“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#594337 Sep 22, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you on the written word as think whether spoken or written it is the same thing. One could ever make the point that you get a little clearer look with the written word as some people certainly would not speak their mind in person.
Although to extend on the car analogy, I see it a little differently. At least as far as scope. Yes the 'advertising" should be the day-to-day living or personal witness. It should be done out of obedience and to set an example for seekers and simply because it is the right thing to do.
However when people advertise they go after a target demo normally. Its not always set in stone but it is a pretty time-tested method.
If someone showed up to your car dealership and pissed on the tires and told you your cars are garbage and you are delusional for selling them and your dealership is part of an evil corporation, would you try to sell the a car? Maybe once?
What if they showed up every day for 18 months and did this? What if their presence ensured people who might be interested don't get the attention they deserve, even if they showed up at all knowing what it is like at that dealership. And that is presuming there are even potential buyers.
I think anybody at the dealership who worked there would have called security or the cops within the first few days. In real life, the idea of someone being able to go someone just to harass people would never be allowed. In Topix, people cannot only say things they wouldn't normally say, they can say it longer and more often because there are no repercussions.
I might suggest what is being advertised is that if you want to come somewhere just to fight, disrespect people's beliefs, claim God is anything from evil to a rapist, and so on that you aren't going to get a free ride
I have said for years that people should never use personal fights as an excuse to claim their actions are biblical. But at the same time, Jesus flipped the tables. Now of course things have grown much more personal but the starting point was the attacks on the faith.
Consider Abu Ghraib. The world over was that our military would urinate on religious texts of a different culture. Even under the circumstances. Civilized people shouldn't do things like that as there are just certain things that are understood about stereotyping, co-existence, disrespect, and tolerance of differences. All Muslims were not an enemy and we had no right to do that. Yet some these "humanists" that claim how much more ethical and civilized with advanced morals come in here every day, day after day, to metaphorically urinate on our religious texts and to stereotype all Christians
Perhaps the message that should be advertised is people won't stand for that. Even from trolls who do it for fun. I think its why you have seen even non-Christians speak against some of what has gone on. I do agree in general with what you say. But if someone wants to come in an urinate all over the place and try to use our Bible against us by crying "you aren't being Christian enough" if anyone says something back to them I say they get what they get
The ones that come in here and are civil certainly are not treated poorly. Even when they criticize the faith. But there is a line among civilized people and what others should have to put up with.
JMO
Cept for a big mitigating factor here, topix isn't your property, it's neutral ground. Plus it is designed to be an outlet for different POVs. So your analogy fails in that respect.
Topix is the wrestling arena in the center ring of the wild west circus, where there maybe monkeys and tigers wrestling or any combination of freaks and anything is possible, as rules are rarely enforced anyway.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#594338 Sep 22, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps it might be more preferable if we deferred any further interaction, as it doesn't appear to be positive.
I apologise, Cap'n. I wasn't calling you mean or stupid. That was directed at me.

I enjoy our conversations but if you would rather not interact with me, I understand. It's not a new experience for me.

I wish you the best.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#594339 Sep 22, 2013
My advice to you is simple, if you don't want to get spit on , or can't take being...cursed at, called names, beat up, have to fight back, are squeamish, get your feelings hurt easy, don't want to deal with fruitcakes, psychos, lame wads and such.
Stay out of the wrastling area in center stage of the wild west circus called topix.

Location hidden

#594340 Sep 22, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that Mia posing.....and you behind her?...Nice Pic....
Thanks Epi. She's hot, right? Told ya. She makes me laugh.

"I'm gonna find myself a girl
who can show me what laughter means.
And we'll fill in the missing colours
in each others paint-by-number dreams.
Then we'll put our dark glasses on
And we'll make love until our strength is gone.
And when the morning light comes streaming in
we'll get up and do it again."

~ Jackson Browne
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#594341 Sep 22, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
@Christians...other than Trifecta
<quoted text>
I have heard other Christians state the same...their actions on the internet "doesn't count". They don't believe that they will be judged by what they say here...almost as if they think God gives them a pass...while they are on the internet...because it is just entertainment.
How many of you agree with this?
Does pretending to be some made up name relieve you of the responsibility of your words? I got the impression from a few...that changing their name to some made-up moniker would allow them to behave as they choose...as if God was too stupid to figure it out.
If you agree with Trifecta...I would truly like to understand why...what makes you think that you can turn your faith on and off at will...or simply because you happen to be on the internet.
No Annie using a fake name on the internet does not give you a free pass to treat people bad. You said,ďas if God was too stupid to figure it out.Ē That is just it, God sees it all and knows who we are. I didnít see anywhere that it said to get on topix and play a game to see who will win being the most hateful to others. If it said that then that would be the thing to do but it doesnít so it is not the thing to do. Talk about someone imposing what they think on others and demanding they see it their way! People are not here to play games and to treat them like they are is not at all right.

