|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am going to real "blatant" here...I don't give a fly'n fuk when I have a subject engulfed with my blade upon their throat about to send them to meet their prospective maker. It's not "personal"(never has been)..it is a provision of circumstance...and that is all it is....their own "stupid arrogance" is what has brought on their demise in such a circumstance. How can one blame me for that...should I allow them the opportunity to kill me in the balance...I think NOT! Until you have been in my place, you have no place making judgement on my behalf. So be it!
Im not exactly sure what we are talking about here BT

I think you may have misread my post

Or I simply am not seeing the connection you are making

My post was about not judging a group of people based on the actions of one member of the group acting on his personal feelings and not a shared group ideology.

What exactly are the specifics of the scenario you described and how are you applying that to the point I was making about not stereotyping? It sounds like you are talking about a very specific one on one confrontation in battle. I would agree anything besides addressing the immediate threat would be irrelevant. I'm just not sure how these posts are connected

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
No. It won't be understood by that person.
Listen to this instead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Harry Truman gave the order to kill more civilians in a shorter period of time than anyone before or since.
Truman is the most efficient mass murderer in human history.
Harry Truman was the flood god?

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I never listed a site Steve...not sure you know which ones that I read from. I don't recall which ones they were so thank you for letting me know that.
Actually I read from more than just one...I don't recall any ads but I don't know...maybe there was one. I actually thought that one of them was just someones blog...maybe you can tell me if I remember that correctly.
I have no reason to promote where anyone lives...I could care less. I myself would probably not choose Mexico...I have thought about Nicaragua however...in the end...I actually prefer my own country.
I won't be drug in to your fight with IANS...nor with LeLe...I will however post what I choose to...even if it is not in agreement with your thoughts.
There was nothing derogatory in that post...I didn't go looking for anything to discredit anyone else...I was just curious about the living conditions there. Since my grand-childrens father is from Mexico...I have a vested interest.
If you would like to post the links that I looked at go ahead...I myself could not care enough to go back and find them...since I doubt that I would immigrate there.
Ok then..
Yikes!

I guess we can say Skombolis and John Coffey did not like your post
regarding Mexico.
lol..
I think it might be safe to say- neither of them like Mexico as a whole.
I wonder why..

I am sorry he turned your post into something you felt you had to defend. And
I am sorry he used your post to bring me ( you andI) into his rant concerning your sharing facts re: Mexico.
I simply asked him if he'd ever been, and did he realize that many Americans have also fallin in love
w the country..
Why you ended up having to defend yourself --is the deceitful spin Skombolis puts on
everyone he deems an adversary.

Crazy the lengths some will go to "be right"..
Promise me Skombolis will not succeed in his attempt to quiet your voice.

He finds himself the moral authority of wsjlm. He took this role the day he began
to troll here.
If I wasn't so repulsed by his behavior - I might find him amusing- In a circus type kinda way.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quotedI text>
If you think there is such a thing as peace, you are a fool of your own folly.
I am asking in complete sincerity when I ask if everything is ok?

You seem pretty upset friend and I am guessing Topix may not be the reason

I'm heading home in about an hour. If you want to bounce anything off me by t-mail feel free

Hope all is well

(T) Peace

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
And the dreaded letter avalanche.
http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg601/sca...
Have you met Mr. X?

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>The only way I "changed" the question was to add the specific scenario in which you made your statement
You judged that the actions of someone on Topix tainted Christianity. I understand why you wouldn't line that as it simply highlights the absurdity even more
And you were not judging him based on an official ideology so this is all just red herring filler. Although I could debunk that just the same. But for now I'm going to stick to the exact situation we were talking about which you still have refused to address.
A specific poster who is a Christian gave his personal view. Please explain how that taints hundred of millions of people or Christianity on general? Do you have any knowledge that hundreds of millions of people share that exact same view zoned that they were taught it by the Christian faith because it is an official teaching?
If bit you are simple engaging in stereotyping and bigotry
As for my posts, please provide any where I denigrate anyone for being Mexican. Am I culturally biased? Sure. I prefer the lifestyle and customs of America. So what? That's not bigotry. That's personal preference. Is someone being bigoted towards America if they say the show Honey Boo Boo is trash? Reality TV is a part of our culture
It's simple. You have a religious text. Christians have a religious text. Without that text there would be no Christians.

