Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#592997 Sep 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you misunderstand.
It's the "At least a few of them must have" thing that is an opinion, a belief for some.
There is no evidence of that, outside of Hollywood.
I see it as a belief.
A belief I agree with...
rational skeptics evaluate
religitards believe.

Even if the proposition of "life" on another "planet" were restricted to "mirroring life on earth" the probability for life existing elsewhere is very high. More recent investigations indicate that life is capable of existence in environments formerly thought restrictive. Lending credence to thoughtful speculation.

non-of-which constitutes "belief"

I do not intend, nor will I be enticed, to work thorough the scientific justifications, nor the mathematics, for those who form their concept of reality upon fear and desire.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#592998 Sep 18, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your heartfelt concern, but it's not possible to take vacations any more. I used to take vacations to get away from my work-a-day world in Poplar Bluff, Missouri, the "Gateway to the Ozarks" - often in Mexico. We liked those vacations so well, we made them our life.
Now you want me to go back "down in the holler" for a vacation?
http://www.amazon.com/Down-Holler-Gallery-Oza...
[I had this book in my office waiting room. People loved it.]
I hitchkiked down into Branson (before it was what it is today), back in 78 or 79. Me and a friend were on our way to Little Rock but we never made it. We decided to stay in the State park there for a few days and we had a blast. The guy that took us to the park was a hillbilly. When i hopped in the back of his pickup truck I wasnt sure if I would ever be seen or heard from again..........LOL.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#592999 Sep 18, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> mind numbing and soul crushing combined with poor diet?
Could be. I'd consider that he's seen a shovel to his head as well.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#593000 Sep 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

"racist who administers corporal punishment to babies...and his wife" That is an outright lie. And you're condoning it.

How is that a lie? Are you not an admitted racist? Did you not strike a baby and your wife as punishment?
Oh God IANS, not you too...

Sigh.

No I did not use corporal punishment on my wife.

That's a lie and you know it.

Location hidden

#593001 Sep 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Science cannot measure love or rage, it can only detect what it appears to be.
dfynitions of : love, rage, proof, measure, appear, detect.

????

If you employ regular definitions, then measurement may, and has; been made

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593002 Sep 18, 2013
<quoted text>
She treats posters as they treat her. Those that respect her education and expertise are treated with respect. Those that don't are treated differently. They mostly are idiots.
Maybe you didn't see how this situation evolved. It didn't begin with Hiding saying "You are an uneducated idiot." It began with Christian anti-intellectualism.
People like Hiding, an academic, Catcher, a successful attorney, and I are used to deference in our areas of expertise. We come to Topix and encounter these Christian baboons and their arrogant insolence in our fields of expertise. For example, we have a felon / drug addict telling the attorney about the law and demeaning him as an attorney, and you've seen how he deals with me on medical issues.
We all three handle it differently, but none of us is going to return respect.
<quoted text>
That wasn't about their education level. When they call pro-choice advocates baby murderers, I treat them with contempt as well. It isn't a matter of not having the best writing skills or knowing the most proper words. It's about intellectual dishonesty. They choose that language deliberately, and they are dealt with accordingly.
<quoted text>
Why would she treat them better than they treat her?
It's quite hypocritical of you to say that we are using "arrogant insolence" when in the very same sentence you called us "Christian baboons".

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#593003 Sep 18, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
You just can’t help yourself but to put down can you? So don’t wonder if people speak the same back at you. You have earned it.
I do not know if they were or are saved or not He was bigger and stronger than her. But saved or not he asked for it and got it. If you don’t like it then you don’t. It has nothing to do with saved or not I told what happened.
No one is perfect. If that doesn’t suit you then you could always set a good example, or not. But being such a hateful grouch contributes nothing good to society so you have no leeway to complain if a Christian isn’t perfect.
Good post HFN..........

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#593004 Sep 18, 2013
<quoted text>
She treats posters as they treat her. Those that respect her education and expertise are treated with respect. Those that don't are treated differently. They mostly are idiots.
Maybe you didn't see how this situation evolved. It didn't begin with Hiding saying "You are an uneducated idiot." It began with Christian anti-intellectualism.
People like Hiding, an academic, Catcher, a successful attorney, and I are used to deference in our areas of expertise. We come to Topix and encounter these Christian baboons and their arrogant insolence in our fields of expertise. For example, we have a felon / drug addict telling the attorney about the law and demeaning him as an attorney, and you've seen how he deals with me on medical issues.
We all three handle it differently, but none of us is going to return respect.
<quoted text>
That wasn't about their education level. When they call pro-choice advocates baby murderers, I treat them with contempt as well. It isn't a matter of not having the best writing skills or knowing the most proper words. It's about intellectual dishonesty. They choose that language deliberately, and they are dealt with accordingly.
<quoted text>
Why would she treat them better than they treat her?
LOL

Maybe that's because you got a "lawyer" saying things like "not-responsive" and saying you can use you own legal terminology in court.

Or saying he could get testimony stricken when credibility is an issue for the jury it saying he could get murder weapons handed over voluntarily kept out. It maybe lying about bring a big criminal defense attorney he usually handles big cases like murder is why?

Or maybe because a "doctor" who has written thousands of scripts for opiate pain medications claims they aren't physically addictive and that most people can't even get addicted. Then later says everyone knows they are habit forming and claims "we" as in the medical community is trying to move away from the word addicted to cover for either your ignorance is blatant self-serving lies

Why should people defer to you two? You had to commit insurance fraud to pay your bills and retired in Mexico. You guys are neither successful or knowledgable on basics. And will lie to try to make yourselves look better.

Respect is earned. You are a made-for-Topix bigot clown. Now go put on your big red nose "dr"

~snicker

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593005 Sep 18, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
She talks to others in the same way though. Its her MO. She has proven it over and over.
If the conversation isnt challenging for her she should move on, not boast about how far superior she is then any other.
"The truest human is the one whose conduct proceeds from goodwill and an acute sense of propriety, and whose self control is equal to all emergencies; who does not make the poor man conscious of his poverty, the obscure man of his obscurity, or any man of his inferiority or deformity; who is himself humbled if necessity compels him to humble another; who does not flatter wealth, cringe before power, or boast of his own possessions or achievements; who speaks with frankness but always with sincerity and sympathy; whose deed follows his word; who thinks of the rights and feelings of others rather than his own; and who appears well in any company, a man with whom honor is sacred and virtue safe.”
&#8213; Markesa Yeager
You may not agree with ole Markesa, in fact I'm sure you'll find some way to excuse HFN's behavior, but the quote sure beats the hell oput of Bill Mahers chit.
Do you hear the difference between Maher and Carlin?
Carlin knows all government is corrupt, Maher just thinks its the Republicans..........
Nice.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593006 Sep 18, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you stupid?
Are you talking to me?

Location hidden

#593007 Sep 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing wrong with the religion, there's something wrong with some of it's followers.
religion has served a purpose in (social and cultural) evolution (it is quite possible to form an argument that religion has aided in species survival).

In my view humans no linger require religion as a cultural meme.

worse.

the abrahamic faiths have corrupted the function of religion as a benefit, so-much-so that it is now a deterrent to survival.(opinion).

The intellectual bereft are attracted to religion, one must keep this in mind when analyzing the behaviour of the "followers".

christianity has been corrupted by it's leaders.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#593008 Sep 18, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Actually, you are the one who flunked the bible quiz, and you are the one who still thinks that his cafeteria choices reperesent objective truth in a book with no definite meaning.
<quoted text>
You mean the moral equivalents of whoremongers and murderers, right?
It means whatever the individual believer wants it to mean.
<quoted text>
Unbelievers? Don't you mean the wickedness and darkness?
You can continue to sugar coat your vile book, and I'll continue to reveal the excrement below the candy shell, OK?
And you can go on pretending to have superior understanding of a book that can be understood in any way, and I'll go on exposing that as well, OK?
LOl exposing your ignorance you mean

And let's see. You were raised an atheist yet as an adult became a Christian because you chose to

You just said you had a good church

You said after leaving the faith you were indifferent to Christianity until you came on Topix

So all your rants about Christianity on a society you don't even live in and how evil the bible is from you is just more made-for-Topix fraud. You just like the attention.

Location hidden

#593009 Sep 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I can totally understand a retail store wanting to make more sales, duh that's what they're there for.
It just seems a little crazy to have Christmas stuff out before Halloween. That doesn't seem odd to you?

the question is: does it sell? and if the "other store" displays "first" are your sales for the year down?--- that lesson is: get your merchandice out before your competitor. cost/benifit --- if I give up the display of ----- to instead display ---seasonal items early, do my over-all sales go up or down?

you could always hire someone with an education to advise you, they are most probably an atheist.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593010 Sep 18, 2013
karl44 wrote:
rational skeptics evaluate
religitards believe.
Even if the proposition of "life" on another "planet" were restricted to "mirroring life on earth" the probability for life existing elsewhere is very high. More recent investigations indicate that life is capable of existence in environments formerly thought restrictive. Lending credence to thoughtful speculation.
Actually, I agree with that. I find it incredibly laughable when people life is limited to 'Earth-like life'. Who knows? An alien species could be something we can't even imagine, could be a conscious cloud of dust, or a physical body no human has even thought of.

What you say, I agree with. That there is a "high probability" of alien life out there.

But for a person to say "there MUST be" seems a bit arrogant and wrong.
non-of-which constitutes "belief"
Yes it does. You believe there's alien life in the universe. Until proven, that's your belief.
I do not intend, nor will I be enticed, to work thorough the scientific justifications, nor the mathematics, for those who form their concept of reality upon fear and desire.
Eh?

Location hidden

#593011 Sep 18, 2013
<quoted text>
You do? I don't.
He claims to know a lot with me. He "knows" what the bible means. And he "knows" my motivations. And this is from a guy who demonstrates no more than superficial knowledge in any field.
and an inability to comprehend the content of written discourse.

Since: May 11

London, UK

#593012 Sep 18, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
get sum balls ya weasel!
Like yours you mean? Atrophied and retracted into your impotent little groin though they are...

You're not putting any buns in ovens with those...Ma'am LMFAO
Lost In Transition

United States

#593013 Sep 18, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
LIT told me once...the guys where he is going would have a hard time trying to figure out what to do with me...I might just be a bit to mouthy for them! LOL
I never said anything about being mouthy, missy. Mouthy is meaningless over there. I said you were heavily invested in your human condition, and that it would be interesting to watch how they turn you. They won't have a hard time, it's what they do. It might take a while, but time is one thing they've got plenty of.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593014 Sep 18, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
the question is: does it sell? and if the "other store" displays "first" are your sales for the year down?--- that lesson is: get your merchandice out before your competitor. cost/benifit --- if I give up the display of ----- to instead display ---seasonal items early, do my over-all sales go up or down?
you could always hire someone with an education to advise you, they are most probably an atheist.
Thanks for telling me stuff I already know.

Check this out:

GMROI

I know you'll have to google that.

You can't teach me about retail, son.

Location hidden

#593015 Sep 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh ya, lol.
And someday pigs will fly.
a "truth" supported by your belief.

I am as confident of this new revelation as I am about the existence of the god you advance.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#593016 Sep 18, 2013
No, I didn't work on Christmas. Can you guess why?...
BenAdam wrote:
Because you don't have a job.
s

That's the answer these days.

But in my days of private practice, it was because no patients wanted to come in on Christmas, no employees wanted to work, and the lab didn't pick up blood samples, which would have sat at least an extra day before being processed.

Working Christmas day really wasn't an option.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is it common for husbands and wives to spank ea... (Mar '13) 13 min jane 6
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 13 min Heinz Kaltenbrunner 8,501
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 16 min Spider1954 3,058
Horny snapchat usernames 23 min Apex 16
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 29 min Gods r Delusions ... 659,057
Middle aged man prefers wearing women's PANTIES (Aug '15) 35 min jane 6
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 37 min Lonestar 71,240
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 55 min DayStar__ 327
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Catcher1 974,899
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 2 hr eddy4294 5,105
More from around the web