Thatís MO and I stand by it.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#594342 Sep 22, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Cept for a big mitigating factor here, topix isn't your property, it's neutral ground. Plus it is designed to be an outlet for different POVs. So your analogy fails in that respect.
Topix is the wrestling arena in the center ring of the wild west circus, where there maybe monkeys and tigers wrestling or any combination of freaks and anything is possible, as rules are rarely enforced anyway.
I realize Topix is a public site. Otherwise this obviously would never happen

But my focus in on the response to certain behavior

And I think its a shame that people are forced to choose between putting up with it or leaving because even after 18 months some people never have anything else to do but to show up and pee on the tires. No matter how they want to glamorize it in their head.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#594343 Sep 22, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
No Annie using a fake name on the internet does not give you a free pass to treat people bad. You said,ďas if God was too stupid to figure it out.Ē That is just it, God sees it all and knows who we are. I didnít see anywhere that it said to get on topix and play a game to see who will win being the most hateful to others. If it said that then that would be the thing to do but it doesnít so it is not the thing to do. Talk about someone imposing what they think on others and demanding they see it their way! People are not here to play games and to treat them like they are is not at all right.
Thatís MO and I stand by it.
Hi, Honey!!!: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_EqD_yWiiS5U/RxBSTyW...
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#594344 Sep 22, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>You're not GOD. You're insignificant, irrelevant, opinions a laughter, your judgments hilariously funny. Go to one of your fantasy gym classes and preach to the person next to your about the virtues of your fantasy homosexual son and the delusions about the suicide of your husband. At least maybe there you can get some real crocodile tears someone feel sorry for ya.
Points to me- 145,000. Points off your writing seeing it's so obviously desperate your need for relevance where you have None- 178,000. Good score Trifecta1. Now the game is heating up.
You are racking up hateful points. What you said to Annie was uncalled for. That you can take someoneís sad times in their life and use it to try and hurt them is so sad. That you are proud of it makes it even sadder. Remember God hands out the rewards.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#594345 Sep 22, 2013
SATANISGOD wrote:
<quoted text>
so if you are a fraud promoting some bull$hit supernatural stories, promising eternal life and contact with some fairy in the sky, that is acceptable?... really?...so exactly where do you draw a line on frauds and bull$hit being marketed?
How do you get through life is the idea of people going to an online chat room to discuss their faith gets you so upset?

Nobody is trying to force anything on anyone

If someone wants to pull up a chair they are more than welcome. If they don't, then they don't.

Not sure when you decided the world answers to you

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#594346 Sep 22, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you on the written word as think whether spoken or written it is the same thing. One could ever make the point that you get a little clearer look with the written word as some people certainly would not speak their mind in person.
Although to extend on the car analogy, I see it a little differently. At least as far as scope. Yes the 'advertising" should be the day-to-day living or personal witness. It should be done out of obedience and to set an example for seekers and simply because it is the right thing to do.
However when people advertise they go after a target demo normally. Its not always set in stone but it is a pretty time-tested method.
If someone showed up to your car dealership and pissed on the tires and told you your cars are garbage and you are delusional for selling them and your dealership is part of an evil corporation, would you try to sell the a car? Maybe once?
What if they showed up every day for 18 months and did this? What if their presence ensured people who might be interested don't get the attention they deserve, even if they showed up at all knowing what it is like at that dealership. And that is presuming there are even potential buyers.
I think anybody at the dealership who worked there would have called security or the cops within the first few days. In real life, the idea of someone being able to go someone just to harass people would never be allowed. In Topix, people cannot only say things they wouldn't normally say, they can say it longer and more often because there are no repercussions.
I might suggest what is being advertised is that if you want to come somewhere just to fight, disrespect people's beliefs, claim God is anything from evil to a rapist, and so on that you aren't going to get a free ride
I have said for years that people should never use personal fights as an excuse to claim their actions are biblical. But at the same time, Jesus flipped the tables. Now of course things have grown much more personal but the starting point was the attacks on the faith.
Consider Abu Ghraib. The world over was that our military would urinate on religious texts of a different culture. Even under the circumstances. Civilized people shouldn't do things like that as there are just certain things that are understood about stereotyping, co-existence, disrespect, and tolerance of differences. All Muslims were not an enemy and we had no right to do that. Yet some these "humanists" that claim how much more ethical and civilized with advanced morals come in here every day, day after day, to metaphorically urinate on our religious texts and to stereotype all Christians
Perhaps the message that should be advertised is people won't stand for that. Even from trolls who do it for fun. I think its why you have seen even non-Christians speak against some of what has gone on. I do agree in general with what you say. But if someone wants to come in an urinate all over the place and try to use our Bible against us by crying "you aren't being Christian enough" if anyone says something back to them I say they get what they get
The ones that come in here and are civil certainly are not treated poorly. Even when they criticize the faith. But there is a line among civilized people and what others should have to put up with.
JMO
Good opinion.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#594347 Sep 22, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Cept for a big mitigating factor here, topix isn't your property, it's neutral ground. Plus it is designed to be an outlet for different POVs. So your analogy fails in that respect.
So you see the billboard as a jungle with monkeys and tigers eh??? hmmm. naa, I like it as a video game better.