Christians claim to follow the precepts and teachings said to be contained in that religious book. When a Christian, does something or says something that does not adhere to the outlines in that book, it reflects upon all of Christianity.

What I pointed out is not one singular aberration, confined to one individual. It is seen thousands of times a day, throughout Christianity, by the individual members of Christianity.

It's no different when a football player or players for a team, or the coaching staff of a football team is caught doing something against the rules or standards set by the organization or governing body.

It reflects upon the entire organization >and< the individuals that caused that to be.

The problems within Catholicism and Protestantism in regards to child abuse and abuse are perfect examples of that.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Im not exactly sure what we are talking about here BT
My post was about not judging a group of people based on the actions of one member of the group acting on his personal feelings and not a shared group ideology.
What exactly are the specifics of the scenario you described and how are you applying that to the point I was making about not stereotyping? It sounds like you are talking about a very specific one on one confrontation in battle. I would agree anything besides addressing the immediate threat would be irrelevant. I'm just not sure how these posts are connected
Ya...I may have misinterpreted your meaning....
BUT...I have given relative response to actuality...and you KNOW it.
It is what it is...and I live by it.
Simple as that....still
HipGnozizzz

Astoria, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was pretty good with your post until you came to "Paul".
At that time I lost all respect for any more rhetoric you may have posited.
Well it'll take me a awhile to get over my dismay, but I still have to ask,

does Paul tell his followers they must set an example or does he not?

Rhetorical question.

Why would you have a problem with pointing that out?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>

We can look at RR and his racism and see how that taints all Christians. It's obvious. Why? because that is something many Christians do, is example racism, and RR's evidencing that racism only goes to confirm what is known, and seen within Christianity.e.
Do you even understand how preposterous this is?

A lot of people with brown hair are racist too. Dies that taint all people with brown hair?

Can you show me where RR's racism is a bi-product of his Christian beliefs? Then can you show me that he learned that as an official teaching of the faith?

You have used an example of someone who is racist that just so happens also happens to be a male, Christian, father and any other dozens of classifications he might fall into

There is no connection between his racism and Christianity other than your bigotry towards Christianity

That's kinda ironic. Or at least it should be.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
The last comment you make is what truly reveals your mind.
<quoted text>
There is that outstanding example of the Christian mentality.
It's Christians like you that taint the rest of Christianity.
Really? I hope I tainted it enough to keep the likes of you out of it. That would be a great accomplishment.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

I died briefly earlier today and woke at the pearly gates, where I was taken to a room in front of St. Peter. There was a clock on the wall it was at 12:00.
I asked if this what what time it is? To which he replied ..."No this is your lie meter, so that you can be judged, by how many lies you told and the more lies you told,the more it turns .
Everyone has a meter of their lies here, and all will be judged by it."

He then said, "you did pretty good, so good in fact we will send you back to complete your days on Earth"

I said really? Thanks, I will live the rest of my days as honestly as possible, so that everyone know me as a good man.

But.....

I then asked everyone has one?

He replied, "Yes everyone has one"

I said, I want to see Obama's, to see how truthful he is.

He said......

"Oh that one is locked up in the big bosses , because it's special!"

I asked,well whats so special about Obama's lie meter.

He replied...

" The Big Boss keeps it on the ceiling in his office."

A asked him but why does he keep Obama's
meter in his office.

He replied... "because that thing is spinning so
damn fast...
The Boss is using it for a ceiling fan!"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
It's simple. You have a religious text. Christians have a religious text. Without that text there would be no Christians.
Christians claim to follow the precepts and teachings said to be contained in that religious book. When a Christian, does something or says something that does not adhere to the outlines in that book, it reflects upon all of Christianity.
What I pointed out is not one singular aberration, confined to one individual. It is seen thousands of times a day, throughout Christianity, by the individual members of Christianity.
It's no different when a football player or players for a team, or the coaching staff of a football team is caught doing something against the rules or standards set by the organization or governing body.
It reflects upon the entire organization >and< the individuals that caused that to be.
The problems within Catholicism and Protestantism in regards to child abuse and abuse are perfect examples of that.
The fact that people broad-brush, stereotype, engage in bigotry, make people guilty by association, blame organizations for individual failings, etc may be a reality. That doesn't mean it's right. And to defend its practice is just wrong.

