Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. Then you hear one say, "The bible teaches blah blah" as if it teaches anything at all, and another saying, "You don't understand scriptures like I do. I'm an authority."
That, of course, is the message of the quiz: the damned thing means whatever you want it to mean or its opposite, and that there is no such thing as a bible authority.
And this is a fine example of the kind of thing that we can learn here on Topix. We witness it repeatedly on these threads, and in my experience, nowhere else. We've seen literalists argue that the world was made in six days while those that find the contradictory science credible enough to be threatening telling us that yom means "ages." Same book, each side insisting just as vehemently that he is spirit filled and has the true understanding.
We have seen the dance of the Levites about which scriptures (Riverside Redneck?) chooses to disregard. With one wave of the hand, huge swaths of embarrassing verse that another Christian insist are valid today simply don't apply to him.
Skombolis just did something similar with abortion references. Almost immediately after telling us that "The NT doesn't say kill anyone and that is what Christians are under" he posts six scriptures from the Old Testament that he offers as arguments against abortion. Apparently Riverside Redneck, who is pro-choice, doesn't choose to see it that way. You can be certain that the eternally weepy and whiny finger-wagging Here For Now, who chooses to see those seeking abortions as "baby murderers," would go with the Skombolis version.
The bible turns out to be a Rorschach test of sorts. It can be used to assess the psyche of the individual Christian according to what he or she chooses to sees there. And each feels free to insist that he or she has authoritative knowledge of the mind of the god, and is arguing for goodness over evil.
LOL
I will explain it again. The shift from OT to NT has to do with no longer be under Mosaic Law for salvation. So anything to do with OT law doesn't apply to Christians today. That doesn't mean the entire OT is invalidated.

It establishes many things that remain the sane today. Just a few examples are God created everything, If a prophet's prophesy did not come true it was not from God and that an unborn child is considered a person capable of feeling emotion and having a relationship with God

Of course that is relevant to abortion as the question of morality is centered in whether the fetus is a life. You don't understand the Bible or what changed in the NT

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

<quoted text>
No, I didn't work on Christmas. Can you guess why?
<quoted text>
I don't think that I ever got a paid day off for Christmas. I was rarely an employee. I don't remember if I got a Christmas off in the Army, but probably. I didn't as an intern or resident.
With hospice, I got paid mileage and hours worked, with no paid vacation or holidays, and no pension plan. I was really an independent contractor, not an employee.
And as you might have guessed, I was on call Christmas Day my one year in the Missouri clinic.
But so what if I had? Christmas as an American national holiday is wrong, and possibly unconstitutional. You would understand if American also promoted Muslim holidays.
how about Gaytheist Day 365 days a year and we all mandatorily face san francisco & salute the rainbow flag! you'd like that, wouldn't you now?;)

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Christmas is a wonderful secular mockery of the insane Catholic Cult.
"It's the most wonderful time of the year!"
Bless us Rudolph!
Praise the Zombie Snowman!
I see Santa and trappings, I see very little christian trappings.

Since: May 11

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> No ol chap, youre cukold.
...you can't even spell the word. Move along troll boy, the cafeteria is empty.

Since: May 11

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
I see no problem with a national holiday in honor of the winter solstice. The government needs exercise caution, that it is not seen to endorse one religious belief over another. Many true believers will welcome the opportunity to honor Saturnalia.
I hope all the chrstains have a cool Yule, I really do.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
we are all not as educated as you. That does not mean that we are idiots.
She treats posters as they treat her. Those that respect her education and expertise are treated with respect. Those that don't are treated differently. They mostly are idiots.

Maybe you didn't see how this situation evolved. It didn't begin with Hiding saying "You are an uneducated idiot." It began with Christian anti-intellectualism.

People like Hiding, an academic, Catcher, a successful attorney, and I are used to deference in our areas of expertise. We come to Topix and encounter these Christian baboons and their arrogant insolence in our fields of expertise. For example, we have a felon / drug addict telling the attorney about the law and demeaning him as an attorney, and you've seen how he deals with me on medical issues.

