|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
You made an ass out of yourself with that quiz ...
I made an ass out of you, and I'm about to do it again.

You were vaunting your excellent knowledge of the bible, but you couldn't answer even a single question correctly. Let's look again at questions with the correct answers as well as your answers:

=== The questions and answer key ===

[1] What were Jesus' very last words on the cross?

There are contradictory answers.

John (19:30) says that Jesus' final utterance was,“It is finished.” With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit." - John. Luke (23:46) says it was,“Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.” When he had said this, he breathed his last."

[2] Is man saved by faith or works?

Both.

In one part, the bible says that man is saved by faith, not works ("For by grace are ye saved through faith... not of works." - Ephesians 2:8-9) and in another, the exact opposite ("Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only." - James 2:24)

[3] Can men be righteous?

Yes and no

According to Genesis 7:1,,Job 2:3, and James 5:16, Man can be righteous, whereas according to (Romans 3:10, man cannot be righteous

[4] Have men seen God?

Yes and no.

Men have seen God ("So Jacob called the place Peniel, saying, "It is because I saw God face to face, and yet my life was spared." - Genesis 32:30), and also, no man has seen God ("No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known." - John 1:18)

[5] Is every word from God true?

Yes and no.

According to Proverbs 30:5, every word of god is true, while we are told that God deceives prophets at 1 Kings 22:23, and the wicked at 2 Thess. 2:11-12). So, you have your choice again.

[6] Does God grow tired or weary?

That depends.

God is tired and rests ("on the seventh day he abstained from work and rested" - Exodus 31:17), yet God is never tired and never rests ("The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary" - Isaiah 40:28). Go figure!

[7] What was Jesus reply when the Sanhedrin asked if he was Messiah?

That also depends.

According to Mark (14:62), when asked if he was the messiah, Jesus to the Sanhedrin "I am." According to Matthew (26:64), it was, "You have said so." And according to Luke (22:67-8), it was "If I tell you, you will not believe." So take your pick.

=== your answers ===

1) Acts 1-8 about waiting for the Holy Spirit. Don't have time to post whole verse
2) James 2:24-28.
3) Yes but only by doing the Lord's will. You probably don't understand the verse that says no man is righteous is talking about why every man must become a believer. After he is righteous under God
4) Not his face in real life. Only in visions which is all man's mind could handle is his own perception
5) Yes
6) Not in the physical sense
7) He said if He told him that the man wouldn't believe him. But in Matthew he talks about his return and how any but him would be false Christs

Now you tell me which one you got right.
Skombolis wrote:
You can keep asking. The answer will remain the same.
Yes, I know. I am content with that.

Ready for the second quiz? Ready to show off your biblical mastery again?

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>What an individual does reflects on the individual
Period
And it would be beyond hubris to think my actions reflect on Jesus
What is the difference between your answer and how people justify racism?
a philosophy is a choice.

The philosophy of christianity is said to be contained in the bible, all can read for themselves.

It is not bigotry to disagree with evil.

Not all of those who follow an evil path, are evil people, it remains however that the path is evil.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Edit G
Consider your issues lately about racism
So if I see someone black do something bad, I can claim it taints black people in general?
And if not, what possible difference is there?
Both cases would be taking the actions of one person and applying them to hundreds of millions of people
I am going to keep pointing out these "ethics" by so-called secular humanists in here. And while its not personal with you friend, if you are going to defend it I want to know how
(T) Peace
no one has a choice of skin color, nor does skin color teach behaviour.

philosophy is an adopted choice. you are not obligated (like skin color) to adopt an evil philosophy. You could choose to be a decent person.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. When one joins a group one represents that group and the group is affected by anything the individual does. By Chrisitnity refusing to disown anyone, they are accepting and supporting those individuals. Just like Washington supports political corruption.
IMHO Those who claim to be Christians and do not attempt to follow His teachings are virtually spitting on Jesus.
They are IMHO traitors to that to which they pledged their lives and souls.
Yeah.

