Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#595722 Sep 25, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Look at Yosemite go! You heart rate spike with glee with all this war you have against Skombolis?
Let me see---a 60yr old investing so much mentally into a fight with a much younger man.
Can we say Stroke? why not.
How stupid can one be to lose 100K in a third world country?? oh that's right...you're so stupid.
You going to war to gitcha some Christians Yosemite lol.
Tell us again Yosemite how you "affect" Christianity? Tell us your fantasies about you defeating Christianity again Clown.
How about your stupidity that you have more credibility than USA Today oy!lol! you insignificant runt!
Check that heartrate Yosemite!---you heart strong eh? fight fight! Yosemite--war war Yosemite.
He's gonna be reincarnated as a Topix icon! A big red X!

That way he can put himself on every Christian post and continue his imaginary war on Christianity.

Plus it couldn't be more perfect for him. No "meat-space". And he gets to come to the same room and say the exact same thing to the exact same people day after day after day!

LOL

“What game?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#595723 Sep 25, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
What did you say about corks?
Maybe I don't want to know.
Goodnight Tide. I hope you feel better <3

I'm exhausted. Wanna know why?

;-p

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#595724 Sep 25, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. You said taint.
(I know)

Location hidden

#595725 Sep 25, 2013
scaritual wrote: I hope it wasn't that cork comment I made a while back...
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it cringeworthy? I wanna hear it.
It began here, with a comment you'd made.

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

Then went here.

To here.

And finally here.

It was slightly cringe worthy, but it was more of a chuckle, still.

It was "cringuckle".

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#595726 Sep 25, 2013
River Tam wrote:
Goodnight Tide. I hope you feel better <3
I'm exhausted. Wanna know why?
;-p
I can hypothesize.

:)

Goodnight.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#595727 Sep 26, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Death is the currency of Religion ... Islam Hinduism and Christianity---all religions that have nuclear warheads--will annihilate the whole world to prove who serve the Real God.
And that where the world headed.
Your religion cannot die soon enough.

Fennario

#595728 Sep 26, 2013
River Tam wrote:
Wow, thanks, writer. I just showed my girlfriend this post and some others of yours and RAs. I explained to her why I wouldn't be accompanying her to church again this Sunday. I showed her what some of those pious pew sitters do when they get home and fire up their computers. Keeping me away from church is no great feat. I've been an atheist since birth but my chances of leading her away from this ridiculously evil religion has just grown exponentially. Thanks to you, writer. Carrion
Very interesting.

She might enjoy "I predict a crime scene" http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR... and "Death is the currency of Religion. " http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

Location hidden

#595729 Sep 26, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Edit Scaritual
Some homosexual men are pedophiles and have molested young boys. Such as in the boy-scouts
The percentages are far higher among heterosexual men and being a pedophile. As a matter of fact, pedophilia is considered to be a distinct or separate sexual inclination, not related to homosexuality, or heterosexuality.

"According to Dr. Fred Berlin, a Johns Hopkins University professor who founded the National Institute for the Study, Prevention and Treatment of Sexual Trauma in Baltimore, Md., pedophilia is a distinct sexual orientation marked by persistent, sometimes exclusive, attraction to prepubescent children."
http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article...
"95% of known Pedophiles are heterosexual and 50% have consumed alcohol to excess at the time of the incident."
http://www.crisisconnectioninc.org/sexualassa...
"Facts About Homosexuality and Child Molestation"
http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/html/fa...
"Gays are pedophiles? No. Here's the proof."
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/09/18/9031...

So, in addition to misstating what I did say, you also provided erroneous information in doing so.
Skombolis wrote:
Should all gay scout leaders now be considered tainted?
Yes or No?
No. You've misunderstood or misstated what I did say. I didn't say the problems within Christianity applied to all Christians, IE; The fact that misogyny is spoken of in the bible and evidenced by some Christian men in Christianity, does not mean all Christian men are misogynists. That, nevertheless, taints Christianity.

The Boy Scouts of America Organization(just like Christianity) is affected by those occurrences, and specifically espouses and requires belief in "God", which once again taints Christianity and theism.

"The Boy Scouts of America's official position is that atheists and agnostics cannot participate as Scouts or adult Scout Leaders in its traditional Scouting programs."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_Scouts_of_Am...
"The Boy Scouts of America maintains that no member can grow into the best kind of citizen without recognizing an obligation to God. In the first part of the Scout Oath or Promise the member declares,‘On my honor I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law.’ The recognition of God as the ruling and leading power in the universe and the grateful acknowledgment of His favors and blessings are necessary to the best type of citizenship and are wholesome precepts in the education of the growing members."
"The Boy Scouts of America (BSA), one of the largest private youth organizations in the United States, has policies which prohibit atheists, agnostics and "open or avowed" homosexuals from membership in its Scouting program."
Skombolis wrote:
I will be shocked if you answer this and explain why they should be considered tainted. After all, they are gay, they belong to the same group with a shared ideology.
*See above*
Skombolis wrote:
By your logic the situation is exactly comparable. So, same reaction?
No, that's your logic, and it's based upon a misstatement of what I did say, or you just didn't understand what I said.

So, I gave my reaction, and I'm sure it's not what you wanted, but it still supports my observations that the actions of a few members within Christianity, taints the whole of Christianity.

Just like the pedophila, child abuse, and abuse, seen in Catholic and Protestant churches, does.

If you'd police yourselves or confront those issues yourselves, you'd never have even gotten into this conversation with me or any other person.

Location hidden

#595730 Sep 26, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Death is the currency of Religion ... Islam Hinduism and Christianity---all religions that have nuclear warheads--will annihilate the whole world to prove who serve the Real God.
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Your religion cannot die soon enough.
Yeah, and it will.

Until then, we share the world with people who are members of death cults.

Fennario

#595731 Sep 26, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. submission is part of humility, obedience is different .. for some Christians, it seems obedience to certain scriptures overrides empathy, ethics, comprehension and morals .. why fight fire with fire when Jesus preached compassion? I'm not trying to censor you or anyone else - just trying to sort things out in my own mind. Isn't that the purpose of any debate ??.. it's easy for me to submit to the authority of your medical expertise and, ultimately, we must submit to each other because that's the basis for trust .. P.S. Do you think anyone here would submit to my scarf game. If so, who would have authority?
Submission to this church is not a virtue. It will make you a worse if you let it. Think about it: The best Christians we encounter here and in history are all strong minded and independent - people that wouldn't let themselves be absorbed into the hive or embrace its vicious swarm ethics.

Those that do become buzzing pests like about half of the Christians posting in this thread.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#595732 Sep 26, 2013
Larry wrote:
<quoted text>
My post beat yours by one minute. You didnt see that post before you responded or you would have reponded to that post. You responded to BT's post to me. You saw the opportunity and you took it. A chance to argue with someone. Its what YOU do Le Le not me. I have been avoiding conflict for weeks. I had plenty opportunity to get involved. I'd rather get along with people. Its just when the shit gets so deep I cant take it any more is when I respond in kind. This thread for years has proved that out.
You posted insults first though.
You are dishonest in trying to say you didn't.
Nothing new w you. I understand this.

My post to BT regarding your slanderous post towards him being a " murderer".
( who do ou think you are - God, Skombolis?)-
Is something I would have posted irregardless I'd you were also attacking my person at the same time
or not.
You are out of line- and you feel for some reason you are justified in making accusations like this towards BT and others.
You are without a doubt - a filthy topix christian.

You think apologies mean anything- come on man! Own up to your personal mental dis function.
"Sorry" doesnt cut it in the real world.. I never accept a "sorry".,
I expect much more from my children than you could ever hope to muster up.

You make me laugh.. You are pitiful.
Hateful and small. Yet so very pitiful..

Location hidden

#595733 Sep 26, 2013
scaritual wrote:
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, and it will.
Until then, we share the world with people who are members of death cults.
And unfortunately our children, and someday, grandchildren also share this
world w them.
The reason I will try my best to expose those who feel justified in hating in
the name of God.

Location hidden

#595734 Sep 26, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Talcohol to excess at the time of the incident."

So, in addition to misstating what I did say, you also provided erroneous information in doing so.
<quoted text>
No. You've misunderstood or misstated what I did say. I didn't say the problems within Christianity applied to all Christians, IE; The fact that misogyny is spoken of in the bible and evidenced by sosition is that atheists and agnostics cannot participate as Scouts or adult Scout Leaders in its traditional Scouting programs."
"The Boy Scouts of America maintains that no member can grow into the best kind of citizen without recognizing an obligation to God. In the first part of the Scout Oath or Promise the member declares,‘On my honor I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law.’ The recognition of God as the ruling and leading power in the universe and the grateful acknowledgment of His favors and blessings are necessary to the best type of citizenship and are wholesome precepts in the education of the growing members."
"The Boy Scouts of America (BSA), one of the largest private youth organizations in the United States, has policies which prohibit atheists, agnostics and "open or avowed" homosexuals from membership in its Scouting program."
<quoted text>*See above*
<quoted text>No, that's your logic, and it's based upon a misstatement of what I did say, or you just didn't understand what I said.
So, I gave my reaction, and I'm sure it's not what you wanted, but it still supports my observations that the actions of a few members within Christianity, taints the whole of Christianity.
Just like the pedophila, child abuse, and abuse, seen in Catholic and Protestant churches, does.
If you'd police yourselves or confront those issues yourselves, you'd never have even gotten into this conversation with me or any other person.
Who cares what the facts are?

You certainly don't

Who cares how likely it is that a gay will be a pedophile?

Where is your official data on how many other Christians feel the same way as they post you claim tainted them?

This was a masterful job of distraction

And where is the answer of are all Muslims tainted by 9-11?

You just forget to answer?

