Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#595330 Sep 25, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>you mean the religious indoctrination that something made out of nothing invented gases that exploded into rocks which became planets and somehow these rocks made themselves alive and rocks became rats that crawled out of poo and that how people came to exist? that religious indoctrination? I agree with you.
I advocate teaching children a more plausible teaching. A higher power named God made the human being. But that's just me :)
the indoctrination of a minor child into a hate cult needs be sanctioned by Law

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#595331 Sep 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Skom. it is not based in concern with you personally. It is based in anyone who would have the audacity to personally threaten me. I have been on that razor many times, and as you see, I am still here. I have no fear...been there done that... Yes...I was speaking of any one on one confrontation...and I will gladly welcome any challengers. I guess you may have given me the opportunity to make it available ...I may be "old", but I am still quite "deadly".
Anyone who wishes to try me is more than welcome...just PM me.
That young "friend" sure has you on edge BT.....

I believe you and I are around the same age....Peace Man....Here is a virtual Hug for you....>>>H_U_G< <<

Hope you enjoy your free time...what projects do you have planned?

Location hidden

#595332 Sep 25, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
I totally understand why I oppose any attempted explanation from anyone as to where this universe or people came from apart from God created. I can lay out whatever attempts science has made in front of anyone and show why credible neutral scientists and scientific research reject any explanation of random or chance existence. I use to admire Buddhism, a atheistic religion and I look and inspect closely keenly a claim of "No God" and Science rejects that. It just a waste of time showing you because it's by Faith you deny the existence of God, not Science <quoted text>It's no different this your BS. The Status Quo is "God Exist". When a child grows up they can look at all scientific evidence and religions and decide for themselves if they want to accept or reject the existence of God. Many ex-Christians on topix did that. They were raised Thiest and now as an adult they don't believe any God exist. I have no problem with that.
But the default position in life is "God Exist". If after a child grows up they want to reject that either as a teenager or an adult--I no have no problem with that. Each person make that decision for themselves.
when you get angry your "accent" completely disappears. so funny.

Do you really think anyone cares what opinion you express on "this billboard"?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#595333 Sep 25, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Invention ruled out flat earth.
There is nothing invented that can rule out God.
Your god is easily ruled out. It is logically impossible. And you should be glad for that. Our universe is a better one for not having a god that creates demons and torture pits.

You are a fool and a coward to praise and worship such a monstrous idea.

Location hidden

#595334 Sep 25, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Invention ruled out flat earth.
There is nothing invented that can rule out God.
you speak only for yourself, even then, you are probably wrong.

Location hidden

#595335 Sep 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text> It just depends on the mindset and goal of the person entering a debate.
People go into debates believing they are correct and with the desire to win the debate. That is just human nature. Although they also may want to succeed because they believe in will be beneficial to the person they are debating, to those observing, or both.
But people believe they are right, either factually or morally. And there is a difference between believing one is right and needing to be right.
Someone who believes they are right do so because its important to them that their facts and/or beliefs are the truth. And while pride always plays a role to done degree, at the end of the day if someone can show them otherwise or teach them things they didn't know they will accept it. They do so because the truth is more important than being personally right. A person should not put pride about truth.
But those that need to be right because they have already shown they believe themselves to be superior care more about maintaining their image than actually learning anything or the truth.
Those that need to be right because it is part of an over idea will never hear a word the other person says. If someone says Christianity is evil and they are morally superior to Christians, then they can not allow themselves to concede anything that might dispel that notion.
If someone just wants the truth then it doesn't go past whatever the specific issue is being debated. If just needing to be right is the goal, the subject bring debated is almost inconsequential. They simply are using it in furtherance of another agenda.
That's why some people on certain "sides" wouldn't concede water is a liquid if the person the are debating is on the other "side". And they go into the 'debate' believing the other person could never show teach them anything and with the mind-set to reject everything no matter what.
Most of what goes on in Topix are not real debates IMO. They are simply pretenses and exercising in pride, ego, and agenda
Like I said, everybody wants to be right. But there are some that need to be and for that reason, in their mind, they always will be.
I would like to see more of the debates you talked about. But alas, this is Topix
(T) Peace
do you not see --- that you have characterized yourself.
You offer character assassination rather than debate.
At that, your character attacks are upon strawmen that you first speculate into existence. Such behaviour discredits all that you say except to those who are damaged.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#595336 Sep 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Right
We are ambassadors for his message
Our actions do not reflect on Him
Our failures are our own
And they don't reflect on hundreds of millions of people whom we have never net nor they us
If someone acts poorly they make their own portrayal of their faith look bad. Nobody else's nor the faith itself.
It may be human nature to make others guilty by association. That some will choose to decide it is a reflection of a whole is a reality. Just as racism or bigotry is a reality. But it doesn't change the fact that the only person whose actions are representative of us the individual
What if a black community leader does something bad? Is it fair to say he has made all black community leaders look bad? That he has made his black community look bad? Does a politician who is literally called a representative make all his constituents look bad when he does something wrong even though they had no foreknowledge of his actions and many may not approve?
Whether it is race, religion, government, etc the rules don't change. We all answer for our own actions. And nobody else does.
I disagree. When one joins a group one represents that group and the group is affected by anything the individual does. By Chrisitnity refusing to disown anyone, they are accepting and supporting those individuals. Just like Washington supports political corruption.

IMHO Those who claim to be Christians and do not attempt to follow His teachings are virtually spitting on Jesus.

They are IMHO traitors to that to which they pledged their lives and souls.

Location hidden

#595337 Sep 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You can keep asking. The answer will remain the same. For someone who claims Christians should be restricted to their houses and churches when it comes to taking about their faith, you regularly demonstrate what a fraud you really are as you try to badger Christians into talking about their faith in public
You are correct not to disclose your beliefs, that is the best way you can protect them.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#595338 Sep 25, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, but I'm not really looking to any religion for moral counsel. That will come from secular sources employing secular processes, and from reflection.
I'm challenging the Christians who claim that their religion is a moral beacon, especially those claiming that it is the best or only authentic moral source.
Oh..it's really not "religion"...You may be completely surprised at what you find there...and it is over 4200 years old ta boot....the Egyptians had a court system that may have been even better than ours today...even at that time...now, tell me we have "progressed"...I think not.
I will leave it to you to figure out why we have regressed from that point in time if you should decide to investigate what I have posited.

If you do, let me know what your thoughts are.

If you wish to investigate, I have all the reference you need. It is NOT easy to find...but I have it...at least most(or a lot) of it anyway...and I will give you the most relevant pieces and timelines that are available (from my personal knowledge or holdings).
Always remember-Knowledge is power.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#595339 Sep 25, 2013
Weeeeeee.......Are we having Fun yet?????

B_Y_E

Fennario

#595340 Sep 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
You were asked to give it a rest once in a while after 250 plus days of coming in here and bashing the faith repeatedly.
You don't define the limits of the debate. Your religion is garbage and needs criticism.
Skombolis wrote:
All that was required for peace was for you to do something different after 9 months of constant negativity and insults
All that was required was for me to accede to your demands, demands that you have no right to make. Sorry, but it's not your thread.

As for nine months, you have been throwing this tantrum from the start. You don't like my valid criticisms of your church, and have never offered any better rebuttal to them than verbal feces. Do you think that that is a rebuttal to my claim that we'd be better off without your church?
Skombolis wrote:
People shouldn't have to be subjected to your opinion about there faith a dozen times a day for 9 months.
That's not your call.

You made some claiming about peaceful coexistence earlier, and I called you on it - "Your church has demonized and marginalized unbelievers for as long as it has been able to do so" - which opinion you also didn't like, and which set off another stomping and feces throwing tantrum. You made my point then, and you make it again now. Your church teaches intolerance, and you are its embodiment.

If you can't rebut the claims, it's probably because they are valid.

This is what I do here: I pull back the curtain and expose your church for what it is. Of course you don't like it. It reflects badly on something you hold sacred. But that is of no concern to me, even if you think it should be.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Love much, trust none”

There

#595341 Sep 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Thats not relevant
It isn't even applicable under any circumstances unless someone can point to an official teaching they know for a fact someone follows and interprets the same way in that group.
But in any event that's not relevant here because the judgment being passed on all members of a group is based on the actions of one person, not the group ideology
If a mailman molests a child, should that taint all mailmen? After all, they chose to be mailmen. So does that mean they now are culpable for what any mailman does the world over are are individuals still just responsible for their own actions
If half of all people calling themselves Chrisitans do not follow a single teaching of Jesus, lie about the Bible, slander non-believers and espouse hatred towards groups of people that doesn't reflect on Christinity and Jesus ?

Sorry Skom, I think you are trying to wash the dirt of the hands of Christianity. Christians are Christiainiy's worst enemy. playing the "individual acts" card won;t change that fact.

Location hidden

#595342 Sep 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Its people line you that taint the reputations of anybody who has a name that begins with the letter "S"
Oh I'm sorry, was that a ludicrous assertion and specious reasoning?
Bigotry and stereotyping depend on this kind of flawed thinking
Looks like you got the hang of it though
are you an example of a "good christian"

are your posts here an example of "christian morality" in action?

Fennario

#595343 Sep 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
I would like to see anyone who abuses children in prison
And I'd like you to see them.

I'll bet they'd love to see you, too, Miss Prissy Pants.

Fennario

#595344 Sep 25, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
You get dumped on more than you give out
Yes, I know, Christian. You sound proud.

Nevertheless, according to you, I'm the fighter.
trifecta1 wrote:
fight! lol. These writing can't mask that all you want to do on here is fight
More insight-free posting from the Simp.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#595345 Sep 25, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
That young "friend" sure has you on edge BT.....
I believe you and I are around the same age....Peace Man....Here is a virtual Hug for you....>>>H_U_G< <<
Hope you enjoy your free time...what projects do you have planned?
I know Epi, I know...Hugs back to you! You prolly can't even imagine what I have planned for the next 6-9 months. I plan to do things that the norm says is absolutely impossible. BUT...they are absolutely wrong! Most of it I have already done in theory and practically...I simply need to convince myself that it is all correct now...and repetition is the answer to success. Oh..I really have no "free" time
Mental process works 24 hours a day--like it or not...there is no rest for the weary...til it's all solved. Then ya can party! Topix is my "break" from mental stress and the work...so thank you all...

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#595346 Sep 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Yarf, yarpo, Yaaarf!
Good to see you, Hiding.

Yarrrgraa, yahhhrrr, Yowie!

“Love much, trust none”

There

#595347 Sep 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>...If a mailman molests a child, should that taint all mailmen?...
If 25% of all mailmen molest children and claim that it is the policy of the post office and the post office doesn't say otherwise. Yes. It does.

Location hidden

#595348 Sep 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Sure I do
What's to reason any way?
You claimed the actions of one person taints hundreds of millions of people
I didn't even bother to see what your complaint was over. I was skimming your post and your bigotry stuck out like a sore thumb
Why don't you explain how the actions of one person taints Christianity?
I love hearing bigots rationalize
christianity is a failed moral system.

When someone claims to be a christian, and behaves poorly, that reflects very little upon the system, what is significant is when others who claim the system is moral, fail to critique the bad behaviour, that condemns the system.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#595349 Sep 25, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Harry Truman was the flood god?
God was an amateur. It took him 40 days to wipe out a few thousand hunter gatherers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Robert F 568,295
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 min Esther12 120,742
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min sweets2360 795,629
Home Remedies for Constipation - Top 12 Users R... (Aug '07) 9 min Esther12 25
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 38 min Pegasus 267,467
Harver Health Insurance Counter Fraud Group opt... 1 hr sibyllaagathe 4
Is Wicca a religion or an Occult? 1 hr Stuart Cudahy 21
Scientific proof for God's existence 4 hr BenAdam 589
More from around the web