enjoy mine.
You are going to have to bond w Skom over something else.
I said he worked 3rd shift. Which, years ago he said he did.
I guess it's now 2nd shift.

Never said he doesn't have a job. Sorry.

Location hidden

#595914 Sep 26, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

#595915 Sep 26, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
:)
You are giving that creepy smile again.
You know Ben is misrepresenting my post.. Yet you take a pat on the back just like
a dishonest politician..
You are greasy..
Yuck!

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#595916 Sep 26, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
How is that relevant to you?

Location hidden

#595917 Sep 26, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope second shift, the sun is out right now:)
Yeah I believe you are sad for me!
That was sarcasm!
have you noticed it would seem nobody believes anything you say
Even the atheists aren't taking the bait and falling for your sudden side switch. Guess calling people you knew were not Christians "filthy Christians" was a bit too obvious. Nobody likes a suck-up poser
To save you time i counted all the responses your other posts got:
~snicker
Carrion
Honestly- I don't like you.. I see no goodness in you.
I find you vile.. I see you as a narcissist - a black spot on humanity.

Yet, I do feel sorry for you- your life is wrapped up in being a jerk on wsjlm..
You are obsessed w this room, and yes- I feel for anyone who has to work
- like you do- for a living.

Why can't you grasp the fact that I don't care what others think of me? Is it
because popularity means the world to you?- it means nothing to me.

I only wrote to yourself and Larry and Scar this a.m.
All three of you responded to me.
lol.
Why are you such a liar? Oh yeah.. You're a narcissist -it's how you role
- makes perfect sense.
Larry

Lakeville, MN

#595918 Sep 26, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Good afternoon Mr. Piggy.
Hope you haven't - falsely -accused anyone of murder today..
Who cares if you have, though, right?
Say three Hail Marys and one Act of Contrition..your god will forgive you.
You can write it off claiming yer having a bad day.. And you slandered another
- just because-..
Keep trying sweetie pie........

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#595919 Sep 26, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I have always agreed with that outlook.
Sometimes the best ones are never planned, have no intended destination, and you just have to grab them as they present themselves.
That's how it is for me, anyway.
I think so too Scar.... or Dancing Eyeball (can I call you that?)

But that sense of Adventure didn't work out well for Amelia did it?

:-)

Location hidden

#595920 Sep 26, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> Well done, LeLe. That is what I consider a Christian moral and imperative.
For me, there's just no other option.
Until we are all free to be who you are born to be- and we can all live in peace-
I'm not going to allow my voice to be silenced by the hateful Christians in this world.

Certainly not going to be silenced here on wsjlm..
Try as they may..
Larry

Lakeville, MN

#595921 Sep 26, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Mornin Rider;
I pulled out the bow and fiddle and dance cause Epi stayed.
Now, Do I need to razor up the tongue or get out the can of whip azz here. LOL Of course could take afew to the desert for a test of a run of endurance. LOL.
What you think Big fellow.
Oh now come on LW.....Just take it easy with the whip azz.......We'll all settle down shortly........No need for drastic measures now.......

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#595922 Sep 26, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought maybe you white sheeted me for awhile.
HL gets jealous when I'm under your sheet.
I like it when HL gets jealous.

She squeezes the scarves tighter.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#595923 Sep 26, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I was wrapping up and had skipped a lot of posts assuming they all just fell into the category of "business as usual" on Topix
Seeing this exchange by you and Larry was well worth the scroll back
Larry and I had a falling out a while back and have since patched things up
While I think I still had a basis for my position as far as order of events went, it turns out I was way off base about a poster he had challenged me on for going after
I would have bet money I had it right. Even knowing that all the game-playing on Topix very easily could have made me hyper-sensitive to the possibility in other situations.
The specifics aren't important and I have since patched things up with that poster as well. It took some doing as I had it about as wrong as someone can get it and in most cases the bridge would have not only been burnt but chopped down, cut into little pieces and buried under ground!
Its a testament to the poster that I was given a fresh start
Larry is good people. I am glad things are good with us
You are good people. I'm glad you and I got to the place we did
And I am glad you and Larry worked this out
While my threshold for Topix seems to be waning and my pessimism growingits not to the point where I can't see the value in finding the diamonds in the rough
There are still some good folks on Topix. I am happy to see two of them were able to see it in each other
Kudos to you both
Well, I try, but not being close enough to read someone's mind, I have no choice but to assume or ignore.
All we have to work with here is a system of letters combined to convey intent and knowledge...an extremely "limited" one at that.
Above all that, there is the fact that I hold a totally different understanding and belief of the ALL and our universal environment and history.
If, and when I attempt to express that, it seems to conjure up all sorts of errant reactions, especially from anyone in the Abrahamic culture...and I am then deemed "the enemy". Generally, there is no further positive communication.
I see most of the population in this world as having a kaleidoscope vision of reality...a population subverted and manipulated by a handful of "elites" for their advantage...religion being an integral tool in/within that process.
I believe that on the timeline of this planet, we have "regressed" as a civilization. The ancient writings alone show this to be true.
Well...enough of that...there is a birds eye (shortened) view of my position.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 min Happy Lesbo 45,879
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Tellthetruth 990,665
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 24 min TRUE CATHOLIC her... 691,922
Jeffreys: Evangelicals will vote for Moore 32 min Big Al 2
__POPE & ISRAEL to SIGN Historic Agreement__ 47 min Truth 2
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 52 min TrumpyDumpty 4,397
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr TrumpyDumpty 6,689
More from around the web