Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#592539 Sep 17, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
The Bible absolutely supports peaceful coexistence with unbelievers.
Colossians 4:5-6
"Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; the most of every opportunity. 6Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone,"
Colossians 3:12
Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience,
Luke 6:27-31
Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. Do to others as you would have them do to you.
I Corinthians 13:4-8a, 13 - Love is patient, love is kind, and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails. Now abide faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
James 3:17-18
For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there is disorder and every evil thing. But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering, without hypocrisy. And the seed whose fruit is righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.
The "heart" (as it is portrayed) should not be "put on"...it should be "lived".
That "heart" is the "core" balance of any and all information one encounters in his/her relationship with their environment. Perceptive thought/speech/action is the response to that interaction...one which should always be tempered with justice/fairness/honest introspection...difficult, but not impossible. That which you encounter in individuals is the varying degree of ability each has to cope with these circumstances confronting them, and the information(or lack of) they have experienced.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#592540 Sep 17, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>oy!lol! true thing writer.
You see how "it aint necessarily so" run to his defense yesterday when that Idiot got trapped in his own writings and contradicting himself. LOL
Thing I wonder is how these half dead atheists look up to an obvious stunted idiot like Yosemite.
Is because I think their insecurity is worse iyai! they in really bad shape.
LOL

That's for sure. Lying for each other is instinctual for some of them.

I saw Catcher is back. I think he found out about the "Topix Lovestory" I posted about!

He probably has been pacing back and forth telling himself to relax, it was just a joke. But even knowing that was probably the case, the idea of another man gaining ground in the race for Ians heart was more than he could stand! He got dressed, cancelled the remaining days on his reservation at the men's bathhouse, and rushed right over! LOL

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#592541 Sep 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks again.
I wanted to say that, but I promised Ben that I wouldn't talk crap about his parenting ever again.
A promise is a promise after all...
I haven't been in here too much lately but having a day off work today and a bit of spare time up my sleeve (not that it can be seen there LOL). I didn't say anything to G about his daughter before, but just thought to point out that he is judging someone on a subject he didn't do too well with himself, and meant to point out he was being unfair. Most of us do the best we can, but we are humans, and emotional, reacting according to that which we can handle.

Location hidden

#592542 Sep 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha!!
I think you may be just a lil bit obsessed with me, you've been following along and keeping track way too closely.
I don't know shit about you, not because you don't tell, just cuz I don't care what you have to say.
I sincerely hope we never run into each other at the gym. You might just ask me for my phone number...
HaHaHa!

He'll wait until you are in the locker room

The only thing he goes for is the steam room anyway

Unless someone developed a limo-wrist curl machine?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#592543 Sep 17, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Agree it is a heated debate....
Not sure why it is but people down here who don't look after their children seem to want to have more and more and more ~ because the government keeps on paying them more each time they get pregnant and increases their income. Some women earn more money than people working long hours, and they don't even parent correctly. Obviously, we cannot force them to terminate their pregnancies, but they look at their children as income.
I have found that raising my voice and calling out "Oi" stops my grandchildren and Pugstar in ther tracks, and keeps discipline in control. Normally my voice is soft, so calling out one litle word shocks them into stopping what they are doing and that is good enough for me :)
I think that's some kind of sick dependency some people have. Lazy people, anyway. When I found out that welfare was going to a debit card wannabe, the EBT card, it made me sick. Although I understand that some people genuinely need assistance to get back on their feet, others abuse it and sort of turn government dependency into a 'career'.

I started disciplining, not abusing, my sons at a very young age. It didn't take long until it got to the point that a simple finger snap would stop any bad behavior.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#592544 Sep 17, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
This fallacy is sometimes called argumentum ad Hitlerum.
The Nazis stole books, and burned them in a public display, for unethical reasons.
Whenever I use a Holocaust/Nazi/Hitler analogy, I make damn sure that the analogy actually relates. Try doing that.
Whatever.

Nazis burned books.

You burn books.

That is all.

