Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#595621 Sep 25, 2013
Behold he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him and they also which pierced him and all kinderds of the earth shall wail because of him.

Location hidden

#595622 Sep 25, 2013
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending. saith the Lord, which is and which was and which is to come the almighty.

Location hidden

#595623 Sep 25, 2013
I John who also am your brother and companion in tribulation and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ was in the isle that is called Patmos for the word of God and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#595624 Sep 25, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Behold he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him and they also which pierced him and all kinderds of the earth shall wail because of him.
But I find the treatment is "same as it ever was".

Location hidden

#595625 Sep 25, 2013
I was in the spirit on the Lord's day and heard behind me a great voice as of a trumpet.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#595626 Sep 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
HFY
If you are going to say this:
"Perhaps a better analytical lens would examine the faith based reasoning behind why religious people were able to carry out such attack"
..is not pointing the finger at religion because you aren't including everything religious than it is going to be difficult to continue with that kind of hair-splitting.
Regardless, I'm not going to go back and forth on it.
You ended your post by saying this:
"Faith is divisive, damning.
So what's good about it? I've been asking that for a long time here. Can't get an answer from anyone, it seems."
What answer would satisfy you? Is there one? And why do you even think you deserve one?
Nationalism can be divisive, so can politics, so can sports, so can science, so can anything. Should we get rid of it all?
You don't see the value in religion. That is your right. 90% of the population does. We live in a free country. We are free to pursue our own interests. Nobody needs to justify why they belong to a religion
If the people actually in the religion tell you that faith has enhanced their lives, brought them comfort and peace, and to them represents a truth greater than anything to do with man and means a great deal to them, isn't that enough?
If it isn't, then there isn't much else than can be said. You will continue be against it and the people in it will continue to be for it.
And life will go on for another day
But how much of your life do you want to spend focusing on how others are living theirs?
That's only something you can answer
It's important "hair splitting." If you can't see that, let's not bother discussing it.

Location hidden

#595627 Sep 25, 2013
Saying I am Alpha and Omega the first and the last and What thou seest write in a book and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus and unto Smyrna and unto Pergamos and unto Thyatira and unto Sardis and unto Philadelphia and unto Laodicea.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#595628 Sep 25, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
How is it that I'm stereotyping, again?
When you claimed a post someone made on Topix giving their personal opinion tainted Christianity

When you claimed RR being racist reflects on Christianity even though his views on race have nothing to do with his faith

Location hidden

#595629 Sep 25, 2013
And I turned to see the voice that spake with me and being turned I saw seven golden candlesticks

And in the mist of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man clothed with garment down to the foot and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

His head and his hairs were white like wool as white as snow and his eyes were as a flame of fire.

And his feet like unto fine brass as if they burned in a furnace and his voice as the sound of many waters.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#595630 Sep 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
You ended your post by saying this:
"Faith is divisive, damning.
So what's good about it? I've been asking that for a long time here. Can't get an answer from anyone, it seems."
What answer would satisfy you? Is there one? And why do you even think you deserve one?
You could just be honest and reply that you can't answer the question.

I mean, all you did was switch topics rather than address my question about faith.
Nationalism can be divisive, so can politics, so can sports, so can science, so can anything. Should we get rid of it all?
Again, a non answer.

Science is not divisive. I can't imagine you wrote that. Politics is meant to be divisive - for constructive reasons. Religion is divisive for destructive us/them reasons.

Why on earth would you include sports in the above?
You don't see the value in religion.
You are making blanket statements about me that are BS. Why do you need to mischaracterize - and therefore demonize - me thus?

And all so that you can refuse to answer a simple question: what is good about faith?

You go on with nonanswers and argument fallacies here:
That is your right. 90% of the population does. We live in a free country. We are free to pursue our own interests. Nobody needs to justify why they belong to a religion
I never asked "how do you justify belonging to a religion?"

Is the sum total of your argument made up of misdirection, mischaracterization and argument fallacy?

Nevermind, Skom. If you're afraid to enter in honest discussion, it's not worth bothering.

Anyways, you're just one more religious person who is unable to discuss the positives of faith. Why am I, the atheist, the only one who tries to do this?

I'm the only one here who has actually tried to defend faith as a positive. You faith based thinkers are all too scared to, I guess. Not sure why.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#595631 Sep 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Yes I know you will say I chose to be a Christian and you didn't choose to be an American.
You didn't choose to be a Christian. You were born in a Christian culture and raised Christian. No choice, your brain developed as a Christian and it's the only way you can experience the world around you.

Atheists, however, choose to leave that - in essence, choosing to reconfigure their brain, to experience reality differently.

Location hidden

#595632 Sep 25, 2013
And he had in his right hand seven stars; and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#595633 Sep 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis is metaphorical and the story of the garden is to illustrate the consequence of disobedience and the greed of man to want more when he already has everything he needs
Tell you what, you don't try to teach me about what you think I believe when I know so and I will do the same
Deal?
you claim to be a christian, your beliefs are defined, and not by you. else you are not a christian.

