“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#593020 Sep 18, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
Yessiree 'merica is a christian nation founded on biblical christian principles and we should get back to that!
So we should feed and shelter the poor?
HELL NO! I ain't payin' for no freeloaders!
We should visit and comfort the prisoners?
HELL NO! They don't deserve comfort!
We should pay our taxes without complaining?
HELL NO! That's my money and I'ma havin it!
We should show love and mercy freely?
HELL NO! Thems is earned!
We should avoid violence and turn the other cheek?
HELL NO! We got to take out the other guy before he takes us out!
We should be gracious to foreign people?
HELL NO! They shouldn't be here!
We should heal the sick like jesus did?
HELL NO! I ain't paying ifn some other folks is sick!
What about seeking to end injustice throughout the world?
HELL NO! That ain't our problem!
So what are you suggesting?
Why...banning same sex marriages of course!
Well said.

Here's a variation on the same them: America the Christian nation

“The Ten Commandments fit the United States like $10 shoes, from the first, where we install the "almighty" dollar as an idol, to the last, when we rely on covetousness to turn the wheels of commerce. We keep the Sabbath holy by shopping for bargains and allow and excuse false witness for advertising and political spin. We have been casual about killing for a nation that believes in "Thou shall not kill." And as for adultery, we apparently couldn't have a Congress without it. Beyond all that, we revere the Ten Commandments to shreds.” Tom Blackburn

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#593021 Sep 18, 2013
karl44 wrote:
karl44 wrote:
you do not have the authority to rewrite the christian bible
<quoted text>
I have the authority to "interpret" the bible. I doubt that you do.
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I was university trained to interpret ancient documents. Something very few Christians, including Bishops, Priests and preachers of the last 2000 years ever were.
It was notmy inent to dispute, that!

the post was directed at RR

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#593022 Sep 18, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
More denial
On a side note...

"Doctor," the embarrassed man said, "I have a sexual problem. I can't get it up for my wife anymore.

"Mr. Garrett, bring her back with you tomorrow and let me see what I can do."

The next day, the worried fellow returned with his wife. "Take off your clothes, Mrs. Garrett," the medic said. "Now turn all the way around. Lie down please. Uh-huh, I see. Okay, you may put your clothes back on."

The doctor took the husband aside. "You're in perfect health," he said. "Your wife didn't give me an erection either."

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#593023 Sep 18, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>s
That's the answer these days.
But in my days of private practice, it was because no patients wanted to come in on Christmas, no employees wanted to work, and the lab didn't pick up blood samples, which would have sat at least an extra day before being processed.
Working Christmas day really wasn't an option.
Im sure you made up for it by charging them two office visits and giving them a refill for the opiates.

Besides, if you needed extra cash you could always have the option to bill insurance companies for work you didn't do.

What as the reason you started getting rid of patients that weren't following your instructions again? You didn't do that your whole career. Why at the end were you suddenly so concerned about lawsuits?

Yeah in sure you were a great doctor. And if people should defer to others if they actually do know more, why is it you don't do that when it comes to the Bible?

Fennario

#593024 Sep 18, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
LOL
Oh look! The tittering Dimwit is back at work stealing time from his employer.
Skombolis wrote:
I will explain it again. The shift from OT to NT has to do with no longer be under Mosaic Law for salvation.
Salvation? The Old Testament law has nothing to do with salvation.
Skombolis wrote:
So anything to do with OT law doesn't apply to Christians today.
As always, one can produce a scripture that supports that, and one that contradicts it. Both positions are on the menu.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#593025 Sep 18, 2013
In view of the fact that this promise was never fulfilled to Abraham and that his descendants are now scattered among all nations, and are thus to remain until the end of the world, how shall we understand God's promise to Abraham.

To Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many but as of one. unto to they Seed which is Christ. Galatians 3:16

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593026 Sep 18, 2013
Globalization....

Question: What is the truest definition of Globalization?

Answer: Princess Diana's death.

Question: How come?

Answer: An English princess

with an Egyptian boyfriend

crashes in a French tunnel,

driving a German car

with a Dutch engine,

driven by a Belgian who was drunk

on Scottish whisky,(check the bottle before you change the spelling)

followed closely by Italian Paparazzi,

on Japanese motorcycles;

treated by an American doctor,

using Brazilian medicines.

This is sent to you by an American,

using Bill Gate's technology,

and you're probably reading this on your computer,

that uses Taiwanese chips,

and a Korean monitor,

assembled by Bangladeshi workers

in a Singapore plant,

transported by Indian lorry-drivers,

hijacked by Indonesians,

unloaded by Sicilian longshoremen,

and trucked to you by Mexican illegals.....

That, my friends, is Globalization!
Lost In Transition

United States

#593027 Sep 18, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.......
That reminds me of when you were telling us of one of your excursions and there was a guy there that you described as must having been his first time through. Something about he looked as if he'd tear into anyone that even thought about coming close to him..........LOL......
That dude was scared poopless. What was funny was that he didn't even have his legs under him yet, literally, yet he was projecting every threat in the book. He was about as dangerous as a worm. While there, you are aware of situations that evoke certain sense's here, such as humor, but you have to return to this side to really appreciate it.

Fennario

#593028 Sep 18, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
how about Gaytheist Day 365 days a year and we all mandatorily face san francisco & salute the rainbow flag! you'd like that, wouldn't you now?;)
Maybe. It would likely be very colorful, festive, and fun. Would there be a parade? Holidays like Day of the Dead and Mardi Gras are fun.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#593029 Sep 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for telling me stuff I already know.
Check this out:
GMROI
I know you'll have to google that.
You can't teach me about retail, son.
that is a beginning

and most suggestive that your knowledge would need the assistance of someone trained.

I am not suggesting myself, I have only a passing knowledge.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#593030 Sep 18, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You are still proving to be a liar and a moron.
Are you drunk again ?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#593031 Sep 18, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
* Your objection falls short where it could analyze the intent of the language employed to couch the anti-choice argument.
Karl...my objection didn't fall short on my intent...I never set out to analyze the intent of the language employed to couch the anti-choice argument. You must have misunderstood...

I am pro-choice...have I ever used the same terms that HFN used...possibly...I don't recall. If I have I assure you that my intent was not to couch anything.

So does this mean that you respect me even less now???

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593032 Sep 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Maybe. It would likely be very colorful, festive, and fun. Would there be a parade? Holidays like Day of the Dead and Mardi Gras are fun.
Fat Tuesday, the prequel to Ash Wednesday, 46 days before Easter.

Enjoy your Fat Tuesday festivities.

Just remember that without Christianity, Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday) wouldn't exist...

Location hidden

#593033 Sep 18, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
As of 2007, Pennsylvania ranked in the top 10 states in average teacher salaries.
I work in the 2nd highest paying shool district in PA.
Get a job, Racist!
In topix? They employ you?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#593034 Sep 18, 2013
Who are included with Christ in this promise as being of Abraham's seed.

If ye be Christ's then are ye Abraham's seed and heirs according to the promise. Galatians 3:29

He is not a Jew (note; A child of Abraham) which is one outwardly but he is a Jew which is one inwardly whose praise is not of men but of God.
Romans 2:28&29

They are not all Israel, which are of Israel; neither because they are (note Literal) seed of Abraham, are they all children but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.
Romans 9:6-8

Here then is the key that unlocks not merely one but many otherwise mysterious passages of the Sacred Scriptures. The gathering of Israel of their own land is not a gathering of Abraham's literal descendants to Old Jerusalem in unbelief but a gathering in faith of the spiritual see to the New Jerusalem the city which Abraham looked whose builder and maker is God.(See Hebrews 11:8-10).

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#593035 Sep 18, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said anything about being mouthy, missy. Mouthy is meaningless over there. I said you were heavily invested in your human condition, and that it would be interesting to watch how they turn you. They won't have a hard time, it's what they do. It might take a while, but time is one thing they've got plenty of.
:-) Okay...so I got it wrong...I just remembered that I might take a little work!

Good to "see" you LIT.

Wait a minute...you mean they won't care anymore about my ranting and raving there than anyone does here? I was hoping to settle on a place where someone would listen!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#593036 Sep 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Oh look! The tittering Dimwit is back at work stealing time from his employer.
<quoted text>
Salvation? The Old Testament law has nothing to do with salvation.
<quoted text>
As always, one can produce a scripture that supports that, and one that contradicts it. Both positions are on the menu.
LOL

You have been exposed. Your live that the Bible contradicts itself do much has not once been backed up by you with examples. You just say that to dismiss verses that show you don't know what you are talking about. Where is the contradiction?

And what do you think Mosaic law was about? You can't be serious.

Isaiah 12:2-2
God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD, is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation."

Zechariah 2:11
11 Many nations will join themselves to the Lord on that day, and they, too, will be my people. I will live among you, and you will know that the Lord of Heaven’s Armies sent me to you.

Location hidden

#593037 Sep 18, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you don't have a job.
Exactly, but it's YOU!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593038 Sep 18, 2013
karl44 wrote:
that is a beginning
and most suggestive that your knowledge would need the assistance of someone trained.
I am not suggesting myself, I have only a passing knowledge.
I have an expert knowledge in it.

It's unlikely that you could teach me anything about retail that I don't already know.

Location hidden

#593039 Sep 18, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you did.
I didn't.
Yes I do, and no you don't.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min It aint necessari... 765,516
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 26 min Jan 1,192
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 39 min NATIVE INDIAN 5,456
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr MUQ1 263,717
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 1 hr MUQ1 37,661
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 2 hr andet1987 4,972
INSIDERJOHN.COM REVIEW : BinaryApp-810 SCAM 2 hr dess71 2
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr truth 555,197
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Feb '14) 13 hr Dubai Massage 055... 141

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE