Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#594655 Sep 23, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
sigh...LeLe made a comment about Mexico...I share with her what I had read.
I agree...I think it illustrates how much better of a position that you hold than I do.
I am out of here...I have other things to do...like my virtual workout.
No I get it

Lele heavily criticized the fact that I would rip on Ians for living in Mexico

You responded to your good friend to let her know by sheer coincidence you had just discovered some information you had looked up because your grandchild's father is from Mexico. Its amazing how your sudden interest in that coincided with the timing of LeLe's post. And then coincidentally you left out a tom of relevent facts that would paint a very different picture than the one you presented and you didn't link anything

Timing is everything I guess

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#594656 Sep 23, 2013
Well, sht who hit the bee hive.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#594657 Sep 23, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your interest. Le_Le, but there's no chance of my leaving the thread unless I get bored with it. As long as Skombolis continues acting out, I'll find at least a little time to return to slap him around.
Why do I bother? Good question. All I can tell you is that the man is so repulsive to me that I feel the ongoing need to slap him around, which feels right to do.
LOL

Yeah that's why you have come here 253 days in a row and made dozens of posts a day to people other than me, babbling the same regurgitated nonsense about Christianity you have been faking and spewing since day one!

While I have no doubt a 'man' as tough as you would try to sissy slap me, once again your delusions have gotten the best of you

~snicker

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#594658 Sep 23, 2013
Le_le wrote:
This post is unbelievably - spot on! Your words here speak the truth. This space isn't Skom's , or Serahs -or anyone else's.
They have both described unbelievers as trespassers.
Le_le wrote:
Skom doesn't want ideas exchanged here- unless they are his. He will slander your very being if You dare oppose him. He's a troll. Yes?
Yes. Lying is his best friend, and slander his favorite lie. He's like a gremlin or poltergeist haunting the thread, rattling his chains and giggling.
Le_le wrote:
I'm tired of his verbal abuse and I seems you are too..
I'm intolerant of his ways, but not fatigued by them. My biggest potential obstacle is boredom. Sometimes my outrage dies down, and it becomes difficult to keep kicking him without it.

You seem to have the same reaction, but are constrained by your religious commitment from writing the kinds of things I feel free to write. If that's the case, allow me. I'm glad to be able to do it for both of us.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#594659 Sep 23, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> ....rich man who died and went to hell while lazarus who went to heaven, asked if he could go back to warn his brothers . Answer was, even if someone returned from the dead they would not believe. Youre just garden variety fodder, lamchop chop chop
Did Dives go to hell? Or was that an intermediate place in Hades where he awaited judgment?

Was he already judged?

Before everyone else?

Was Lazarus in heaven? Or was he too in an intermediate place?

Why is the parable of Lazarus and Dives the only one in the NT to use an actual name, Lazarus?

Speaking of Lazarus, the non-parable one, he tasted death, too, according to the one gospel that mentions him.

Odd that Luke would be the only canonical gospel writer to name someone in a parable yet ignore a person with the same name in this life, huh?

Especially since John's author tell us it was the Lazarus miracle -- Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead -- that brought about the plot against Jesus: "So from that day on they plotted to take his life."

Do you all ever actually puzzle through your scriptures in a serious way? Or do you simply buy the line of crap -- hook, sinker, and all?
UidiotRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#594660 Sep 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Annie
You are guessing on the last part
I read the same articles as you by doing a simple Google search, although I did mine months ago
The reason immigration is at its lowest is because despite leaving Mexico to come here, they end up returning because they can't get work.
The days of the illegal Mexican worker taking jobs from American citizens are over because now American citizens actually won't let them. It was one thing when the economy was booming. Nobody cares who did the jobs they didn't want. Now Americans are taking every job because of the economy
So despite Mexican citizens trying to come here so their family can have a better life, upon realizing they won't be able to leech off the tighter public assistance programs or schools or find work over American citizens, they have no choice but to return home
Its not like never tried to leave because Mexico and its $6 a day jobs were too appealing to leave
But you knew that
hey our greedy Predatory US Multiconglomerates with the help of Fundie Xtain US military plunders other nations raw resources and take their intellectual capital, and ruined their Agriculture land to polluting their lands with Industrial waste... make their nations poor... and our US corporatist/predatory corporations even outsource American jobs, and add insult to injury hard-earned American taxpayers have to pay up for all this... Them you such ignorant

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#594661 Sep 23, 2013
River Tam wrote:
I go to church because Mia likes it. She doesn't really know that much about me yet. It doesn't bother me. Everybody smells good there. I detected 13 distinct aromas today not counting the Irish Spring.
She says to the greeter (there is a greeter at this church), "This is River. She's my friend".
Greeter, "Well, welcome River. It's so nice of you to worship with us."
Mia pokes me with her elbow and River says, "It's my pleasure, sir. Thank you for having me."
River sniffs the air. She looks through the big doors and notices two other doors. One on each side of the building. She sees no children. She senses a basement. Mia pokes her ribs again. We proceed.
I know what that's like, sort of.

United States

#594662 Sep 23, 2013
UidiotRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>hey our greedy Predatory US Multiconglomerates with the help of Fundie Xtain US military plunders other nations raw resources and take their intellectual capital, and ruined their Agriculture land to polluting their lands with Industrial waste... make their nations poor... and our US corporatist/predatory corporations even outsource American jobs, and add insult to injury hard-earned American taxpayers have to pay up for all this... Them you such ignorant
ADD! No wonder the illegal immigrants have to come to America because we ruined their lands, stole from them, plunder their raw resources... and when we no longer need them we sent them home. yep you Skumbolis is ignorant ignorumus... BWHAHHAHAaaa

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#594663 Sep 23, 2013
UidiotRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>ADD! No wonder the illegal immigrants have to come to America because we ruined their lands, stole from them, plunder their raw resources... and when we no longer need them we sent them home. yep you Skumbolis is ignorant ignorumus... BWHAHHAHAaaa
But obviously you live in the United States writer. If you feel so bad and guilty about the U.S/Mexican War where Mexico lose the territory in a >>war<< with the U.S---move to Mexico then. Relieve you guilt and shame about America plundering and stealing Mexico lands and go live there. No one stopping you. Maybe you can get Mexico to start another war with the U.S and try and get they land back. I'm sure Texas would be happy to be part of Mexico again lol.

United States

#594664 Sep 23, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>But obviously you live in the United States writer. If you feel so bad and guilty about the U.S/Mexican War where Mexico lose the territory in a >>war<< with the U.S---move to Mexico then. Relieve you guilt and shame about America plundering and stealing Mexico lands and go live there. No one stopping you. Maybe you can get Mexico to start another war with the U.S and try and get they land back. I'm sure Texas would be happy to be part of Mexico again lol.
Not only Mexico, US militarism
As An American , i dislike standing to you another American who are war mongers/war investors... you our US war-for-profiteers an evil bunch , you our American warring pyschpathic kinds had ruined Americans and world ,masses with your acidic US global macroecononic wars and US war machines...
Let not forget about Native Indians of N.AMERICA - American holocaust , you mass murdered over 100 million plus You our despicable American war mongers need to be stripped of your US citizenship and leave..., it does not belong to you , your genocidal war and many kinetic wars and stolen many lands, plundered, raped, stoled, mass murdered... and know you wage to many illegal wars worldwide, no wonder over 179 nations plus give US the big middle Fingers because of US militaristic Neo-imperialism agendas had ruined US and world with you US war machines, you not even human...!