Location hidden

#592545 Sep 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Actions of Internet Trolls:
1. Trolls generally use provocative and confrontational language. A clever one will mix it up with relevant and friendly posts.
2. Trolls hardly ever stick to the topic; they beat around the bush with the intention to confuse the reader.
3. Trolls of the subtle variety flag off their attack with innocent questions. You will often find them dressed up as new members of forums and chat rooms.
4. Trolls lack understanding of a topic. They will not respond with a proper answer to a proper question.
5. Trolls (especially the clever variants) use catch phrases to win sympathy. For instance, they may portray themselves as victims or specially challenged.
6. Trolls use web addresses or fictitious online identities that lead to dead ends.
7. Trolls may make desperate efforts to make themselves liked. Sugar coated responses or overt-flattering comments are signature troll moves.
That sums up Ben perfectly.
You might want ta compare yer last 100 posts to these actions you use to compare others to....just say'n...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#592546 Sep 17, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't been in here too much lately but having a day off work today and a bit of spare time up my sleeve (not that it can be seen there LOL). I didn't say anything to G about his daughter before, but just thought to point out that he is judging someone on a subject he didn't do too well with himself, and meant to point out he was being unfair. Most of us do the best we can, but we are humans, and emotional, reacting according to that which we can handle.
Correct.

It was brought to my attention that I really don't know the whole story of what he did (or didn't) do and therefore have no right to pass judgement.

Obviously, with all the " wife beater" and "baby beater" comments, they can't do the same.

Oh well, I'll be the bigger man. It's a good place to be lol.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#592547 Sep 17, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>HaHaHa!
He'll wait until you are in the locker room
The only thing he goes for is the steam room anyway
Unless someone developed a limo-wrist curl machine?
Catcher worries me, man. I bet he's got a spiral notebook with "RR" tattooed all over it. He remembers far too many small details of shit I've written in the past year or so.

I think he makes RR notes every chance he gets.

Catcher: "ooohhhh RR said this" (writes) "ooooh RR said that" (writes) "OMG RR said THAT?" (writes) "ooohhhh I bet I can use that against him later!"

Lol

I have my own Internet stalker.

It's just too bad it isn't a chick.

.......or is it?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#592548 Sep 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Hey, that's cool. You, Ben & scar can whip up a little Nazi-style book burning party.
We'd have to open with a prayer to Jesus.

We could burn a pile of books in a cross shape, KKK style, after we open with a prayer to Jesus.

Or we could burn a pile of books at the stake, Salem witch hunter style, after we open with a prayer to Jesus.

Or we could just throw all the books into a lake of fire.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#592549 Sep 17, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
He said he hit a 36 month old because it was "throwing a tantrum" in public.
I argue with my 360 month old son, He throws tantrums
but I wont hit him. I gave up that philosophy at least 200 months ago.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#592550 Sep 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ugh.
It is pretty insane the type of people some Americans vote for.
I didn't know astrology played a part in "global warming"....
Lol
And thermology! The study of vicious, vicious therms. They eat happiness!

Some stable somewhere

#592551 Sep 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"My vocabulary".....
Oh my God, the egos are running rampant in here today.
Hey, lego my ego

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#592552 Sep 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Whatever.
Nazis burned books.
You burn books.
That is all.
Nazis gassed Jews.

You fart.

RR logic in action.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#592553 Sep 17, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>You said you turned your back on your daughter because she was a drug addict and heading in the wrong direction.
Perhaps, if it was RR's daughter, he would have stood by her and supported her ~ let us not judge others, G, in case we are judged ourselves.....

He lied because he turned his back many years before then.
Some people's children are actually a part of their lives, no matter what. But for others the burden was so high they dropped the load.
Sure we all can be frustrated and even overwhelmed by the problems our children cause us. But to turn your back on them forever, for what ever reasons, is admitting you failed miserably as a parent.
All my children love me, of this I've no doubt, they've good memories and bad. But the good memories, they... and I know they cannot forget them. Are the tales of legend and those you keep.

Taught them skills, only the old school can teach. But the best skill you can teach a child is simple, teach them to believe in themselves!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#592554 Sep 17, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
We'd have to open with a prayer to Jesus.
We could burn a pile of books in a cross shape, KKK style, after we open with a prayer to Jesus.
Or we could burn a pile of books at the stake, Salem witch hunter style, after we open with a prayer to Jesus.
Or we could just throw all the books into a lake of fire.
Whatever.

I don't condone burning crosses or witches.

You condone burning books.

And you're proud of it.

Location hidden

#592555 Sep 17, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Skom, if it wasn't for people like RR and others using the Bible as a tool to justify hatred and intolerance there would be no problem.
As I have said before, if the decent Christians would get together and denounce the lunatics and hate-mongers calling themselves Christians then I bet even atheists would cheer them on. Sadly, the sane and decent Christians either stand idle by or cheer on the lunatics and hate mongers "because they're fellow believers".
IMHO that is not what Jesus taught.
Unless the Bible is used to foster love and charity for EVERYONE then it is only filthy rags until Christians learn to treat it with respect. If Christians don't why should anyone else.
Just the way I see it.
It is up to you and the other Christians to prove Christianity is worthy and moral. Don't blame the unbelievers.
Im not following what that has to do with some of the atheists showing what they really want is a shift in power

No way IMO would they be content with Christians running the show no matter how well they treated others. They would still be angry that the country is run by "faith-based" thinkers and people who believe in God

And why aren't unbelievers expected to hold themselves accountable? You not only are asking one group to do what you won't ask of another but suggesting they be exempt from blame no matter how dishonest their motives

I can't agree with that friend

Location hidden

#592556 Sep 17, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I got a closet full of Mr. Coffee Filters.
Let's fly!
OH! Did I forget ta mention that it's buried jist south of Thoth's pyramid in the sand in Egypt yet? The dang fools hit it with a drill and broke the drill. LOL!
Now, my friend Hawass ain't in charge there no more, so we gotta figger a different way ta get it "excavated" now too. If ya got any friends in high or low places I'd appreciate ya lett'n me know now.
We can do this!
Wow! I never thought about "Mr. Coffee filters". Yer jist brilliant!
Welcome aboard mate!
Hey...we got way better treatment facilities in Lyra than they got here too...it ain't really that far fer us y'know...24-29 days ...depend'n on the condition of the mollybend'n magnets an all.

Some stable somewhere

#592557 Sep 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not trying to convince you, I'm trying to share my story with you. You can't understand the story though, because you have no experiences with God.
False.

Additionally, I have absolutely no doubt that your experiences are real and deeply meaningful to you. One thing I don't understand: why don't they affect your behavior more?

Oh, wait, no I do understand why they don't.
Do you believe in ghosts?
Nope.
Do you believe in extraterrestrials?
There has to be life on some other planets. I don't think it's super smart little grey men who have come here to anal probe people, though.

I'm thinking bacteria. Possibly multicellular life very, very far away.
Do you believe in luck?
You'll have to define "luck" a lot better if you want an answer.
Do you believe in a gut feeling?
Yup.
Do you believe in love? Do you believe in rage?
Yes, yes.
If you answered yes to any of those, you have your own set of belief systems that you cannot prove to anybody and that nobody can disprove to you.
hahaha! This is your argument, hey? You actually believe that "love" and "rage" cannot be tested and demonstrated? These are invisible for modern science in RR's extremely limited understanding of science? Are you going to next say something like "God is invisible, just like the wind!" That's fantastic, thank you for the laugh.

Our biological science describes a reality that is purely materialistic. You infer differently, that's fine. The point is, our biological science predicts that, if similar conditions to the early Earth exist on other plants, we should expect the similar outcome of life. Do I believe in life elsewhere? It's more like a prediction - there are billions and billions of planets. At least a few of them must have had conditions similar to Earth, and there is probably life on them.

RR: you can't base your belief system on my ignorance. I mean, go ahead. If you want I'll write down some things I don't know for you, and you can stick your deity there. Quantum physics! I don't understand - there you, it must be God! Love, rage, I understand pretty well - the various brain areas involved, the neuralchemicals, etc. It's not a mystery to me. So you can stick your deity there if you like, but it's only a mystery to you.

Some stable somewhere

#592558 Sep 17, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
he is the offspring of a coward who took his living expenses from a church collection plate
Uhm...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min YOURMOTHERISINTHE... 56,100
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Hangman 972,389
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 21 min WasteWater 106,055
the REAL REASON Ron Goldman was stabbed...64 TI... (Aug '15) 21 min Doctor REALITY 14
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 22 min WasteWater 2,295
the REAL Hillary PROBLEM: Vince Foster 45 min Doctor REALITY 1
Renzenberger : STEALING MILLIONS from their dri... (Feb '15) 50 min Doctor REALITY 37
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr kent 649,836
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Fri Noname 69
More from around the web