We all three handle it differently, but none of us is going to return respect.
AnnieJ wrote:
I find the way that you treat people when they don't live up to your intellect rather arrogant and demeaning...as in
the way that you treated HFN because she didn't word things properly for you. I am not a huge fan of Serahs but still...there is no reason to respond to her as if she is less than you.
That wasn't about their education level. When they call pro-choice advocates baby murderers, I treat them with contempt as well. It isn't a matter of not having the best writing skills or knowing the most proper words. It's about intellectual dishonesty. They choose that language deliberately, and they are dealt with accordingly.
AnnieJ wrote:
How is the way that you speak to them...any better than how they speak to you?
Why would she treat them better than they treat her?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey LW,
LOL
That is true about the iron skillet. My Dads Cousin broke a iron skillet on her husbands head. He came home drunk and asked for it so she let him have it.
Woo that shows be careful what one should be careful what they ask for. The gift may be granted. The firewater always produces bravery with bad results.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>The information was not to "prove" anything to you. I don't believe it is the job of any human being to "prove" their faith to you.
The information was purely observational.
useless and irrational

at the very best, irrelevant.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

MisterCharrington wrote:
Yessiree 'merica is a christian nation founded on biblical christian principles and we should get back to that!
So we should feed and shelter the poor?
HELL NO! I ain't payin' for no freeloaders!
We should visit and comfort the prisoners?
HELL NO! They don't deserve comfort!
We should pay our taxes without complaining?
HELL NO! That's my money and I'ma havin it!
We should show love and mercy freely?
HELL NO! Thems is earned!
We should avoid violence and turn the other cheek?
HELL NO! We got to take out the other guy before he takes us out!
We should be gracious to foreign people?
HELL NO! They shouldn't be here!
We should heal the sick like jesus did?
HELL NO! I ain't paying ifn some other folks is sick!
What about seeking to end injustice throughout the world?
HELL NO! That ain't our problem!
So what are you suggesting?
Why...banning same sex marriages of course!
"Why...banning same sex marriages of course!"

it always comes down to this with you huh - oh champion of justice!

yeah, mr char likes it up the sewage-spout alright, his speech always betrays him!;)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you did.
I didn't.
get sum balls ya weasel!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
California pays high school teachers more than any other state in the country.
I'm not saying that they should, because California has one of the worst educational systems in the country, I'm just saying that they DO get paid the highest. Here, take a look:
http://www.sacbee.com/2011/01/26/995141/see-h...
Notice that none of them make $140,000 a year, like you claim you make.
That you feel it's important to post your income tells me you're lying about your income.
That you feel it's important to post your beliefs tells me you're lying about your faith.
Bongo

Deer Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
...you can't even spell the word. Move along troll boy, the cafeteria is empty.
You know its the C in Mr.c, ol cuckold legal pontificator.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Such a loving marriage! Bound for eternity and no divorce.
Brag on God!
You just canít help yourself but to put down can you? So donít wonder if people speak the same back at you. You have earned it.

I do not know if they were or are saved or not He was bigger and stronger than her. But saved or not he asked for it and got it. If you donít like it then you donít. It has nothing to do with saved or not I told what happened.

No one is perfect. If that doesnít suit you then you could always set a good example, or not. But being such a hateful grouch contributes nothing good to society so you have no leeway to complain if a Christian isnít perfect.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
"racist who administers corporal punishment to babies...and his wife" That is an outright lie. And you're condoning it.
How is that a lie? Are you not an admitted racist? Did you not strike a baby and your wife as punishment?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
There is nothing wrong with the religion, there's something wrong with some of it's followers.
There is nothing right with the religion, and too many of its followers are worse people because of it.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
I pretended to show 100% certainty.
Then you dishonest and not to be believed or trusted.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
I don't think it's the brain he wants the pickles and lotion on.....
LOL
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Woo that shows be careful what one should be careful what they ask for. The gift may be granted. The firewater always produces bravery with bad results.
Yes sometimes it produces lack of good judgment. Iím thinking he left her alone, at least for awhile.
I hope you have a good day Lady.
HFN

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I don't misrepresent what I know to be true.
You on the other hand can't properly process the written word. You are unqualified to say who is lying.
LOL

You got every crazy excuse in the book! Although the excuses in the quiz were some of the funniest ones to date! But you do not have an ongoing 100k deposit not does someone with a permanent non-work visa need to renew it. Once again you got caught lying.