Do you notice that none of the other christian rebuke your behaviour. In fact a couple of the very damaged actually show active support. That means the morality of the christian ethos may be measured by your posts.

Want an analysis?

Location hidden

#595634 Sep 25, 2013
And when I saw him I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me saying unto me Fear not I am the first and the last.

I am he that liveth and was dead; and behold I am alive for evermore, Amen and have the keys of hell and death.

Write the things which thou hast seen and the things which are and the things which shall be hereafter.
TheRedneck

Lake Forest, CA

#595635 Sep 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You are jumping to all sorts of conclusions
I never said Jesus died for a metaphor
The sins of mankind that He died for were quite real
And I have never heard anybody say it is a little bit of both
And what contradiction are u talking about?
You know what, it doesn't matter. Its not important to me that you understand my personal beliefs. If it is important to you, well I guess that is your issue to work out. If it isn't, then this conversation has reached its logical conclusion
It's me, man.

I see I ain't missing nuttin...

Get away for a time, you'll see.

I'm goin horseback ridin mañana.

Have fun, my friend.

Location hidden

#595636 Sep 25, 2013
The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven church and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

Location hidden

#595637 Sep 25, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's hilarious, that in this day and age where information is so readily available, there are people who still think that alcoholic pedophiles can 'absolve' anyone from imaginary 'sins'.
It makes no difference to me what someone believes or doesn't believe but your positions simply are not credible on their face. You defended Christianity just as fervently a few months ago and once even said you pretended to become an unbeliever. And this latest metamorphosis from what I gather is a direct result of something that happened on FB

I somewhat struggled as to whether I should even write this. It has to be indicative of a larger issue and in real life I don't wish that on hardly anyone. But at the same time you are intentionally throwing more wood into the fire when playing this game so it seems fair to address why

It seems to me that the driving force behind your actions is spite towards whoever you are really mad at. And I am trying to figure out you made the jump from that to all of Christianity?

I'm guessing whoever you are mad at spends approximately 0 seconds a day worrying about what you are up to. Yet to get back at them you have reinvented your entire Topix identity and now spend all this time going around bashing Christianity to bother someone who doesn't even know or care you are doing it?

And in deciding to do this you have also chosen to attack people have never been anything but nice to you. I don't know if that makes sense to you but it doesn't to me.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#595638 Sep 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
First, I would say it is intellectually disingenuous to make such a claim.....
My statement,"I do not think it is stereotyping to say that many Christians are liars and hate mongers." Is quite factual.

What makes that fact repugnant is that said liars and hate mongers claim Jesus and God tell them it OK to lie and hate.

Previously you asked how my stance is difference from racism.
Here it is:

It is a fact that blacks are disproportionately represented in the US penal system.
I have never heard a single black person claim that it is their God given right to be criminals nor that their criminal activities are an expression of their race's "Ultimate Truth". Afore mentioned Christians do.

Location hidden

#595639 Sep 25, 2013
TheRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's me, man.
I see I ain't missing nuttin...
Get away for a time, you'll see.
I'm goin horseback ridin mañana.
Have fun, my friend.
Good to see ya RR

I was wondering if you were around

I actually took a peek into PTIAG yesterday to say HI if you were there but you weren't so I didn't post

Yeah you are not missing anything

Have a good time tomorrow. Sounds like fun

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#595640 Sep 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>It makes no difference to me what someone believes or doesn't believe but your positions simply are not credible on their face. You defended Christianity just as fervently a few months ago and once even said you pretended to become an unbeliever. And this latest metamorphosis from what I gather is a direct result of something that happened on FB

I somewhat struggled as to whether I should even write this. It has to be indicative of a larger issue and in real life I don't wish that on hardly anyone. But at the same time you are intentionally throwing more wood into the fire when playing this game so it seems fair to address why

It seems to me that the driving force behind your actions is spite towards whoever you are really mad at. And I am trying to figure out you made the jump from that to all of Christianity?

I'm guessing whoever you are mad at spends approximately 0 seconds a day worrying about what you are up to. Yet to get back at them you have reinvented your entire Topix identity and now spend all this time going around bashing Christianity to bother someone who doesn't even know or care you are doing it?

And in deciding to do this you have also chosen to attack people have never been anything but nice to you. I don't know if that makes sense to you but it doesn't to me.
Mad?

Nah, no point staying mad for having believed a lie.

It happens.

The Catholic Church has never been nice to me. The 'priests' represent that church.

Your projection is showing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Hidingfromyou 853,821
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min Tony17 595,909
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 28 min DebraE 100,727
The Christian Atheist debate 44 min Lbj 771
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 51 min andet1987 6,114
Homosexuals are the REAL reason God DESTROYED S... 57 min Burke Devlin 80
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr Halle Berry Sister 2,630
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Burke Devlin 444,119
More from around the web