And police ourselves? We aren't a policing agency. No Christian has any legal authority over another Christian and can't control what a tiny, tiny, percentage do.

NO matter how much spin you want to put on it, it comes down to this:

"the actions of a few members within Christianity, taints the whole of Christianity."

THAT is stereotyping

How much denial can someone come up with to pretend otherwise?

I have more of a basis to say it is more likely a gay scout member will abuse a child because I have actually seen it happen more than once in real life.

Show me where the post in question has been replicated by another Christian. Then explain how it is connected to Christians that had nothing to do with it?

I'm not really asking because you will continue to play these games. There are only two possibilities here. You don't understand what stereotyping is. Or you aren't being honest

And considering I have asked you that Muslim question 3 times now without a direct answer from you, I'm leaning towards not honest

And I just bet the reason is at some point on Topix you have gotten on Christians for connecting all Mums to 9-11 and you know if you say the same your credibility is out the window

But maybe I am wrong and you stereotype all people of faith

Are all muslims tainted by 9-11?

Location hidden

#595735 Sep 26, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>

You are without a doubt - a filthy topix christian.

"Sorry" doesnt cut it in the real world.. I never accept a "sorry".,
Wow

Some trolls just give you a key-hole peek into their dark soul

And some just open the door completely

And since when is Larry a Christian?

You just trying that hard to endear yourself to the atheist/Anti-Christian crowd?

Location hidden

#595736 Sep 26, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you started stronglast night then stopped and picked back up now
Long blackout?
LOL
Sorry princess, gonna pass on all your posts. Same with Karl. Same with Ians
Gonna let you trolls start to feed off your own fat for a while
Start with your heads
~snicker
Thanks!
Just what I hoped for all along- to be able to post my thoughts without your ,sorry excuse
for a christian, commenting on my every post!
Lets see how long you can stay off my a*s.
K??

ps.. Time and RW responsibilities are lost on you.. Aren't they? lol.
Yer just that shallow.. Huh?

Location hidden

#595737 Sep 26, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
/pedophilia_and_molestation.ht m
"Facts About Homosexuality and Child Molestation"
/wiki/Boy_Scouts_of_America_me mbership_controversies
<quoted text>*See above*
<quoted text>No, that's your logic, and it's based upon a misstatement of what I did say, or you just didn't understand what I said.
I also never said gay men are more likely to be pedophiles

And I said nothing about a scout leader being atheist or agnostic

So how did you get off on two unrelated tangents?

This is about perception making stereotyping ok

So if people see a gay scout leader molest a kid and that's what they now connect in their mind to gay scout leaders, then all gay scout leaders are tainted by the actions of a few

That's how it works right?

There doesn't have to be an actual connection. They don't have to share the same views or proclivities or opinions or desires or morals or beliefs. They just have to belong to the same group so that common association will allow people to connect other things that aren't related

You see a Christian do something bad. Regardless if it has anything to do with actual Christian ideology or what other Christians actually think, you claim it taints all of them

So the same should be true for gay scout leaders that abuse kids. The only connection is the Boy Scouts. It doesn't matter that being gay and a pedophile may be two separate things and that it has nothing to do with Boy Scout ideology. Isn't matter that other gay scout leaders would never molest a child. They can be connected by a shared association therefore they are all tainted

Per your rationale

Location hidden

#595738 Sep 26, 2013
Larry wrote:
<quoted text>
good seeing you.......
Ians has addressed me as Larry, I'm sure HL has also. The only person I addressed that I thought might not know is BT the murderer.....But i dont give much of a shit about killers anyway so..........
But your right I was in no way trying to hide my identity......
Who cares what you are called-(I say let's rename you "Pig")
you are
slandering a fellow poster- with no regard to his person-
as a murderer!

Do you have proof of this outrageous accusation of yours?
Or are you simply full of sh*t?? Pigs love mud.. You do too. Huh ?

Location hidden

#595739 Sep 26, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>

Lets see how long you can stay off my a*s.
K??
I dunno

That's a pretty big ass

Although there will probably be at least a five guy buffer so odds are I won't have to make direct contact when trying to shimy slide by

~snicker

Location hidden

#595740 Sep 26, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow
Ahahahaha!
Wow is right!
Didn't take you long, at all , to go back on your word!!
Knew your word meant nothing anyways..
Thanks for proving your depth. Shallow for sure.

Location hidden

#595741 Sep 26, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I dunno
That's a pretty big ass
Although there will probably be at least a five guy buffer so odds are I won't have to make direct contact when trying to shimy slide by
~snicker
Personal insults.. Yay!

Good morning christian- have you slept yet?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Catcher1 100,169
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 38 min RiversideRedneck 980,115
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Liamm 670,273
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Pegasus 286,455
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study 3 hr coco 57
Ring Payments 4 hr annaleighanne 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 12 hr Peter Ross 445,651
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 15 hr WildWeirdWillie 184,287
More from around the web