Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#593069 Sep 18, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
What is specially promised to the meek both in the Old Testament and the New.
The meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.
Psalms 37:11
Blessed are the meek; for they shall inherit the earth. Matthew 5:5
"Better a broken promise than none at all."

~ Mark Twain
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#593070 Sep 18, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi HFN.... Its always good to see you..........
:)

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#593071 Sep 18, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
"......And as for adultery, we apparently couldn't have a Congress without it. Beyond all that, we revere the Ten Commandments to shreds.” Tom Blackburn
"Bossy Sprockets! All that steam has gone through your funnel. "

~ Thomas the Train

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#593072 Sep 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Technically the pagans didn't give dec 25th away, but anyway...
I agree, I'd never go to a Fat Tuesday parade. Too many freaks.
I just go for the beads.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#593073 Sep 18, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> hey ol yeller, are you a per diem hack getting a 1099? Not that theres anything wrong with that.
Nope, W-4 at both positions.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#593074 Sep 18, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
What promise did God once make to Abraham.
The promise that he should be the heir of the world. Romans 4:13
Yet another thing Paul got wrong.
Paul was an ignorant Pagan pretending to be a Jew.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#593075 Sep 18, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>LOL
I will explain it again. The shift from OT to NT has to do with no longer be under Mosaic Law for salvation. So anything to do with OT law doesn't apply to Christians today.....
The OT Laws never applied to anyone except Hebrews. Even the Kews admit that.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#593076 Sep 18, 2013
^^^^^ Jews^^^^^

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#593077 Sep 18, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
You did understand what both Serah and HFN meant though...I am sure that you did...I would hope.
HFY...we are all not as educated as you. That does not mean that we are idiots...some of us are fairly intelligent based on that IQ scale...some maybe higher than others.
While some of us might not have that education level...no college degrees...no PHDs...no dissertations to write...etc...etc...does not me that we don't have other valuable skills...I will leave you to figure out what those might be.
My son has an extremely high IQ...my daughter not so much. She has other skills though that my son lacks...both set of skills contribute to the world that we live in.
I rarely respond to your posts...personally...I find the way that you treat people when they don't live up to your intellect rather arrogant and demeaning...as in the way that you treated HFN because she didn't word things properly for you. I am not a huge fan of Serahs but still...there is no reason to respond to her as if she is less than you.
How is the way that you speak to them...any better than how they speak to you?
Oh well...I am sure this post will win me no popularity votes but as I have said...what people think of me on this site does not affect the way I live my life.
One piece of advice that I gave my son...you can be of the highest intelligence and no one will listen when you treat them less than yourself. There is always someone that knows more than you.
Education comes from all walks of life - from traveling to reading to being a parent. How the person reflects on their experiences, not the teaching they have received, is what produces the intellect. No amount of formal education is going to make someone brilliant, thoughtful or interesting. Experience is the greatest teacher, reflection and reflexivity the greatest tools of the learner.

HFN chose to use the word "baby" so she could link abortion to murder. Let's be honest about that.

Serah constantly makes authoritative pronunciations on subjects she doesn't understand while telling me I'm an idiot, not a scientist, not good enough to know better, etc. So you'll pardon me if I respond in kind. Now I've criticized Serah for her lack of education only because she continues to misrepresent science - and she does so because she doesn't know anything about science. I've never criticized HFN for the same because HFN doesn't make such pretenses. She either speaks of some opinion she has or some wisdom she has to share.

I always begin posting politely. When the demeaning comment comes, as it always does, it's returned.

Don't let IQ scores determine the outcome of your children. Sure, it's nice to be told you did well on what many consider to be an intelligence test, but it's not all that.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#593078 Sep 18, 2013
RR Spaghetti

2lbs ground beef
4lb Prego, "traditional"
4 tomatoes, diced
1 onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, finely diced
1lb spaghetti noodles
2 loafs garlic bread
Salt, pepper, basil, oregano, garlic powder, lemon pepper

Feed a family of three RR men and one RR female.

Some stable somewhere

#593079 Sep 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Every year it seems to get worse. I was at Home Depot the other day and they had Halloween stuff out and Christmas trees on the high shelves, ready to be put on display....
Wow. Soon the entire year will be devoted to Christmas! Then it will become Western culture - you'll all be worshiping the baby Santa by the Holy Tree!

Some stable somewhere

#593080 Sep 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You did exactly what I predicted you would. You presented your theories and passed them off as facts.
It's your belief system, Hiding. I don't have to follow it.
Please explain how DNA is theory.

You are confusing evidence with theory. I suspect you don't know how science uses theory, despite having been told many times, nor what evidence is.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593082 Sep 18, 2013
River Tam wrote:
"Better a broken promise than none at all."
~ Mark Twain
"An ounce of performance is worth pounds of promises."

Mae West

“"None shall pass"”

There

#593083 Sep 18, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
People like Hiding, an academic, Catcher, a successful attorney, and I are used to deference in our areas of expertise. We come to Topix and encounter these Christian baboons and their arrogant insolence in our fields of expertise.....
I throw my hat in that ring as well. I find the abuse and ignorance of the historical and anthropological sciences to be degrading.

Then there is that "education is a joke" attitude of the willfully ignorant that is an insult to all mankind.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593084 Sep 18, 2013
River Tam wrote:
I just go for the beads.
C'mon now.

You're Asian.

You go WITH beads....

>:)

“"None shall pass"”

There

#593085 Sep 18, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
get sum balls ya weasel!
I have big balls and a bat to match. Allegedly, that is why I was a lousy father.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#593086 Sep 18, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
That you feel it's important to post your beliefs tells me you're lying about your faith.
I always found his blatant and repeated lies to be indicative of his lack of respect for anything except his own ego..

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593087 Sep 18, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:

Education comes from all walks of life - from traveling to reading to being a parent. How the person reflects on their experiences, not the teaching they have received, is what produces the intellect. No amount of formal education is going to make someone brilliant, thoughtful or interesting. Experience is the greatest teacher, reflection and reflexivity the greatest tools of the learner.
Good morning.

THAT was an excellent paragraph.

I applaud you.
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#593088 Sep 18, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi HFN.... Its always good to see you..........
what do you see through cyber space,you dumb butt?
rats are able to see more,then you who they are and how the look?

if you see her/him" how this poster look;old young,pretty ugly, or 100 years old, etc???
he he heeeee you all of you are just sick cyber idiots

Some stable somewhere

#593089 Sep 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you misunderstand.
It's the "At least a few of them must have" thing that is an opinion, a belief for some.
There is no evidence of that, outside of Hollywood.
I see it as a belief.
A belief I agree with...
As I wrote, it's a prediction. I suppose you could argue that I have belief in our current theoretical frameworks that make those predictions. I'd have to point out that if the way in which I think of theoretical frameworks is not dogmatic - the theories can change with new evidence and through hypothesis testing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 31 min Steve III 653,905
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 36 min karl44 63,728
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr WasteWater 2,576
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 2 hr teqy2000 79
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 281,854
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr bad bob 183,170
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr lightbeamrider 106,495
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 hr Gabriel 973,749
More from around the web