You are essentially saying its ok people are ignorant and others should acquiesce to fit their expecting to help ensure they don't have an excuse for their bigotry

When the twin towers were attacked, to many all Muslins became the enemy, even ones totally loyal to the United States. The reality is that is what the reaction was. But was it right?

According to your logic, it would be absolutely justified

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Does anyone reading along need me to respond to this?
I'm trying not to be mean, but...
I don't care if you are "mean". Means nothing to me. I'm going to respond back to you as I choose. so---write you write writer.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Annie
Nobody is trying to drag you into anything
You voluntarily entered when you made misleading posts
I simply added the omitted information to give people a clearer understanding
Its not like you to claim information you read and not source it
If you didn't get the information from where I said, then I will let you source your own posts. I can however link the ones I read saying exactly what you said from a real state company if you really need me too
But we both know where it came from
What are you implying Annie's agenda was in posting some info regarding Mexico?
You seem to be grasping at straws here in an attempt to ,yet again, spin
and discredit someone you perceive to not be on "your side".

I will ask again.. Have you ever vacationed in Mexico?

And here's a couple questions : you truly do not believe your behavior on this thread
does not impact others thoughts regarding Christianity? You think your slander on here
and your obsession w topix
doesn't make
people wonder what monster resides in that heart of yours?

You find yourself exempt from practicing human decency.. Forgiven ?
You can be as hateful as you choose to be?
And you -laugh out loud - all the while?

Is this what Christ has done for you?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya...I may have misinterpreted your meaning....
BUT...I have given relative response to actuality...and you KNOW it.
It is what it is...and I live by it.
Simple as that....still
Well yeah I certainly agree that if someone poses a threat to me I don't give a damn about their affiliations or anything else other than neutralizing the threat.

I'm just glad to know we kinda had two different things going in there for a minute as it appeared I had offended but didn't know how

It's all good

(T) Peace

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Im not exactly sure what we are talking about here BT
Oh Skom. it is not based in concern with you personally. It is based in anyone who would have the audacity to personally threaten me. I have been on that razor many times, and as you see, I am still here. I have no fear...been there done that... Yes...I was speaking of any one on one confrontation...and I will gladly welcome any challengers. I guess you may have given me the opportunity to make it available ...I may be "old", but I am still quite "deadly".
Anyone who wishes to try me is more than welcome...just PM me.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>heh
"Billboard credible"
For some that has become an oxymoron
Considering the faux nature of the billboard, that not too far off. But to me the writings only have to do with this billboard. So then there is some credibility responding to another writing. At least respond to the point.

“You have blue shoes”

Since: Mar 11

Please change them

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
Does a politician who is literally called a representative make all his constituents look bad when he does something wrong even though they had no foreknowledge of his actions and many may not approve?
They're asked to resign if they represent their party in socially unacceptable ways.
Whether it is race, religion, government, etc the rules don't change. We all answer for our own actions. And nobody else does.
You're correct here in that we need to hold religion to a higher standard. We cannot allow for adults claiming that myths and miracles are objectively real phenomena - that's like claiming the Easter Bunny, unicorns or sorcery are real.

It's harmful to children and weakens the education system to allow fairy tails to be taken seriously just because someone says "it's my religion."
Skombolis wrote:
Am I culturally biased? Sure. I prefer the lifestyle and customs of America.
It's not a preference thing. You don't really have a choice, having had your brain develop there.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

If an American commits a crime, does it taint all Americans?

After all, we all belong to a society that is governed by laws which are in large part a reflection of our morality

So if an individual fails to live up to what is expected of him, which is to follow the laws of the land, does that taint America and its citizens? Or is it simply an example of an individual acting of his own accord where he is the only person his actions reflect on?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

497 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min wttiftbl 256,737
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Catcher1 721,522
Last Word + 2 8 min andet1987 232
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 8 min Holy dr Shrink 38,469
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 9 min RiccardoFire 93,777
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 10 min uIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE 223
Nine Eleven 11 min andet1987 24
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 29 min Behind Enemy Lines 533,026
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 45 min EXPERT 115,375
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 3 hr Mien 82
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••