It's the same in the military. The actions of one affects the entire platoon, unit, etc... Those actions of the few directly speak to the whole.

And so it is with any organization, company, government and so forth.

It's often said right here on this thread by Christians that this is a Christian country. It's said when someone not Christian states Christianity is in decline that we're ridiculous, and that Christianity grows. It's said that no matter the belief set, sect denomination or way of belief, Christianity is united.

They'll point to the positive actions of one Christian or a few, and say something similar to:

"See?.. that is a Christian, look at what Christians do, that is Christianity!"

Until it comes time to accept that some members of Christianity do things or exhibit behavior that Christianity should rightly be ashamed of, and exhibits some very bad effects that Christianity does produce, then it'll be said:

"OH!.. NO!... Those are individuals, when they do that, it's the individual doing that, and that group isn't representative of all Christians!"

And that brings me back to a often mentioned observation I point out...

That's the "beauty" of the "No True Christian™" fallacy.

Only people who do nothing wrong at all are called Christian — by Christians — and those who do wrong are not Christian, no matter if the person who does something illegal, wrong or less than exemplary says they are a Christian.

It's a disingenuous claim by "Christians" who utilize the fallacy(obviously), and very convenient. When a Christian does something that casts a bad light on Christianity, they just say those people who presented a negative view of Christianity aren't real Christians and the problem is solved, no?

It's good people are standing up and pointing out these flaws in Christianity and exposing that type of "No True Christian™" thinking as disingenuous and fallacious.

The - "No True Christian™" - fallacy points to there being far less Christians in the nation than statistics say there are, meaning the US isn't a "Christian Country", if we allow Christians to make the "No true Christian", assertion, nor has it ever been. <(chuckle)>

We know that is protested, however, by all Christians, true Christians or not, and suddenly every Christian a Christian could get to say they are a Christian would indeed be a Christian...~/.

This is the rule: The only "Real Christian™" is the one you happen to be talking to at the moment, and they'll tell you who isn't, a "Real Christian™".

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Skombolis wrote:
If an American commits a crime, does it taint all Americans?
After all, we all belong to a society that is governed by laws which are in large part a reflection of our morality
So if an individual fails to live up to what is expected of him, which is to follow the laws of the land, does that taint America and its citizens? Or is it simply an example of an individual acting of his own accord where he is the only person his actions reflect on?
The USA government incarcerates and fines chriminals instead of patting them on the back and telling them to continue to commit crimes.
Much different than Christianity.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
I will step up just once more here. I tried to reach out to you on the friends thread and you never extended a reply. You did however extrend a reply to another poster. You always addressed me as lil whiskers not lil whispers. I took that as a poke from you. When I see this in posters I tend to just leave them alone as know they decided what they want. I could have accepted you just as you were but you did not want that by not only your actions but your words.
I can inspite of all of this wish you the best life has to offer whether you stay or move one.
.. my apology Lil. I've not visited that thread for some time because of time constraints. This was the only forum I visited yesterday. Please do not take it personal, I did not mean to offend you ..

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Does anyone reading along need me to respond to this?
I'm trying not to be mean, but...
.. and, Spock wept ..

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Shit Scar...My entire existence here has been an existance of "staying up too late". LOL! But "he I is!" anaways...
It ended up dropping buckets of rain here today.