United States

#594665 Sep 23, 2013
Missing words That is S/h/b ' US militarism neo-imperialist had ruined the US and the world...no wonder our US is hated around the world because we bring death and destruction upon the world,
Lost In Transition

Satellite Beach, FL

#594666 Sep 23, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
"You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean. In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness." - Jesus
I thought Jesse Jackson said that.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#594667 Sep 23, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Dives go to hell? Or was that an intermediate place in Hades where he awaited judgment?
Was he already judged?
Before everyone else?
Was Lazarus in heaven? Or was he too in an intermediate place?
Why is the parable of Lazarus and Dives the only one in the NT to use an actual name, Lazarus?
Speaking of Lazarus, the non-parable one, he tasted death, too, according to the one gospel that mentions him.
Odd that Luke would be the only canonical gospel writer to name someone in a parable yet ignore a person with the same name in this life, huh?
Especially since John's author tell us it was the Lazarus miracle -- Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead -- that brought about the plot against Jesus: "So from that day on they plotted to take his life."
Do you all ever actually puzzle through your scriptures in a serious way? Or do you simply buy the line of crap -- hook, sinker, and all?
Preaching to "believers" is like catching carp.
A bit of paper on a hook and they swallow it so deep, you can't get the hook back.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#594668 Sep 23, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Ben, I cannot tell you what Christians use or believe that attend churches and such.....
Sure you can. You post it constantly.
You are a Christian and you believe The Church.
Sorry, LW, you don't have a single belief that wasn't taught to you by The Church.

No person who has never heard of Christianity could come up with a single one of the doctrines of any denomination of Christianity simply by reading the Bible alone.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#594669 Sep 23, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought Jesse Jackson said that.
Jesus was constantly telling everyone, including his own followers, they were idiots, frauds and hypocrites.

Fennario

#594670 Sep 23, 2013
Bongo wrote:
The moral system you reject is the best one available, if obeyed.
I disagree. Biblical morals are horribly flawed and have had to be reworked repeatedly.

By what system of values do you think it is that Christians cherry pick scriptures from their bible, accepting this passage and rejecting that? It's obviously an external system since if you used the bible to do that, you'd have to accept the whole bible.

It's the rational ethics of secular humanism. It was rational, compassionate people that concluded that "Thou shalt not suffer witches to live" was absurd and cruel. Nothing from the bible allows you to do that.
Lost In Transition

Satellite Beach, FL

#594671 Sep 23, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all good RT. I was tired, trying to absorb a lecture on impulse energy.
You ever notice on Star Trek they never break down impulse speed?
Kirk...."Scotty, I need maneuvering speed now!"
Scotty...."I can give you 1/2 impulse, and that's pushing her."
What the heck is max impulse speed?
Lost In Transition

Satellite Beach, FL

#594672 Sep 23, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was constantly telling everyone, including his own followers, they were idiots, frauds and hypocrites.
That doesn't sound like Jesus.
Maybe he was just having a bad day.

“what are you talking about you”

Since: Mar 11

schlappington, by god

#594673 Sep 23, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
*nod*

frig my lifes

Fennario

#594674 Sep 23, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
After hearing all the talk about Mexico recently I spent some time reading about the immigration into that country...I was very surprised to learn that over a million Americans now call Mexico their primary residence. There is also a large number of Canadians that either live there on a permanent basis or have summer homes where they spend about half the year there.
The other thing that I was surprised about were the reasons that many relocate there...I had assumed that it was primarily a lower cost of living. While that plays an issue it also included business opportunities. As Mexico progresses...it is also expanding its economy and is a prime spot for new entrepreneurs.
Interesting reading...
Another thing I didn't know is that English is taught in most of their schools so there is very little language barriers for Americans.
There further away from the border towns you get the safer it becomes for foreigners to live...basically as safe as it is here in some areas.
Immigration from Mexico to here is at one of its lowest points...Hispanics are now finding more opportunities in their own country.
Did a little reading...learned a lot...
Good for you, Annie.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Buck Crick 749,844
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 min bacon hater 96,065
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Kent 548,236
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 16 min bacon hater 37,246
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 min Pegasus the Patriot 261,601
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 22 min Dave Nelson 229,858
Los Angeles Sober Coach: 7 Day Rehab - In Home ... 32 min The Addictions Coach 1
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 11 hr nikki 124

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE