Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“What game?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#593198 Sep 18, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets talk about the disgusting behavior you showed and continue to show your daughter deadbeat.
You've been abusing her for her entire life. You abandoned her. You ran out on her like the coward deadbeat you are. You turned your back on her and thought only of yourself showing her just exactly what a loser deadbeat you are.
Thank God she was smart enough tell you she wanted nothing else to do with you once she grew up. Telling you to get out and stay out of her life.
So go on and tell others about their disgusting behavior deadbeat (like you have any room to talk). Because your disgusting behavior has been exposed many many times in here "purfesir".
Have you tried laxatives?

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#593199 Sep 18, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Education comes from all walks of life - from traveling to reading to being a parent. How the person reflects on their experiences, not the teaching they have received, is what produces the intellect. No amount of formal education is going to make someone brilliant, thoughtful or interesting. Experience is the greatest teacher, reflection and reflexivity the greatest tools of the learner.
HFN chose to use the word "baby" so she could link abortion to murder. Let's be honest about that.
Serah constantly makes authoritative pronunciations on subjects she doesn't understand while telling me I'm an idiot, not a scientist, not good enough to know better, etc. So you'll pardon me if I respond in kind. Now I've criticized Serah for her lack of education only because she continues to misrepresent science - and she does so because she doesn't know anything about science. I've never criticized HFN for the same because HFN doesn't make such pretenses. She either speaks of some opinion she has or some wisdom she has to share.
I always begin posting politely. When the demeaning comment comes, as it always does, it's returned.
Don't let IQ scores determine the outcome of your children. Sure, it's nice to be told you did well on what many consider to be an intelligence test, but it's not all that.
Please post the link where I called you an idiot!!

#593200 Sep 18, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
As I wrote, it's a prediction. I suppose you could argue that I have belief in our current theoretical frameworks that make those predictions. I'd have to point out that if the way in which I think of theoretical frameworks is not dogmatic - the theories can change with new evidence and through hypothesis testing.
Of course they can and will change.... we expect them too!!

#593201 Sep 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm impressed.
In the fact that we can expect their theories to change?

#593202 Sep 18, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Ok...
How exactly are we to have a conversation with a peoples who sees no issues in misrepresentation?
Just like we put up with reading theories that we know are going to change.... it's easy, don't take any notice of them until it is true representation and fact.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#593203 Sep 18, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I already explained where in the brain it is, how it can be manipulated, posted papers to neuroscience studies on the brain areas and neuraltransmitters involved, and how a tumor did the exact same thing to Charles Whitman (in real life, outside the lab).
I'm not sure evidence makes any difference to how you are choosing to understand what I write.
Been watching you for sometime now. Question do you come to this thread to use it for your own personal lab of experimentation??

Because your writing are sure leaving a ear mark of just such actions. Most especially amoung the Christians but not the non Christians.

#593204 Sep 18, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
It's true. There's no two ways about it. People in their specialties are the experts.
If you think that I defer to education, you're mistaken. I've yelled at Oxford anthropologists at professional conferences for making utterly stupid and incorrect statements - that got me into trouble, btw. In fact, I have less tolerance at scientific conferences than here because the minimum requirements for presentation there are that you're actually producing science.
I have issues with people promoting ignorance as some kind of badge. It's not. I expect people to be honest with regards to the boundaries of their knowledge - but people aren't. Such people require criticism.
(and at a science conference, I expect science, not false, impossible claims)
Seeing you have accused me falsely of calling you an idiot, I guess you don't mind if I do, hey Idiot? Keep your boundaries to truth, and you might have a bit of respect going your way..... Lies are for the simpletons who can't get any respect when they tell the truth....

“What game?”

Location hidden

#593205 Sep 18, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You should have went with your first instinct:)
And you wanna know how I know you are a fraud and feigning moral outrage, most likely to get the attention off someone else?
Because you are bringing up things RR said months or years ago that you have known about for months or years. Suddenly now old posts have you in an uncontrollable giddy fit?
Why didn't your strenuous moral objections and offense manifest itself a year ago when the comments were first made?
Why have you had plenty of civil conversations with him between the time of the comments and just recently?
Nah, you aren't really offended Mr I would defend child molesters without inquiring as to their guilt, you got a different agenda
Carrion
It was about a week or so ago that RR referred to the 3 kids that beat up another kid on a bus as monkeys. I didn't watch the video of the beating so I don't really know what races the kids were. I'm just guessing that's what Catcher was referring to.

#593206 Sep 18, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't planning to post anything.
But I decided I want to tell you something.
RR also calls people "monkeys" because of their skin color, among other things.
HFY lies too.... just wanted to add that to your posting.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#593207 Sep 18, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
You are trying to change the subject
No, I'm not.
At no time did you ever suggest the measuring would be done on animals.
Yes, I did. Extensively. Especially in the post where I outlined how we would study it.

I can't believe you didn't see that. Please read this again:

"There are a number of ways to measure that, then. If you observe it, you can correlate the rage with other behaviors (was a lower ranked animal performing some taboo behavior - such events cause anger in primates all the time), etc. So we can develop a methodology that allows us to make predictions (if low ranked animal B performs X behavior, it becomes the target of A's rage) and test those predictions - do they hold up?
Other ways of measuring:
- we can hook up apparatus to the animal's brain to directly measure what brain areas are involved in rage. That will tell us a lot
- we can "sacrifice" the animal immediately and measure the brain in all kinds of ways through stains - which areas were active, etc. If we are able to get the animal to produce the rage behavior a lot, the relevant brain areas will be larger than a non-raging animal. So we can make those kinds of predictions, too.
- We can place microchips into the animals brain, or selectively destroy parts of it, to produce rage. The former allows us to rage behavior of and on at will, the latter to make it permanent. Both will explain exactly where rage is produce in the brain - and with further analysis we can determine the neurons involved, the neurochemicals involved.
- Subsequently we can develop targeted drugs that produce rage.
Done. Our analysis is complete.
Now, Skom, this is old science, dating back tot he 60's. We know exactly what brain areas produce rage and how to make them do so. I've personally destroyed the septum pellucidum of a rat to cause it to have uncontrollable anger in my neuroscience undergraduate class."

I mention animal over and over.

I can't really have a discussion with you if you aren't going to read what I write.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#593208 Sep 18, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
What would you know of the sun, when you wonder around in darkness for the most part. If it not fishy your not interested.
Sorry, Whisps, I have no interest in living the Dark Ages that Christianity wants to bring back.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#593209 Sep 18, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
It was about a week or so ago that RR referred to the 3 kids that beat up another kid on a bus as monkeys. I didn't watch the video of the beating so I don't really know what races the kids were. I'm just guessing that's what Catcher was referring to.
You are correct. That is when the comment about race was made

Most of this though has been centered around his wife and kid and the comments made like a year ago.

If Catcher really believed RR was this terrible person that physically adults women and children like he has been labeling RR as recently and claiming that is why he has such disdain for him, why have I seen hundreds of civil interactions between them from the time of the original comments and just recently?

That's why I am not buying this

Some stable somewhere

#593211 Sep 18, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
At no time did you ever suggest the measuring would be done on animals.
You're clearly wrong here. Answered above.
And that would have even less of a practical application as the stimuli would not be the same.
So your claim is that evolution produced two pathways for emotions. One that is caused through normal interaction and one that is only accessible to researchers.

Again, that doesn't make any sense.
But I asked three times in that last post hoping that would be enough to get you to answer
What would you do to cause the rage so that you could measure it?
I already explained this. Again:

1. stimulate the brain areas that govern rage
2. administer a agonist drug to stimulate the rage areas
3. administer an antagonist drug to inhibit the areas governing the cessation of rage
It's important to know to see if the controlled environment will tell us anything useful as far as naturally occurring situations.
Please explain how you would differentiate between the two at the neuronal and neural transmitter level.
If kind can't be replicated it doesn't provide much useful information.
The kind of stuff we're talking about is 40 year old science. It's replicated in every neuroscience course with a lab component.
But let's stick with humans for now as you originally were talking about humans and even brought up if for example I was willing to subject myself to that kind of testing it could provide the answers.
I never differentiated between humans and animals. That's a you thing. I specifically said that the brain areas governing rage are basically the same in animals and humans.
So...with humans...what would you do to create the rage that you would measure. You in the pejorative sense.
In humans? Humane manipulation of rage? I don't think it's possible. I suppose you could administer drugs to measure it, but I can't imagine that would be ethical - it's going to be very uncomfortable for the study subjects, to say the least.

Skom, when I was in neuroscience I learned about a lot of unethical experiments that were done and are done on humans, and these include implanting chips into people's brains to modify their behavior with the push of a button. It works. It works in humans just as well as in animals and it's every bit as evil as you can imagine.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#593212 Sep 18, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
No Ben if a writing does not fit your thinking or is a part of your agenda you place a label on it as wrong, fake, errors, fabrication or any other excuse you can find. In short all you offer is a opinion. Life for you must be filled with excuses.
The Bible is what it is and not you or any of mankind can change that. Good grief they tried for generation after generation with very lil understanding what so ever. Your only one in the masses is all.
You can believe all the lies the Bible feeds you. I prefer to feed on reality and truth.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#593213 Sep 18, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Hey what did the Tigers do?
Last I heard they were down 3-0
You are good at intercepting passes. <smiles>

Some stable somewhere

#593214 Sep 18, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Seeing you have accused me falsely of calling you an idiot, I guess you don't mind if I do, hey Idiot? Keep your boundaries to truth, and you might have a bit of respect going your way..... Lies are for the simpletons who can't get any respect when they tell the truth....
Serah, it's quite laughable, your last two posts. Quite clearly you're not against calling me names.

You have, in the past, told me I wasn't a scientist, didn't know anything, and on and on. And you say such things without knowing anything about science.

Here you are, demonstrating how above calling me an idiot you are. Well done.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#593215 Sep 18, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm not.
<quoted text>
Yes, I did. Extensively. Especially in the post where I outlined how we would study it.
I can't believe you didn't see that. Please read this again:
"There are a number of ways to measure that, then. If you observe it, you can correlate the rage with other behaviors (was a lower ranked animal performing some taboo behavior - such events cause anger in primates all the time), etc. So we can develop a methodology that allows us to make predictions (if low ranked animal B performs X behavior, it becomes the target of A's rage) and test those predictions - do they hold up?
Other ways of measuring:
- we can hook up apparatus to the animal's brain to directly measure what brain areas are involved in rage. That will tell us a lot
- we can "sacrifice" the animal immediately and measure the brain in all kinds of ways through stains - which areas were active, etc. If we are able to get the animal to produce the rage behavior a lot, the relevant brain areas will be larger than a non-raging animal. So we can make those kinds of predictions, too.
- We can place microchips into the animals brain, or selectively destroy parts of it, to produce rage. The former allows us to rage behavior of and on at will, the latter to make it permanent. Both will explain exactly where rage is produce in the brain - and with further analysis we can determine the neurons involved, the neurochemicals involved.
- Subsequently we can develop targeted drugs that produce rage.
Done. Our analysis is complete.
Now, Skom, this is old science, dating back tot he 60's. We know exactly what brain areas produce rage and how to make them do so. I've personally destroyed the septum pellucidum of a rat to cause it to have uncontrollable anger in my neuroscience undergraduate class."
I mention animal over and over.
I can't really have a discussion with you if you aren't going to read what I write.
So you experimenting with animals and changing the natural order of what nature set in place for the animals.

Then from there it will be experiment on humans and change the natural order of them too.

Meantime recording all the data off of this thread to further your research.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#593216 Sep 18, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Opps the curses of Eve just showed up.
But hell I already admit I am a sinner.
Aren't you a little old to be having "the curse" ?

“What game?”

Location hidden

#593217 Sep 18, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Of course they can and will change.... we expect them too!!
Good because they're supposed to. They have to.

Welcome to the scientific method.

You are now on your way to reality !!!

Baby steps.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#593218 Sep 18, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you tried laxatives?
He ate a box of suppositories. It gave him verbal diarrhea.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min nanoanomaly 87,969
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 23 min crucifiedguy 284,507
FATIH SIEMENS Servisi (2I2) 2O2 62 35 SIEMENS F... 42 min buzser 1
Siemens Cerrahpasa Siemens Servisi (2I2) 2O2 62... 45 min buzser 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 49 min Devil number 666 977,214
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 51 min Truthiness 480
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 1 hr Truthiness 28
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr -KENTUCKY- 665,191
More from around the web