Why Should Jesus Love Me?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#593336 Sep 19, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>In the fact that we can expect their theories to change?
If there's anything we can expect from science, it's for it to change. To me, that seems unreliable.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593337 Sep 19, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
It was about a week or so ago that RR referred to the 3 kids that beat up another kid on a bus as monkeys. I didn't watch the video of the beating so I don't really know what races the kids were. I'm just guessing that's what Catcher was referring to.
That is correct. I referred to those three kids as monkeys. Catcher will paint a picture and say "RR said blacks are monkeys" even though that's not accurate.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593338 Sep 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
You are correct. That is when the comment about race was made
Most of this though has been centered around his wife and kid and the comments made like a year ago.
If Catcher really believed RR was this terrible person that physically adults women and children like he has been labeling RR as recently and claiming that is why he has such disdain for him, why have I seen hundreds of civil interactions between them from the time of the original comments and just recently?
That's why I am not buying this
Where's HL?

This recent affection that Catcher has towards me kinda makes me wanna borrow a chastity belt....

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#593339 Sep 19, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
I hitchkiked down into Branson (before it was what it is today), back in 78 or 79. Me and a friend were on our way to Little Rock but we never made it. We decided to stay in the State park there for a few days and we had a blast. The guy that took us to the park was a hillbilly. When i hopped in the back of his pickup truck I wasnt sure if I would ever be seen or heard from again..........LOL.
I liked most of my hillbilly patients. They were decent people, right out of the Beverly Hillbillies. Y'all come in and set a spell, ya hear?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593340 Sep 19, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Not speaking for anyone else but I rub will rub his nose in it until he stops minimizing his racist and misogynist attitudes. "I'm not as bad as him" doesn't wash with me, I think you know why. Yep, that is a big bias of mine.
I will never minimize my misogynist attitude.

Go make me a sammich, bitch.

And don't forget the laundry.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593341 Sep 19, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
He does that quite often RR. It gives him more lee way to say something insulting instead of actually talking about what is really said.
That’s why I’m going back to scrolling on by his posts. I have more important things and more things I would rather be doing than to indulge his hatefulness.
True dat, HFN. Ben is the perfect example of Internet Trollery.

Fennario

#593342 Sep 19, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
How is that a lie? Are you not an admitted racist? Did you not strike a baby and your wife as punishment?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Oh God IANS, not you too... Sigh. No I did not use corporal punishment on my wife. That's a lie and you know it.
Sorry, but I don't know that it is a lie. I don't read all of the posts.

Is that the only part that you are calling a lie? Were the parts about racism and corporal punishment of the baby accurate?
Greens - Tuf

Kurnell, Australia

#593343 Sep 19, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know...my father constantly explained nature to me in such terms. My mother is a pharmacist - so she explained people differently.
I've just always been drawn to biology and ultimate explanations. It's the one thing I understand clearly, immediately. I read some academic's argument and I can immediately, without looking at the math, know "that's BS" or "wow."
Maybe I'm a one-trick pony, but I don't know what else, if anything, I could do.
Thank you for asking.
This is my personal opinion of you, for what it's worth.
I find you super intelligent in your chosen field, no doubt about it........ but I think you are stuck in the middle of what the Universe is really all about.
I think that you are missing the bigger picture.
There is a real beginning and a real end but you are totally stuck in the material middle.
You are great for a material world debate but spiritual debates which this should be about leave you confused.

And that's a compliment, trust me.:)

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#593344 Sep 19, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think he's lying about his chemo?
I take everybody at their word here. Am I naive? Perhaps I am but why would an anonymous person lie to me? What's to gain?
I give BenAdam leeway because he's going through a tough time. I know what that feels like. It sucks.
Am I wrong?
You can give him a break because of what he's going through. You could also give RA a break because of what he's going through.

Thats not wrong.

What you are wrong about is thinking its because of chemo. He's been that way since he has been on topix.......I dont think its any worse or better since he's started his treatment.........

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593345 Sep 19, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
That took me to the wrong page. This link goes directly to the post.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
Thank you.

You just confirmed what I wrote to River a few minutes ago, that I was referring to specific people, not blacks in general - as Catcher claimed.

"There's gotta be a breaking point sometime, there's gotta be harsher punishments for criminals like those filthy monkeys."

Did you watch the video? They were acting like animals, like monkeys.

Actually, they were worse. I apologize to the monkeys out there...

Fennario

#593346 Sep 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's quite hypocritical of you to say that we are using "arrogant insolence" when in the very same sentence you called us "Christian baboons".
Nope. Timing is everything. There's a huge difference between throwing the first punch and returning one. If both people advocate peace, only the first one is the hypocrite.

The behavior of about half of these Christians here is abominable, and they deserve to be treated in kind - with contempt.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#593347 Sep 19, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not talk about any specific drugs that could induce rage. I wrote "I suppose you could give subjects some drug..." as in speculation. But some drugs include such experiences as side effects. Here, read this:
http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_scie...
Additionally, I never made the claim that we could quantize moods. You are now adding that to the conversation. I said that we could measure them - quantizing them is a different thing altogether.