Points- 56,000
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#594348 Sep 22, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Your the dumb old cow, cause you cannot not even put out good milk
All you pound out is akalie water. bitter to the core.
:)
He may be using a fake name but his posts say it all. I think Annie has a laxative for him. LOL

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#594349 Sep 22, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
My advice to you is simple, if you don't want to get spit on , or can't take being...cursed at, called names, beat up, have to fight back, are squeamish, get your feelings hurt easy, don't want to deal with fruitcakes, psychos, lame wads and such.
Stay out of the wrastling area in center stage of the wild west circus called topix.
TRUE.

No points.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#594350 Sep 22, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is time I unzip the whip as can and let you and me just get it on right here and now.
whips eh?? you bringing chains to? We can get it on anywhere anytime you want writer <wink>
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#594351 Sep 22, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Topix is real....Its not a fantasy game....the words said here can lift up people or cut them down. God sees ALL and knows ALL. The fruit of the spirit flows out in our thoughts and words.
:)

Location hidden

#594352 Sep 22, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>So you see the billboard as a jungle with monkeys and tigers eh??? hmmm. naa, I like it as a video game better.
Points- 56,000
Stop drooling on my controller.

I'll tell your Mom and she'll put you in time-out.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#594353 Sep 22, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg601/sca...
Next time...
Add some frikken lasers.
LOL. that movie sucked!

It's the points I give myself that matters.

The points you give me, does not matter. Score yourself.

points- 78,000. points off your writing-- low score 45 for linking a movie that sucked!

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#594354 Sep 22, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Chris,
Good post, and analogy. A believer is a "salesman" of sorts, as in a billboard - held up on display, for all to see. What are we advertising?
Yea friend. From my pov everyone is a salesman. What are we offering?
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#594355 Sep 22, 2013
Edited because of hateful content.
scaritual wrote:
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>

Edited because of hateful content.
Fart HU wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>

Pay them no mind, Annie.
You stand far and above.
I agree Scaritual

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#594356 Sep 22, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I assume that you are implying that I am not up to quality...well guess what Chris...I don't much care what you think.
So let me ask...how many times have you spoke up...how many times have you said absolutely nothing concerning remarks that come from the "quality people"? You don't...you come in here...make posts that degrades non-Christians and then leave...
I assure you...I have spoke up about the people on my side of the fence far more than you have ever spoke up to your "quality people"...
...go screw yourself Chris.
Not true. For the most part a good portion of the postings in this forum I don't read because imo the poster isn't sincere, just being a troll. Time is of a value to me and I will no longer waste it on people that lie nonstop positing the same lies over and over. And once again I'm sorry to have come into the "Why Should Jesus Love you forum?" It is a shame that people that don't share a belief can't have civil words with each other. No worry here, plenty I can do and will. Take care.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min UidiotRaceMAkeWor... 830,371
how to choice a good store for shopping?do you ... 30 min Ritazhu 1
what do americans think of mexicans? (Sep '08) 32 min UidiotRaceMAkeWor... 398
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 32 min janeebee 3,956
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 45 min RoSesz 585,786
sex (May '13) 1 hr rajivas 153
Is it a good choice shopping online?how about b... 1 hr Ritazhu 3
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Student 40,223
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Paul Porter1 99,270
More from around the web