You poor bastards are stuck with me this day, it seems.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>If you really want to know the answer and not just look to point the finger at religion you will research and discover Al Queda is a political movement disguised as a religious one. But that is not the message they teach the grunts.....
What makes AlQueda reflect on Islam is that the rest of Islam does not denounce them and their actions.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah.
It's the same in the military. The actions of one affects the entire platoon, unit, etc... Those actions of the few directly speak to the whole.
And so it is with any organization, company, government and so forth.
It's often said right here on this thread by Christians that this is a Christian country. It's said when someone not Christian states Christianity is in decline that we're ridiculous, and that Christianity grows. It's said that no matter the belief set, sect denomination or way of belief, Christianity is united.
They'll point to the positive actions of one Christian or a few, and say something similar to:
"See?.. that is a Christian, look at what Christians do, that is Christianity!"
Until it comes time to accept that some members of Christianity do things or exhibit behavior that Christianity should rightly be ashamed of, and exhibits some very bad effects that Christianity does produce, then it'll be said:
"OH!.. NO!... Those are individuals, when they do that, it's the individual doing that, and that group isn't representative of all Christians!"
And that brings me back to a often mentioned observation I point out...
That's the "beauty" of the "No True Christian™" fallacy.
Only people who do nothing wrong at all are called Christian — by Christians — and those who do wrong are not Christian, no matter if the person who does something illegal, wrong or less than exemplary says they are a Christian.
It's a disingenuous claim by "Christians" who utilize the fallacy(obviously), and very convenient. When a Christian does something that casts a bad light on Christianity, they just say those people who presented a negative view of Christianity aren't real Christians and the problem is solved, no?
It's good people are standing up and pointing out these flaws in Christianity and exposing that type of "No True Christian™" thinking as disingenuous and fallacious.
The - "No True Christian™" - fallacy points to there being far less Christians in the nation than statistics say there are, meaning the US isn't a "Christian Country", if we allow Christians to make the "No true Christian", assertion, nor has it ever been. <(chuckle)>
We know that is protested, however, by all Christians, true Christians or not, and suddenly every Christian a Christian could get to say they are a Christian would indeed be a Christian...~/.
This is the rule: The only "Real Christian™" is the one you happen to be talking to at the moment, and they'll tell you who isn't, a "Real Christian™".
Absolutely!

Thanks!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
No one will defend Christianity or Jesus to you ...
That's obviously incorrect. You and Skombolis will. And you'll do it with personal smears. You'll do it by trying to minimize me
trifecta1 wrote:
... because no one cares what you think about Christianity or Jesus.
Just like that.

Dr. Shrink is a person who is not taken seriously and about whose opinions nobody cares. As a result, nobody tantrums at him.

But you post endlessly about how insignificant my opinions are, and what a bad person I am. You apparently think you need to establish that message, whatever the effort required.
trifecta1 wrote:
You will fade away, not Christianity.
trifecta1 wrote:
You're already as irrelevant as dog poo.
trifecta1 wrote:
Go fight. That's all you're worth now.
More tantruming in defense of your pathetic godlet. It quite a scene, man.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Another coward for Jesus.
How about it, Simp? Care to try your hand at the four questions I just re-asked, or would you prefer to tuck tail and run off, too, me buck buck buck bucko.
Did you just hear the rooster crow? Don't you believe that your god is watching you? What will you do?
Just kidding. We all know what you'll do.

Care to try your hand at the four questions I just re-asked
???

I'm sorry, someone must have lied to you. Did they tell you Trifecta1 was on the billboard to >>help you<< with Religion in some form?

They were Just Kidding, I assure you.

LOL.

When it comes to you--the only questions I really want answered is:

When will you die?

What kind of eternal punishment YHWH will give you for dying and rejecting Yeshua Messiah.

How can Christianity benefit from your death?

How many souls can come to Christ because of your death?

How about them questions? Think you can answer? I no think so.

You want to come here and fight to the death going after Christianity---you can't win the fight. So my only question is how my religion can benefit after you have loss this fight and are Dead.

Go ask Jesus you questions.

To me the only way Jesus can benefit from your existence now--is to use your futile fantastical existence on this billboard and you real offline death to save one or two of these other fake atheists on here after they see how your war on Christianity kill you.