And as to when I said what city I worked in the answer is never. You have tried every tactic you can from asking what car I drive to posting articles about pollution to stating I work in Detroit to try to get more information stalker boy.

I'm so in your head that you blatantly lie and stalk. Soon you may actually have to get your validation in reality. Maybe hire some of your neighbors for $6 a day to tell you how great you are! If you can afford it, I'm sure you will find it money well spent.

~snicker

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
You did understand what both Serah and HFN meant though...I am sure that you did...I would hope.
HFY...we are all not as educated as you. That does not mean that we are idiots...some of us are fairly intelligent based on that IQ scale...some maybe higher than others.
While some of us might not have that education level...no college degrees...no PHDs...no dissertations to write...etc...etc...does not me that we don't have other valuable skills...I will leave you to figure out what those might be.
My son has an extremely high IQ...my daughter not so much. She has other skills though that my son lacks...both set of skills contribute to the world that we live in.
I rarely respond to your posts...personally...I find the way that you treat people when they don't live up to your intellect rather arrogant and demeaning...as in the way that you treated HFN because she didn't word things properly for you. I am not a huge fan of Serahs but still...there is no reason to respond to her as if she is less than you.
How is the way that you speak to them...any better than how they speak to you?
Oh well...I am sure this post will win me no popularity votes but as I have said...what people think of me on this site does not affect the way I live my life.
One piece of advice that I gave my son...you can be of the highest intelligence and no one will listen when you treat them less than yourself. There is always someone that knows more than you.
the anti-choice lobby employs inaccurate and emotional language to support their immoral positions. I think hiding did a good job of explaining as much. If I had taken up that chore, I would have been far more critical of the employment of prejudicial language rather than intellectual discourse. Your objection falls short where it could analyze the intent of the language employed to couch the anti-choice argument.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
She treats posters as they treat her. Those that respect her education and expertise are treated with respect. Those that don't are treated differently. They mostly are idiots.
Maybe you didn't see how this situation evolved. It didn't begin with Hiding saying "You are an uneducated idiot." It began with Christian anti-intellectualism.
People like Hiding, an academic, Catcher, a successful attorney, and I are used to deference in our areas of expertise. We come to Topix and encounter these Christian baboons and their arrogant insolence in our fields of expertise. For example, we have a felon / drug addict telling the attorney about the law and demeaning him as an attorney, and you've seen how he deals with me on medical issues.
We all three handle it differently, but none of us is going to return respect.
<quoted text>
That wasn't about their education level. When they call pro-choice advocates baby murderers, I treat them with contempt as well. It isn't a matter of not having the best writing skills or knowing the most proper words. It's about intellectual dishonesty. They choose that language deliberately, and they are dealt with accordingly.
<quoted text>
Why would she treat them better than they treat her?
She talks to others in the same way though. Its her MO. She has proven it over and over.

If the conversation isnt challenging for her she should move on, not boast about how far superior she is then any other.

"The truest human is the one whose conduct proceeds from goodwill and an acute sense of propriety, and whose self control is equal to all emergencies; who does not make the poor man conscious of his poverty, the obscure man of his obscurity, or any man of his inferiority or deformity; who is himself humbled if necessity compels him to humble another; who does not flatter wealth, cringe before power, or boast of his own possessions or achievements; who speaks with frankness but always with sincerity and sympathy; whose deed follows his word; who thinks of the rights and feelings of others rather than his own; and who appears well in any company, a man with whom honor is sacred and virtue safe.Ē
&#8213; Markesa Yeager

You may not agree with ole Markesa, in fact I'm sure you'll find some way to excuse HFN's behavior, but the quote sure beats the hell oput of Bill Mahers chit.

Do you hear the difference between Maher and Carlin?

Carlin knows all government is corrupt, Maher just thinks its the Republicans..........

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

633 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min nanoanomaly 721,741
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 min Krackjacks 115,412
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min confrinting with the word 533,117
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 16 min Catcher1 224,421
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 28 min andet1987 5,254
Nine Eleven 35 min andet1987 30
Last Word + 2 37 min andet1987 284
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 39 min FudgeNFury 256,758
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 3 hr Nixxi 84
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••