Anyways, my entire point is that rage and love are not invisible to us. We can measure them, we can know them. We can explain them. To claim that God exists but is not measurable, just like love or rage, is incorrect.
Although...I suppose you could do exactly the same thing with spiritual experiences - show where, in the brain, they take place. And increase or decrease their intensity via drugs, electronic and magnetic stimulation.
So maybe I should take that back. We can measure the "god concept" and show that it's purely physical. Thanks, Skom :)
To me locating the part of the brain that responds to rage isn't measuring it

I actually didn't see some of what led up to the conversation but I wish I had now. At first I simply saw him being chided for saying emotion can be measured, which is something I basically agree with. But just like our best guess to see emotion in action is through observable behavior in natural situations, so is the same with God. Just as with some people you can see rage in their actions, with others you can see God in their actions.

As the conversation went on, I simply became more naturally curious as to how someone would induce and measure rage in a controlled environment and whether it would be useful at all to us in real life. You gotta admit it is an interesting concept to try to induce rage and then measure it.

Although if I had known why you were arguing that, I probably would not have pushed so much for specifics. I thought you had brought it up strictly on a scientific basis over whether emotional are measurable are were speaking from personal study. Which again, due to the extreme nature made me curious as to the details. Had I known you it was more of a real world verse spiritual thing and which can be proved, I would have conceded we can see humans have emotion, we can't see God/ I don't like to get hung up in semantic hair-splitting

I am going to say this next part and know I am not trying to insult you but just being honest with you. I do agree with some of the comments that you can be very condescending at times. If ti is complex stuff that is one thing. It would be more understandable you may need to help someone understand. But IMHO you take that attitude regardless of degree of difficulty. Like you will be happy to explain to someone how to tell the difference between their face and their ass if they are interested! LOL, ok that was just a made-up example but you get the point! So for me, it sometimes motivates me to pursue a line of questioning maybe a little further than I would have.

But I agree emotions can be proven while God can not be. If that is the basic gist of what this was about then so be it. I really was curious as to how the rest could be done and what practical application it could have but I would not have cared about the difference between measured and located.

Have a good one

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593348 Sep 19, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
Three black kids beat up a white kid.
RR repeatedly called the black kids monkeys.
Correct.

What's the problem?

Did you watch the video?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#593349 Sep 19, 2013
Oops, meant to say "emotion can't be measured"

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593350 Sep 19, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! You have me beat then. Ever since learning about it, I've been trying unsuccessfully to learn it. I can't. I don't know why. I just can't. I keep heel striking. I've gotten to the point where I'm able to mid strike walk, but it feels totally foreign to me.
You have to go back to high school...

Be a boy that's trying to be a man...

Find that hot girl you're trying to impress...

Watch how she runs, front of her foot only...

Watch her ass cuz you can....

Practice, practice, practice...

Win the track event...

Go home alone :(

Dammit, woman!

Fennario

#593351 Sep 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
LOL
Look, it's Polly Prissy Pants tittering again. Tee-hee!
Skombolis wrote:
Maybe that's because you got a "lawyer" saying things like "not-responsive" ... Or maybe because a "doctor" who has written thousands of scripts for opiate pain medications claims they aren't physically addictive and that most people can't even get addicted. Then later says everyone knows they are habit forming and claims "we" as in the medical community is trying to move away from the word addicted to cover for either your ignorance is blatant self-serving lies
This is a fine example of a Christian baboon flinging his feces now.
Skombolis wrote:
You guys are neither successful or knowledgable on basics. And will lie to try to make yourselves look better.
And you deserve every bit of abuse that is heaped upon you, as does the religion that facilitates this behavior by allowing you to forgive yourself and feel self-righteous.

You are Christian scum out of control.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#593352 Sep 19, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I wrote that to Nano and she didn't believe me...
Nano lives in a dimension below 3...IMO... I think Sagan described it quite well.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#593353 Sep 19, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't agree more. I personally don't believe the story, honestly. A wrought iron frying pan does an incredible amount of damage.
I don't know, perhaps she was smashing nicely?
Sounds like attempted murder and aggravated assault charges should have been brought against her.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593354 Sep 19, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
No, they're not testing DNA. They're testing for various chemicals and hormones your body produces in response to various ailments.
So, if you drink you have elevated levels of some chemical that represents liver damage (sorry, IANS will know this one better). If you have prostate cancer, you have elevated PSA (I believe that's prostate specific androgen, but I don't really know - again, IANS would know) levels, relative to your baseline.
Basically, whatever you're doing to your body, there's some measurement we have for it, and that measurement is a chemical, not DNA, test.
DNA tests are not commonplace yet. And almost no one does entire genome tests. There has probably only been 1, to be honest. Maybe 5.
oh. That makes more sense. I wondered how they could tell so much just by testing your blood.

"It's chemical, not DNA"

Gotcha.

Thx

Since: May 11

London, UK

#593355 Sep 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
You just confirmed what I wrote to River a few minutes ago, that I was referring to specific people, not blacks in general - as Catcher claimed.
"There's gotta be a breaking point sometime, there's gotta be harsher punishments for criminals like those filthy monkeys."
Did you watch the video? They were acting like animals, like monkeys.
Actually, they were worse. I apologize to the monkeys out there...
....and he's back peddling.

how about when you suggested that they be set on fire?

but their skin colour rendered it redundant...because they were already "burnt".

that ship has long sailed...as usual you've said too way much.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min spud 7,181
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Wilbur 982,216
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Bongo 123,347
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Rosesz 681,740
Virginia man charged with espionage for deliver... 1 hr Brice N Livingston 6
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 hr onemale 286,526
_ VATICAN to get 'Legal Right' to TEMPLE MOUNT _ 9 hr NewsJune2017 YTube 1
More from around the web