Carry on writer.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
if you did not care,
you would post less hate
all is fair in love and war :)

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
Weeeeeee.......Are we having Fun yet?????
B_Y_E
~~grin~~ I am.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Well hell son...how can I complain... I own the BAR!
<snort>

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. are you referring to logic and dignified debate? If so, you're chasing Dorothy's rainbow because Trifecta, Skom and Dr. Shrink are morally, spirituality and intellectually bankrupt ..
I don't debate them. I editorialize on them in the second person. I have nothing to say to any of them.

But I do get plenty of opportunity read and write reasoned and information packed posts.
Happy Lesbo wrote:
you cannot control what they write, their intellectual dishonesty or who they decide to confront ..
Yes, I know. Neither can they. They really are incapable of more.
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. because Annie agreed with me, she suffered the "Wrath of Skom."
That's his character. He gives lip service to love and peaceful coexistence, but we see otherwise, don't we?

Why? It's what his faith has actually taught him. It's also the character of his religion, where those that disagree - unbelievers - are called corrupt, vile, abominable, godless vessels in the service of evil, not one of which does any good, and fit to be burned alive forever as the moral equivalent of murderers and whoremongers.
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Decent Christians on this thread do not hunger for such treatment so, basically, they've surrendered this thread to the idiocy of the Big 3 ..
.. Tide, Scar, Catcher and a few others could help you in your quest but if the Big 3 are unwilling to education themselves, to act civilly, it's a futile exercise ..
.. if everyone ignores the Big 3, perhaps we can experience civil debate with folks like Epi, BT, Annie, Ben or Lil Whispers ..
.. when it comes to the sacred religions of the ancients, few people realize how much knowledge BT, Ben and myself have. They never ask because they're not interested in how Christianity evolved from earlier religious systems and they'll will never read a book like SECRET TEACHINGS OF ALL AGES by Manley Hall ..
.. I know you are a physician, that Catcher is a Harvard Law School graduate and that HFY is studying for her Ph.d. The Big 3 want to believe they're better than you because they have Jesus ..
.. from Day 1, Christians in this forum have pegged me as an atheist. You, Catcher and HFY know they're wrong yet you supported me because of your high moral code and ability to allow me to find my own spiritual system ..
.. in order to accomplish our goal, the Big 3 must be ignored ..
.. Catcher has asked me to try one last time but if the character assassinations, lies and contemptible psychological profiling continues, I'm out of here ..
None of that will stop. And they want you out of here. That's the purpose of the assaults.

It sounds like you're asking me to ignore them, too. How would that help you? You're free to ignore them either way. If all three disappeared, you would still have all of the posts not written from or to them. If you look at those only, it will be as if they were gone.

I already disregard most of their posting. I generally only respond when I get the chance to emphasize one of their character flaws - lying, hypocrisy, bigotry, lack of insight, tantruming, cowardice - whatever.

Sorry that I can't be more compliant for you, but I don't think that it would be helpful even if I were.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
<Buckets of Rain>

Had way too much rain out here, Ground was like walking on wet sponge, did not have web feet lol so I blew on the clouds and sent it your way. lol It is what called sharing ha ha ha.
Trucker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes AlQueda reflect on Islam is that the rest of Islam does not denounce them and their actions.
A few do. And they pay quite a price for doing so. I head a Muslim speak to this some time back and many others do all they can to assignate your character. And of course if you dare do it in many other nations it could be a death sentence.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
It's Christians like you that taint the rest of Christianity.
Yeah, it's the 97% that give the other 3% a bad name.

“You have blue shoes”

Since: Mar 11

Please change them

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to see you, Hiding.
Yarrrgraa, yahhhrrr, Yowie!
You too, you tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooo.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

637 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min scaritual 721,827
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min confrinting with the word 533,185
Nine Eleven 19 min passing by 37
not happy 24 min andet1987 2
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 26 min passing by 256,798
Gleep 31 min andet1987 55
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 33 min Buck Crick 224,463
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 1 hr SimmerExtreme 85
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr EXPERT 115,435
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••